What is the Women's Dream Team?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 371)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Olive Oil in Stamford, Connecticut

91 months ago

Does anyone have any experience with the Women's Dream Team? Is it another scam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1218) / No (176) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

I'm curious, too. Their web site tells nothing about what they actually do and how they get paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (156) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

It's a big pyramid scheme.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Catherine in Vineland, New Jersey

90 months ago

Anonymous in Texas ... what is your experience with them that makes you say it is just a pyramid scheme?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I had a lady come to my house several months ago asking me if I'd be interested in making enough money to have a comfortable life, etc. She gave me close to the same information indicated on WDT's website. She wanted $300 to start the 'business' and then I would have to try and recruit other people so that they could each give me $300. I would keep a portion of it, but at the same time I would have to sell products from a list on their brochure which would give me a certain percentage from the $$ amount sold. It was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. My husband listened in on the conversation and basically told the lady to get out of the house because of it being a big scam and preying on people who want to make money.
The same thing happened to a couple of friends of mine. Something to think about-if a website doesn't indicate the specifics on what you'll be doing to make money then it's most likely not a business/position to get into b/c it could be a scam. I've seen many emails sent to me re: a position that may be of interest to me. After doing more research, I had found that it was listed as a scam and who were involved, etc. Just do thorough research before getting involved in something you're not familiar with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (306) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

workingathome said: WDT is not a scam, nor is it a pyramid. There is no $300 fee to "start". That company is not associated with WDT. I am not a woman, but I do work from home and I am familiar with them. They are a group of women who work with and train others in their group to work from home. To find out the truth, go to their website (yes, it does not give all the information) and request info to find out the facts.

Why do you need other women to train others to work from home? Isn't that just common sense?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

And, if WDT is a real company, how come they aren't upfront about what EXACTLY they do? To me that's a business which isn't honest and likes to lure people in to find out about nothing. When a business has a website it should give the audience information about their company. I wouldn't bother wasting my mobile minutes on calling to find out what the company is about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (95) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

1 Smart Lady in Baltimore, Maryland

90 months ago

I think anytime you open yourself up to a legitimate job search and do what we all do, post your resume, then we are subject to all types of inquiries by any employer out there. We know to stay away from any one or any thing that asks us for money unless we are true entrepenures and then we seek legal advice first.

In general, if I did not apply I do not expect a response. Just like the people who ask you for to set up bank accounts to (snicker) process payments from overseas. Honestly, I am just trying to say, if it sounds too good to be true, go ahead and say it to yourself out loud.

These jobs should stick out to you all as exactly what they are designed to do make everything out there look like the rainbow to the pot of gold with minimal qualifications.

If it is a pyramid and you made it without the help of family and friends and did not have to sell products someone else made commission on first, let me know where any of you have found this gold at the top of the pyramid!!!We can all get rich and share in the promised land. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

lil in Baltimore, Maryland

90 months ago

No one still says what they do - exactly. That does cause people to wonder about why a direct explanation is not given. After all, that's all we are asking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Roswell, Georgia

90 months ago

I agree. The woman who commented that she's an executive director and that it's a wonderful company . . . also failed to say what the company does. Just that if a woman completes their training program (which I assume costs money) that her dreams will come true. My bet is that the "training program" is a motivating course about how to sell other women the "training program" and therefore make money. I'd bet that you make money for each training program you sell . . . and that you get a cut of the training programs that your customers sell.

If that's so, then I hope this executive woman making lots of money and bragging about how well off her kids are now . . . can find another way to teach her kids better than profiting from shady deals. And if it's not a shady deal . . . then come out and say what the company does. (unless my guess is right)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

STILL WAITING FOR AN EXPLANATION - WHAT DO YOU DO AND HOW DO YOU DO IT? HOW DOES ONE GET PAID? Your response of a "wellness company that promotes environmental & safety products" still dosen't say too much. And what is a "wellness company"? If you can completely explain how this "business" works, I'll listen - if not - I'll take it as entire hoax and make sure all my friends and associates know the experience I have had with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (99) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Roswell, Georgia

90 months ago

Hey, Lil in Baltimore. You've been designated as "not a team player." HA! LOL I truly laughed out loud when I read that. I think that's code lingo for something else. . . like maybe "not naive" or "been around the block."

