U.S. Cellular Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at U.S. Cellular?

What do you like best about working at U.S. Cellular? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

it use to be so good. Knoxville in Kingsport, Tennessee

91 months ago

It use to be that the starting wage was good but you can go to Brinks and start out at more now. That's where most of the ex-cellies go. The benefits are still good, but you don't feel like you have job security. I have been here for years, and come in every day wondering if I am going to "the next one". In 2005 we received all of our quarterly bonus (CBI all 4 quarters), so what does the dumb VP do? She moves out the good leaders and keeps the ones that aren't worth a s*** and we haven't made the CBI one time since all the leadership changes. Is anyone really happy there, because I know everybody I talk to has a FAKE smile, and is worried about what the leaders are really doing in all those meetings...plotting on who is next? Will that knife be in your back with blood running down it before you even know it!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

USCC in Tuttle, Oklahoma

90 months ago

Pay for this position ranges from $50-$60k base salary with a 40% bonus structure. Benefits are exceptional with medical, dental and vision.
This position requires extensive travel throughout the market but you will get mileage reimbursement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY its like a cult.

I was called by the company last year, but the receptionist called back me back to reschedule the interview but never called, then out of no where the company calls me 1 year 6 months later, at the time I was exploring my next opportunities so I went in the online assessment e face to face interview and received a call in 4 months.

During training you are watch closely your every word and movement is critiqued. During breaks managers from everywhere begin to appear in restrooms, dinning areas and I wouldnt be surprise if they had the training rooms bugged.

U.S Cellular prides itself on diversity, but believe me there is no diversity. During my training session I felt like I was being hazed. We had to sing silly songs, and play games by forming circles and closed rooms. Happily I was fired and told I didnt fit the DO, Dynamic Organization

They are looking for people who have no personality, no personal goals and someone they can mold into their One of Us Cult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

old lady in Beloit, Wisconsin

90 months ago

yep, thats us cellular. I laughed at the one of cult comment. it is so right on the money. and once they decide you are NOT one of them, forget it you are gone. You can be and say and do everything they want, but it doesn't matter, they will just say its wrong. like when the cute liberal cheerleader spent 1/2 a morning complaining about people with seniority always getting holidays off. She was just so awful, mean and negative and personal, that I and others felt physically battered, as did several others. But that was ok, don't we all feel bad for the little mommy who has to work on holidays? But when I came in and found my crazy cape that I wore to keep drafts off me was missing, and asked where it was, I was the one being negative. Then there is the coaches driking buddy, who showed up so hung over that he had to go home. Would you believe, I was actually expecting to be written up for NOT showing up snockered? Then I was yelled at for IMPROVING on schedule stats. I must be doing something dishonest. Well, no, Im doing what your hung over friend told me to do. Finally, when I was fired, my coach brought up the fact that I walked the wrong direction to the printer, and pointed to a direction that would take twice as long. I was puzzled until I realized he was actually reprimanding me for using the printer he told me to use. Honestly.. I couldn't make this stuff up. Let me end my rant by saying Im prouder of being part of the dont than I ever was being part of the DO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nun-Yur-biz in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

Danielle in Chicago, Illinois said: DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY its like a cult.

I was called by the company last year, but the receptionist called back me back to reschedule the interview but never called, then out of no where the company calls me 1 year 6 months later, at the time I was exploring my next opportunities so I went in the online assessment e face to face interview and received a call in 4 months.

During training you are watch closely your every word and movement is critiqued. During breaks managers from everywhere begin to appear in restrooms, dinning areas and I wouldnt be surprise if they had the training rooms bugged.

U.S Cellular prides itself on diversity, but believe me there is no diversity. During my training session I felt like I was being hazed. We had to sing silly songs, and play games by forming circles and closed rooms. Happily I was fired and told I didnt fit the DO, Dynamic Organization

They are looking for people who have no personality, no personal goals and someone they can mold into their One of Us Cult.

