How to get a job at JPMorgan Chase.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 64)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at JPMorgan Chase? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

FE in Dublin, Ohio

89 months ago

Never ever work there. No work ethics. People are numbers to them. How much they can work you and for how little money. Run and do not look back. Thank your luckey stars you do not work for them. Your Family, health and your friends will thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

FE in Dublin, Ohio

88 months ago

WOW AND I THOUGHT FREE SPEACH EXISTED IN AMERICA. THE PAIN REALLY DOES HURT. JPMC ARE OUT FOR ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY. $$$$$$$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Job Fairs Galore in Berkeley, Illinois

87 months ago

This place is a living hell to work for. I know, I worked there.

I agree with above post -- > RUN --> and don't look back!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

sampara in Boston, Massachusetts

87 months ago

RUMOUR HAS IT THAT jpm EMPLOYS PEOPLE WHO HAVE DECLARED BANKRUPTCY.IS THIS A GOOD PRACTICE FOR A COMPANY WHICH DEALS WITH FINANCES?JUST ASKING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

choco in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

now i do not want to work for JPMG. Thanks for information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

TLO in Pickerington, Ohio

86 months ago

I have applied for over 125 job with Chase to no avail. I am a college graduate with a Master's degree and they will give me no response even on the entry level jobs. Can anyone tell me why they post all these jobs and never give any response?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (132) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Kim Cole

86 months ago

TLO in Pickerington, Ohio said: I have applied for over 125 job with Chase to no avail. I am a college graduate with a Master's degree and they will give me no response even on the entry level jobs. Can anyone tell me why they post all these jobs and never give any response?

I applied at the Polaris office (Gemini) and got a resonse the nect day. They have an employmnent center on site. You may want to try that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

trainboy59 in Tempe, Arizona

86 months ago

TLO in Pickerington, Ohio said: I have applied for over 125 job with Chase to no avail. I am a college graduate with a Master's degree and they will give me no response even on the entry level jobs. Can anyone tell me why they post all these jobs and never give any response?

Hon, if you've already got a masters degree under your belt, you can do MUCH better than working at an entry level job at CHASE. Check in on your local city and/or county jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TLO in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

trainboy59 in Tempe, Arizona said: Hon, if you've already got a masters degree under your belt, you can do MUCH better than working at an entry level job at CHASE. Check in on your local city and/or county jobs.

Thanks for the advice....The only problem is I cannot and I repeat cannot get a job, even with the Master's degree. I have been out of work for 2 years. I thought it would be easy to get an entry level job there and maybe work my way up Wrong!! For some reason when companies see Master's degree they think they'll have to pay a huge salary...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

havespirit in Hicksville, New York

85 months ago

it's amazing how many people have the same thought about JPMorgan Chase across the board ..and the message is loud and clear... r u n...I also worked for the bank for 22 years, merged with Chemical, then JPMorgan, outsourced to IBM and then the Bank1 merger...Mr. Dimon had us brought back in=house. Should have left me alone...my position was eliminated in NY and given to others in Ohio. Though they were not aware of how our environment was supported, it did not matter. Till this day, I hear how my users long for my support.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

NJ Guy in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Their favorite tactics for laying people off is either moving job functions to another location.(Ohio, Tampa) or through flat out job elimination.

They don't care where they cut and hows it's done or what the effects will be, just as long as bonuses are good.

This company has no ethics or morals when dealing with it's U.S employees. Everthing done at CHASE is done in the name of almighty Globalization and the next quarter.

They also force their U.S workers to train their replacements -need I say more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kim Cole

85 months ago

Host said: Do you work at JPMorgan Chase? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Hello, I would suggest going to the office and applying. They have koisk's to apply (sp?) or visit www.jpmorganchase.com. I believe that many think of their jobs at chase like the previous replies but it is what you make of it. I am new to the company and I LOVE my job. I work in the fraud department but I am going to school for forensic finance so that may help my liking it. The benefits and perks are wonderful but the pay is just "OK". I am only a freshman so I figure by time I graduate then I will have enough senority to move around.

I am a strong believer that "it is what you make it" and you have to keep in mind that most people that come to these boards are because they want to vent about their job.

Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

hxville in Hicksville, New York

85 months ago

NJ Guy in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania said: Their favorite tactics for laying people off is either moving job functions to another location.(Ohio, Tampa) or through flat out job elimination.