If you are like me, I'm not interested in pursuing this anymore. . . but, as a woman with a family, am VERY irritated that this seems like a business that is made up of women who prey on other women trying to be moms and stay afloat financially . . . and will likely jip them and their children of $300 (at least)that they can't afford. Even worse, it will get their hopes and ultimately embarass them in front of their friends who they try to recruit. I'm experienced enough to see red flags all over this . . . and recall my younger days when many of my fellow girlfriends/young mothers got taken in by similar schemes. They didn't deserve that and today's women don't either. Sooooooooo . . . that's my personal interest in this. Especially when I keep seeing it listed as a legit job on some web based job posting sites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (101) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Pat in Roswell, Georgia said: Hey, Lil in Baltimore. You've been designated as "not a team player." HA! LOL I truly laughed out loud when I read that. I think that's code lingo for something else. . . like maybe "not naive" or "been around the block."

If you are like me, I'm not interested in pursuing this anymore. . . but, as a woman with a family, am VERY irritated that this seems like a business that is made up of women who prey on other women trying to be moms and stay afloat financially . . . and will likely jip them and their children of $300 (at least)that they can't afford. Even worse, it will get their hopes and ultimately embarass them in front of their friends who they try to recruit. I'm experienced enough to see red flags all over this . . . and recall my younger days when many of my fellow girlfriends/young mothers got taken in by similar schemes. They didn't deserve that and today's women don't either. Sooooooooo . . . that's my personal interest in this. Especially when I keep seeing it listed as a legit job on some web based job posting sites.

Hey Pat in Roswell, Georgia - thanks for the reply. I laughed also. How can you be a team player when you don't know what the team is playing? In this forum, we still haven't gotten an answer to exactly what you do and how you get paid. I guess that the executive/director really did answer.

It is frustrating that WorkBaltimore.com, which is a legit web site dosen't research the companies they let post ads.

Best of luck & be safe - to another mom who is "honestly" trying to provide a little extra for her family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Falls Church, Virginia

90 months ago

From what I have researched so far on the internet; it seems like the company WDT is a wholesale company. It markets products that are evnvieromentally safe (don't know the full details on that), health supplements like Xango, Nonee, vitamins and others. Basically, like some others on the internet. If you join, you can be a director/customer by purchasing products @ a discount and selling to other people on line @ a mark-up. This is how you get your income, from those that purchase from you. You are probably given a website @ a discount and help maintaining from one of their servers. Hope this gives some insight w/o stepping on their toes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (94) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Kel

90 months ago

Linda in Falls Church, Virginia said: From what I have researched so far on the internet; it seems like the company WDT is a wholesale company. It markets products that are evnvieromentally safe (don't know the full details on that), health supplements like Xango, Nonee, vitamins and others. Basically, like some others on the internet. If you join, you can be a director/customer by purchasing products @ a discount and selling to other people on line @ a mark-up. This is how you get your income, from those that purchase from you. You are probably given a website @ a discount and help maintaining from one of their servers. Hope this gives some insight w/o stepping on their toes.

I just attended the webcast last night, and you do not sell any products. And yes, if you attend the webcast you get 100%of the details, and no one it absolutley does not cost $300. I believe that no one will give you exact details because those details are reserved for women who have a genuine interest in themselves and working for a good program. I am "not naive" and I have definatley "been arounfd the block". You do not sell products nor do you "prey" on anyone. With this company you will get out of it exactley what you put in to it. It is not a get rich quick plan, so if that is what you are looking for - this is definately not the company for you. Of course you are more than welcome to go work for one of those companies that allows you to stay home in your jammies, do nothing, and earn $10,000 a month - because they are everywhere.

