How to become a linemen with Southern California Edison?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

commoncurtise in Orange, California

37 months ago

I recently started researching becoming a linemen (working on high voltage electrical lines) in Southern California. Based on my research I am aware of two avenues that one can take to becoming a union line worker.

OPTION 1: Become a member of the California Nevada Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. Spend 3 years as an apprentice (working in the field and going to school) and work 2 more years as a journeyman (making 5 years total) before you can go to work for a local utility (e.g. SDGE or Edison).

OPTION 2: Apply and be hired directly with Southern California Edison or any local energy distribution provider and spend 5 years as an apprentice.

My question mainly pertains to OPTION 2, that is . . . . where would I even start if I wanted to apply to Southern California Edison to become a linemen? I have thoroughly browsed the internet looking for information in this regard but have had no luck to date. Any kind of input WOULD BE HUGE!!! Even if you don't know exactly how to get an application submitted ANY INFORMATION regarding peoples experience in this field is much appreciated.

THANK YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.