The problem is not the company but YOU! You are not a suck-up; which is needed to pay the bills sometimes. Yeah, they may haze you and torment you. However, once you become "one of them" the problem stops and the steady paycheck does not hurt either. After you become a boss, you can change the system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Nun-Yur-biz in Chicago, Illinois said: The problem is not the company but YOU! You are not a suck-up; which is needed to pay the bills sometimes. Yeah, they may haze you and torment you. However, once you become "one of them" the problem stops and the steady paycheck does not hurt either. After you become a boss, you can change the system.

you obviously missed the whole point. sucking up does NOT make you one of them. I WAS one of them. All the bosses who have been fired were one of them at one time. When they said say this, I said it. When they said do this, I did it. Period. when they are done using you, they are done using you. It will happen to the people who made my last year and a half there hell, it is, as someone else said in another post, just a matter of time. Then, not only will sucking up NOT pay your bills, it wont pay for your lost self respect. The people who are the bosses now live in fear, they certainly aren't changing anything, midmanagement are the only people who are more afraid of losing their jobs than call center reps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DKG in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

My point exactly! That is one the most unintelligent comments I have ever READ but coming from a U.S Cellular employee I am not surprised.

Why would a college graduate need to SUCK UP? Why would anyone want to go through that for a little of nothing.

This is how it went for me I was fired on Friday, submitting my resume on Tuesday, went to the interview today, called back today, accepted the offer, start on Monday.

That is what a degree will get you hiring power and leverage not a sore mouth from kissing ass

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

please don't blame us cellular employees as a whole. Lord knows I came across many many many that were dumb as a bucket of rocks, but I also came across many who were really wonderful and cared about their customers. Of course, most of that kind are gone. Let me give you an example. We had a customer who needed a copy of his bills for a court appearance. Now, he knew about this appearance way ahead of time, but decided to call the day before to get them. For security reasons, we couldn't fax bills, and this really is a valid concern. Even tho this guy could have gone to one of us cellulars company stores and gotten the bills in his hand, my coworker printed the bills and drove them to his customer AFTER hours, on his OWN time. For this he was nominated and received a national award. Two months later he was fired. The person who fired him stated to another employee that he felt this guy was too old for the team. The day of the firing, the employee who was told the guy was too old got a final written warning about something else(never having gotten a verbal or written warning, which is the same way I went out). As I said, this isn't about sucking up to a stupid boss, believe me, as a single mom, I've bitten my tongue many a time on many jobs to keep my kid fed. These are mean, nasty people. RAther than simply terminate their employees under the employee at will clause, they make up false charges, and defame characters. All so they don't have to pay unemployment. Which is a joke, because I was told shortly before being fired that they had never won an unemployment case. No amount of sucking up would make me a 30 year old liberal who lived in the city rather than the country and worshipped Harry Potter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DKG in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

I agree I blame those who remain and take the BS I blame Rooney and his cult members I blame management but most of all I blame employees who dont have the good sense god has gave them to want to do better and find suitable employment where their own personal morals and values are not compromised. This subject is mute;anyone that applies for a position at US Cellular after reading these comments deserves everything they get- plus some.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

the problem with is that it can be hard to find a job that pays what they pay for the same skills. During the years that it was a good place to work, that is, BR -- before Rooney, I worked my way thru the pay scale till I had gotten to the point that noone else would pay me anywhere near for the skills and education I had. So, getting fired turned out to be a blessing, I am going back to school, despite being old.. so much for us oldies but goodies being stuck in our ways and unable/unwilling to learn new tricks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

DKG in Chicago, Illinois said: I agree I blame those who remain and take the BS I blame Rooney and his cult members I blame management but most of all I blame employees who dont have the good sense god has gave them to want to do better and find suitable employment where their own personal morals and values are not compromised. This subject is mute;anyone that applies for a position at US Cellular after reading these comments deserves everything they get- plus some.