Yes that was sarcasm and I apologize.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (97) Reply - Report abuse

WDT Marketing Exec. in Hollywood, Florida

90 months ago

Thank you for the POSITIVE reply! And yes, the webcast is VERY informative. The women are so upbeat and nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (87) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Falls Church, Virginia

90 months ago

When your are given a free website as it states on their webpage (the link: www.womensdreamteam.com/lifeStyles.html), this is to advertise for a way to obtain monetary funds. You will be connected to products that are enviromentally friendly, organic items, supplements and the sorts. When a browser happens to hit one of those links and purchases an item you are linked to. You obtain a sale for a product, whether wholesale or retail. This is the way those type of programs work. They are not the only ones that offer this. This may seem like a pyramid scheme to some, but this is how people can have a chance to make money. No offense is taken by those that do not agree, it is solely an opinion from information I have obtained from a relative that has a different type of work from home business; as well as a few others and the web.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

WDT Marketing Exec. in Hollywood, Florida

90 months ago

I am not sure what sites you are refering to. At WDT, we do not sell any products. We are not allowed to. We do not have a link to go to the products either. The sites you are refering to sound interesting though!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (58) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Roswell, Georgia

90 months ago

Kel said: I just attended the webcast last night, and you do not sell any products. And yes, if you attend the webcast you get 100%of the details, and no one it absolutley does not cost $300. I believe that no one will give you exact details because those details are reserved for women who have a genuine interest in themselves and working for a good program. I am "not naive" and I have definatley "been arounfd the block". You do not sell products nor do you "prey" on anyone. With this company you will get out of it exactley what you put in to it. It is not a get rich quick plan, so if that is what you are looking for - this is definately not the company for you. Of course you are more than welcome to go work for one of those companies that allows you to stay home in your jammies, do nothing, and earn $10,000 a month - because they are everywhere.

Yes that was sarcasm and I apologize.

aaaaahhhhhhh . . . you've been joined the secret club and been sworn to uphold the "secret details of the club" while at the same time smugly shun the outsiders. Well, good luck with the working very hard and making lots of money by not selling anything (note that the WDT executive posts below that the company does not sell any products) and not taking money from your friends and family and doing a job that is secretive. Going around the block a few more times will be good for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Kel

90 months ago

Oh I don't mind what anyone has to say on any forum. I like to be open to all people's opinions- whether I agree with them or not. I also don't resort to negative demeaning comments when I don't agree with someones thoughts or opinions. Even though I don't feel the need to explain myself, I am a 6 year veteran of the US Army and spent 5 years as a law enforcement officer, and I am the mother of 3 children ranging from teenager to infant. I have been around more blocks than most people would care to look at. I will just continue to be the postive hard working person that I am and I will reap the rewards of that. For the previous poster in GA, I have lived a long time dealing with the negative people in the world and I know from experience, the postive side is much more enjoyable...........come take a walk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Olive Oil in Maine

90 months ago

A month later with 26 replies and I still don't know what the Women's Dream Team is or what it does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (108) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kel

90 months ago

I would suggest you contact a reprsentative and attend a webcast. Then you can have the information first hand instead of from people who aren't even involved, who knows you may decide to become a team member

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (54) Reply - Report abuse

Kel

90 months ago

You are correct, I used sarcasm. I love how you quote me but leave out the portion of "I aplogize". Convenient. I did not come on here to wage war with anyone. However, just as you "don't want to see people be scammed". I don't want to see people speak on subjects on which they utterly ignorant and just give information as though it is fact -- even though it doesn't even resemble the truth in something. You are so adamant that something is a scam, yet you yourself admit you really don't know what the program entails. My point is simply one should not voice opinions (be it positive or negative) on subject matter they are not familiar with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

WDT in Hollywood, Florida

90 months ago

Kel,
I told you not to bother with her. Some people feed of negatives.
I found a great article by Zig Ziglar regarding positive and negative.
www.arcamax.com/messagefordailyliving/s-141463-222316

