Williams Lea News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Williams Lea stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

worked for them in New York, New York

85 months ago

it is a ware house of people. Most of them HATE it.
the managment staff hates it and make the people who work for them hate it.
So the clients feel the strong negative emotions that come form the people who are servicing them.

A matter of time before they lose there clients. (they already lost quite afew)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JDorian in New York, New York

79 months ago

Very true about it being a warehouse and how much the staff hating the conditions. Clients have been noticing the problems, mainly the empty promises which leave both the client and the staff feeling cheated (poor treatment of staff=disgruntled underperformance which directly impacts the clients business operations). All actions have a consequence, the compound affects of the moral depravity exhibited by those at the top will haunt Williams Lee's reputation for a long time.
Facilities management is a service industry but Williams Lee thinks it's a factory, unfortunately for them, the key to success in the service industry is with the front line workers who can choose to smile or frown depending on how they are treated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

X in New York, New York

74 months ago

Are there any areas of Williams Lea better than others on the account management side? Would be good to get feedback from someone who actually worked there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

jodi222 in ny, New York

73 months ago

Williams Lea is indeed a warehouse of fools that think they are the world leaders in all things. The attitude hurts morale amoung
all employees and yes it does transfer to the client. I see them as a flash in the pan. The new print division is a complete disaster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jodi222 in ny, New York

73 months ago

No, if you have any "out of the box" ideas you are chuckled at and then told it wont work, we know better and thats not the williams lea way.very fustrating .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

from NYC in New York, New York

68 months ago

I was recently contacted by WL in LA to test at their NY office for a job in Cleveland. <Personal info removed> "handled" me...NOT. What a joke this place is - no one could figure out how to administer the test and when I offered to come back to re-test they shrugged me off so no one would have to take responsibility for their incompetence. <Personal info removed>kept promising to restest me and re-contact me but never did. Even though I had direct dial numbers no one seems to pick up phones at WL either. I contacted HR managers and no one responded to requests to retest. Seems to be a company of managers managing managers who are paid to avoid responsibility. Maybe the company is a good stepping stone but maybe they're best avoided. Failing economy makes any potential employer look good so they have that in their favor...for the moment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

WLISAWASTE in New York, New York

65 months ago

At Williams Lea, the old boys network is clear to see. You are in or your out from the beginning so watch out if you dont party, gossip or play golf with your boss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

nyc924 in New York, New York

63 months ago

WLISAWASTE in New York, New York said: At Williams Lea, the old boys network is clear to see. You are in or your out from the beginning so watch out if you dont party, gossip or play golf with your boss.

What about at the VP level; is it still bad?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam Adams in New York, New York

61 months ago

nyc924 in New York, New York said: What about at the VP level; is it still bad?

New head of Banking is better than the others were/are. I don't know if he can really change the company but at least we can see that he is trying....time will tell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Williams Lea stack up against the competition?

The company appears to be still growing. I work in the financial services side of the company. Our new MD, Dean Graves came up through the business and knows how important it is to communicate and at least try to have his team know what's going on. I have spoken with a number of my colleagues and it is frightening to not know whats ahead but we at least believe that leadership today is better than in previous years, and they are doing their best to lead us through these times. Dean has said that the market appears to be at bottom and clients aren't talking to the extent they did about further layoffs. In his weekly calls he's quoted as stating that our volumes are showing signs of improvement so I guess that would give us some confidence. My manager attends weekly calls with Dean so we hear this second hand however, the COO and Dean conduct quarterly broadcast calls to all staff to give us a company update. Its not all bad news and the company appears in good health....just not in all divisions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

jodi222 in ny, New York said: No, if you have any "out of the box" ideas you are chuckled at and then told it wont work, we know better and thats not the williams lea way.very fustrating .

you should email Dean, the MD for BANKING. He loves ideas. What area of the business do you work in?

61 months ago

X in New York, New York said: Are there any areas of Williams Lea better than others on the account management side? Would be good to get feedback from someone who actually worked there.

Banking division is the best I've learned. It has more tools and leadership than the others.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.