I felt I had poured enough vitriol out on these pages in the last couple of days to be able to let it go, but I got some news today that I felt really proved how wrong "nun-yr-biz" or however he spells it is.
I stopped by to say hi to a former coworker who now works for the competition in town. Come to find out yet another person from my former department was fired on what seem to be trumped up charges, tho no one knows for sure. This gal was one of those folks who I counted as a friend until the coach who took over our team decided I was to be marginalized till I quit, or they could dream up some reason to fire me. At that point, it seemed to me that she joined in the shunning process. I even remember asking her how I could get into the in group. Anyway, the point is, tho she didnt like this coach(supervisor)any more than the rest of us, she went along with him. Apparently a couple of months ago, a decision was made to "realign" leadership in the Waukesha call center. A person who used to be our coworker and supervisor took the team back over. It is she who fired this coworker. So nun yr biz is wrong. suck up and get fired anyway. I also saw someon
Another person made the comment that they got rid of the good supervisors and left the bad ones in place. The coach who did this latest firing informed me of the circumstances surrounding the termination of the long term center director who hired me, and also wrote me up one month for doing what she told to do the previous month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nun-Yur-biz in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

old lady in Beloit, Wisconsin said: you obviously missed the whole point. sucking up does NOT make you one of them. I WAS one of them. All the bosses who have been fired were one of them at one time. When they said say this, I said it. When they said do this, I did it. Period. when they are done using you, they are done using you. It will happen to the people who made my last year and a half there hell, it is, as someone else said in another post, just a matter of time. Then, not only will sucking up NOT pay your bills, it wont pay for your lost self respect. The people who are the bosses now live in fear, they certainly aren't changing anything, midmanagement are the only people who are more afraid of losing their jobs than call center reps.

Trust me, people do not fire "one of their own" unless it is neccessary to for business survival. The person probably stop being "one of them." By suck up I do not mean sell yourself or lose your identity. A better term I should of had used is "team player." Make the bosses feel you are trying to be productive and make them happy and comfortable. This may involve "suck-up" activities like late hours, listening to them wine about their horrible wife etc. Other time it involves "caring" activities like being the first to help and never whinning when the boss does stupid things or make foolish business decision. People like this are the last to be fired. Again I ask you people with this attitude have jobs, do you have one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

yes, Mr. KNow it all,(or should I say, "Jack Rooney) I DO HAVE A JOB. I had my pick of several, and in all cases told what had happened to me and that I would never tolerate that type of abuse again. I walked off one job where it happened and was hired the same day at another place. Thats how I was hired at us cellular.. Same day. Team player? what a joke! Dont you have to know what team you are on, and better yet, what the game is? Do you know that we were told one month that the management trusted us completely and was taking the southwest airlines(or whatever the airline is) approach, where all they worried about was taking care of their employees, so their employees could take care of their customers? We were all wonderful etc, etc. about a month later, we were all terrible horrible people, and if we didn't like being told that, well, we could just leave. Even local management was appalled, and approached senior management with employee complaints, only to be terminated within a few months. So you think we didn't just zip our lip and put up with it after that? how about being told one month to do something, and getting written up by the SAME supervisor when I did it the next month? Had I not begun saving even the most trivial emails at home after that, I would have been fired for faxing a bill, but thank God I could pull up evidence that I was told it was ok. I praised programs such as "in the house", and got snarled at for my trouble. So, Im not going to argue further. I will simply say that the local management who did what they were told were "realigned", meaning corporate wasn't happy. US Cell uses their employees to cover their do-do the way a cat covers his in a litter box. Only problem with that is, who wants an employee who knows where all the turds are buried? And the longer you are there, the more turds you've buried. Management knows this and it makes them very nervous. Dont worry, with your attitude, you will be top turd in no time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robb in Richland, Washington

