How to get a job at Yellowpages.com.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (42)

Host

Do you work at Yellowpages.com? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Brian Dawson in Columbus, Ohio

108 months ago

This is a very hard job to get and a great job to have.

Advice for the interview... be hungry! If you cant sell yourself, how can you sell their product!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Sagitta Tellsthetruth in Las Vegas, Nevada

105 months ago

It's all about sales. IF you can sell, you can get a job there.
THE TRUTH ABOUT JOBS AT YELLOWPAGES.COM INTERNET SALES AND INTERNET MARKETING HENDERSON, NV

If anyone is seeking a job in internet marketing or internet sales, you may have come across jobs at Yellowpages.com. Yellowpages.com is a reputable company with some decent people to work with . Howver, don't be fooled if you are hearing promises of an average salary of $75K a year. The top couple reps in the company can make that much. The truth is, most reps are really doing the job of a telemarketer. If you do not "pound the phones" and sell hard, you will not make it. Most people there are struggling just to make $40K a year.

If the managers tell you that you are not bound by rules and you can "sell to anyone" you are again being fooled. There are territories, you cannot sell to ad agencies, and if you are in Henderson, NV you cannot sell to Nevada or California (among many other states).

In this position, you have to be a stellar sales person and enjoy being on the phone all day long. You should be making at least 500 calls a day to make a decent living. The reps that make good money work their tales off and have been there for over a year.

If you are considering a job at Yellowpages.com DO NOT give up anything great that you already have. They hire every couple of months due to a high turnover and LAYOFFS. They also do not provide you with supplies. I'm serious!

They DO NOT have a coaching plan like they promise. I am an example. They decided to due a massive layoff in December 2007 and gave me one day to sell over a month's worth of ads or I would be fired. Even the top rep told me it was next to impossible. They conveniently fired me before my three motnh anniversary. Just two months on the floor after training. So much for a company that is different, and "cares" about their employees. You have been warned!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

livy in Columbus, New Jersey

98 months ago

I heard the hours are long for the first 60-90 days after you start.. then after that do they calm down and are you on your own?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

96 months ago

You are receiving many incorrect words of advice.

Having been with YPC.COM for 4 months I will answer honestly...

Base is more than this person says max you can earn in a year.

I will seperate the sales person from those that say they are. Internet advertising sales is still in its early years so many people are still hesitant.

There is coaching.

Layoffs??? In 3 years the company has grown to over 500 people and are opening 4 new offices this fall for a total of 22.

You misrepresent - youre fired. You do not make quota for 2 straight months you loose your job, but, not before going on a plan with coaching and reporting. If you miss thenext month you go on final written warning - miss it then you are gone.

Resume advice... if your resume is not correct - correct it befor submission. They were making me verify a seminar session at a college because it was on my resume and they could not verify it. Fortunately I could.

Hard work and long hours. This drops as you become more familiar with it.

Want to make $200K - it's easy if you work hard at it - very hard if you work easy at it.

Talk to people that work for the company and not someone that failed.

Owned by AT&T (9th largest company in US) great benefits and great pay. If you like to get paid for hard work - go for it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

96 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Yellowpages.com? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

If you want an interview let me know by posting here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

96 months ago

Dan, what were you doing before you came to Yellowpages.Com? What's the turnover in your office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

96 months ago

Sales

I have been there going on 3 months - 4 if you count the three weeks of training.

Turnover- we have lost one that quit, one due to non performance, one just passed away and they have hired 16 new people. We now are over 50 sales reps and they are dividing into 2 offices - DC and Baltimore.

The people are great, lots of support and training. Most of what the person spoke of is untrue. I believe they must work for a competitor - not YPC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

96 months ago

Good luck. I couldn't hack it. I lasted about 4-5 months. You are in a good geographic with lots of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

96 months ago

YES I work for the company!!!!!
Send me your resume if you would like it to get to the right person. You will receive a call from me giving you my contact ino.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

96 months ago

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Good luck. I couldn't hack it. I lasted about 4-5 months. You are in a good geographic with lots of money.

