Yellowpages.com Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Yellowpages.com?

What do you like best about working at Yellowpages.com? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Charlotte, North Carolina

86 months ago

You are lucky if you make 40,000

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Brian Dawson in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

Impossible to make 40K, the Salary is 56K if you're in sales.

You must just be really terrible at whatever you do if you only make 40K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sagitta Tellsthetruth in Las Vegas, Nevada

83 months ago

The person that is posting about the 40K is right! That's the average salary for a telephone rep. I calculated the whole company's salaries! There are also premise rep positions. They make more. (If you want to work 12 hours a day.) It's not worth it.

If anyone is seeking a job in internet marketing or internet sales, you may have come across jobs at Yellowpages.com. Yellowpages.com is a reputable company with some decent people to work with . Howver, don't be fooled if you are hearing promises of an average salary of $75K a year. The top couple reps in the company can make that much. The truth is, most reps are really doing the job of a telemarketer. If you do not "pound the phones" and sell hard, you will not make it. Most people there are struggling just to make $40K a year.

If the managers tell you that you are not bound by rules and you can "sell to anyone" you are again being fooled. There are territories, you cannot sell to ad agencies, and if you are in Henderson, NV you cannot sell to Nevada or California (among many other states).

In this position, you have to be a stellar sales person and enjoy being on the phone all day long. You should be making at least 500 calls a day to make a decent living. The reps that make good money work their tales off and have been there for over a year.

If you are considering a job at Yellowpages.com DO NOT give up anything great that you already have. They hire every couple of months due to a high turnover and LAYOFFS. They also do not provide you with supplies. I'm serious!

They DO NOT have a coaching plan like they promise. I am an example. They decided to due a massive layoff in December 2007 and gave me one day to sell over a month's worth of ads or I would be fired. Even the top rep told me it was next to impossible. They conveniently fired me before my three motnh anniversary. Just two months on the floor after training. So much for a company that is different, and "cares" about their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jamin Loveless in Henderson, Nevada

80 months ago

Nice double post.

Starting salary for a telephone rep in Henderson is 26k plus commission. Base salary goes up a little your 2nd year, and so on, up to $30k. Premise reps start around 56k plus commission. If you only make 14k over your salary in comission, no wonder you got fired. If you make 70% of minimum quota every month (which, if you did, you'd get fired - but assuming you somehow didn't) and made middle of the road deal count, that's just about $14k in commission. So - to make $40,000, you'd have to get fired, lol.

As of 2-29-08, My YTD is a tad over $10,800. Since I already know what my commision will be next month (this months sales), I know that on 3-28 my YTD will be between $17,500 and $18,000. I am not even close to being the trop of the food chain. $18k x 3 more quarters = $72,000. Wow - look at that. I guess I'm average. LMAO

If you make minimums as a rep, you'll make over $50,000. End of story. If you're making less than that, you're going to be fired for non-production. I made $45k my first year and came VERY close to being let go. Absolute dumb luck and getting my numbers up at the right time that I wasn't. How's that different from any other sales organization?

AVERAGE is 72-76k. You forget that there are a few who skew the numbers higher. TODAY there was one rep who got a check for $39,000 before taxes, another over $20,000, and another over $15,000. That makes up for a lot of people making $1,500 or so when you do an average. And ANYONE with skill and work ethic can make that much here. Anyone who says otherwise is just bitter, end of story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jamin Loveless in Henderson, Nevada

80 months ago

Benifits include full medical, dental, vision, life, and more starting the first day of the month following your hire date. Company pays 80% premiums. Pretty good package, too. Hard to beat, especially in Las Vegas, especially in sales.

ANyone going to try and argue with that, too? LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

richmondwinegirl in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

Hi! I am interviewing this week at yellowpages.com!
These posts scare the hell out of me. I'm a very good sales person, but have never sold advertising. I like to work a lot and don't have kids or am not married, so I have nothing by time. I had the first interview last week and have been invited back for the evaluation day in the office on Monday and a ride along on Tuesday. I would love to talk to you further about this. At least before the second interview with the director (that may be on Monday) as the corporate guru's will be at the Richmond, Virginia office. HELP!! I'm nervous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

richmondwinegirl in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

Hey Hey Firewalker! Nice to hear from a new person! All this bitterness in these posts is scary! I had the observation day on Monday. A very long day. I inteviewed with an HR director out of Philly Monday evening. This is the second interview. I have a ride-a-long this Friday. I had the pleasure of observing sales calls on Monday. One of the let downs is the reps are on top of each other in these tiny offices in Richmond. Practically back to back. That is a bit annoying. But had the pleasure of observing what I thought to be 4 of the best in the office. Their demeanor ROCKED and they got their appointments as planned. I have asked to ride along with one of these folks on Friday. Here's hoping! Just listening in to all of them on Monday, some people have it and some people DON'T! Amazing! Tell me what happened with your meeting! (richmondwinegirl@hotmail.com)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HR Buddy in Detroit, Michigan

