Woodforest Bank Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Woodforest Bank?

What do you like best about working at Woodforest Bank? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Ttown in Akron, Ohio

78 months ago

I'm curious as well! This is a "new game in town" and I would love to be a part of it. I especially like what seems to be a "charitable" philosophy. I think I could definitely make a career of this but I am curious about the above mentioned items.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

R H in anywhere

78 months ago

Ttown in Akron, Ohio said: I'm curious as well! This is a "new game in town" and I would love to be a part of it. I especially like what seems to be a "charitable" philosophy. I think I could definitely make a career of this but I am curious about the above mentioned items.

They talk a good game but talk is cheap my personal experience was negative I got out of there while the getting was good. Maybe they have a good core in TX but in my state they are a JOKE. They say one thing and deliver another. I am glad I left 10 times happier at my new job and making more money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

TTN in Lebanon, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Woodforest Bank?

What do you like best about working at Woodforest Bank? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Have you found any answers to your questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

wish someone would have warned me! in Toledo, Ohio

9 months ago

Depends on your position. Retail Bankers (like myself) are your work horses, they do all the work for the least amount of pay. Anywhere form $9-$11/hr starting pay. You are expected to perform all tasks within the bank, including dealing with problem customers. Marketing is the worst, standing and handing out flyers like those annoying people at the mall kiosks. We've been told we have to "ask" for a raise and prove that you deserve it. You work long hours and weekends, and management will lie right to your face to get you to do what they want. They also deny vacations if they don't fit "business needs". HR is no help.
Assistants range from $11-14/hr starting and you pick up the slack that the branch manager leaves behind. You get paid a little more than retail bankers, but now have to deal with all the drama of employee relations and escalated customer situations, and employee babysitter. You are also expected to work whenever the branch needs you..doesn't matter if it's your day off. Your behind now belongs to Woodforest.
Branch Managers make the most and somehow always seem to work the least amount of hours. Salaries depend on experience and location anywhere form 35k-45k a year to start. I've heard of some who make 80k in big cities. They are expected to attend meetings in bigger cities and must travel a few hours away on short notice. They have to deal with employee issues, and escalated customer issues. They are expected to be "working managers" which means they help out running the teller line and opening accounts, but usually they are "busy" surfing the internet or taking care of their own issues on company time. You are expected to be available 24/7.
There are incentive programs for all of these positions, but after taxes, it doesn't really seem worth it. From a customer standpoint, this is a great bank that offers great products and services. Just don't work there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Woodforest National Bank in Spring, Texas

7 months ago

Woodforest is disappointed to hear the complaints as listed in your post. While it is our ultimate intent to make sure our customers are provided the best in service, we also strive to do the same internally with our employees. As such, we would love the chance to discuss with you any and all concerns, whether or not included in the post. We sincerely want to address all concerns that you may have. Please feel free to contact the Woodforest Human Resources Department via email at HR@Woodforest.com. We look forward to hearing from you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.