How to get a job at Securitas Security.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

Host

Do you work at Securitas Security? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

mishauwn varnado in Redlands, California

92 months ago

no I never worked for secirutas before. My sister in-law told me about the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

Sara from Chicago in Wheaton, Illinois

92 months ago

What type of position are you looking at within Securitas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

samuel cancel in New York, New York

88 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Securitas Security? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?yes,i was in the prosses of getting hired and did get hired.I saw one of thier security officers and enquired about the the job and called up one day.

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

make sure thats what you want to do,it is a good company and they expect the same from you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Livonia, Michigan

87 months ago

Yes I work for Securitas. I'm a part of Supervison for a client-site.

Every job has it's good and bad, but overall I do enjoy my job. There are many different positions within the company, so I'm sure the answer is different with different jobs and positions within the company. Just like with anything else, you get what you put into it.

I got the first interview after I went into the local field-office and filled out an application. I remember that the application was very long, but didn't take too long to complete. Once you go in for your interview, make sure you have a neat appearance and wear casual clothes. Khaki pants and a Polo shirt would be sufficient for a non-supervison or management position. For Supervision and Management positions, wear a suit and tie.

There are two pieces of advise that I'd really offer anyone applying with the company.
1) Sell yourself (both when you fill out the application and during the interview). Show the office staff/management why they can't afford NOT to hire you.
2) Follow-up and visit the office in person if they don't get back to you within a week for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Mark from Bloomington now in Decatur, Illinois

87 months ago

I have worked for this company and all I can say is ‘be very careful if you are considering employment with them.’
It used to be (pre 9/11 that is) that most U.S. security companies tried to maintain some degree of balance between Client/customer service with some consideration for their employees.
As the U.S. began to feel the pressure of global terrorism in the ‘90’s, some corporate minded people saw a golden opportunity and began establishing multi-national security conglomerates. They started buying up small local company’s then progressed to regional and finally national companies like Stanley Smith, Burns, Pinkerton, etc.
Then came 9/11! Now these Multi-National companies are “in the Catbird seat”.
Pay scales went up some, but regard for employees plummeted to the point that companies like Securitas USA Inc., (AKA; Burns/Pinkerton/Securitas) basically see their employees as a means to a financial end. A warm body. The proof is in high employee turnover rates for these companies, minimal training, expanded job descriptions to cover all the “crap” jobs clients don’t want to do for themselves, (I’ve even seen toilet cleaning among job duties. What this has to do with “Security” I don’t know) and some even carry the “bottom line“ so far as to invent reasons for terminating an employee so that the employee is restricted from drawing unemployment. That’s class!
You should also be aware that Securitas Security Services USA Inc. has an “at will” policy in Illinois. Its in their handbook. “At will” basically means that either party (yourself or them) can terminate your job at any time. But be sure and give them two weeks notice before you depart. It tends to irritate them if you don’t, and you might see some strange rebuttal on your request for unemployment. benefits.
TRY TO FIND AN AMERICAN COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
I WOULD AVOID THIS ONE IF I WERE YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

SecurityShmuck in utica, Michigan

82 months ago

Joe in Livonia, Michigan said: Yes I work for Securitas. I'm a part of Supervison for a client-site.

Every job has it's good and bad, but overall I do enjoy my job. There are many different positions within the company, so I'm sure the answer is different with different jobs and positions within the company. Just like with anything else, you get what you put into it.

I got the first interview after I went into the local field-office and filled out an application. I remember that the application was very long, but didn't take too long to complete. Once you go in for your interview, make sure you have a neat appearance and wear casual clothes. Khaki pants and a Polo shirt would be sufficient for a non-supervison or management position. For Supervision and Management positions, wear a suit and tie.

There are two pieces of advise that I'd really offer anyone applying with the company.
1) Sell yourself (both when you fill out the application and during the interview). Show the office staff/management why they can't afford NOT to hire you.
2) Follow-up and visit the office in person if they don't get back to you within a week for an interview.

Garbage, this must be a fake entry.

