Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

shponz in newtown, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I just had my first interview with ADP for an MA spot. Unfortunately I am coming from the mortgage crisis, and the feed back from someone in the office I know where I interviewed told me that the SM thought I was great guy, but felt I may have seemed too young. I'm 27 and ready to work as hard as I can. What I am afraid of is that they are going to offer me SBS instead of MA. What types of pay differences are there between SBS and MA? Also does SBS have the same type of future within the company as MA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shane Burke in Baltimore, Maryland

66 months ago

Most promotions from ADP Small Business Services will go to MA and another group called Total Source...plus National accounts.

you prove yourself on the SBS level, the door is wide open for you within the company for promotion.

interesting fact.....over 40% of our hires each year will come from promotions/transfers. that is significant, b/c people are staying with the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Meryoline Guerrero in New York, New York

65 months ago

I'm so worried. A lady called and said she would call me for a phone interview and she never called. Do you think she could have changed her mind?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

it doesn't work that way....call her back and see what happened.

Shane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sullivan in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

65 months ago

Hi Shane, Can you point me in the right direction to track down the ADP sales recruiter in NH? Thanks for your help

65 months ago

You were right! She was just sick. My phone interview is today and I am beyond nervous. i never wanted to work for a company more than this one. How would I know if I might be up for another interview? Will she tell me today?

65 months ago

Meryoline,

Essentially you are talking to someone in my role. I would do just that, talk!
If you have questions ask them.

be prepared for the job you are interviewing for, and take advantage of researching ADP on-line.

other than that, good luck

Shane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Shane,

She didn't call today either. I'm really worried now.

Meryoline

65 months ago

Shane,

Can you please advise me as to what I should do next. She never called me, and would really like the opportunity to speak to someone. Maybe find out if she's just been out the office or given up on the phone interview altogether. Please help!!!

Thank you,

MerJ

65 months ago

Meryoline,

call and find out what happened. You had a phone interview scheduled, you are not out of line to follow up and see what is happening with your application.

65 months ago

sullivan in Portsmouth, New Hampshire said: Hi Shane, Can you point me in the right direction to track down the ADP sales recruiter in NH? Thanks for your help

I do not want to give out contact info over this forum. If you are interested in a Sales role, please go to ADP.com and apply for an opening. Just make sure to list Indeed.com as the source.

good luck!

Shane

Avis2972 in Allentown, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Meryoline Guerrero in New York, New York said: I'm so worried. A lady called and said she would call me for a phone interview and she never called. Do you think she could have changed her mind?

Meryoline,

I live in Allentown, PA where ADP has a big call center/operation center. Around here, as in all around the country, ADP is a mixed bag to most people- some love it and some hate it! Despite hearing lots of conflicting things about the company I wanted to see for myself and was fortunate enough to land an interview. My interview was exactly 4 days ago. The people I met with (just 2 of them..usually you meet with 3 different people from different departments) seemed very nice and felt both interviews went well- sort of hit it off with both interviewers and felt I made my case why they should hire me! I believe I did everything I had to do, i.e dressed nice, made eye contact throughout interview, stated my background and sales skills quite well and added a human touch to the whole process. Having said that I don't get the feeling I'll be working for ADP any time soon.

At the end of the interview process I felt I was on a roll until the last interviewer asked the receptionist if "there was somebody else that wanted to see me"..the lady said "no." This is when I knew somewhere during both interviews I must have said something that did not sit well with them, or perhaps I seemed to eager while making my case; or perhaps overqualification may have to do with it. You see, I have an extensive Sales background, hold a B.A in Business Administration, Bilingual and earned almost $70,000 last year. I don't know..I may be speculating, but I feel those attributes may have worked against me.

Having said all that I won't feel at a loss if they don't call back. I feel the more I learn about this company, the more I feel that it's just not for me. I won't step on anybody in order to get ahead, nor will I sell my soul for the sake of advancement!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Thank you so much for your advice. She id call me and assured me that she was just not feeling well. To be honest, I know that there a millions of good jobs out there, but I've been aspiring to work with this company since before going to college. I knew all about ADP since High School when they came in for carrer day. I fell in love with the company and knew it was what I wanted to do. I'm hoping for the best and I think I'll be highly dissappointed if I don't at least get a chance to tell them all of this. My phone interview is scheduled for Monday 11AM.... I'll be praying till then.

64 months ago

Meryoline Guerrero in New York, New York said: Thank you so much for your advice. She id call me and assured me that she was just not feeling well. To be honest, I know that there a millions of good jobs out there, but I've been aspiring to work with this company since before going to college. I knew all about ADP since High School when they came in for carrer day. I fell in love with the company and knew it was what I wanted to do. I'm hoping for the best and I think I'll be highly dissappointed if I don't at least get a chance to tell them all of this. My phone interview is scheduled for Monday 11AM.... I'll be praying till then.

Hey,

I got your reply...I hope everything went well for you! Well, today would be the 3rd business day for me after my initial interview- I don't know, I just don't think I'll be getting a call back. It isn't anything I did or did not do, maybe I'm just not what they're looking for and that's perfectly understandable. Sometimes we may feel like we'd be a good fit for certain companies and situations, but the other side may not see it that way- it's human nature!

I truly wish you all the best! It seems you'd be an awesome fit for this company and they'd be lucky to have you.

64 months ago

Thank you. I wish the best for you too. I went for my first face to face interview today and it went OK I guess. Now, I just have to sit sand wait and hope for the best. Good Luck you too.

JMarsh in Winter Springs, Florida

64 months ago

Shane - I recieved an email from a recruiter regarding an open MA position in Orlando. I responded promptly forwarding the information requested. A few days later the recruiter called me and I was in a meeting. I returned the call later that same day. I didn't hear back and called again on Monday to follow up and also followed up via email. This recruiter hasn't called me back. Is this normal practice? How should I proceed?

64 months ago

JMarsh in Winter Springs, Florida said: Shane - I recieved an email from a recruiter regarding an open MA position in Orlando. I responded promptly forwarding the information requested. A few days later the recruiter called me and I was in a meeting. I returned the call later that same day. I didn't hear back and called again on Monday to follow up and also followed up via email. This recruiter hasn't called me back. Is this normal practice? How should I proceed?

I can't speak for others, but my experience with these people has been- if they do not call you back within a couple of days, then you did not meet their requirements or fit into their mold!! I've never known a company to be so selective, yet so poorly regarded by others.

A poster asked the following question about ADP on another site: Why does ADP have a high turnover rate? Why are they always hiring? What's with the constant bombardment of "help wanted" ads all over the web...including temp agencies? Does the company have this many openings, or are people either shown the door to soon or they just up and leave once they realize they're back in H.S? Anyway, I don't know. Good luck with your search. There are some great jobs out there who'll be eager to welcome you to their team...this is not the end of the world!

64 months ago

JMarsh in Winter Springs, Florida said: Shane - I recieved an email from a recruiter regarding an open MA position in Orlando. I responded promptly forwarding the information requested. A few days later the recruiter called me and I was in a meeting. I returned the call later that same day. I didn't hear back and called again on Monday to follow up and also followed up via email. This recruiter hasn't called me back. Is this normal practice? How should I proceed?

Not the normal process at all. It doesn't make it right, but sometimes recruiters get bombarded with volume. I would remain patient and still try to pursue your contact to at least get some closure.

keep it professional, and show patience, as getting through the process will only be strengthened on building a strong relationship with your recruiter.

Good Luck

Shane

jrcraig in New York, New York

38 months ago

Does ADP do a drug screening test?

marissa yonover in WPB, Florida

38 months ago

Yes-We do both a drug screen and a background check

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.