90 months ago

I recently applied at US Cellular (last week) and got a phone interview yesterday. I was told at that time that I would hear something in about 2 weeks or so. I received another call today and was asked to fill out online forms for a background check. I read all of your responses and can not believe how much whining you all do. If you want a job, apply. If you don't get interviewed or etc, move on. Get over it and keep looking. A job you will like WILL come along. Be positive and stop WHINING!!! If I get this job and the salary I want, GREAT!!! If not, oh well.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Beeny in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

it use to be so good. Knoxville in Kingsport, Tennessee said: It use to be that the starting wage was good but you can go to Brinks and start out at more now. That's where most of the ex-cellies go. The benefits are still good, but you don't feel like you have job security. I have been here for years, and come in every day wondering if I am going to "the next one". In 2005 we received all of our quarterly bonus (CBI all 4 quarters), so what does the dumb VP do? She moves out the good leaders and keeps the ones that aren't worth a s*** and we haven't made the CBI one time since all the leadership changes. Is anyone really happy there, because I know everybody I talk to has a FAKE smile, and is worried about what the leaders are really doing in all those meetings...plotting on who is next? Will that knife be in your back with blood running down it before you even know it!!!!!

Whats CBI?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

glad Im not there anymore in Pewaukee, Wisconsin

89 months ago

customer beat index... based on "impartial third party" surveys of customers.. center that has the highest score gets a bonus on top of bonus... unless your supervisor drums up reasons for you to be written up. then you get zip, zero, nada

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bucky in Madison, Wisconsin

89 months ago

In regards to call center positions, pay is not good in the Madison area. I hold a 4 yr business degree and have multiple years of service and marketing experience. I applied for a Financial Services Rep position after being downsized by a previous employer. Starting pay was $11-11.85 per hour with night hours/weekend shifts. I told them not interested and that I'll stick w/ AT&T as my wireless carrier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nun Ur Biz in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Does anyone know the computing system used in US Cellular? Like do they use Java and j2ee or are they moving towards .NET and C#? What is the technical interview like?

curious in Hazel Crest, Illinois

89 months ago

Anyone here work somewhere besides a call center?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Yes, I am currently working for a VP of HR at a university here in Chicago, $17,000 MORE than what US Cellular pays...

old lady in Pewaukee, Wisconsin

89 months ago

WHATEVER in Madison, Wisconsin said: Why are you on a job site if it's so great. Worked for them a long time. Just wait.

I had to double check my memory to be sure I had not written this comment! I, too, thought us cell was a great company to work for, and I think it actually was, back in the day.

Green machine in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Danielle in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes, I am currently working for a VP of HR at a university here in Chicago, $17,000 MORE than what US Cellular pays...

Hey Danielle,
As VP of HR un Univ of Chicago, can you please push my resume up the stockpile :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

trailblazer78 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

88 months ago

Sorry, but there is no changing the system--it is their way or the high way...You would need to get a lot higher in the company to be able to make those kind of changes.

BS in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

Just based on all the comments, I'm cancelling my service with them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

87 months ago

Please refrain from personal attacks in the forums. If you find a comment that you find offensive please click on "report abuse" and ignore it. Thanks!

glad Im not there anymore in Janesville, Wisconsin

87 months ago

BS in Chicago, Illinois said: Just based on all the comments, I'm cancelling my service with them!

the sad thing is that they are still the best service provider here where I live, so I still use them! but thanks for your support. Hope all is going well for you. Things are great for me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tarheelgirl in Raleigh, North Carolina

87 months ago

I too have gotten the run around with US Cellular. Had an interview several times, filled out the paperwork, passed verification and nothing. Then I got a call from a different district for the company, seems like the store I had applied to, sent my information to another district, and I am still getting the run around with them.

