How to get a job at Wyndham Vacation Ownership.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

Host

Do you work at Wyndham Vacation Ownership? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Sol

90 months ago

I need the answers to the questions above.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rapid

89 months ago

Sol said: I need the answers to the questions above.

My experience with these people did not conclude favorably. Although I lived close by, they wanted an hour telephone interview. The end result was, although I was well qualified for the position, I did not have "the right chemistry" for their team. Apparently they could ascertain this on the telephone. I do not have an answer to your question, but I would say they are not worth the effort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John in Orlando, Florida

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Wyndham Vacation Ownership? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Every company has it's gatekeeper for hiring. Wyndham is the industry leader. If you want a job at the resort in Sevierville, go to the resort and ask someone. If you want a job in sales, go to their sales center on Collier Drive. If you want a job in marketing go to one of their welcome centers and ask. There is always their website. They are opening up another 5 star resort, next door to the new convention center. So, there will be many opportunities. Benefits within 30 days, etc...Every company has challenges but I'd rather work for an industry leader with a nice work environment. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia Capriles in Boca Raton, Florida

88 months ago

MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PEOPLE WAS THE SAME AS SOL. I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE INTERVIEW THAT ALSO I DIDNT LIKE BECAUSE WAS BY PHONE, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I REALLY LIKE THE POSITION SO I DIDNT CARE ABOUT THE INTERVIEW BY PHONE. I REALLY WAS DISAPOINTED ABOUT THAT I HAD TO WAIT FOR A PHONE CALL THAT I NEVER RECEIVED. RIGHT NOW I AM VERY SAD AND LOOKING FOR A JOB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MM in Miami, Florida

84 months ago

Believe me when I tell you that Wyndham is not a good company to work for. They don’t invest in their people whatsoever. I know someone who worked there for four years, was featured in their stupid news article for being the top salesperson for two years in a row but every time a supervisor position came up, they passed that person down. Instead they would hire some nobody off the streets that would come in for two months and walk out of the job because they can’t handle the stress. The person I knew eventually left the company and went on to be a successful sales manager for Ramada. Wyndham seriously needs to get with the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mike69 in San Jose, California

83 months ago

Ok - I just got a job for Wyndham Vacation Ownership in the upgrade sales department. They claim 40 - 60 leads per day with high sales $$ and great income potential. I spoke with most of the employees and it seems like a great company with 120K salary poss. I will be leaving Snap On for this job. Please don't work for Snap On - Worst company ever. I will give an update in 1 month as to where I am at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JobSeeker08 in Florida

82 months ago

I don't work at Wyndham Vacation Ownership yet, but I'm in the process of earning a position there now (I'm seeking a position in the finance department). So far, I've submitted my resume and got a phone pre-screen. I passed the pre-screen successfully and have been invited in for an interview next week. The phone interview was a few days ago but off the top of my head these are the questions I was asked:

Are you going to relocate?

Who will you bring with you?

What is your strength?

What is your weakness?

What do you look for in a leader?

What do you look for in a company?

What don't you like about your current company?

What made you leave your previous position?

Why did you choose your current company?

What is your current salary?

Would you be willing to make a lateral move?

Are you applying to other companies?

That's all I can remember for now. I'm sure this interview was with the HR department and the guy I talked to was very polite and easy to talk to. Does anyone out there know what questions I should expect at the face-to-face interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Slunami in Bothell, Washington

82 months ago

Hey Mike, just curious how things are going for you now in the sales upgrade dept? I'm in the early stages of the hiring process for the same thing and just wanted to hear your feedback. Thanks!

Mike69 in San Jose, California said: Ok - I just got a job for Wyndham Vacation Ownership in the upgrade sales department. They claim 40 - 60 leads per day with high sales $$ and great income potential. I spoke with most of the employees and it seems like a great company with 120K salary poss. I will be leaving Snap On for this job. Please don't work for Snap On - Worst company ever. I will give an update in 1 month as to where I am at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brickouse2 in Orlando, Florida

81 months ago

MM in Miami, Florida said: Believe me when I tell you that Wyndham is not a good company to work for. They don’t invest in their people whatsoever. I know someone who worked there for four years, was featured in their stupid news article for being the top salesperson for two years in a row but every time a supervisor position came up, they passed that person down. Instead they would hire some nobody off the streets that would come in for two months and walk out of the job because they can’t handle the stress. The person I knew eventually left the company and went on to be a successful sales manager for Ramada. Wyndham seriously needs to get with the program.

Hey MM, I don't know if you know or not but Ramada is a Wyndham owned Company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Btk in Sydney, Australia

79 months ago

Hi,
I have worked for Wyndham for three years. It is a great company to work for if you have perserverance and dedication. I have worked for 3 other holiday clubs as well. Wyndham by far has the best pay structure here in Australia. I have been selling on the front line the whole time. The Wyndham Holiday ownership branch has a real company culture that applies to both USA and OZ. To get given a chance you need to show that you can sell yourself to be given the job. Because that's what the clients buy (YOU).
Hope that helps anyone looking to work for Wyndham. My average income is approximately 2K per week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

duby181 in Kissimmee, Florida

78 months ago

How did this job interview go? Ive interviewed twice and am waiting for a phone call. When I call the recruiter I cant get a hold of anyone and they wont return my phone call. Im debating whether they are doing a background check or have gone with someone else. Any advice?