First, there is no need to sell yourself. Show up for the interview and the job is as good as yours. Some of the retarded trolls that have come through my site more than prove that anyone can get a job here.
second, the situation IS different at various sites. It depends on the strength of the god complex of your supervisor and/or account manager.
Third, you don't get back what you put into it. Regardless of what you do; cancel plans to cover an extra shift, work 43 days in a row, drive way out of your way to help out. It won't matter, no one will care. The only way to get managers/supervisors notice is to interrupt their daily online movie marathon or bother them at home.
If you can stomach the BS you can work here, but don't say you weren't warned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

prodigy6167

65 months ago

Hey I've had insider referals to securitas 1 from a sargent of the dectives burial an employee there plus I had experience as a guard an never got an interview applyed and got rejected 3 times that's messed up! But im glad I got a job at least with murdoch security

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

coke in College Park, Maryland

53 months ago

I applied for this company several times online. Even i complete their questioners and have got no replay.Why they ned refferal is it only alowed for people with connection. The comment given by peoples is based on what they experiance. so to get a place in this company appling online is nothing u must have a connection

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Securitas Officer in Hannibal, Missouri

47 months ago

the hardest part about working there besides putting up with the childish BS and the fact that your paycheck will be wrong every time, is the actual application process on their website. easy work. a trained monkey can do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bad For anyone

38 months ago

Ok,

So here is my view on Securitas.. I think you should be really be careful before you consider working for this company..

I have friends and family that work for this company and its amazing what I have seen and heard with my own two (2) eyes that this company and its management employees are capable of to achieve what they think is the safety zone, Most of the management for this company are in my opinion NOT very professional and can't seem to understand when you create a problem .. It's Your Fault and You should take responsibility for your actions (This company has yet to recognize when they are wrong even after multiple law suit around employees. If I owned this company I would fire every single management member I have spoken two in the last 6 months.. Securitas is going down hill and I only give it a few more years and then you will see this company decline at a rapid pace because what they do now will effect them as long as people who know its wrong stand up and fight them.

It truly is amazing to me what this company would do to get rid of employees that other employees might not like. no matter the reason they would even to go as far as to tell employees to falsify legal employment documents to make it look as if that employee has done something wrong so they could have grounds for termination..

I honestly wouldn't post this if it wasn't a series of sites engaging in this type of behavior.. But it is .. this company has only gotten away with there behavior because responsible people don't stand up for what is right!

I strongly erge you to stay away from Securitas and Alied Barton (just another company which as corrupted politics)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sami Winchester in Columbus, Ohio

37 months ago

I have worked for Securitas for five years, and I have never had a problem because I DO MY JOB! Like with any company, you're only going to have problems if you're doing things you're not supposed to - or don't do things that you are supposed to do.

Securitas is a really good company to work for. They may not be 100% perfect 100% of the time, but the managers are willing to help you and are generally good people.

There are a lot of people saying they don't get calls after they apply. I think they must get a lot of people applying, they're a really big company. Maybe they can't contact everyone, so they only call the good ones.

Most of the complainers seem to have really bad grammar, even the ones that claim to be "college educated". I find it hard to take them seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Claymont, Delaware

36 months ago

its funny reading all these comments. well first off i work for this company. i began last week. i did the questioner online n they called me about 2 weeks later. i came in with a black t-shirt n some work pants. ask me a few questions then did a drug test.its easy to get in. i work as a rover so i get sent to different post.there all easy. the hardest thing you have to do is stay occupied. you work like 10% of the time unless its somewhere u have to walk around for n hr. but honestly its a piece of cake like most security companies.
and im in california not deleware i changed it but guess didnt work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

svend5202@gmail.com in Warren, Ohio

35 months ago

Sara from Chicago in Wheaton, Illinois said: What type of position are you looking at within Securitas?