87 months ago

kind of makes you wonder how they would treat you if you DID work for them, doesn't it? Best to give them the run AWAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

B in Aurora, Illinois

86 months ago

old lady in Beloit, Wisconsin said: yep, thats us cellular. I laughed at the one of cult comment. it is so right on the money. and once they decide you are NOT one of them, forget it you are gone. You can be and say and do everything they want, but it doesn't matter, they will just say its wrong. like when the cute liberal cheerleader spent 1/2 a morning complaining about people with seniority always getting holidays off. She was just so awful, mean and negative and personal, that I and others felt physically battered, as did several others. But that was ok, don't we all feel bad for the little mommy who has to work on holidays? But when I came in and found my crazy cape that I wore to keep drafts off me was missing, and asked where it was, I was the one being negative. Then there is the coaches driking buddy, who showed up so hung over that he had to go home. Would you believe, I was actually expecting to be written up for NOT showing up snockered? Then I was yelled at for IMPROVING on schedule stats. I must be doing something dishonest. Well, no, Im doing what your hung over friend told me to do. Finally, when I was fired, my coach brought up the fact that I walked the wrong direction to the printer, and pointed to a direction that would take twice as long. I was puzzled until I realized he was actually reprimanding me for using the printer he told me to use. Honestly.. I couldn't make this stuff up. Let me end my rant by saying Im prouder of being part of the dont than I ever was being part of the DO.

So funny. I mean it's not, but ot made me laugh. The thing about the "cape" and not being "snockered". Hilarious!

B in Aurora, Illinois

86 months ago

B in Aurora, Illinois said: So funny. I mean it's not, but ot made me laugh. The thing about the "cape" and not being "snockered". Hilarious!

That cape was such an ugly royal blue, wasn't it?

Knoxhockey in North Carolina

86 months ago

Here's the deal. I'm not the ideal employee for USCC and have been employed by them for over 2yrs now. There is some truth to the cult ways of the DO, but at the same time they do take care of their employees. I have excellant medical, dental, 401k, and benefit time. I started out in a call center and have since moved into a retail store. I must admit in the call center I did have to tip toe a little more than I do now. It's the US Cellular business model, if you don't fit for what they are looking for then you probably won't last long. It's not for everybody so people should not slam USCC for knowing what they want in an employee. Like I said before, I'm not exactly what they are looking for but they treat me better than any other employer I've worked for. Therefore, I go to the meetings and participate in activities that seem pretty silly to me. I get paid well and have excellant benefits for myself and my family so it's a small price to pay. This company truely cares for it's employees and I have grown loyal to them over the last two years. It's a great place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

voicewithin in Adel, Iowa

85 months ago

Beeny in Chicago, Illinois said: Whats CBI?

CBI - Customer Beat Index

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MoJo in Kansas City, Missouri

85 months ago

What about technical positions on the operations side? How much do they pay network field engineers? And do the operations people have to go through the Cumbaya training, holding hands and singing? Please say no.

85 months ago

I can't answer this one... anyone out there know? I laughed at the cumbaya comment.

Tom Tucker in Beverly Hills, Illinois

85 months ago

Having been immersed in this ridiculous company for four months now, and already more than eager to look for a new job, I can tell you a couple of things:

A)The cult reference is ABSOLUTELY true. I have seen people fired for reasons that are awe-inspiring (and not in a good way). Every single person in the building maintains a fake smile beyond compare, because they create a Big-Brother style mentality, thusly you never know who is "watching".

B)NOBODY I know there has worked there for more than 3 years. This includes coaches, trainers, even directors. It's very apparent that people have a short shelf life at this place.

