What is the Women's Dream Team?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (351 to 369 of 369)
Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8   

viplumes in Morgantown, West Virginia

79 months ago

lis in Baltimore, Maryland said: I'm the one that a WDT "executive/director" whatever title she wanted to give herself, responded to as being negative & nasty. Pretty much as everyone else out there I just wanted to hear accurate info about this "business opportunity" - couldn't get any clear answer to all my questions. That's the response I received. I was negative and nasty. It's truly a shame, there are so many people who want to make "honest" extra income and you run into so many places that thrive off of taking others $ and time from them and they feel good about it. "Shrouded in mystery" that's a great way you put it. That should be the big red flag STAY AWAY!!

Hey...thanks! I agree with you... these scheme deals so that one can work at home seem so far to be the carrot at the end of the stick...I feel like a jack-ass. Best of luck and thanks again for your comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

luv2bead in San Clemente, California

79 months ago

I am so glad that I was smart enough to research WDT. There has been a lot of pros and cons represented in this forum regarding WDT. I have read enough to know that WDT is just another Mary Kay, Amway..etc. A friend of mine sells Mary Kay, she has had 4 women sign up under her and everytime they sell a product she gets 4% of the profit. When you buy insurance, whether it be home or auto or life insurance your agent gets a percentage. When you renew the coverage same thing, that is how they make their money! If you want to talk about rip offs, insurance is one of the biggest rip offs!! We all know that without it, if anything happens you are screwed, right? If you think about how many years you've paid into auto insurance and have never had a claim! All that money is profit for the insurance company, it's not stored there for you to use or even to withdraw from, it's money in the insurance company's pocket. I have been insured with the same company since 1986 and have never had a claim! Paying every 6 months a premium of approx. $350. Do the math, that's alot of money. Yet the insurance company, if one day late will cancel your policy!! You know I could go on and on but I suppose I've made my point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

79 months ago

viplumes in Morgantown, West Virginia said: Hey...thanks! I agree with you... these scheme deals so that one can work at home seem so far to be the carrot at the end of the stick...I feel like a jack-ass. Best of luck and thanks again for your comment.

Yes, the Women's Dream Team and other MLM's are just "carrots on a stick." They make promises of financial freedom or talk about helping the environment etc when all they want is your money. Your are just another customer to them (who recruits other customers).

Be careful . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Cherry86 in Voorheesville, New York

78 months ago

It really upsets me that so many people have gotten the wrong idea about Women's Dream Team!! Yes we all sign on with Melaleuca as customers and recruit other customers, that IS our job, however, we are not out to scam people! There are so many scams out there, that everyone automatically assumes that all opportunities are scams. How many of you have done research on people that have had amazing success working with Melaleuca? There are so many families that have benefited greatly from Melaleuca, that all we want to do it share that with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Cherry86 in Voorheesville, New York

78 months ago

In fact, if you want to get the information right from the source...stop researching and taking advice from people that assume they have the answers....CALL MELALEUCA!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Cherry86 in Voorheesville, New York said: There are so many families that have benefited greatly from Melaleuca, that all we want to do it share that with you.

Here's a story about a family that didn't benefit so well from Melaleuca:

"James Holton, along with his wife Kim, had been neglecting other businesses in order to focus on the Melaleuca distributorship. They had sponsored a great many family and friends, relying on the company's information. Then the shoe dropped. According to Holton, his upline, the Hagans, admitted at a large sponsoring meeting that

"At this meeting, the Hagens confessed, for the first time, that the 94.5 percent retention rate was not at all what had been represented. It was not 94.5 percent over time, it was not 94.5 percent per year, the Hagens said. Instead, it was more along the lines of 94.5 percent per month."

So (according to the complaint), instead of an average attrition rate of only 5.5% per year, as they had been led to believe, the Holtons discovered that the annual dropout rate was really 66% per year -- an enormous difference. Kim Holton, who had sponsored people she cared about, was thrown into a serious depression and eventually committed suicide, leaving her husband and son."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

My Heart's Desire in Boca Raton, Florida

78 months ago

Today, I was just about one click away from signing-up for the info on the Women's Dream Team. Their website is soul-searching; and touches on way too many exact words, phrases and ideals that I hold close to my heart. Besides, I am a sucker for the 'angelic music' that accompanies their Introduction/Welcome Page.

But I decided to dig deeper before giving my info, and this blog is very helpful. WDT has only been around since 2005 - not the 25yrs that another commentor claimed. GOOGLE a question about WDT and multiple links come-up in reply. However, EACH ONE OF THOSE SITES OPENS UP TO THE SAME EXACT PAGE (...the promised 'personal website,' I suppose...) Only the contact name & info on the bottom of the page changes.

I've read each category on the WDT site and I remain unclear as to what the company is all about. There's a lot of 'financially free' and 'family time' rhetoric and wistful imagining going on; but not much at all about the actual company, products (if any) and, most importantly, what my individual role would be, were I to join the team.

As I've been out of work for one-and-a-half years(!), have submitted a plethora of Resumes and have had a variety of disappointing interviews, I think that this kind of Home-Based Business should come with a warning; or not be allowed to be posted at all. This one came to me via INDEED Job Listing and I almost fell for it. I don't want to buy or sell Mellaluca, Amway OR ANYTHING of the like - even if it is GREEN.

Somehow, I projected My Heart's Desire of my own gift business, into the wording on the WDT site...and I thought they were going to help me with the challenges of starting MY new business; and befriend me with their expertise. Looks like I misread. BUYER BEWARE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

paula in Westerly, Rhode Island

77 months ago

because I did not sit in on there webinar they got really mad! I had to block these people. BEWARE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

paula in Westerly, Rhode Island

77 months ago

what a joke the DREAM TEAM! WHAT are they dreaming about??? This is scary if they can not tell you what they do. They are luring you in to probably sell some junk crap stuff............. stay clear my friends I DID..............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

paula in Westerly, Rhode Island said: what a joke the DREAM TEAM! WHAT are they dreaming about??? This is scary if they can not tell you what they do. They are luring you in to probably sell some junk crap stuff............. stay clear my friends I DID..............

