Everything ADP...forum being run by current ADP Recruiters...Please stop in!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Shane Burke in Port Jefferson Station, New York

35 months ago

Welcome all. Please share your thoughts, questions, and comments about ADP in this group. We will have ADP recruiters assist in helping the public understand how our processes work.

We are here to help with everthing that is ADP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kenji Tomohiro in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

Shane and Yvette, thank you for constructing this thread. I think this is a much more constructive way to answer questions.

That said, I am applying for a 38K+commission SBS position in los angeles.
- I've made it to the ride along. What should I be prepared for in upcoming interviews? What are some of the brownie points and pitfalls I should be aware of?

- What does ADP think of salary negotiation? Currently I am in a position where I make at least 50K. I'd like to see if I can bump my base salary up to 45K. Will tactfully asking for a higher base influence my hireability? Is that a reasonable amount to ask for (7K more)?

- Also, I'm not quite sure I want to start right away. Therefore, the waiting 15-30 days works in my favor. How do I ask to delay my start date without them thinking less of me.

All of these questions are contingent that I get hired first. :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Kenji Tomohiro in Los Angeles, California said: Shane and Yvette, thank you for constructing this thread. I think this is a much more constructive way to answer questions.

That said, I am applying for a 38K+commission SBS position in los angeles.
- I've made it to the ride along. What should I be prepared for in upcoming interviews? What are some of the brownie points and pitfalls I should be aware of?

- What does ADP think of salary negotiation? Currently I am in a position where I make at least 50K. I'd like to see if I can bump my base salary up to 45K. Will tactfully asking for a higher base influence my hireability? Is that a reasonable amount to ask for (7K more)?

- Also, I'm not quite sure I want to start right away. Therefore, the waiting 15-30 days works in my favor. How do I ask to delay my start date without them thinking less of me.

All of these questions are contingent that I get hired first. :P

Kenji, good to hear you are being considered for employment here at ADP. Great questions and I think you should understand those are best for the recruiter you are working with.

There are allot of factors that have to be taken into consideration, your recruiter is best equipped to field those questions. And most importantly that is what we are here to do.

Keep in mind, with commissions, your total income would be higher here at ADP when you hit your quota compared to your current earnings.
Additionally you will have opportunities within our current comp package to increase your base salary during the first year. (based off of your performance)

If you have legit reasons for delaying a start date, we understand.

It's all about communicating with your recruiter during this whole process. Your contact can go into further detail on the points I brought up.

Thanks and I hope this puts you in the right direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kenji Tomohiro in Los Angeles, California

35 months ago

Shane Burke in Port Jefferson Station, New York said: Kenji, good to hear you are being considered for employment here at ADP. Great questions and I think you should understand those are best for the recruiter you are working with.

There are allot of factors that have to be taken into consideration, your recruiter is best equipped to field those questions. And most importantly that is what we are here to do.

Keep in mind, with commissions, your total income would be higher here at ADP when you hit your quota compared to your current earnings.
Additionally you will have opportunities within our current comp package to increase your base salary during the first year. (based off of your performance)

If you have legit reasons for delaying a start date, we understand.

It's all about communicating with your recruiter during this whole process. Your contact can go into further detail on the points I brought up.

Thanks and I hope this puts you in the right direction.

Shane, thanks for the response. As I browse these threads, I'm impressed with how you're able to get back to almost everyone. That said, do you know what I should expect for the presentation? I'm positive I can nail the ride along portion of the interview. What sales steps should I use with the presentation? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mav11e in Irving, Texas

34 months ago

I met an Account Relationships Manager who is currently working at ADP. This person has helped me by personally submitting my resume to the recruiting team. I am applying for an SBS Sales Rep position. I was told i should expect a call to set up a time for an interview next week.

What should i expect from this call? Is it just to set up time or should i be prepared to demonstrate skills?

Do my chances of being hired increase substantially because i have been referred by a manager inside ADP?