There are some that can not make it. There are many who do. As I said in the 3.5 months I have been there I have seen one quit and one leave due to performance and about 20 new hires as we prepare to open another office. It is hard and long hours but the pay (for those that make quota) is better that you can find anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

96 months ago

Rock on brother. Let me know if you need some Sales Genie leads. I have a 12 month subscription (about $200 a month) with 10 months left.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

96 months ago

I have sales genie also, but, thanks for the offer. I might know someone. Have you prepaid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

96 months ago

I believe my Sales Genie account is autodebit on a one year term. Hmmm, sounds like a YP.Com contract. That's kharma. Good luck with your job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

96 months ago

It's not just YPC , try canceling any contract.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

96 months ago

Roger that. Good luck with your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

spookycc in Roanoke, Indiana

96 months ago

Please BEWARE of, and stay AWAY from, the resume services company I posted above! I have sadly learned first-hand that they are a FRAUD and a SCAM.

Do not do business with

**** www*careerexperts*com *****

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dpinvest in Greensboro, North Carolina

94 months ago

spookycc in Roanoke, Indiana said: Please BEWARE of, and stay AWAY from, the resume services company I posted above! I have sadly learned first-hand that they are a FRAUD and a SCAM.

Do not do business with

**** www*careerexperts*com *****

So in the earlier post you claim they were good before trying them out? How exactly was it scam/fraud? I recently apply for something and got an email from them.

Thank You,

Julie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KhadeejahJ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

Hi All, I'm trying really hard to get a job at YPC.Com. I was in real estate for 6 years and think it would be a great transition for me. I received an email a week ago asking me what a good time to contact you for an initial discussion about your background and opportunities at our company. I of course said I'm available anytime Monday through Sunday. However, noone ever called. I responded back a few times because I do think persistence and staying on top of things pays off, but now I'm getting a little skeptical that I'll never receive a call. Any suggestions? I do understand that its the holidays, but the email was sent to me on Christmas Eve. I promptly responded back within 30 minutes. What gives?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

93 months ago

KhadeejahJ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi All, I'm trying really hard to get a job at YPC.Com. I was in real estate for 6 years and think it would be a great transition for me. I received an email a week ago asking me what a good time to contact you for an initial discussion about your background and opportunities at our company. I of course said I'm available anytime Monday through Sunday. However, noone ever called. I responded back a few times because I do think persistence and staying on top of things pays off, but now I'm getting a little skeptical that I'll never receive a call. Any suggestions? I do understand that its the holidays, but the email was sent to me on Christmas Eve. I promptly responded back within 30 minutes. What gives?

I don't know how long you have been contacting them about the interview,which office or if you have been available or not. but
1. Holidays make a difference
2. If you were not completely honest on your resume it can bounce you out.
3. Remember that yellowpages.com is now AT&T Advertisig Solutions and that AT&T is the 9th largest company in the country and they are concerned about image ( again background check)
4. It is one of most successful startups in recent history. Started 3 years ago with 6 people. When YPC formally merged into AT&T there were 1300 employees and 29 offices.
5. The pay is great. The hours are long and the job requires a lot of extra work to be successful. It is not for everyone. If your not willing to put in the hours - don't ask for the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KhadeejahJ in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

Well, I have yet to even reach the phone interview part. It was jut an email asking when I was available to speak about opportunities there. I just really hope they call. Do you think it looks good to keep following up everyday? Or is the HR person going to think I am psycho? LOL

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina said: I don't know how long you have been contacting them about the interview,which office or if you have been available or not. but
1. Holidays make a difference
2. If you were not completely honest on your resume it can bounce you out.
3. Remember that yellowpages.com is now AT&T Advertisig Solutions and that AT&T is the 9th largest company in the country and they are concerned about image ( again background check)
4. It is one of most successful startups in recent history. Started 3 years ago with 6 people. When YPC formally merged into AT&T there were 1300 employees and 29 offices.
5. The pay is great. The hours are long and the job requires a lot of extra work to be successful. It is not for everyone. If your not willing to put in the hours - don't ask for the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