Great advice!! This company is one BIG SCAM!!

Do just a bit of research and you'll soon find out that it's just another MLM ripoff . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

MissMiranda in Olympia, Washington said: I recently sat through the 45 minute webcast. I was "sold" and imagining my new successful lifestyle for about the first half hour. But when it started turning into more of a sales pitch than a career opportunity, I lost hope. The Womens Dream Team program requires a membership fee... Ok, understandable. But you have to buy, and buy, and buy... just to earn back "points"... A WDT rep called me immediately after the webcast ended, and I explained to her that I am an umemployed housewife, I do not have money to blow on their products and expect to make my money back, let alone make a profit from it! I told her that I generally spend less than $30 a month on such products, and while I do not mind switching to Melaleuca instead of WalMart, I simply don't have what it takes to invest in this "opportunity." She replied by saying ..."Thirty dollars a month? Wow, I could take thirty dollars and spend it on impulse-shopping alone!" What an effing biotch, right?

Exactly, the WDT and Melaleuca are not business opportunities! This is just one big sales pitch to get you to buy their products. You are only a customer who recruits other customers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Here's a link with some recent reviews of Melaleuca and the Women's Dream Team:

www.ripoffreport.com/Search/melaleuca.aspx

You've been warned!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Anonymous Momma in Fort Bragg, North Carolina said: I just wanted to say that I don't understand why so many people have to be negative about things that they have not even taken a chance to look at for themselves. You listen all this BS but you honestly dont know for YOURSELF. Why do peoples lives get messed up most of the time, by listening to others instead of going to the direct source with the answers. All you negative people that have not checked into it should really not saying anything at all unless you have visiually and verbally heard for yourself from the people who do it. More than half of everything on the internet is BS so looking it up by others words is not a proper form of research

Maybe you didn't notice that the vast majority of complaints against this company are from people who did "take a look" at this company. There are also numerous complaints out there from people who joined, tried and were ripped off by this MLM . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

OpportunityAdvocate in Orlando, Florida said: I know you never did this and don't know what you're talking about. By the way, this IS NOT a MLM. Try giving accurate information after you've done some actual research.

The Women's Dream Team works directly with Melaleuca which is one of the most notorious MLM's out there.

In the Women's Dream Team you:
1) Pay upfront to join
2) Are required to make monthly purchases (points)
3) Are strongly encouraged to recruit a large downline
4) Earn a percentage of what your downline purchases
5) Earn a percentage of what your downlines Recruits purchase etc etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

OpportunityAdvocate in Orlando, Florida said: "which is one of the most notorious MLM's out there", according to who?

1) Pay upfront to join
How many businesses out there don't have a start up cost? Just like a warehouse club, plus you get a start up kit for your low investment. It's also a one time cost, not something you have to renew annually.
2) Are required to make monthly purchases (points)
Everyday items you already use. You are already the customer of someone. Do you want an opportunity for yourself, or do you want to continue shopping at Walmart and keep China's economy going?
3) Are strongly encouraged to recruit a large downline
You can if you want to make money and do it as a business, but are not required to do so. Some people are only customers, and have no purchase requirements. They like the fact that they can buy green products that are concentrated and have them delivered to their home, without having to go to the store for everything.
4) Earn a percentage of what your downline purchases
Doesn't every profitable company do this? Manufacturers sell to wholesalers, and wholesalers sell to retailers. Why shouldn't you get a piece of the profits?
5) Earn a percentage of what your downlines Recruits purchase etc
Same response as 4)

So you're saying that every business is an MLM (in some way)? What ARE you saying?

What is your definition of an MLM? The way you come across, it's as if it is a bad thing for a company to be labeled an MLM . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

OpportunityAdvocate in Orlando, Florida

76 months ago

Bosco in Orlando, Florida said: Check out this link:
biz.yahoo.com/special/400_04_article5.html

Gee, it sure sounds like an MLM . . .

YOUR OPINION, according to one of many definitions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Dreamweaver in Ann Arbor, Michigan

76 months ago

It has been interesting going through this entire forum, which took me about two days, and monitoring the different voices and varieties of mood. I would have to say that I was particularly moved by Smiley's story about his friend's wife and her efforts to make her business work. When he mentioned that Malaleuca put them into debt, Anti-Bosco remarked that Smiley's friend and his wife weren't "too with it." I thought that was unkind. Why make a comment like that when they are struggling and trying their best to keep the business afloat? I think some compassion should be in order here. I'm sure Smiley knows the situation much better than any of us, since he sat in on the meetings with the financial supervisor. I will take his word for it.

Like My Heart's Desire, I was nearly taken in by the promise of financial freedom, realizing my dreams, and becoming the woman I've always wanted to be. I must say the web site is very well written, as it appeals to a very specific audience---women who want to do something special for themselves while helping others. It is a very slick package, and obviously very effective. I can't really criticize people and call them losers for at least wanting to check it out and learn more about how it works. Such a company would never work for me because I don't have the social network in place to make it successful. Perhaps the mentors help out with referrals for those who can't come up with enough people to sign up, but I would feel uncomfortable knowing that everyone I recruited would be obligated to buy a certain amount of products every month in order for me to make a profit or earn a bonus. I'm not saying it's wrong for everyone, despite some of the strong opinions against MLM's. If the people who are successful at it have a strong customer base and everyone is happy with the products and can afford them, I don't see a problem with it. I would like to believe that more than 1% of distributors make money, though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8