Kaleysmom71 in Seattle, Washington

32 months ago

Hi there,

I used to work for ADP in Miami about 8 years ago. I had to leave when my husband joined the Army. Since my kids are now school age, I would love to get back into working at ADP. It's an excellent company to work for. We are still in the Army, but I'm told that ADP does more homeshoring now within Implementation, which would allow to me to work out of my home but still stay with the company whenever we move. Where should I start as far as which job titles to apply for?

D. Erik in Charlotte, North Carolina

32 months ago

Hi Shane,

I replied to you in another thread, but would love a response here, or an e-mail. I'm a few interviews in for a mid level position at ADP Total Source (Territory Sales), just had my role play today and was sick, I still did ok on it, and now the hiring Manager wants me to call in this week as if I was setting an appointment with a CEO and try to set an appointment. If I do well, I'll get the ride along. If you could shoot me an e-mail, or if you have any ideas on how to call in, what I should or should not do. They said they may or may not answer when I call. I have years of sales experience but want to knock this dead as I know I was less than stellar with my last interview.

Thanks, or e-mail me anytime-Erik198226@yahoo.com

Thanks again-

Erik

32 months ago

D. Erik in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hi Shane,

I replied to you in another thread, but would love a response here, or an e-mail. I'm a few interviews in for a mid level position at ADP Total Source (Territory Sales), just had my role play today and was sick, I still did ok on it, and now the hiring Manager wants me to call in this week as if I was setting an appointment with a CEO and try to set an appointment. If I do well, I'll get the ride along. If you could shoot me an e-mail, or if you have any ideas on how to call in, what I should or should not do. They said they may or may not answer when I call. I have years of sales experience but want to knock this dead as I know I was less than stellar with my last interview.

Thanks, or e-mail me anytime-Erik198226@yahoo.com

Thanks again-

Erik

Erik,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you were not at your best for the roll play. At least it sounds like they are giving you another shot, so it couldn't have been that bad :-)

Either way, I recommend contacting the recruiter you originally spoke with and ask those same questions.

She/He will be better equipped to handle what you are looking for.

I already reached out to my colleague that covers your area in North Carolina to see if she could help you.

We have your e-mail address and hopefully we can get you some feedback to help.

Please keep our forum posted on how you make out.

Regards

Shane

Ryan in Portland, Oregon

31 months ago

Hey Shane,

I have read that ADP is a good place to work, and also see that they hire frequently in my area.

I have submitted my application for a handful of support and customer service positions. I know that I would be very successful in these roles. While I don't have a lot of directly related experience, I do have a high level of education and experience that would make me very valuable to ADP.

Do you have any suggestions for me in networking locally? Unfortunately, so far the process has all been online and impersonal. Are there ways for me to talk to someone about the position? Any other help you could give me?

If you would like to contact me directly, that would be great.

Thanks,

Ryan

31 months ago

Shane,

I ended up calling back, early in the morning, and left a VM. As I would for a Decision Maker. I never heard back, and after you replied to me I never heard back from my recruiter except them telling me they would call on Wed at 5:30, and they never called. I'm guessing I didn't move forward, but the whole process was fun but without any feedback from the recruiter, no calls, no nothing. I'd e-mail her or call her and ask for a response, and I'd get nothing, not even after I followed up after an interview. It made interviewing much harder, as I felt I was going in blind.

Thanks for your help though!

Erik

Florida Sunshine in Palm City, Florida

31 months ago

I was recently contacted by a recruiter in regards to a position with ADP. I was wondering what the process was, as I did the phone interview on Friday.

After reading up on ADP's products and company benefits I am very interested, but worried about my phone interview (due to time away from the Corp world). I have taken some time off work due to having had a child and am worried that it will affect me negatively since I am not currently employed.

Does everyone get a face to face interview? I normally interview well face to face and have no problem articulating my strengths. Can you give me any pointers on the whole interview process?

31 months ago

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail. If it's the person I spoke with, I'd be very hesitant about moving forward or being moved forward, or jut plain never hearing from her.....

shoot me an e-mail if you would like erik198226 at yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Florida Sunshine in Palm City, Florida

31 months ago

D. Erik in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Feel free to shoot me an e-mail. If it's the person I spoke with, I'd be very hesitant about moving forward or being moved forward, or jut plain never hearing from her.....

shoot me an e-mail if you would like erik198226 at yahoo.com

Hey Eric I just emailed you in response to your reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shawna Smith in Compton, California

31 months ago

Shane,

Does ADP let associates purhcase ADP stocks at discounted price?

Shawna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wsuzanne in San Diego, California

30 months ago

Hi Shane and fellow ADP forum users,

I am a recent college graduate living in San Diego and I've been working my tail off to try to break into the sales industry. Prior to going back to school I have unofficial sales experience such as retail, bartending, and cold calling to help build a now successful chiropractic clinic. I don't have the B2B sales experience that all sales jobs require however I am confident I have the skill set and confidence to be a successful saleswoman. ADP has a really great reputation as an excellent company to work for in sales and I have been striving to get in. Realizing that I have to prove my "natural talent" in my situation, I am trying to find other angles to get in other than my already submitted online application. I am writing to find out if anyone knows of the ADP sales manager or sales recruiter for the San Diego area? Or if anyone knows of a temp agency they might be hiring though. If anybody has any information I would really appreciate it!

Also I have to say I am a new user to Indeed forums and I am very impressed (for the most part) with the professionalism and people's willingness to help each other out!

Thanks!

W

30 months ago

Shawna Smith in Compton, California said: Shane,

Does ADP let associates purhcase ADP stocks at discounted price?

Shawna

Yes ADP does offer a discount on Stock Purchase. You are allowed to elect how much of your pre tax income can towards stock purchase.

Details of this will be available when you are hired on full time.

thanks

30 months ago

Wsuzanne in San Diego, California said: Hi Shane and fellow ADP forum users,

I am a recent college graduate living in San Diego and I've been working my tail off to try to break into the sales industry. Prior to going back to school I have unofficial sales experience such as retail, bartending, and cold calling to help build a now successful chiropractic clinic. I don't have the B2B sales experience that all sales jobs require however I am confident I have the skill set and confidence to be a successful saleswoman. ADP has a really great reputation as an excellent company to work for in sales and I have been striving to get in. Realizing that I have to prove my "natural talent" in my situation, I am trying to find other angles to get in other than my already submitted online application. I am writing to find out if anyone knows of the ADP sales manager or sales recruiter for the San Diego area? Or if anyone knows of a temp agency they might be hiring though. If anybody has any information I would really appreciate it!

Also I have to say I am a new user to Indeed forums and I am very impressed (for the most part) with the professionalism and people's willingness to help each other out!

Thanks!

W

W ~

please send me your e-mail address. I will e-mail you off of this forum and get your resume to the appropiate contact.

If you haven't alrady, please go to www.adp.com and click on careers.

thanks

Shane

djkev in Santa Clarita, California

30 months ago

I'm in the interview process and heard that ADP does a through background check. Do they check education? I listed that I went to college but didn't disclose that I didn't graduate. Will this be an issue? I have my first face to face interview tomorrow and don't know if I should be bringing this up or how to disclose it without ruining my chances.

Wsuzanne in San Diego, California

30 months ago

Thanks Shane! I have applied online, just trying to be proactive as well. My email is wendy.eick@gmail.com. I appreciate your help!

W

30 months ago

djkev in Santa Clarita, California said: I'm in the interview process and heard that ADP does a through background check. Do they check education? I listed that I went to college but didn't disclose that I didn't graduate. Will this be an issue? I have my first face to face interview tomorrow and don't know if I should be bringing this up or how to disclose it without ruining my chances.

Make sure your recruiter knows the truth. Some hiring manager will only interview folks with a college degree.
If you listed that you graduated on your application, request the recruiter to allow you to update and correct.

ADP will verify your degree.

thanks and good luck

DetTigers2011 in Westland, Michigan

30 months ago

I applied to ADP and went through the whole interview process. After my role play interview, I was confident I had the job. I got the rejection letter on Tuesday and talked to the recruiter.

They said "I was too aggressive in my sales approach and had too much energy"...

I thought that was what they were looking for... It was for SBS outside sales.

TGPII in Orland Park, Illinois

30 months ago

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been in contact earlier this month with Automatic Data Processing(ADP). To date I have not heard from your office. I would like to confirm receipt of my application and reiterate my interest in the full time career opportunity. The position I applied to was Production Representative (Requisition number: MAS35036) in Elk Grove Village, IL.

I am very interested in working at your organization and I believe my skills and experience would be an ideal match for this position. I was refereed to your company and this position by Maureen Diskin who works at ADP Major Accounts HR and Benefits Service Center.

If necessary, I would be glad to resend my application materials or to provide any further information you might need regarding my candidacy. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tom P.
Online Resume: www.resumebucket.com/tgpii
www.esgr.com

TGPII in Orland Park, Illinois

30 months ago

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been in contact earlier this month with Automatic Data Processing(ADP). To date I have not heard from your office. I would like to confirm receipt of my application and reiterate my interest in the full time career opportunity. The position I applied to was Production Representative (Requisition number: MAS35036) in Elk Grove Village, IL.

I am very interested in working at your organization and I believe my skills and experience would be an ideal match for this position. I was refereed to your company and this position by Maureen Diskin who works at ADP Major Accounts HR and Benefits Service Center.

If necessary, I would be glad to resend my application materials or to provide any further information you might need regarding my candidacy. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tom P.

Email: tgpii@yahoo.com
Online Resume: www.resumebucket.com/tgpii
www.esgr.com

Billie ADP Recruiter in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

Hello Tom!
Sorry for the delayed response. I am an internal recruiter with ADP. You should be receiving communication from ADP Careers to the email address in our system on updates regarding your status. As of now, it does not seem like the position is still currently open. I would highly suggest continuing to visit the website for additional opportunities in your area.

Brian in Conyers, Georgia

24 months ago

I have applied several times online and no response. I have over ten years experience in dealerships and interested in implementation. Any advise?

JR buddy in Irving, California

20 months ago

fr

20 months ago

I have a question about the bg check.

20 months ago

I put one of my time of employment from 05 06, it was actually 04 05. Will this cause me to not get the job?

20 months ago

I by mistake put one of my time of employment for my bg check from 05 06, it was actually 04 05. Will this cause me to not get the job?

20 months ago

Shane Burke in Port Jefferson Station, New York said: Welcome all. Please share your thoughts, questions, and comments about ADP in this group. We will have ADP recruiters assist in helping the public understand how our processes work.

We are here to help with everthing that is ADP.

I by mistake put one of my time of employment for my bg check from 05 06, it was actually 04 05. Will this cause me to not get the job?

Rob in El Paso, Texas

19 months ago

Dear Shane,

I've been recommended for a handful of positions for ADP in the El Paso area by a friend that is currently employed there - It's roughly been well over 14 days since I started to send him job postings I found in ADP's website for which I'm well qualified for them and yet I am yet to hear back from anybody at ADP for any of the positions I applied. What's the normal response time from a recruiter for a position, I've heard is lengthy but more than 14 - 20 days without any type of contact?

R.D. in Sparta, New Jersey

18 months ago

Hi Shane and Yvette,
I am waiting to hear on a final decision for a Communications job in the Florham Park office. I was told that they were down to two final candidates, me being one of them. I was asked to perform a real time task the day after in person interview so they could get a sense of my style and ability. I did receive an update from the recruiter two days ago advising that a final decision has not yet been made. In your experience, what has the average turnaround time been for evaluating a candidates samples? I am really keen to land this job and am struggling with being patient :)
R.D.

andym in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Recruiters,

I got a phone call earlier this week, like on Tuesday from a recruiter and he left a vm for a field technician position. I have left two voice mailsand I have yet to hear back from him. Do recruiters quickly move on to other candidates if you don't reply back to them in a certain amount of time? What do you recommend I do, as I am not sure why he is not answering his phone.

Job Seeker in El Paso, Texas

18 months ago

Hi Andym,

I'm not a recruiter but 2 weeks ago I went through the same - I played tag with the recruiter for 2 days, this is what I did and worked out:

1 - Call him/her and leave a voicemail
2 - Find the recruiter's email address ( it's usually publicly listed if you google the format name.lastname@adp.com)

He/she should get back to you through e-mail or by phone, if you were called by the recruiter it means your resume has something that caught their attention so I doubt they will move on immediately after not being able to get in contact with you.

Hope it helps

p.s. I got an offer and start soon , so it worked..

andym in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Recruiters,

I got a phone call earlier this week, like on Tuesday from a recruiter and he left a vm for a field technician position. I have left two voice mailsand I have yet to hear back from him. Do recruiters quickly move on to other candidates if you don't reply back to them in a certain amount of time? What do you recommend I do, as I am not sure why he is not answering his phone.

Andy M. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Thank you, I will try to email him, I just find it strange that he hasn't tried to return the 2 vms Ive left for him already.

Job Seeker in El Paso, Texas

18 months ago

My recruiter did not return my 1st voicemail, of course leaving 2 voicemails in the same day might not be a good idea , if you already tried him/her today via phone, don't call anymore for today just send an email - you don't want to sound so desperate.. just my 2 cents. I wish you the best of luck I'm still going through the background process and even though I already got the offer it's still a stressing time so I understand what you're going through - I wish you the best of luck.

Andy M. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Oh, I left the vmail on wednesday and I left one yesterday. I understand what you are saying thouugh. I did call several times since tuesday though hoping to get through to him. I guess I didnt expect it to be so difficult to get a hold of him. For all I know, I may of scared him off with the phone calls already lol Thanks for the advice!

arasja in Cordova, Tennessee

14 months ago

Hello! I applied with ADP few days ago. I had an initial screening interview with the first recruiter and after I spoke with her for about half hour she said Ill be having my next phone interview with another recruiter. I interviewed with the second recruiter and I strongly believe all went well. She told me Id hear back the latest by monday to see if I can move forward with a face to face interview or not. It is tuesday and I still haven't heard from ADP. Should I wait another day or so to get an answer (positive or negative) or should I go ahead and move forward with another company's offer. I really saw myself more suitable working for ADP. I'd really appreciate your feedback on this matter.
Arasja

beginagainla in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

How long does your background check unit generally take to run a check on public utility candidates in California?

Sh in Woodbridge, New Jersey

13 months ago

Hi Shane,

I was been referred by one of the ADP associate for one of the positions in information technology. Next day I got call from ADP's recruiter and she set up an face to face interview. Interview went really good. Next day i got the verbal offer. I accepted the verbal offer and the recruiter said i will have to go through the background check. I said i am ready and submitted all papers for background check. During all this i kept forgetting to let them know about my upcoming vacation which is after a month and half from now. I emailed the recruiter about this and there was no reply. So i called and left the VM. Recruiter then emailed me and said i have emailed the hiring manager about this and she is waiting to hear back from him. Now its been a week there is no action. I just then touch based yesterday with the recruiter regarding how long the background process would take? By now i have not received any reply on my sent email. i am worried now, i really want this job as its a perfect match for me. Have they dropped me due the upcoming vacation that i have?

13 months ago

People go on vacations, don't worry about that. You did the right thing by letting your recruiter know.

Have you been getting contacted or emails about your background check, etc?
if so, let it play out and in due time you can remind your manager to be of the vacation.

Have you tried contacting your new manager yet? I would contact that person directly if you are not getting a response from the recruiter.

congrats on working with ADP, look forward to you coming aboard the team!

Shane

Sh in Woodbridge, New Jersey

13 months ago

Shane Burke in Port Jefferson Station, New York said: People go on vacations, don't worry about that. You did the right thing by letting your recruiter know.

Have you been getting contacted or emails about your background check, etc?
if so, let it play out and in due time you can remind your manager to be of the vacation.

Have you tried contacting your new manager yet? I would contact that person directly if you are not getting a response from the recruiter.

congrats on working with ADP, look forward to you coming aboard the team!

Shane

Hey Shane,

Thanks much for your reply.
It was difficult to struggle with that patience and that made me post on this tempting forum.
In fact after i posted this yesterday, i received an email with conditional offer letter, accepted that and now the other recruiter has contacted me for commencing the background check. They said its gonna be the advance background check and will take 3 weeks. Does that really goes on for 3 weeks ?
I have not contacted the hiring manager yet as i do not have his contact details. Do i contact the other recruiter who is in touch with me now or i should contact the hiring manager?

13 months ago

Sh in Woodbridge, New Jersey said: Hey Shane,

Thanks much for your reply.
It was difficult to struggle with that patience and that made me post on this tempting forum.
In fact after i posted this yesterday, i received an email with conditional offer letter, accepted that and now the other recruiter has contacted me for commencing the background check. They said its gonna be the advance background check and will take 3 weeks. Does that really goes on for 3 weeks ?
I have not contacted the hiring manager yet as i do not have his contact details. Do i contact the other recruiter who is in touch with me now or i should contact the hiring manager?

It could take that long for a backgound check, time will tell. You are under way, continue to work with your staffing coordinator and recruiter.

As far as your vacation goes, make sure you at least have an email that shows you brought it up already.

Just continue to follow the onboarding process and it will all work out.

Shane

Shriya Shetye in Edison, New Jersey

13 months ago

I am currently working for a company and have a contract with them with a clause "covenants" which says non-compete;non-disparagement;non-solicitation: i acknowledge and agree that the company's customers and potential customers are worldwide and that the company's market for selling its products and services is globe in scope. Therefore during my employment with company and for one (1) year thereafter, I agree not to, directly or indirectly on my own behalf or as a partner, affiliate, officer, director, stockholder, principal, owner, employee, agent or consultant of any other person or entity (a) interfere with the business of company by suggesting to, inducing or persuading any customer or supplier to discontinue his or its business relationship with the company; (b) engage, within the united state, in any capacity similar to that of the job description attached to this agreement(or any future job description you have with the company) for endeavor, activity or business that provides talent management software or services (i.e.,candidate management, employee management, or subset thereof), such as xxx xxx xxx xxx (d) solicit, hire, induce, persuade, or aid or cooperate with others in soliciting, hiring, inducing, or persuading any employee or consultant of the company to leave the employ of the company. If in any judicial proceeding, a court shall refuse to enforce the covenant not to compete shall be deemed eliminated, but only to the extent of its unenforceability; and the remaining portion of the covenant shall be limited so that it is enforceable for the purpose of those proceedings to the extent necessary to permit the remaining portion of the covenant to be enforced
Xxxxxx - company names of competitors, but ADP IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE LIST.
I have received an offer from ADP and above is the clause in my contract. I found this after i accepted the conditional offer from ADP. I would like to know if ADP would have any problems hiring me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

My advice is not fact, nor is it ADP's legal decision that you are fine or not. But if the clause list specific companies that you can not work at, and ADP is not 1 of them, then you should be fine.

I would reccomend you disclose this with your recruiter here at ADP to confirm.

Yvette Giannelli in Roseland, New Jersey

12 months ago

Thank you all for your thoughts, comments, questions about ADP in this group! I am leaving the group, however, Shane will continue to keep the discussions going.

Thank you!

bill in Posen, Illinois

12 months ago

when does ADP pay there employees weekly or bi-weekly ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Kingstree, South Carolina

11 months ago

I applied for jobs at ado in the Florence sc area no one never contact me I applied for serverl positions

Ronald Gaines in Los Angeles, California

11 months ago

What about leave schedule in ADP?

anonymous in El Paso, Texas

10 months ago

Does ADP honor the 2 week notice prior to resigning? or would they let go of the employee the same day he/she gives the 2 week notice?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.