Zipcar Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Zipcar?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

candidate in Boston, Massachusetts

61 months ago

Expect the unexpected. For a very desired role (I loved the company and their marketing, thought the job a great fit), I invested about 14 hours total in the job process. Half hour for the initial HR recruiter screen call, hour with the senior person, 6 hours on a writing assignment, and then 3 hours with VP-level people (plus prep). Then, nothing. I was told after the last interview that this was only the first of 4 rounds of interviews for the position, and that they "still had some people to see." A simple "thanks but no thanks" note within a few weeks would have been nice, but I kept hearing, "you're still under consideration!" This was 3 months ago, and I am still seeing that job listing. I was pretty annoyed about not hearing and disappointed about not getting the position until I happened to meet a former Zipcar employee who said they would not wish working there on their worst enemy (long hours, high stress, have a kid, forget it). Yeah, I heard it's competitive to get a job there, but my experience was ridiculous. Yes, I have a job now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.