What's the company culture at Woodforest Bank?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Woodforest Bank?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Woodforest Bank?

Reply - Report abuse

R H in anywhere

79 months ago

I worked there for 8 months was required to spend 170.00 for my shirts different color every day. Our office had a few get togethers but even they were disorganized. Typical day in my branch was get there by 8:30 am wait for the opening manager to get there and wait, open the branch, and market the Walmart customers and try to sell them on the benefits of the bank. Sometimes we did PA announcements every 20 minutes sometimes we didn't do them at all. Sometimes we marketed at the front door sometimes we just sat and stared at the computers and played at pricing our dream vehicles. Sometimes we looked at the schedule to see what needed fixed or sometimes we let it go to see how much comfusion it caused. It has it's positives but if you are serious about your job and you want a PROFESSIONAL working environment my personal experience was this isn't it. OVER 40 do not apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mw

77 months ago

R H in anywhere said: I worked there for 8 months was required to spend 170.00 for my shirts different color every day. Our office had a few get togethers but even they were disorganized. Typical day in my branch was get there by 8:30 am wait for the opening manager to get there and wait, open the branch, and market the Walmart customers and try to sell them on the benefits of the bank. Sometimes we did PA announcements every 20 minutes sometimes we didn't do them at all. Sometimes we marketed at the front door sometimes we just sat and stared at the computers and played at pricing our dream vehicles. Sometimes we looked at the schedule to see what needed fixed or sometimes we let it go to see how much comfusion it caused. It has it's positives but if you are serious about your job and you want a PROFESSIONAL working environment my personal experience was this isn't it. OVER 40 do not apply.

Why do they not hire over 40

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BB2You in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

mw said: Why do they not hire over 40

they will hire you but you have to put up with text messages during working hours by your co workers, cell phone conversations during working hours while waiting on customers, fighting in front of customers who turn it was to wait on them and who waited on the last customer, kicking each other behind the teller line, all the web surfing and countless other worthless activities and being an over 40 person I found it to be a very unprofessional working environment. I would be waiting on the customers and marketing while others just did nothing and still got paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kellbell in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

hi, i have a question....i have an interview 2 morrow but i need to freshin up some of my math skills like interest and everything.... do they train you with stuff like that... and also are we able to use calulator for everything ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

roger eugene in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

I am an I.T. guy ; looking for a an I.T job in the the Woodlands Texas;
and would like to to contact the WoodForest bank;
does any one know who the I.T. director ?
i would rather contact him/or her dorectly rathan H.R.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.