C)Their claim is customer focus. This is a line of crap a mile long. Case and point, I brought up one account one day, spoke with a customer who was clearly told scenario "A" was correct, when it was completely incorrect. It's even notated by the person that informed them as such. Because of this, the customer's bill was about $300 higher than it should have been. Under right and proper procedure, this charge should have been reversed. However, upon trying to speak w/higher ups to fix the problem, they informed me it was the customer's problem, and as I didn't have the clearance in the system to fix it myself (due to the high $ amount), I basically had to tell the customer he was screwed. It's a lovely smoke screen, but this company is blood thirsty for money like no other. "Customer Focus" (one of the mantras of the cult mentality) is nothing more than a cute way of saying "Let's distract the customer from the fact we are raping them for every dollar". I've seen it evidenced in hundreds of accounts I've looked at over the short time I've been there, and I doubt it will stop just because I happened to notice. I'm also painfully aware if I actually go to bat for these customers, my job will be a sacrifice to maintain this philosophy. If you actually like helping people, completely not the job for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

it's just a joke in Rockford, Illinois

85 months ago

wow, EVERYTHING you said is SO true! Worked for them for 7 years. CULT and absolutely NO loyalty to their employees. Sad because I loved the company "back when"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jane Doe in Janesville, Wisconsin

85 months ago

hey, just a joke, Im with you! I worked for them for 6.5 years before getting the axe, and I too loved the company "back in the day". When getting fired from a place is the best thing that could happen to you, and the people who still work there are jealous of you, you KNOW the company has gone downhill on a toboggan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

What job did you have?

2 jobs in Middleton, Wisconsin

85 months ago

I've been with USCC for over 7 yrs. It started as a job to pay for school, then to pay for my family. I graduated with 3 degrees, 2 on business management. Since I'm not willing to relocate my family, I have no chance in hell of making management. Two yrs ago, I was told we'd be adding a second sales manager position, and that I was top candidate. Guess what? Not only didn't happen: The area sales manager who moved our store, promised me the job: fired. I finally got fed up, got a second job. I'm working for a school that pays me $4K more than I've made the last 3 years here. I'm only sticking around to make some extra money to pay the bills that I haven't been able to pay with the USCC paychecks. Oh yeah, my sales manager: just got fired for showing up late to a Culture Survey read out meeting in Chicago. He had been with the company for only 1 1/2 years more than me. Talked to him the other day: Said I better watch myself, I'm on the chopping block next. Screw 'em I say, I've got a better job already. and I don't have to worry about getting yelled at by idiots (customers) or lectured to by idiots ( upper management).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

85 months ago

I don't know if my last comment came on., I don't like the new format much.. I worked help desk --- just a joke asked.

85 months ago

i did agent atores (AAE) bet we talked before!

85 months ago

it's just a joke in Rockford, Illinois said: i did agent atores (AAE) bet we talked before!

yep, I thought so

What a fake company! in Waukesha, Wisconsin

83 months ago

I only made it into 4 weeks of training and then I was taken into a room on a Friday (had a week left of training) and told because they thought I was not ready for calls I was terminated. And can you believe that they gave me a survey to fill out so that I could tell them how I could help them improve?!?!?!? Give me a break! They really have a lot of nerve! When I called HR Monday and wanted more of an explanation, they gave me the same excuse,no specifics. It took me 3 months from the time I was contacted for the job to actually start.
What I don't understand is if I was doing so bad, why didn't someone tell me so I could get a chance to change it? Especially because of the long hiring process it seems they would have helped the trainee's more instead of the trainers wasting alot of time telling the class about their personal life? By the way, at every review I had there was nothing but compliments on how well I was doing. Also, everyone you met had only been employed there for 2 or less years.
I am glad I do not work there any longer because the people are fake and the DO is a bunch of bull! It IS a cult. Alot of brainwashing going on! I really believe that. Also, what I noticed is that most of the people who work there are in their 20's.
You do walk around on eggshells there because everyone is listening and if and when you get on the floor for calls, and you miss one security question, there are no warnings and you wil be escorted out the door! Really sounds like they care alot about there employees huh??
Well I was there and on-time everyday and look what hapened to me?
To the people who defend US Cell, just wait and see how long they will let you work there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

your comment is right on... there may be one or 2 that have been there for years, they only stay because they are so far up the payscale they cant go anywhere else and make anywhere near the money. The 20 something thing is right on as well. There is NO doubt in my mind that I and the guy next to me was fired due to age. As for the reviews being good and suddenly you are out.. I demanded copies of EVERYTHING in my file. It wasn't till I saw it in writing that I realized what I recieved praise for from 1 coach got me written up from the next. Eggshells? oh yeah, I caught my coach, BS, actually recruiting team members to spy on me. NOpe, not joking. Congratualtions on becoming part of the DONT - US Cell at Waukesha STINKS