93 months ago

I don't know where you have applied. Each recruiter is different. Some don't give a second chance. They reason that it is a great opportunity and if a person is not sincere and willing to work at it then they don't want you. Others feel that a desperate person is not successful. It really depends on the person you end up working with. You need to follow your gut.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

erica2009 in Norcross, Georgia

91 months ago

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina said: If you want an interview let me know by posting here.

Hello Dan,

I would like you to help me to get an interview. Please advise. I have taken a few steps already and would like to discuss them with you via e-mail. You have a very good head on your shoulders and a positive mental attitude in which your posts reflect. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks. ERICAJOHNSON2009@YAHOO.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

elegantvagabond in Saint Louis, Missouri

89 months ago

I too, will have to disagree with such negative words...

I work for AT&T Advertising Solutions as of January 2009... and this is the best job with the best pay, potential and opportunity I have ever been involved in; and I plan to do nothing to compromise that. I work at the Olivette (Saint Louis), MO office, which is the corporate headquarters for my department (cyber representative).
There is incredible potential here... the base pay is $28k annually - not the best, but not terrible. However, you receive 15% commission on anything you sell; the monthly objective is $20k, so if you only sell the minimum you make $65k/year. There is no cap on commission; sell as much as you can to make as much money as you can - the best part is that it is not some stupid scam or typical "telemarketing" position; you really are working with a great company to help business owners gain exposure in the top search mediums for businesses to provide a great return on their investment and make money for themselves.
Of course if you don't sell, they're going to get rid of you because you're not doing your job - but not without warnings, as stated above. Their turn over rate is high because yes, people are let go and yes people quit because it's not for them; but also people are able to transfer and get promoted frequently too. In this crappy economy, AT&T is constantly growing and expanding in the yellow pages department. Keep in mind too, there are several jobs that involve the yellow pages, I just do one of them. T-sales is another and obvious local/premise reps so their requirements aren't exactly the same.
The bottom line is, this company has incredible benefits (free health insurance!) and opportunities, they're now a fortune 8 company and anyone who has something bad to say about it is either a competitor trying to run them down or someone who failed at it. They give 6 weeks of training so you hit the floor prepared, and if you're good it takes no time to make great money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

89 months ago

YellowPages.Com, or whatever they are calling themselves these days, is a hustle for two-bit hustlers. You either (1) know this and don't give a $h!t because the money is good (bottom feeder scum bag). Or, (2) you think you are providing a service to your clients (mostly, by the way, mom and pop shops - you know, the folks that make America who we are - the land of hope and opportunity) and it's a job to be proud of (in which case you have either been bamboozled or you are a complete knucklehead). Elegantvagabond, this IS a typical telemarketing job. Have you ever thought to yourself - hmmmm, if this product is soooo great, how come nobody calls us / why do we pound on them with outbound calls? You want to know some good products / good services? Take a look at your victims - landscaper, painter, nail salon, tree service, locksmith. They are providing a real service / a real product. And people call them. You ever heard of a telemarketing shop for landscapers, painters, carpenters, etc.. You are just trying to squeeze whatever you can out of the little profit these folks are making. Call 100 customers and ask if they would like to cancel without penalty. WAKE UP! It's a scam! A high pressure sales script. Get a real job. Be a Teacher. Join the Police Department. Be a Fire Fighter. Join the Army, Navy, etc.. Gee whiz, sell pot. At least you aren't ripping people off. Assuming it's decent weed. Get a city/state/federal job. Fortune 8 company - give me a break. Great benefits - big frickin' deal. My grandmother has great benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

89 months ago

I am sorry you are so bitter. My retention rate is about 85% (renewals). I get referals which like HMMMM them calling me. I have friends with large businesses that have asked me if the could sign up which again shoots holes in your statements. You need to find someone that you can discuss your true feelings with, that can help you with whatever it is that is causing this distorted view of the things around you. We have lots of businesses that would not be in business if it were not for us (a comment BTW from a client last week). Oh and another thought ... you shouldn't use headings that are in our top searches - it kinda makes you look like a fool.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Oliver in Williamston, North Carolina

89 months ago

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I believe my Sales Genie account is autodebit on a one year term. Hmmm, sounds like a YP.Com contract. That's kharma. Good luck with your job.