Small insert from article "We need to go back to the positive phrases that have lifted people out of the doldrums for years, statements like, "If life hands you a lemon, make yourself lemonade," "In every cloud there is a silver lining," and so on. Dr. William James, the father of psychology, says that the most important discovery of our time is that we can affect our lives by changing our attitudes. He points out that attitude is a choice; we can literally choose to look at things in a positive vein or choose to look at things in a negative vein. The more we take the negative approach and discuss our problems and the difficulties in society, the more problems we will have to discuss. It's amazing what taking the more optimistic approach will do to improve our own personal lives, our family lives and society in general."
Anyway, I have found several other sites regarding work at home moms. None of them are hateful. They take the information for what it is, an informative comment. No bashing, no nasty remarks. Just upbeat people sharing ideas and so on. So Kel, may I suggest looking elsewhere. I refuse to comment to those on this forum anymore that are negative. Remember, misery loves company, so don't give her any! Good luck with your choice of staying home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

Kel

90 months ago

Thanks Hollywood. Your right, I too have found some better, more informative sites to visit. Maybe I will see you there!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Anonymous in Houston, Texas said: Why do you need other women to train others to work from home? Isn't that just common sense?

It is not really women training women. It is more of a support group. We lift each other up to do our best and support each other for staying home and trying to help with the income. We provide assistance where needed. I didn't have to work for several years. Our insurance went up $10,000 and our property tax went up $6,000, this year alone (thanks to the hurricanes and living in FL). Anyway, I couldn't find a job that fit my son's school schedule. I didn't want aftercare to be with my son for 3+ hours a day until I was able to get him. Plus, has anyone seen the costs of care for children these days? Unreal. So between gas prices, commuting, child care expenses, and all kinds of other obsacles we face today, I chose to stay home. I do not push anyone into what I do. If you choose to know, then we have great webinars and such. It is such a visual presentation that to just spill it out over forums would not do it justice. Honestly. I am sure I will get some kind of 'negative' feedback from others reading this. I am not selling anything. Just answering your question and maybe a little more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (64) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Olive Oil in Maine said: A month later with 26 replies and I still don't know what the Women's Dream Team is or what it does.

Kel is right. Find a representative. There are several on the web that can help you out. There are even some on myspace. I am not a member there. But, I do know several of our team members are. I can say that the company we work with does not want us to give out too much information via online. There is too much to say. We cannot answer all the questions. We have women that are specifically trained to assist in all questions during the webcast. It is a free webinar. The only thing you need is internet access, about 40 minutes of free time, and an invite! The reason for the invite is so we know this is something you are truly interested in. Kinda like an interview. I have never had a job where they hire me from a piece of paper, let alone an email. Our company, yes I said 'our' because I chose to work with the team, has been in the Fortune 500 Inc. mag for five years straight. They have proven results for positive growth and are still growing. It is an opportunity I didn't want to miss out on. So after a long excessive reply (sorry), Kel is right about finding a representative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Roswell, Georgia

90 months ago

WDT in Hollywood, Florida said: Kel is right. Find a representative. There are several on the web that can help you out. There are even some on myspace. I am not a member there. But, I do know several of our team members are. I can say that the company we work with does not want us to give out too much information via online. There is too much to say. We cannot answer all the questions. We have women that are specifically trained to assist in all questions during the webcast. It is a free webinar. The only thing you need is internet access, about 40 minutes of free time, and an invite! The reason for the invite is so we know this is something you are truly interested in. Kinda like an interview. I have never had a job where they hire me from a piece of paper, let alone an email. Our company, yes I said 'our' because I chose to work with the team, has been in the Fortune 500 Inc. mag for five years straight. They have proven results for positive growth and are still growing. It is an opportunity I didn't want to miss out on. So after a long excessive reply (sorry), Kel is right about finding a representative.

I looked up the Fortune 500 company list at www.fortune500s.net - - an alphabetical listing - - and did not see Women's Dream Team or WDT on it. Then I went to the Fortune 500 magazine web site and did a search for Women's Dream Team, Womens Dream Team, and WDT. There were no matches for this company. The search covers all of the various Fortune 500 mags including the small business one. I ALSO went into the archives for the magazine (covers the last 5 years) and still no matches. It occurred to me that maybe, when you say they've been in the Fortune 500 Inc. mag for 5 years . . . maybe because WDT placed an ad . . or a classified ad. Those won't turn up on the search.