80 months ago

This place sounds like a zoo and sweat-shop... why would anyone want to work there??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

M Taylor in new york, New York

80 months ago

I observed and then went on a ride along too. How long does it take for someone to tell you if you are actually hired or not? It is Wednesday and I know there is a training on Monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shopgirlz in Charlotte, North Carolina

79 months ago

The starting hourly rate is $12.50 an hour. You make $17.50 when you start training for the first 3 weeks. The first year I made $60,000.00, working 8-5 Monday through Friday with no take home work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mobile in Mobile, Alabama

78 months ago

Does anyone know how the working conditions are in the Virginia Beach Office for Premise Reps. I had an interview and have been asked back for a ride along. How long after that do you find out if you have been hired. Ehat is the real anticipated pay for a premise rep. Please reply back to Samuel.Tillman@att.blackberry.net

Snk j in Washington

78 months ago

i work for yellowbook and i'm considering going to work for them..ive been at YB now for 6yrs and pull in a little under a 100k...at yp.com the base is 59k with 23% commision..the monthly quota is around 30k..if you have a decent work ethic it would be hard to make less than 100k...

from what i understand from the reps that i spoken with is that the work enviroment has improved drastically over the past few months..

Seatown in Washington

78 months ago

Snk j in Washington said: i work for yellowbook and i'm considering going to work for them..ive been at YB now for 6yrs and pull in a little under a 100k...at yp.com the base is 59k with 23% commision..the monthly quota is around 30k..if you have a decent work ethic it would be hard to make less than 100k...

from what i understand from the reps that i spoken with is that the work enviroment has improved drastically over the past few months..

Right now, I'm coming from mortgage, making $170K in 2006 but closed my company in 2007. Now I'm at a job making 70K salary but the commissions aren't significant enough to make the money I need so I'm looking at Yellowpages.com. I've been told that the salary is 50K, not 60K. Are you interviewing in Seattle for the Account Manager position? If so, how do you negotiate the increased salary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Snk j in Washington

78 months ago

Seatown in Washington said: Right now, I'm coming from mortgage, making $170K in 2006 but closed my company in 2007. Now I'm at a job making 70K salary but the commissions aren't significant enough to make the money I need so I'm looking at Yellowpages.com. I've been told that the salary is 50K, not 60K. Are you interviewing in Seattle for the Account Manager position? If so, how do you negotiate the increased salary?

the base is 50k with 9k expense...they're always hiring...

techily in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Yellowpages.com?

What do you like best about working at Yellowpages.com? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Anyone care to comment on the IT jobs at YellowPages.com? I noticed they have some Sysadmin jobs available & was considering interviewing them for my open position of Sr. Paycheck Provider. I have a friend who is making $94K as a Windows Systems Administrator at a different job & she says that this is even low compared to what YP pays. She said this person she knows got a $20K signing bonus to boot. What kind of perks can one expect over there? What is the neighborhood like in terms of coffe shops, restaurants, etc?

Christine Seal in San Bernardino, California

63 months ago

I used to work in outside sales before I got laid off a year and 1/2 ago. Now I am working in inside sales and I am bored out of my mind. I make hald the money I used to, not even enough to really pay the bills, so I am considering working in outside sales again. I interviewed with Yellowbook last year, but was unsure about the company and making only $24,000 base salary. Even with the car allowance, it would only be around $32,000-$33,000 plus bonuses and commission. Right now I make more than that and I am struggling. I know that with commissions and bonuses, the possibility of me making a lot more than that is good. Does anyone have any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Guitarlo in Minneapolis, Minnesota

62 months ago

I was contacted by ROB from a recruiting firm called Executive Search. The job offered to me was 100% outside sales. He did not call it "premise rep."
The pay was $20,000 base $9,100 yr expense + commissions. He swore it was easy to at least hit $70,000 first year? This job also entailed (2) weeks of training out of town. Does anyone know what the real deal is with this type of job? Why do the other posts indicate such higher salaries?

NYBobby in Franklin Square, New York

59 months ago

Horrible job so dont do it. They are going to lower the base salary again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allen in Astoria, New York

33 months ago

I worked for Yellowpages.com/AT&T

Do not work for them.

Most people only last a few months so what they say about your yearly salary is a lie. While you work there they will abuse you all day long.

If you do start to make good money and residuals they will fire you to give your big accounts to people who have been there for years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ThinkingAboutIt in Knoxville, Tennessee

28 months ago

I have a phone interview here in Knoxville soon and was wondering what the base salary was and what the atmosphere is for this position?? Thanks!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.