Gosh... it seems like a 12 month agreement is standard in most industries. What kind of experience did you say you have? How cam you speak as an expert when you seem to know so little?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

benivolent in Madras, India

88 months ago

it is very difficult to explain

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

benivolent in Madras, India

88 months ago

it is very difficult to explain www.quick2get.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pivan113 in Glen Rock, New Jersey

87 months ago

elegantvagabond in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I too, will have to disagree with such negative words...

I work for AT&T Advertising Solutions as of January 2009... and this is the best job with the best pay, potential and opportunity I have ever been involved in; and I plan to do nothing to compromise that. I work at the Olivette (Saint Louis), MO office, which is the corporate headquarters for my department (cyber representative).
There is incredible potential here... the base pay is $28k annually - not the best, but not terrible. However, you receive 15% commission on anything you sell; the monthly objective is $20k, so if you only sell the minimum you make $65k/year. There is no cap on commission; sell as much as you can to make as much money as you can - the best part is that it is not some stupid scam or typical "telemarketing" position; you really are working with a great company to help business owners gain exposure in the top search mediums for businesses to provide a great return on their investment and make money for themselves.
Of course if you don't sell, they're going to get rid of you because you're not doing your job - but not without warnings, as stated above. Their turn over rate is high because yes, people are let go and yes people quit because it's not for them; but also people are able to transfer and get promoted frequently too. In this crappy economy, AT&T is constantly growing and expanding in the yellow pages department. Keep in mind too, there are several jobs that involve the yellow pages, I just do one of them. T-sales is another and obvious local/premise reps so their requirements aren't exactly the same.
The bottom line is, this company has incredible benefits (free health insurance!) and opportunities, they're now a fortune 8 company and anyone who has something bad to say about it is either a competitor trying to run them down or someone who failed at it. They give 6 weeks of training so you hit the floor prepared,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pivan113 in Glen Rock, New Jersey

87 months ago

Sagitta Tellsthetruth in Las Vegas, Nevada said: It's all about sales. IF you can sell, you can get a job there.
THE TRUTH ABOUT JOBS AT YELLOWPAGES.COM INTERNET SALES AND INTERNET MARKETING HENDERSON, NV

If anyone is seeking a job in internet marketing or internet sales, you may have come across jobs at Yellowpages.com. Yellowpages.com is a reputable company with some decent people to work with . Howver, don't be fooled if you are hearing promises of an average salary of $75K a year. The top couple reps in the company can make that much. The truth is, most reps are really doing the job of a telemarketer. If you do not "pound the phones" and sell hard, you will not make it. Most people there are struggling just to make $40K a year.

If the managers tell you that you are not bound by rules and you can "sell to anyone" you are again being fooled. There are territories, you cannot sell to ad agencies, and if you are in Henderson, NV you cannot sell to Nevada or California (among many other states).

In this position, you have to be a stellar sales person and enjoy being on the phone all day long. You should be making at least 500 calls a day to make a decent living. The reps that make good money work their tales off and have been there for over a year.

If you are considering a job at Yellowpages.com DO NOT give up anything great that you already have. They hire every couple of months due to a high turnover and LAYOFFS. They also do not provide you with supplies. I'm serious!

They DO NOT have a coaching plan like they promise. I am an example. They decided to due a massive layoff in December 2007 and gave me one day to sell over a month's worth of ads or I would be fired. Even the top rep told me it was next to impossible. They conveniently fired me before my three motnh anniversary. Just two months on the floor after training. So much for a company that is different, and "cares" about their employees. You have been warned!

