Wisdom Beverage Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Wisdom Beverage?

What do you like best about working at Wisdom Beverage? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Laurent in Raleigh, North Carolina

40 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Wisdom Beverage?

What do you like best about working at Wisdom Beverage? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Wisdom beverage distributes wine and Red Bull in NC..... Sort of. Awful company!!! Salary is very low compared to standard for industry. Bonus is non existent. Wisdom will try to take money from you any way possible. After they cut your pay they try to make you feel like the money you do get is too much for the job you do. If you want to be under appreciated and work for a bunch of morons, work here.

Guy who owns this company seems smart, but apparently is not. Don't be fooled by that nice office in Winston Salem either. The company will not send any of its earnings back your way, regardless of how hard you work.

Oh and besides all that, the management "team" is terrible. There isn't an MBA in the house and it shows. Completely unprofessional and disorganized, Wisdom seems like a bad dream.

Whatsnmost funny is the name of the company... Wisdom??? More like a lack thereof. If you're desperate take this job, otherwise keep looking and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laurent in Raleigh, North Carolina

40 months ago

Oh and you get 5 days paid vacation the entire year. Woopdeedoo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MB in Raleigh, North Carolina

40 months ago

Hahaha I worked here some time ago. The above post is dead on. Though I liked the GM when I was there but I heard he left the company.

Not the worst job I had, not the best. Stay away if you can.

Real problems

Pay is awwwwwwwful. Awful.

Jobster24/7 in Raleigh, North Carolina

40 months ago

Wisdom Beverage SUCKS. I am so glad some people finally ripped this place on the Internet.

You know, it really is special when you find a company that has nothing go right. Management, owner... The whole shebang. This place should just close it's doors. I was "fired" from this job for refusing the be an idiot like the guys in charge. My advice to ANYONE who might consider themselves mildly intelligent is to stay away from this company!! They usually keep a good rep about 6 months.. Because you will leave in frustration or be let go by the geniuses that run the show for one reason or another. Do not assert yourself in anyway while at the company. All the managers feel inferior and are intimidated by someone with an independent thought, idea, or concept.

Trying to be recognized for your work is impossible, with these buffoons it's all about who has the biggest you know what......

Pay is awful
Bosses are awful
Work level is high
And again.... Pay is awful...

People that had been with this company from the start left because they realized it was nevergoing anywhere.... As a matter of fact, does this company still exist? Update anyone?

The above reviews are not harsh enough!!!! Stay away

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

DoubleLs in Cary, North Carolina

40 months ago

Yep, this is the truth, The owner is a guy named john fragakis (sp) out of winston-salem. I met him a couple times and he is a nice guy. The issue though is someone who is nice to your face and then makes decisions behind close doors to screw his sales force. I have to say, this company was disappointing.

I am not sure of how management is paid. I think there are some people up top that are paid well but thats got to be it. The lower level managers are not compensated well and the sales force is essentially paid minimum wage. I dont understand why, i always thought they were making money.... but they always come up with sob stories about how they are not making money and how "john is floating the company"

the truth is, this company has got a lot of issues. John could be described as a liar, though the blame seems to lie on others involved. ultimately though, it has got to be the owners responsibility to treat employees like they are valued in some way.

Boss's wife was a total hottie. ONLY plus of the job.

YOU DONT EVEN GET FREE RED BULL!! that was always the worst part.

I love the drink, hate the company.. like the others say, it beats waiting tables, but keep looking if your serioius about a career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hayden

38 months ago

First of all, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This is hilarious and mostly true. I worked for this company two separate times. The first experience was positive (granted i was 21 and fresh out of school) the second was not so much. The management has changed up, not all change is good. It took them four months to get me business cards. 4 months. This IS a sales job.

I did learn a lot working for this company..... Not necessarily about sales.

Training is poor, everyone is spread pretty thin.

Tina is a total hottie, have to agree with that.. I think everyone did. Haha (hey chris)

You do get a great discount on wine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ChrisCross in Greensboro, North Carolina

38 months ago

Island of misfit toys. No one wants them... So they come here to work!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MonsterMan in Greensboro, North Carolina

38 months ago

This is great. I am a state-wide manager with Monster ED. I have interviewed almost every off-premise manager this company has ever employed. They all come to me with the same story, "Wisdom is a terrible company".. I actually just finished an interview process with an off-premise manager out of this companies Durham office.

I would NEVER hire anyone who has worked here previously, because either way these people are obviously unable to do their job correctly OR complain Wayyyy too much.

Gosh, the internet is a great place to find out anything you want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BusterBrown in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina

38 months ago

hmm

38 months ago

hmmm, I am not sure about all of this...

38 months ago

Though to be honest. Its True. The Red Bull employeers here get abused... ABUSED.

Ralph in Walnut Cove, North Carolina

29 months ago

MonsterMan in Greensboro, North Carolina said: This is great. I am a state-wide manager with Monster ED. I have interviewed almost every off-premise manager this company has ever employed. They all come to me with the same story, "Wisdom is a terrible company".. I actually just finished an interview process with an off-premise manager out of this companies Durham office.

I would NEVER hire anyone who has worked here previously, because either way these people are obviously unable to do their job correctly OR complain Wayyyy too much.

Gosh, the internet is a great place to find out anything you want.

First of all if you are a manager you have the literacy of a toddler. Second I worked here for a year in 2010. The employees told me though offered a job with the hope of a bonus they have never received one. The managers here if the same ones are terrible. I was hired by Chris who was a really nice guy and left the company over the summer. I was told the hours were 7-5 basically, they had us coming in at 6am and I was getting of at 10pm. There were 4 of us spread over 8 counties and we were terribly understaffed. If Red Bull actually knew how this company operated they would probably revoked their distributing rights. They will fire you if they under order 16oz and 19oz can's and you don't have any to stock your shelf claiming you just didn't feel the order even if you are the top sales person on the team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Legal Beagle in Raleigh, North Carolina

22 months ago

Laurent (AKA Buster) or whatever you call yourself;
YOu seem like you have an axe to grind with Wisdom Beverage Company, I would tend to agree with MonsterMan (I would never hire any employee of a former company who would be willing to denigrate an entire organization in the classless fashion in which you have. No matter what your experience was there)

Not an MBA in the bunch, do you know that?
What degree do you hold?
Why were you terminated at Wisdom Beverage?
Why did you willingly work at this company for over two years, if this was your daily mindset (Did this attitude effect your overall performance?)

You sound like an angry former employee, who has nothing better to do then spit venom at others who are still employed by this organization?
My advise to you would be to stop blogging from the basement of your mother's house and go find something productive to do...

My final observation would be to put your real name on some of those statements and then and let that judgemental pendulum of yours get cast back in your direction..

Otherwise you are a coward who hides in the basement of his mother's house posting Slanderous, Libelous Statements about an organization, owner, and employees..

By the way, here is the copy of The North Carolina Slander,Libel, and Defimation Laws (Be careful what you post!) (This is a very tight network/industry..some might even know who you are~)

www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/north-carolina-defamation-law

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Yeah the statue of limitations on defamation is 1 year. Sooooo no luck there Vic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

too funny in Holly Springs, North Carolina

20 months ago

vic is a tool

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

too funny in Holly Springs, North Carolina

20 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Wisdom Beverage ?

i like they went out of business

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.