Winn Dixie

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

mangogirl in Jacksonville, Florida

76 months ago

I Was hired as a Food Service Manager by Winn Dixie The person who trained me,<Edited by Host: Name Removed> told me repeatedly that the nature of the job was that there was never enough time to do all that had to be done, that the pressure was awful, that her health was suffering. She even showed me how she changed the red dot stickers on food on the display when the four hour mark hit.

One of the things that I noticed right away was that at least once or twice a week the store manager would tell us that �we had company coming�. He meant that corporate was going to be in the store soon and �we had to make it perfect�. We would be told to have at least 35 chickens on display, even though they would get thrown out later. Now as far as I was concerned we had company coming every day; our customers! I went through this last week, and every week I worked for Winn Dixie. If that much attention to appearance and quality was shown to our customers, not just �corporate�...then there would be no holding this company back!

When I finally took over the deli at the San Jose store, I was told tha t I was NOT to make the employees clean or follow health code (check temperature of cooked chickens) that they would quit! We were understaffed, I was verbally abused, cussed at, overworked...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JSStoreManager in Ft Pierce, Florida

74 months ago

mangogirl in Jacksonville, Florida said: I Was hired as a Food Service Manager by Winn Dixie The person who trained me,<Edited by Host: Name Removed> told me repeatedly that the nature of the job was that there was never enough time to do all that had to be done, that the pressure was awful, that her health was suffering. She even showed me how she changed the red dot stickers on food on the display when the four hour mark hit.

One of the things that I noticed right away was that at least once or twice a week the store manager would tell us that �we had company coming�. He meant that corporate was going to be in the store soon and �we had to make it perfect�. We would be told to have at least 35 chickens on display, even though they would get thrown out later. Now as far as I was concerned we had company coming every day; our customers! I went through this last week, and every week I worked for Winn Dixie. If that much attention to appearance and quality was shown to our customers, not just �corporate�...then there would be no holding this company back!

When I finally took over the deli at the San Jose store, I was told tha t I was NOT to make the employees clean or follow health code (check temperature of cooked chickens) that they would quit! We were understaffed, I was verbally abused, cussed at, overworked...

I have seen the same thing though my training. I can also tell you I know a manager who got fired from Publix and now works for winn dixie. for taken items marking it down and purchasing it cheap then going to his flea market and selling it for a profit. Now it does this at winn dixie to and what is really funny is they have no idea that he is doing it and when the employees get wind of it he finds a reason to fire them and corporate lets him do it.
Winn Dixie is not as smart as they think they are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.