What a fake company! in Waukesha, Wisconsin

83 months ago

Jane Doe in Janesville, Wisconsin said: your comment is right on... there may be one or 2 that have been there for years, they only stay because they are so far up the payscale they cant go anywhere else and make anywhere near the money. The 20 something thing is right on as well. There is NO doubt in my mind that I and the guy next to me was fired due to age. As for the reviews being good and suddenly you are out.. I demanded copies of EVERYTHING in my file. It wasn't till I saw it in writing that I realized what I recieved praise for from 1 coach got me written up from the next. Eggshells? oh yeah, I caught my coach, BS, actually recruiting team members to spy on me. NOpe, not joking. Congratualtions on becoming part of the DONT - US Cell at Waukesha STINKS

Thank you for your comment. At least other people feel the same way as I do and that mades me feel so much better! Sorry you had to find out the hard way too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

well, its a shame more people on my team didn't band together to get rid of the coach who fired me. He got rid of 4 out of 12 of his team, all for trumped up reasons. He couldn't get along with the coach he sat next to, and had to move. I had one of the few decent shifts, and I knew several people wanted the hours, but NO ONE was willing to work for him. But you are right about the people who won awards being the first to go. The older gentleman who was fired just a week after me, for something he had done 3 years ago?? had won a national award called ICE just 1.5 months previous. His coach at the time had given him permission to add minutes to the account of a relative. The coach, who was a manager at the time of the firing stated he would let HR know what had happened, but couldn't really defend him, as that would cost HIM(the manager) his job. I think when you have 2 former employees from opposite ends of the labor/management spectrum as Mr. Edwards and I are saying the same types of things, just from different perspectives, it really indicates how bad things are. Whether you are an Indian or a chief, there is NO job security at all, and you spend your time living in fear. Jack Rooney and company took a small, friendly phone company where management and labor worked together, at least on a local, call center level, and turned it into a cutthroat, unethical, adversarial enviornment where everyone loses... especially the customer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C Dizzle in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

81 months ago

Wow. Just...wow. As I read Mr. Edward's comments in this and in another thread, I really don't know what else to say except that I'm shocked to hear about some of the things about this horrible company. I never thought that even U.S. Cellular would sink to such lows, but I was wrong.

Well, Michael, you did the right thing by coming forward and admitting to your wrongdoings while you were a slave to the "D.O."

The other day I was doing some last minute Christmas shopping at the mall when I saw a young woman who started working at U.S. Cellular at about the same time as I did. She told me that she actually envies me in the fact that I'm, no longer employed there. She said that between getting screamed and cursed at daily by angry and rude customers, and the constant fear of losing her job at any given moment, she has become so stressed that she feels like throwing up from the moment she pulls into the Waukesha call center parking lot each morning. She also said that there is not a day that goes by where she does not get the urge to log off the phones, get up, and walk out. She had tears in her eyes as she was telling me all this!

I learned a very valuable lesson in the short time I was employed at U.S.C.C: If something ever feels as though its too good to be true, chances are it usually is.

81 months ago

dizzle, at the help desk, one person had the same problem of feeling physically ill as soon as she hit the waukesha parking lot, and someone else at the help desk actually did log off a call and walk out. and I get comments about how lucky I am to be out of it, no matter how much I am struggling financially. I think Michael Edwards comments really confirmed what management at us cell is all about. Here's to new success in the New Year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.