Security officer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

svend5202@gmail.com in Warren, Ohio

35 months ago

How do I apply for a job at Securitas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sami Winchester in Columbus, Ohio

35 months ago

apply at www.securitasjobs.com. It takes a while, but it's worth it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in New York, New York

26 months ago

A few years later, I was desperate for a job so I applied for Securitas in Duluth, MN. I was hoping that the poor treatment of employees was strictly limited to the Wausau, WI office, but I was wrong. Duluth was just as bad. When I submitted my application online and received a phone call 20 minutes later, I should have realized how high their turnover must be and hung up on them, but instead I took the job without even a phone interview. The scheduling manager hired me as a Field Supervisor, but had me act as a Flex officer first so I could learn the comings and goings of all the sites. This made sense to me at the time. My first paycheck came and I was making $2/hr less than what I had been promised in my interview. He told me I would get the other $2 when I got promoted to Field Supervisor, and I said okay. A couple of weeks later they hired some ex-cop off the street and made him the Field Supervisor, and I never saw that position or my extra $2. The whole experience was similar to my other Securitas experience, except that the scheduling was even more screwed up. Some pay periods I would work 130 hours, then the following pay period I would work 25 hours. The scheduling manager is a high-school educated moron who got his job because he was golfing buddies with the former district manager. He is a complete social retard and can barely function on the phone when talking to people, much less make a proper schedule. In the end, I ended up leaving when my father died and the aforementioned scheduling manager told me I couldn't have a week off to go out of town and attend the funeral.

Overall I have 4 years of experience with Securitas, and all I can say is that they are 4 years I'll never get back. It doesn't seem to matter what district you end up in, your main office will treat you like crap. I did work one site fairly regularly in Duluth (a college campus) where everyone was awesome, but that's only because the site sup would stand up for us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in New York, New York

26 months ago

That should say "but instead I took the job with only a phone interview." My apologies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

eltopo in Lancaster, California

26 months ago

Tony, what kind of drug test did they give you? Pee, blood, saliva?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Security Consultant in South Lyon, Michigan

18 months ago

michael_bowles@tmail.com said: Securitas is full of it sorry to say at least in ct I have a guard license and security experience and they know my boss personally at murdoch security and I have good references a sargent from the dectectives burial and an insider referal I still couldn't get in there just really rude an full of it sorry to say and did I mention im also college educated too lol

Apparently that college education didn't cover anything regarding spelling, grammar, or punctuation? If your resume looks anything this post, perhaps that's the reason you were never asked back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Natasha Spicer

12 months ago

tony in Claymont, Delaware said: its funny reading all these comments. well first off i work for this company. i began last week. i did the questioner online n they called me about 2 weeks later. i came in with a black t-shirt n some work pants. ask me a few questions then did a drug test.its easy to get in. i work as a rover so i get sent to different post.there all easy. the hardest thing you have to do is stay occupied. you work like 10% of the time unless its somewhere u have to walk around for n hr . but honestly its a piece of cake like most security companies.
and im in california not deleware i changed it but guess didnt work.

What kind of drug test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Bell, California

12 months ago

eltopo in Lancaster, California said: Tony, what kind of drug test did they give you? Pee, blood, saliva?

It was saliva

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Johannes Makgato in Johannesburg, South Africa

11 months ago

No I never worked for secirutas before.My former manager told me about the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Johannes Makgato in Johannesburg, South Africa

11 months ago

Site Manager or Assistance site manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Corvallis, Oregon

2 months ago

Sami Winchester in Columbus, Ohio said: I have worked for Securitas for five years, and I have never had a problem because I DO MY JOB! Like with any company, you're only going to have problems if you're doing things you're not supposed to - or don't do things that you are supposed to do.

Securitas is a really good company to work for. They may not be 100% perfect 100% of the time, but the managers are willing to help you and are generally good people.

There are a lot of people saying they don't get calls after they apply. I think they must get a lot of people applying, they're a really big company. Maybe they can't contact everyone, so they only call the good ones.

Most of the complainers seem to have really bad grammar, even the ones that claim to be " college educated". I find it hard to take them seriously.

Hear, hear! It all comes down to attitude I've been with Securitas nearly 13 years. I have no complaints.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.