What's the company culture at alliantgroup, LP?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at alliantgroup, LP?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at alliantgroup, LP?

Reply - Report abuse

clockwatcher in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

Host said: Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at alliantgroup, LP?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at alliantgroup, LP?

alliantgroup requires their employees to work from 8-8:30am to 6-6:30pm, 9 hours/day minimum. Dress is jeans and t-shirt, unless visitors come to the office, in which case it's business casual.

Weekend work is expected, as well as frequent travel and unpaid overtime. The office morale is extremely low and stress is high because of quarterly performance reviews. There is exceedingly high employee turnover due to management cutting the bottom 10% performers every quarter in addition to many employees quitting for unfair treatment or being fired for various reasons.

Employees work in teams, which often have mandatory daily meetings starting at 6:30pm. Some teams meet up weekly immediately after work at a bar, usually around 8:30pm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Alan in Sugar Land, Texas

53 months ago

I received an e-mail from this company's HR a few days ago. The original job posting was on Craigslist, but the company's name was not mentioned. It was for a project associate position. I applied back in July so I was surprised to hear from them. I did some research and noticed mostly NEGATIVE reviews by former employees. I received another e-mail request for an interview. And just this morning, they called to see if I was interested in an interview. I politely declined. The things mentioned in the employee reviews reminded me of my former employer that laid me off last December. Started out fun and a pleasant work environment in the beginning, but the novelty wore off and the poor management started to show. Not only that, I was underpaid for my work. I'm not looking to be in the same situation AGAIN. It's frustrating because I would like to work

Do you think it was a mistake to turn down an interview? Should I reconsider? And were you working as a project associate? How was the work environment? I don't feel like dealing with crazy office antics AGAIN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

BP42483 in Texas

12 months ago

Company culture is something alliantgroup focuses almost all of their efforts towards. The CEO forces culture down his employees throats! I am currently with the company but will be moving on as soon as possible. I do not mind having set guidelines to abide by or even standards to help better the work environment, but it's ridiculous with this company. The company typically hires young women with little to no experience and forces them to behave by the nonexistent culture.
One aspect of the culture is "transparency", the CEO and his followers (managers) preach how employees should always be open with their emotions and feelings towards themselves and their co-workers. The CEO uses this as a way to verbally attack employees and he also openly discriminates against certain individuals, then he turns around and labels his behavior as a "transparent culture". However, I have seen people get fired for voicing their concerns toward him. So while this is a "transparent atmosphere" the culture changes to "opacity" when directly dealing with the owner.
During a speech the CEO mentioned, "I only hire the best athletes." He went on to describe it as, “if an NFL team drafts the best all-around athlete then their team will surpass expectations.” My only question to him is, what about a good coach? I'm not sure if ANY athlete would excel without being coached on how to utilize their skills properly. This company has very poor management, those who praise the CEO he shows favoritism towards and the result is becoming a manager.
I wish I would've read reviews before starting my career here at alliantgroup but the fault is on me, now I am working on finding something a bit less like high school. There is no family time outside of work and late nights every night with no compensation. When reading reviews the main issue I saw is the employee turnaround rate. I have noticed turnaround is bad and I do know of two instances where someone was hired on, used, and then let go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.