I know you'll say this is "negative" . . . but post the link to your Fortune 500 reference so we can see it. Maybe someone else can find it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

WDT is a marketing team FOR THE company. And, I was directing this for someone else. You spend TOO much energy in finding the negatives in this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

Tirade in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Found this forum after Googling "Women's Dream Team." You all are so much more informative than their official website! Thanks for posting the details. Now I know not to get involved in this scam, especially when its supporters like WDT sound like cult recruiters.

And by the way WDT, if you think this forum is so "negative" and nasty", then why are you still posting here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

www.mommysplace.net

If you're reading this, then you probably got to this link while researching a work-at-Home job posting (Women's Dream Team). Therefore, I wanted to pass along this great link I found so you can explore LOTS more options. Go straight to the "home based business ideas" link in the left column. You'll be saying "why didn't I think of that!" Then look for all the free how-to guides and resources and support. Nothing is hidden or suspicious (unlike what we've seen in the above discussion)

This is a GREAT web site with LOTS of FREE info about work-at-home business ideas, FREE how-to guides, links to FREE on-line courses regarding all kinds of businesses. It's detailed, helpful, and inspiring. So many great ideas. Developed by a woman who got fed up with slogging through scams looking to work at home. She's able to keep this site up through financial support from sponsors (listed at the bottom of her home page)

BEWARE: watch out for the little ads that Google or whoever places all over her site. Some of those are scams, but she can't control the Pop-ups.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Krys in Prince Frederick, Maryland

90 months ago

After doing some research, it appears that this company is markets Melaleuca products. I guess they say they do not "sell" them because they recruit people who will buy them and then get a cut of it. So yes you market a products of a "wellness company" ie:Melaleuca

There have been several companies over the years doing this. This is just the most current.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scam Sniffer in Corpus Christi, Texas

89 months ago

"I can say that the company we work with does not want us to give out too much information via online. There is too much to say. We cannot answer all the questions. We have women that are specifically trained to assist in all questions during the webcast. It is a free webinar. The only thing you need is internet access, about 40 minutes of free time, and an invite!"
--Why would I want to waist 40 minutes if I don't even know what it will be about?

"The reason for the invite is so we know this is something you are truly interested in. Kinda like an interview. I have never had a job where they hire me from a piece of paper, let alone an email."
--No, but at least you know what job you are applying for or at least what industry the company is in and a general description of what they do.

"I am proud to say that I am an Executive Director with WDT" "Our company, yes I said 'our' because I chose to work with the team, has been in the Fortune 500 Inc. mag for five years straight. They have proven results for positive growth and are still growing." --When we called the bluff on the Fortune 500 quote, we received a reply of... "WDT is a marketing team FOR THE company. And, I was directing this for someone else. You spend TOO much energy in finding the negatives in this forum."
-- You say you work for WDT, then you say "our company" is in Fortune 500 mag. When WDT is not found, you say WDT markets for "The Company" yet you never clarify which company so that we can verify it. Can you be any more misleading? Exactly who is "the company"? All fortune 500 companies would love to be advertised freely, so I know they would all love for you to state which one you are talking about.

Yes there is "negative energy", but negative energy always flows when the scent of scam is in the air. No scam-free business exec would actaully reply with such misleading and information lacking replys unless they were executing a scam. I call scam, so prove me wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JanJ in Hollywood, Florida

89 months ago

You girls did a number on WDT. I asked for an email reply from Women's Dream Team. Here is what they sent..
"Our mission is to teach women the importance of Wellness balance in their lives. Our concepts and trainings teach women to excel in what we call our Four Cornerstones of Wellness: Physical Wellness, Environmental Wellness, Personal Wellness and Financial Wellness. Because of our mission and the nature of the support that we provide, we set out in 2003 to find the perfect Corporate Partner that could help us bring the best products, services and financial opportunity to you!

