Yorkson -- Unprofessional and a Wast of Time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

N/A in New York

86 months ago

I have solid law firm experience in word processing and was assured over the phone by a Yorkson representative that she could help me find a GOOD job. I arrived on time for my interview and was told by the receptionist to have a seat and Sara would be with me shortly. The receptionist went into a closed door meeting with what appeared to be the only other two people in the office. No one was at the front desk or anywhere else in sight. I waited over 30 minutes with nothing happening. No one gave me paperwork to fill out, tested me, or any explanation as to when or if Sara would appear. Finally, with what sounded like unanswered phones ringing off the hook, I left. From this experience, my judgment is Yorkson is not a professional organization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerrty Mahoney in New York, New York

86 months ago

N/A in New York said: I have solid law firm experience in word processing and was assured over the phone by a Yorkson representative that she could help me find a GOOD job. I arrived on time for my interview and was told by the receptionist to have a seat and Sara would be with me shortly. The receptionist went into a closed door meeting with what appeared to be the only other two people in the office. No one was at the front desk or anywhere else in sight. I waited over 30 minutes with nothing happening. No one gave me paperwork to fill out, tested me, or any explanation as to when or if Sara would appear. Finally, with what sounded like unanswered phones ringing off the hook, I left. From this experience, my judgment is Yorkson is not a professional organization.

Yorkson is a fraudulent, worthless agency. I registered with them in 12/96 and have yet to get a job interview from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bob pietruszewski in East Brunswick, New Jersey

77 months ago

They have a lot of positions advertised on the job boards. Thanks for the heads up; I won't bother contacting them since the bulk of them are probably phony and they just need to increase their database of candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jerry Mahoney in New York, New York

77 months ago

It's a good idea to block their ads. Also block Aldan Troy Group, another reprehensible agency which falsely advertises word processing jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bob pietruszewski in East Brunswick, New Jersey

77 months ago

Thanks for the tip on Aldan. They advertise a lot on the job boards as well. I would add Filcro and Nadine Bocelli to that list from my experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Heather Mac in Montgomery-Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Can you guys recommend some of the more reputable legal recruiting firms in NY? I've heard about Filcro and Bocelli (sp)...! On Careerbuilder, there are a few that contact you cold and in my opinion, ask you questions that you should only ask in a personal one-on-one interview - it's easy to pick out the "cheese" firms...

Many thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.