ARE YOU STILL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pivan113 in Glen Rock, New Jersey

87 months ago

working for them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pivan113 in Glen Rock, New Jersey

87 months ago

anyone who has worked for them please contact me.

paulperkins@lynchlawyers.com

thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous143 in Henderson, Nevada

83 months ago

Just checking in. Worked for Yellowpages.com a couple years ago and I am still fighting with my insurance company because the company cancelled my insurance before they let me go. I also came across old documents of everyone's salaries and only the top 3 people were making anything over $40K. That was before the recession really hit. I have no idea what it would be like now.
As far as the commissions, you can make better money in affiliate marketing. Keep your day job and start affiliate marketing online if you want a commission based job. You can create a website and sell what you have to offer (try for your best talents) and also make money referring people to other companies like GoDaddy.com. MLMSP is also a great way to get into affiliate marketing. If you know nothing you can go there and learn about affiliate marketing before you dive in. They have a site for you. If you have an MLM, you'll make even more. Try www.myeconomy.me
Anyways, I wish you all the best of luck and although AT&T owns yellowpages.com, there's a HUGE difference. You could try the AT&T telecommunications stores. You're treated MUCH better and you still get the nice AT&T benefits. AND.. people come to you. Much less stressful! It pays an average wage, but once you get into yellowpages.com, you'd see most people there make average salaries too.

If you can sell like a car salesman and use pressuring tactics to get people to buy what they don't know about, you could make a decent living at yellowpages.com. But you will be under scrutiny every month, and as a previous employee I can tell you I know at least 5 others that were never given that promised coaching plan. If you miss your quota for one month, they can and will fire you. Nevada is a will to work state and people can fire here for any reason they want. You will be on a dialer system and making hundreds of recorded calls a day. Knowing the economy and this company, I'd rather be a janitor than go to yellowpages.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leeber in Boston, Massachusetts

82 months ago

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah said: YellowPages.Com, or whatever they are calling themselves these days, is a hustle for two-bit hustlers. You either (1) know this and don't give a $h!t because the money is good (bottom feeder scum bag). Or, (2) you think you are providing a service to your clients (mostly, by the way, mom and pop shops - you know, the folks that make America who we are - the land of hope and opportunity) and it's a job to be proud of (in which case you have either been bamboozled or you are a complete knucklehead). Elegantvagabond, this IS a typical telemarketing job. Have you ever thought to yourself - hmmmm, if this product is soooo great, how come nobody calls us / why do we pound on them with outbound calls? You want to know some good products / good services? Take a look at your victims - landscaper, painter, nail salon, tree service, locksmith. They are providing a real service / a real product. And people call them. You ever heard of a telemarketing shop for landscapers, painters, carpenters, etc.. You are just trying to squeeze whatever you can out of the little profit these folks are making. Call 100 customers and ask if they would like to cancel without penalty. WAKE UP! It's a scam! A high pressure sales script. Get a real job. Be a Teacher. Join the Police Department. Be a Fire Fighter. Join the Army, Navy, etc.. Gee whiz, sell pot. At least you aren't ripping people off. Assuming it's decent weed. Get a city/state/federal job. Fortune 8 company - give me a break. Great benefits - big frickin' deal. My grandmother has great benefits.