JobSeeker08 in Florida

78 months ago

Funny you ask. I interviewed in February and I thought it went really well. The interviewer told me they would contact me the next week with an answer and I still haven't heard anything. I've followed-up twice and both times the interviewer told me they were still in the interview process. Let me point out that I'm a very good at job interviews so I really don't think they just didn't want to offer me a job and were blowing me off.

At this point I wouldn't take the job (I've found a job somewhere else anyway- with a company that followed-up with me 3 days after the interview). If I were Wyndham I'd be embarrassed to offer me a job 6 months after interviewing.

I wouldn't count on hearing from anyone soon. Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully, you will have better luck than I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

What position did you interview for? I interviewed in May, 3 weeks later they called me saying the were undergoing a company-wide budget analysis, which I didnt have a problem with. They said they had it down to me and one other candidate and wanted to do a second interview. That was a week ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JobSeeker08 in Florida

78 months ago

I interviewed for a Financial Analyst position. It sounds like you're having better luck if they're following up with you. If it's only been a week I wouldn't get too discouraged. It usually takes longer than the interviewer thinks. As long as they keep getting in contact with you keep your hopes up. What position were you interviewing for?

78 months ago

I was going for a staff accountant position. I've left 3 messages, no one answers the phone so I'm thinking the HR rep may be on vacation. I want to think they are doing a background check but really just want an answer either way. Do you know any good employers that are looking for financial analysts? I have a BS in Finance, am pursuing an MBA, but all my experience in banking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JobSeeker08 in Florida

78 months ago

I know what you mean. I would have appreciated a formal rejection rather than 4 months of sitting around wondering what the heck they're doing. Starwood Vacation Ownership is hiring for a lot of Financial Analyst and Accountant positions. It's where I just got hired but my first day isn't until mid-July. Try sending your resume to them. The interview process with them was very organized and they got back to me quickly. I really appreciated the flow of communication.

78 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. Ive interviewed at Starwood before but all I have is Banking experience. They liked me but that was the killer, even with a brother working for them. I have heard good things about them though.

Angie in Freeland, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

Brickouse2 in Orlando, Florida said: Hey MM, I don't know if you know or not but Ramada is a Wyndham owned Company

Obviously your friend who got a job at Ramada is still working for Wyndham, they own Ramada amongst many other hotels. They are the largest around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

obiwantedj

22 months ago

Rapid said: My experience with these people did not conclude favorably. Although I lived close by, they wanted an hour telephone interview. The end result was, although I was well qualified for the position, I did not have "the right chemistry " for their team. Apparently they could ascertain this on the telephone. I do not have an answer to your question, but I would say they are not worth the effort.

Take their rejection as a compliment. They are looking for people who blatantly lie and misrepresent contracts. Obviously your telephone manner did not indicate that you are a con artist who can happily take advantage of people who are willing to trust you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

richiestreasure in Brisbane, Australia

19 months ago

obiwantedj said: Take their rejection as a compliment. They are looking for people who blatantly lie and misrepresent contracts . Obviously your telephone manner did not indicate that you are a con artist who can happily take advantage of people who are willing to trust you.

I am reposting my comment because it was taken down earlier for reasons I'm unsure of. The recruitment process at Wyndham doesn't stop at the job interview and reference checks; it continues into the probation. I was unaware of this when I received a job offer and found out the hard way how Wyndham actually treats its employees. Unless you're content with the psychological burden of being replaced while you're still in the job, or like being forced to work extra hours to show "passion", maybe Wyndham isn't such a great place to work afterall. This video says it all: [Video url removed by Indeed Moderator]

Tjensen in Jacksonville, Florida

17 months ago

Does anyone know if Wyndham does a background check? I have a felony from a long time ago and I don't want it to preclude me from getting the job....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tjensen in Jacksonville, Florida

17 months ago

JobSeeker08 in Florida said: I don't work at Wyndham Vacation Ownership yet, but I'm in the process of earning a position there now (I'm seeking a position in the finance department). So far, I've submitted my resume and got a phone pre-screen. I passed the pre-screen successfully and have been invited in for an interview next week. The phone interview was a few days ago but off the top of my head these are the questions I was asked:

Are you going to relocate?

Who will you bring with you?

What is your strength?

What is your weakness?

What do you look for in a leader?

What do you look for in a company?

What don't you like about your current company?

What made you leave your previous position?

Why did you choose your current company?

What is your current salary?

Would you be willing to make a lateral move?

Are you applying to other companies?

That's all I can remember for now. I'm sure this interview was with the HR department and the guy I talked to was very polite and easy to talk to. Does anyone out there know what questions I should expect at the face-to-face interview?

Does anyone know if Wyndham does a background check? I have a felony from a long time ago and I don't want it to preclude me from getting the job.... I'm going for sales

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

richiestreasure in Brisbane, Australia

17 months ago

Tjensen in Jacksonville, Florida said: Does anyone know if Wyndham does a background check? I have a felony from a long time ago and I don't want it to preclude me from getting the job....

I received a job offer without a police check or anything other than a phone reference check with my former managers, so I believe the answer is no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ANDREA in Addison, Texas

12 months ago

Tjensen in Jacksonville, Florida said: Does anyone know if Wyndham does a background check? I have a felony from a long time ago and I don't want it to preclude me from getting the job....

THEY DO BUT IT'S A CASE BY CASE BASIS

navarre2011 in Navarre, Florida

10 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Wyndham Vacation Ownership? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Wyndham has job fairs on a regular basis. Indeed.com is also a great way to find out what Wyndham has open in your area. They are an excellent company, good luck!

jobseeker36

8 months ago

Does anyone know how far Wyndham does their background checks? Is it 7 years?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.