Womens Dream TeamTM is proud to have partnered with a 21-year-old, International Wellness Company whose annual revenues are reaching over $700 million. This company made it into INC. Magazine's "INC. 500 Hall of Fame" for outstanding management and consistent, rapid growth. They have NEVER had a down year since their start in 1985. Dun & Bradstreet rates their financial stability AAAA1, the highest rating available. Further, they hold the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Chip Award and are a member of the Better Business Bureau. - In addition, I represent a $700 million corporation with a strong reputation for credibility and it is against their company policy to use their corporate name in emails until I speak with you in person. I'm sure that you understand that it would not be very professional of me to randomly send this company's trademarked compensation plan, business data and other details across the Internet through an email.'
SO, I went to this free info. It took about 40 minutes. And really, there is nothing to it. Basically, you palce ads for the 'company' for them for free. Kinda recruit other women to help build this 'company'. So you know what. I joined. It cost me $29 and I can place ads on my free time. If it works, I will let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scam Sniffer in Corpus Christi, Texas

89 months ago

It still does not sound like you can achieve financial security by posting "free" adds for a company. I can write a program to post ads all over the place, and you do not need to hire a network of women 200+ strong to post adds. It is cheaper to hire a few professional marketing majors.

Additionally, I am a business professional and have multiple business degrees and qualifications and I have never heard a company say this "In addition, I represent a $700 million corporation with a strong reputation for credibility and it is against their company policy to use their corporate name in emails until I speak with you in person." Nor do I believe it. In my professional opinion, a company will only avoid putting their name on an operation if it is involved in acts that might be questionable to the public (legal or not) or if they are persuing a higher end market and want to separate their lower end marketing with their hire end marketing.

However, let me know if it works. Everyone always loves free money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Open-minded in Stone Mountain, Georgia

89 months ago

This forum has been extremely helpful. I WILL stay clear of this company. I think the WDT exec only made things worse for this "company". She seemed to prove all the "negative" (perhaps truthful) things that have been posted. Thanks ladies... regardless of what position you hold on this issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Leslie in Toledo, Ohio

89 months ago

The negative comments (in my opinion are not so negative) come from being so frustrated not answering the real question "How do you actually make money?" You point people just to watch this "webcast" If you were in front of a Judge when asked the simple question "how do you actually make your money" you would not point him/her to watch a "webcast"
The whole point of this forum is to get a summary of the "Facts" what we (us People that aren't affiliated with WDT) Its not a complicated question, the people answering the questions are just making it complicated and just scaring everyone away from WDT. Also twisting the blame to the people on this forum being "negative" when they are clearly not being negative, they are being SMART by researching what you say, and asking you to back up what you say. When you come back with everyone is just negative...you don't give much choice for us to believe it is all a scam.

P.s For anyone who has actually signed up with WDT and had a "NEGATIVE" experience and felt they were mislead, Please report your experience to www.ripoffreport.com . This site lets you file reports if you are a victim of being ripped off. As they say "File a Report, let the truth be known, don't let others get away with it"

I am being a POSITIVE influence here..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

You are correct, Leslie.

I asked a simple question over a month ago, there are 47 comments here and I still have not had that simple question answered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Have ya'll ever noticed that under Was this comment helpful? A majority has been No? Why is that?
If the company can't come out and admit that they mislead women then you deserve to be reported. Why can't you just tell women EXACTLY what your company does? It sure as heck doesn't say it on the website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Curious about WDT in Collinsville, Illinois

89 months ago

Tirade in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Found this forum after Googling "Women's Dream Team." You all are so much more informative than their official website! Thanks for posting the details. Now I know not to get involved in this scam, especially when its supporters like WDT sound like cult recruiters.

And by the way WDT, if you think this forum is so "negative" and nasty", then why are you still posting here?

I also found this forum after Googling "Women's Dream Team" and, having read all of the above, will not be pursuing this route as a viable means of earning/working from home.

