When is pay day?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

starlily in Toronto, Ontario

81 months ago

Hi!
I have just joined Sears and HR did not tell me which day do I get paid. I was told that I am going to be paid bi-weekly, and I have worked for 2 weeks already. Could any Sears employee tell me how it works?

Thanks a lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Alex Sanchez in Middletown, New York

81 months ago

starlily in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi!
I have just joined Sears and HR did not tell me which day do I get paid. I was told that I am going to be paid bi-weekly, and I have worked for 2 weeks already. Could any Sears employee tell me how it works?

Thanks a lot!

Usually every retail company will pay their employees on the Friday of every other week.

But if your starting date was in the middle of a pay cycle (meaning if you started on a week that the Friday lands on a Pay-Day) then you should get paid during the next 2-week pay cycle (totaling 3 weeks instead of 2).

You will then get paid every other Friday after that...

You also have to take into consideration on the method you chose to receive your paycheck.

If you chose either the Direct Deposit or E-Card option, then you will get paid on that Friday.

But if you chose to have your paycheck mailed to you then I was told that it can take up to 5 business days (Monday-Friday) before you'll see your check (but BEWARE, if the weather is bad or planes or delayed it can take even longer before you receive your paycheck by mail).

If you don't see a paycheck by next week, I'd advise you to simply ask your HR manager about where your check is and they can help you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (71) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hottay in Sumter, South Carolina

80 months ago

I am from Sumter S.C . I am very kind and nice. I Love my kids, nephews and niece. I Love most of all praising God and going to church.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (157) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.