You sound like someone who has never been in sales before, or just has no clue on how to sell. The biggest companies in the world all have sales reps. Are Pharmaceutical Reps scumbags? People do not call them. Are software reps scumbags? You couldn't find a rep if you wanted to. They find you. That is what sales is. It is apparent that you are bitter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nybobby in Franklin Square, New York

82 months ago

Leeber in Boston, Massachusetts said: You sound like someone who has never been in sales before, or just has no clue on how to sell. The biggest companies in the world all have sales reps. Are Pharmaceutical Reps scumbags? People do not call them. Are software reps scumbags? You couldn't find a rep if you wanted to. They find you. That is what sales is. It is apparent that you are bitter.[/QUOT
Dont defend Yellowpages.com!!! Even if you work there now you know it is a scam. Your ratios suck by the way. You said that 80% of your clients dont get $hit out of their ads. That means and I know that 3 out of 4 people are screaming at you on a weekly basis. If you have any ethics what so ever find a new job. Or you can continue to rip off the American business owner who has put everything he has into building his business. Find a new company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Aly in Duluth, Georgia

78 months ago

I am considering employment with AT&T Advertising. What kind of incentives or reimbursement on car allowance, cell phone, or lap-top?

Further, do they provide any discounts on AT&T products or services like u-verse?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jmp01 in PLEASANTON, California

77 months ago

First of all I have to say, the Cyber Reps are the lowest on the food chain at At&t. The joke of the company...The highest paid reps are the Key Reps they make about 200,000 a year and have most likely been at At&t for a lifetime and worked like slaves to get where they are. Next up is the Prem Reps, who are outside sales reps and make about 100,000 a year, next we have the Telephone reps who make about 60,000 to 80,000 and lastly the Cyber Reps who make 45,000 a year max. The guy on here who says he makes 200,000 a year is full of sh*t. I started at at&t 5 years ago when were the sbc yellowpages, and I worked my way up from a cyber rep to a tel-rep, then finally to a manager. I can promise you, this is not a good place to work. The atmosphere is like the movie "boiler room" and there is no way that this business is growing.

This joker that says he makes 200k a year by working hard? Trust me when i say that if that were true he'd be running the company by now. In all my 5 years, I have never heard of a cyber rep making over 70k. And by the way before they were cyber reps they were called bsr's. what we like to call bullsh*t reps. Furthermore we are the 8th largest company not the 9th. But i can promise you we didnt get this big by taking care of our employees. This job truly sucks! An if you work here they will do there best to run you into the ground.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

inbetweenjobs in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

I worked at YP.com for 9 months and I never worked so hard for such little pay. I am a salesperson with integrity and endurance. It all depends on what market you work in. In Los Angeles, its a union market and AT&T hired dozen non union new reps that were required to pay union dues, but not protected until after 18 months. Medical did not kick in until 6 months after employment. Which I found strange as most company offer insurance the much sooner if any after 3 months. We were provided product training for two weeks, but had no interaction with the rest of the team. All I could say we were competing with our union counterpart for the bottom feeders small businesses. The team was put on PIP plan and I was let go because, I did not sell monthly billing of $1000. I brought in $955. Keep in mind $1000 monthly billing = $12K worth of annual contracts. It does not sound alot, but if your average sale is $300/month. One of my co-worker had a friend buy their direct mail program to secure their his job. I heard they dissolved the channel and now are part of the union. Still not protected. A union steward told my friend who was just let go, to look for another job as they will not keep this division open. There is no room for them. Even if you perform well they will not keep you as it base on seniority in the union. If you are in the union its very hard to get fired. Thank about it. If you need a job, go for it, but, I keep looking until you find something more secure. This particular industry is hard cord. You got to close hard. I've been in sales for a long time, and customers would share that AT&T reps cheat and lie. I did not, but others did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

smarter and wiser in Saint Paul, Minnesota

74 months ago

Run far, far, away from this company. I worked there during the Mary Ann in D.C. fiasco so I know what Paul is talking about. Hardly anyone lasts more than 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

noname in Rockaway, New Jersey

44 months ago

totally agree with posting above, Run far and fast away from company.
Very true . . no one last too long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

HOTSTUFF in Saint Paul, Minnesota

39 months ago

I worked for AT&T as a Cyber Sales Representative for a year and a half and made $70K/year...Cyber is definitely low man on the totem pole, but the earning potential is great! If you're looking to get out of Cyber, Good luck! Go out with the managers and kiss some butt. But, if you can last a year or two, and be smart with your money, it would be a great place to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.