My better instincts tell me not to pursue a course that is so shrouded in mystery, with not one persone from WDT willing to give a clear, cohesive, and honest answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lis in Baltimore, Maryland

89 months ago

I'm the one that a WDT "executive/director" whatever title she wanted to give herself, responded to as being negative & nasty. Pretty much as everyone else out there I just wanted to hear accurate info about this "business opportunity" - couldn't get any clear answer to all my questions. That's the response I received. I was negative and nasty. It's truly a shame, there are so many people who want to make "honest" extra income and you run into so many places that thrive off of taking others $ and time from them and they feel good about it. "Shrouded in mystery" that's a great way you put it. That should be the big red flag STAY AWAY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Informed

89 months ago

I will tell you all exactly what its about. It is a sanitized pyramid. Plain and Simple. After attending the web cast if your interested you pay a one time 29.95 enrollment fee. As a new "business builder/customer" you commit to purchasing 45 points (this equals approx 40-60 dollars) of products every month. The person who signed you up then earns residule income off of your purchases. The break down is like 0-7 people signed up, you earn 15% and it goes up until 20%. You can also earn bonuses, trips, ect. You then in turn take out various ads, they can be free, or cost its your choice. You try to get people to sign up under you and you earn money off of their purchases. They give you all the "tools" you need once you sign up. I may have missed something, but thats the jist of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (118) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Informed said: I will tell you all exactly what its about. It is a sanitized pyramid. Plain and Simple. After attending the web cast if your interested you pay a one time 29.95 enrollment fee. As a new "business builder/customer" you commit to purchasing 45 points (this equals approx 40-60 dollars) of products every month. The person who signed you up then earns residule income off of your purchases. The break down is like 0-7 people signed up, you earn 15% and it goes up until 20%. You can also earn bonuses, trips, ect. You then in turn take out various ads, they can be free, or cost its your choice. You try to get people to sign up under you and you earn money off of their purchases. They give you all the "tools" you need once you sign up. I may have missed something, but thats the jist of it.

FINALLY I got an answer. Sounds like a bunch of riff-raff.
Anyway, I'm not a sales person so it's not for me. Thank you, informed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

lis in Baltimore, Maryland said: I'm the one that a WDT "executive/director" whatever title she wanted to give herself, responded to as being negative & nasty. Pretty much as everyone else out there I just wanted to hear accurate info about this "business opportunity" - couldn't get any clear answer to all my questions. That's the response I received.

Hey!! Don't forget that the WDT person called ME negative and nasty, too! So don't go hogging all the insults for yourself. (lol . . . just kidding)

The power that we women have to just get together and chat . . . either in person or a forum like this is very enpowering. I think we've teamed up and helped uncover a big mystery. Kinda a Nancy Drew club.

By the way . . . just my opinion . . . I think that Melaleuca products are good . . . I just don't like the way that they market them. These pyramid type set-ups and "hoops" a rep has to jump through to get paid anything significant is disgraceful. My neighbor has gotten herself into lots of these and always ends up making VERY little money for lots of work. The lastest one is Arbonne. Now, I LOVE the stuff . . . but she's gone for the last several months without making ANY money . . even though she sells several hundred dollars worth of product per month. It's because she didn't meet the quota . . and hasn't recruited enough sales reps to be sponsors. She told me this when I ordered something from her last month. I said I like the product and am glad to help a friend make some money. She then explained about how she hasn't been making money and why. She's always just about $100 short of quota & no recruits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Southern Living At Home Consultant in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

There are companies that do not require you to reach a quota.

