How to get a job at YMCA.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at YMCA? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Callista Regis in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

I am looking for a job with YMCA. I hold an MA and a BSC with considerable experience in lecturing early college Sociology. I have also volunteered as a team leader of many community based projects.

How do I get the job alerts?
What are the expectations for interviews?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

21 days ago

Callista Regis in Pottstown, Pennsylvania said: I am looking for a job with YMCA. I hold an MA and a BSC with considerable experience in lecturing early college Sociology. I have also volunteered as a team leader of many community based projects.

How do I get the job alerts ?
What are the expectations for interviews?

How do you get a rewarding career with the YMCA? I have applied to several positions and heard nothing back. That is not true after applying 50 times one YMCA wanted to interview but only during the hours I currently work. People say to keep applying However I feel I applied so much I scared them. I been told to volunteer at the YMCA but there is none around me and my current job hours are not good for volunteering I apply all over the country to large and small town/size YMCAs. Can anyone please help? Thank you. I am willing to move for the right career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

20 days ago

How do you get a rewarding career with the YMCA? I have applied to several positions and heard nothing back. That is not true after applying 50 times one YMCA wanted to interview but only during the hours I currently work. People say to keep applying However I feel I applied so much I scared them. I been told to volunteer at the YMCA but there is none around me and my current job hours are not good for volunteering I apply all over the country to large and small town/size YMCAs. Can anyone please help? Thank you.

Maybe they had already hired someone for the job or they showed favoritism, but one thing is a fact the YMCA didn't show you any courtesy or respect nor consideration when they failed to advise you why you were not offered a position. They didn't have to follow that which I have mention, but the YMCA demonstrated no professionalism and for that it was un-Christian to the max.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.