They don't care where they cut and hows it's done or what the effects will be, just as long as bonuses are good.

This company has no ethics or morals when dealing with it's U.S employees. Everthing done at CHASE is done in the name of almighty Globalization and the next quarter.

They also force their U.S workers to train their replacements -need I say more?

sounds like you worked for the company...where do you work now..Barre/Scranton

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Copiague, New York

85 months ago

sampara in Boston, Massachusetts said: RUMOUR HAS IT THAT jpm EMPLOYS PEOPLE WHO HAVE DECLARED BANKRUPTCY.IS THIS A GOOD PRACTICE FOR A COMPANY WHICH DEALS WITH FINANCES?JUST ASKING
Why should that be a factor in determining who gets hired? A person with bankruptcy probably has a better chance at getting hired because they have managed their debt and the law prohibits employers from using bankruptcy as the only determining factor for employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Mc Leansboro, Illinois

83 months ago

I applied for a job online, got a call to setup a phone interview about a month later (after I had forgotten that I applied), had the phone interview and was then called in for a personal interview with two managers. It's been over a week and I was told I'd hear within a week, but no response from anyone. Is this normal? They could at least say no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Dublin, Ohio

83 months ago

Par for the course. Its a sweat shop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

It's possible they have not finished interviewing candidates yet. I would follow up with them..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Roco said: Why would you want to work at JPMC, I have been working at JPMC for 3 yrs and it s---.

why are you still there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Mc Leansboro, Illinois

83 months ago

hxville in Hicksville, New York said: It's possible they have not finished interviewing candidates yet. I would follow up with them..

Hmm good point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

acctinfo in Wilmington, Delaware

83 months ago

They probably get flooded with resumes. I've had your experience many times, and, it's just a guess. I worked there for a while and the place is overloaded with email-itis. A person would rather email someone sitting a few feet away rather than get up and go talk. They tend to ignore what they are not going to deal with - too much to respond to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ruby Payne in Westerville, Ohio

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at JPMorgan Chase? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I use to work for Chase when they were on High Street and then we moved to Worthington. Now I live behind the one on Polaris Parkway. How do I get back in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Marlon in Ruston, Louisiana

83 months ago

I just quit Chase like 3 weeks ago. They stink.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TCGren in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

I have worked for Chase the past 6 years, and I've had good and bad days. Sure, nothing's perfect, but please point to me any company that is ideal. The time of employer loyalty and easy days are decades long gone. Yeah, there are jobs being outsourced to international locations or even elsewhere in the U.S., and in many cases, the performance is the same or better than when located in the original location. The truth is....if you're in a customer-facing revenue-generating job, you do well. If you're not, well, you have to figure out how to do it better or cheaper. The same thing already happened to the auto, steel, toy, electronics, and clothing industries. So, it was a matter of time before it happened in banking and elsewhere.

I've seen good and bad managers....and yes, employees do suffer while the bad managers are still there. Eventually the bad managers get weeded out....sometimes it takes a couple years for it to happen, but it does. I've worked for a lot worse companies than Chase, believe me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Joel in Amityville, New York

82 months ago

I loved my job at Chase and I loved the long hours and the challenging goals. But I did not like being sexually harassed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

paula horton in Freeport, New York

82 months ago

I WENT ON AN INTERVIEW FOR CHASE ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO FOR THE PERSONAL BANKER POSITION, THE WOMAN WHO INTERVIEWED ME SAID THAT SINCE I WAS A STUDENT, I WOULD BE ETTER OFF AS A TELLER. SO SHE PUT ME ON THE COMPUTER TO TAKE THE ASSASSMENT AND AFTER PASSING IT I GOT SCREENED OVER THE PHONE BY THE RECRUITER WHO DEALT WITH TELLERS. SHE TOOK DOWN MY NUMBER TO SET UP A SECOND INTERVIEW THAT DAY AND I NEVER HEARD FROM HER. I WOULD'VE APPRECIATED IT IF SHE KEPT IT PROFESSIONAL, BUT INSTEAD THEY MADE IT SEEM AS IF I DEFINITELY HAD THE JOB AND THEN THEY NEVER CALLED BACK. SCREW JPMORGAN CHASE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha

81 months ago

I was laid off from another bank in 2006 and was unemployed when I applied for a Teller position with JP Morgan Chase. I interviewed for a Teller position and I was offered the job the next day. The day before I interviewed with JP Morgan Chase, I interviewed with another company and I was offered a position. I accepted the position with the other company and declined the Teller position with JP Morgan Chase because the other position offered me more money. Fast forward to the present, I am looking for a new job and I applied for 5 Teller positions with JP Morgan Chase and they won't even call me. I have even left voice mail messages for the recruiter who I dealt with previously. JP Morgan keeps sending me emails stating that I have not been chosen to be interviewed at this time. I think they are holding a grudge against me for declining their offer last year. I am DEFINETLY qualified for a Teller position because I have worked as a Teller for two other banks. They have several Teller positions that need to be filled they won't consider me this time around. I have finally given up. They really aren't worth the aggrevation. It will end up benefiting me in the long run. I hear it is not a great place to work. I guess I should consider myself lucky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I was offered a personal banking position at chase but since i am a student, i wasnt interested in the position. I went on the interview anyway and was told that i would only be getting 10 dollars an hour, and at that time I was making 14 dollars an hour as a telemarketer. I later spoke with the recruiter for the teller positions and was told that she would set up an interview with the branch manager and that she would call me back in about an hour. To make a long story short, i never recieved that phone call, But about a week later i got hired as a teller at another bank. Do you really wana work for a company that doesnt keep it professional? Go to CITIBANK!!! the benefits are great and so is the pay. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in New York

81 months ago

I have already started to apply for other opportunities with other banks. I have completely given up on JP Morgan Chase. I don't want to work for an organization that is so petty and unprofessional. I guess it explains why they are having problems filling alot of their positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shavon Adams in Newark, New Jersey

80 months ago

Chase is really one of those organizations where its moreso about who you know to get a job there. I applied for a job with them a couple of years ago right out of college and of course didnt hear anything back. My cousin became employed with them earlier this year and sent my resume directly to the district manager for the personal banker position. I went on three interviews, the third one being just a couple of days ago and today I was offered the job. So to be honest with a large company like that, it is about who you know because it was by far the smoothest interview process I have ever been through. But if anyone is applying for the Personal Banker position, make sure you sell yourself to the fullest in the interview. Be very sales driven, say you want to make a lot of money,and expect to do a lot of role playing.

80 months ago

thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Personal Banker in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

call the branch mgr, they will say fill out a online application, after that follow up with the manager they should get you in. Warning, you must pass your series 6 the first time, I had some personal family problems right before i took the test. I missed by 5 questions and they let me go. Odd thing is, 3 girls in the class ahead of me failed and they all got a second chance????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in New York

80 months ago

I have given up on Chase. I have applied to other banks and I have gotten calls from Wachovia, Bank of America, Commerce, and Citibank. I am in the process of scheduling interviews with them. I am shocked by the unprofessionalism the JP Morgan Chase recruiters have shown in the Westchester County area of New York. I believe their recruiters are located in White Plains, New York. No wonder they have such a hard time staffing their branches in that area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Which type of position are you looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in New York

79 months ago

I applied for a Teller position with Chase. I have over 7 years of experience in banking. I have worked as a Teller, Customer Service Representative Representative, and a Loan Service Clerk. I am definitely qualified to be a Teller. Chase offered me a Teller position about a year ago. I declined the offer because I accepted another job. I thought job that I accepted was going to work out but it turned out to be the wrong decision. I applied for the position that I turned down the first time, a Teller position at the branch that I had successfully interviewed at. The position has been open for months and Chase keeps sending me emails stating that I they will not be interviewing me for this position at this time, even though the position is still available. The only explanation I can come up with is that the recruiter in Westchester County, New York is holding a grudge against me because I turned down the first offer. I have given up on them. I am lucky that I have other options. I stopped applying for Chase positions two months ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

good in New York, New York

79 months ago

I recently got an offer from JP morgan to work in their Tressury department(public sector).... Is that a good department to work for? Not sure if I should take it or not..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lakeysha cooper in Chicago, Illinois

77 months ago

I previously work as a Senior Underwriter with Washington Mutual. Our subprime division was closed down 9-07. I've looked for work every since then, and can not find a job as a underwriter. Do anyone know what is up with that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FightBack in New York, New York

77 months ago

lakeysha cooper in Chicago, Illinois said: I previously work as a Senior Underwriter with Washington Mutual. Our subprime division was closed down 9-07. I've looked for work every since then, and can not find a job as a underwriter. Do anyone know what is up with that.

You need to think about changing careers because the sub prime mortgage industry as a whole was hit hard with losses and a lot of mortgage companies have gone out of business as a result of those losses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FightBack in I am the real FightBack, New York

77 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MichaelaG in Dublin, Ohio

76 months ago

Three years later in Bangor, Maine said: I worked at the Private Bank. The most mean-spirited and disfunctional workplace I have ever personally encountered. My boss was, I think literally, insane -- and of course she's still there.

I was born in Presque Isle and my Dad is from there as well. One of my sisters was born in Bangor and one in Ft. Fairfield. We lived in Orono as my Dad was @ University of Maine. I am so jealous...if my husband and I could figure out how to work there, we would move there with our 6 kids. My maiden name is WILDER, and our family owns WILDER's Jewelry Store in Presque Isle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Burns in Frederick, Maryland

73 months ago

I worked for them 5 years ago and have a son that works for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

danyo in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

what kind of interview questions are asked by the branch and district manager?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ScottWeiss in Columbus, Ohio

69 months ago

You answered your own question. Assuming you're telling the truth about your education, you're way, way, way overqualified for what they're looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

bwilson444 in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

I've heard that Chase tellers in New York have to perform duties before and after they close their windows and don't get paid for the work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rob Pick in Zürich, Switzerland

49 months ago

The best advice is to find or meet someone working for JPMC who can recommend you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JD1212 in Florida

49 months ago

Don't work for them. It's really not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

??? in Ypsilanti, Michigan

49 months ago

I had my phone interview for the personal banker position on the June 17th a thursday. Today is Monday June 21st. I was told that if I were selected for an 1 on 1 interview I would be contacted within a week. :( I want to work for chase sooooo bad. I really hope I get the position.

For those who work for chase now. How long did it take for you to complete the entire interview process? And how long did it take for the recruiter to call you back after the phone interview? Thanks guys!

Questions asked during phone interview:
Why do you want to become a personal banker?
Why did you choose chase to work for?

Then they ask you about your past work experience.
The interview is about 20 mins. long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lvelazq1 in Schaumburg, Illinois

47 months ago

Is it True that you have to be Bilingual to work at a Bank, most of the qualifications say MUST SPEAK KOREAN, SPANISH, HINDI OR POLISH. I have applied as a Personal banker at 125 different locations and have yet to get a single phone interview or call and have over 15 years commisioned sales experience and always excedeed my quota every month. Are they posting jobs and just not hiring? Or they won't even look at your resume unless you are bilingual.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

starburst in Cambridge, Ohio

47 months ago

Just thought that since the feedback on here was so helpful to me that I would write a review letting others know what to expect when applying for a PB position at Chase. I applied late on a thursday night which was a standard application. It had a mandatory test that had to be taken at that time consisting of percentage math questions, and a few personality questions. It took me about an hour and 1/2. A word of advice... TAKE YOUR TIME. They are full of useless information and try to confuse you. I got a call from the branch manager the following morning and she set me up with an interview for Monday. Interviewed with the branch manager and district manager which went extremely well. They asked the standard questions in any interview. What are your weakenesses? Strengths? Etc. Since I already worked in a commission sales environment it was more related to my current numbers, rankings, recognition, manager, team etc. They had me greet a customer in the lobby and direct him to a personal banker. All went well. After just a few minutes in the interview I felt like they had already made up their mind in selecting me for the job. They were nice, and we just chit chatted about random things. As soon as I left my interview I got a call within 1/2 hour from an HR rep to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager for the next morning. After 15 minutes the call was done and then came time to wait. Within an hour they offered me the job. With 5 years commission sales experience I was offered top salary at 32k plus commission. Overall the experience was amazing. Very professional staff, and friendly HR people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Newark, Ohio

42 months ago

My best advice is DONT DO IT !! I just ended a 2 year nightmare stretch of employment at the Easton Office in Columbus.. Terrible absolutely the worst job I've ever had. Absolutely the most unorganized, no regard for Customers or employees place of Business I've ever seen in my life. You are nothing more then a body in a seat. If you have a Degree they dont care. Its who you know when you initially step foot into that Company. I could write a book about the shady things that are taking place within the Home Finance division. Its a matter of time before it catches up with them. The problem is that the Firm is so huge that its very easy for blankets to be placed over the fraud that is going on there.. If you have any regard for Humans try submitting your resume to local Credit Unions or Community Banks.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.