Southern Living At Home does not require you to meet a quota. You get to keep 25% of all your sales. You collect the money when people make orders, and you submit the orders online and pay 75% with your credit card. Instant 25% profit. And SLAH does not make you pay for buyer and hostess incentives. SLAH has all that for you so that you do not have to pay for it. It is one of the companies that I have found to be very affordable. Also, you do not have to make sales every month. Your sales contract w/ them lasts for a year. If you make $1,000 in sales that year (about 2 parties worth of sales), you can renew for only $50 for the next year. I do not know how much it costs to renew if you do not meet the 1K sales, probably 100 or 150. You can also get lots of their products for at least 40% off as a consultant. I love this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Kel

89 months ago

The information on Southern Living is good, however it is not truley working from home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Southern Living At Home Consultant in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

If you consider SLAH as not a truely working at home, neither is any product selling job: Mary Kay, Abronne, Scentsy, and many of the "work at home" jobs that many women have (including the WDT, another sell products job). True, you do not work at home completely, but parties only last for about 3 hours and you can do as few or as many parties a week as you want. After the party is over, you can handle the rest of the order processing from home and communicate via phone to whowever has additional questions etc. And if your hostess has a catalog party, you do work completely from home for that party. Your revenue averages about $150 per party, so you do not have to do too many parties per month to make an acceptable income.

All of these product sales jobs are not completely work at home, but many women nation wide find them to be profitable and an enjoyable line of work.

Also, with product sales jobs, you are truely your own boss. I hold two work at home jobs, SLAH is my small secondary job. I have another professional job that is completely work at home however I have deadlines, and it can be very stressfull to talk to the boss on the phone or finish your deadline when your todler wants attention or is throwing a fit like todlers do every day. I work with a professional firm, so I have to complete jobs for clients in a timely manner, and if my toddler prevents me from working all day (and he does at least twice a week), I have to start working as soon as my husband comes home from work, only take a dinner and clean up break, and then stay up until 2AM to be able to complete my work for the day. Which means that we do not have family time during the weekdays. I started SLAH because with just a few parties a month, I can make enough money for a part-time nanny 4 hours a day so I can complete my work while my husband is at work. Then we have family time when he gets home. And I work less at night and weekends doing SLAH than w/ my main job and no nann

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Pat in Atlanta, that was really funny. I got a good chuckle out of "hogging all the insults".

I'm a divoreced mom with 4 children and of course I always have my eyes and ears open trying to earn extra income. It really does bother me to come across these false opportunities. One lady said on this forum they just take your money and give you false hopes. I agree for people who are really trying to do honest work & make honest income without hurting others. I fell into this kind of trap once and I am very careful now. I research, throughly, any opportunity that may appear. Gotta say - haven't found any opportunity (work @ home, after I work a full-time day job) that dosen't want YOUR money first.

Thanks for the comment of being able to get together & chat. It's very enlightening and helpful to hear what everyone else has to say. Finally, lots of info has been provided on WDT.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Pat in Atlanta, that was really funny. I got a good chuckle out of "hogging all the insults".

I'm a divoreced mom with 4 children and of course I always have my eyes and ears open trying to earn extra income. It really does bother me to come across these false opportunities. One lady said on this forum they just take your money and give you false hopes. I agree for people who are really trying to do honest work & make honest income without hurting others. I fell into this kind of trap once and I am very careful now. I research, throughly, any opportunity that may appear. Gotta say - haven't found any opportunity (work @ home, after I work a full-time day job) that dosen't want YOUR money first.

Thanks for the comment of being able to get together & chat. It's very enlightening and helpful to hear what everyone else has to say. Finally, lots of info has been provided on WDT.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

To SLAH consultant in Texas:

I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. Since I've spent time pointing out the negatives of (okay, bashing) WDT and other home-based business schemes . . . . I wanted to be fair and say that I HAVE heard alot of good things about Southern Living at Home. They seem to run a very legit and upfront operation. They seem to be the exception in this type of market.

To Everyone Else:

If you haven't looked at it (I mentioned it a couple weeks ago) click on this link. Especially look at their huge list of work that you can do at home WITHOUT hooking up with some other company.

www.mommysplace.net

It's really enlightening and you'll find yourself saying, "why didn't I think of that. Everything there is totally free. (ignore pop-up ads . . those are usually scams inserted by your web browser... Stick to the info on the site)

Oh, well. Back to the laundry. It's always fun seeing what you ladies have to say!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »