Working at Aflac

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1390)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

J in Cincinnati, Ohio

85 months ago

two words flim flam, if you want to "work for the" you had better just bring $600 for all the fees and classes and ****. they dont tell you this on the phone but they will not even touch you til you pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (441) / No (316) Reply - Report abuse

V in Atlanta,Ga. in Norcross, Georgia

84 months ago

My son work for Aflac and when he finally landed a big account, $200,000 in commissions and future residuals,his bosses delayed closing the deal for about two weeks.My son pleaded with his regional manager to help him finalize the deal. Another regional manager accidently landed this account in that two week time frame.AFLAC can take thier duck and put it where the sun does not shine. They are a great company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (765) / No (385) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Mount Airy, Maryland

82 months ago

golittleperson in Madison, North Carolina said: I have been working for this company for about a year. I had to obtain my state license and that was under $300. for the class and state fees. This would be necessary to work for ANY insurance co. The only money I spent was $38. for my business card in the first four months. I have since spent several thousand by choice as I am in business for myself. There was no charge for classes or literature. You have to understand that you are starting a business - not just getting a job.

Hi - -I am considering joining AFLAC Sales and was wondering if those of you who replied to this board in the last few months would care to comment on your how the job has been working out for you. I have no problem paying for my insurance license, it goes with the job.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (367) / No (122) Reply - Report abuse

corp America bs in Riverview, Florida

81 months ago

AFLAC IS A CROOKED COMPANY! I WORKED THERE, I KNOW!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (276) / No (272) Reply - Report abuse

Mario in Tracy, California

81 months ago

EVER THOUGHT EVER WONDERED

* Where will I be five years from now if I remain in my current position?
* Will I attain the financial security I need (or that my family needs)?
* Do I really enjoy my current occupation and lifestyle?
* Have I ever considered being my own boss?
* Would I like the opportunity to earn a substantial income?

AFLAC HAS THE ANSWERS!

* National TV and print advertising
* An outstanding compensation package where YOU control how much you earn
* Potential annual increases (renewals) of $5,000 $10,000+
* Exciting incentives and a stock bonus plan
* Over 370,000 established payroll accounts nationwide

this is what they put on the job search ad, notice anything?
all it does is ask you if your happy with ur life,
and it doesn't say a thing about the job description itself.. caz they don't want you to know what the job is about!
all their doing is try to fish unhappy losers, brainwash them to be happy and proud by using words like "be your own business" or "your a professional entrepreneur", or "make residual income" "be rich and retire early" "financial security".. etc full of craps.

They cost you the 300$ just so they can get some money out of you.. not to license you, wake up, 90% of ppl who works for these pyramid skeep jobs quits, and company still keeps all the money they pay to join, so who makes the good money? most likely not you..

and people who posts all these great things about the company is 99.9% written by workers. they just want to give out good reputation, not only trying to be proud but also so that people possibly joins you.. and you make the money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (199) / No (273) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I apologize for any possible misunderstanding of the company, but it's just that Ive almost joined a pyramid job before, and the way they describe everything, the way they try to make you join is 'exactly' the same so I thought it was just funny. I will swear to you though that one of my friend introduced me to this one company called E***, it was totally a pyramid job, and the words they use, is just exactly the same..

"own your own business", "residual income", "dress professional" etc.

they use the term "your own business" as an excuse for making you pay for expenses, and call it an "investment".

and I believe they won't provide any aid for selling insurance policy, you just have to randomly search people to buy your policy, it will be hard and they will just say "it's never easy to own your own business", when in fact they just don't give a **.

and one thing.. "owning a business" by yourself is 100 times harder than what they think, there must be a business plan, along with good amount of capital money, and lots of hard work.
the only one that actually owns the business is the very top person of this company.. he came up with all the system structures and everything else to run the company. Im seriously telling you.. the job is not "owning a business" nor "entrepreneurs" job.. they tell u all those crap to make you feel falsely proud.

final decision is yours to make.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (176) / No (146) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

not to mention that
if your seriously considering yourself working there,
just ask yourself one question,

why is there even a debate online for this company,
weather to work for them or not?

do you find similar websites like this for any other type of job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (147) / No (153) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Springfield, Missouri

81 months ago

Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just stressing out here lately and I feel as though I might have taken it out on people's opinions from this forum....Please accept my apology and for my case I sure hope you're wrong about AFLAC. I also want to say thanks to everyone for their input. God bless the U.S.A.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (60) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Best of luck to u Rich,
work is something not many enjoys, and it sux one way or another for everybody.. like me, everywhere I worked for, I could list a myriad of complaints.

I know wa-lmart etc is on this web but not as "**** is scam!"
so I just thought that's something to look at.. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (75) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Kansas City, Missouri

81 months ago

Scott in Lake Charles, Louisiana said: Aflac is not hiring you to work for them, they are recruiting you to work for yourself. There is no other career where you can grow a $1,000,000 business and only cost you $600 for the license and testing fees.

I just retired from Aflac after 16 years; when I started there was ZERO training. I got out there and made appointments, sold a need and the employer liked it. Aflac associates do not sell a product that a person: 1. Can't afford 2. Doesn't need 3. Doesn't want

If you just get out and WORK SMART you will be successful. It may not happen the 1st year, it may not happen the 2nd year but you will be very successful and VERY BLESSED.

if your white

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (238) Reply - Report abuse

ex aflac rep in Duluth, Georgia

81 months ago

Terry in Campbellsville, Kentucky said: Hey Woody, I appreciate your comments. I am going to my second interview tomorrow and wanted to know any additional information you may have. You don't sound too happy with the company, but you are still there. How good of a first year did you have? And how long before you started getting paid.

Former Rep I wish someone had been more open with expectations& results so here are somethings to consider 95% of agent quit in 2/3 years. Avg ins rep makes 17-25k.

1. Keep your day job!!-commission only, most of the people who make have other means of support. If you stress about bills they can tell & you wont sell.

2. Make sure you get a GREAT Manager. Make sure he had personal success.(have him show you his commission checks) I learn later that although he say he made 100k plus - he had be evicted from is RENTED home. Drove
old car-not by choice-is still renting today.
3. You must LOVE LOVE Cold CAlling and/or be a marketing pro to make it.
4. Their training is lacking. Your mgr may have a good pitch-have him present to you then think to yourself if you were a busy business owner would you sign up.
5.There are no Protected Territories so you will have competition from other Aflac agent in you own office & others not to mention other companies. (many time prospect will tell a rep was just there or to put them on a list not cold call again)
6. You will Get CHARGEBACKs- they tell different but don't believe it! People get fired & quit & don't take it coverage with them and you get charged back the commission you made.
7. As the industry goes the commission is low. e.g sell 1 life ins product& make $500 or more. You need 15-20 or more policies to come close to that. (35% you get 65% of that advanced)
8. Alot of work!Alot prospecting&presenting& servicing accounts & individual calling for simple things. Billing issues. people still dont know what aflac is or does.
just a heads up. hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (342) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

ex aflac rep in Duluth, Georgia

81 months ago

mike in Kansas City, Missouri said: if your white

soooo True!!

people may need it but they don't think they do they think it"extra" so it the first thing that they stop paying when thing like ooo gas prices go up. And you get slapped with chargebacks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

jenn in Grand Rapids, Michigan

81 months ago

J in Cincinnati, Ohio said: two words flim flam, if you want to "work for the" you had better just bring $600 for all the fees and classes and ****. they dont tell you this on the phone but they will not even touch you til you pay.

maybe in your state the guidelines are different , but if you did some research, there is no way you would pay more than 95 dollars for the course, and it isn't an AFLAC course, it is your state insurance license. . . . I suggest you know what you are talking about before you speak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

jenn in Grand Rapids, Michigan

81 months ago

This whole blog is ridiculous, aflac is just like any other insurance company when it comes to the "industry" YES you have to get a license YES every agent whether your in real estate or insurance, has to get one ... it has nothing to do with scams! If you want to gossip, gossip about your own industry that you actually know something about . . .I love my job at AFLAC . . . I have had wonderful experiences together with policyholders and their families in their time of need, and it is nice to know that I can lend them a helping hand

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (222) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Rutherford, New Jersey

81 months ago

It's way harder than they make it out to be! There is no assigned territory and no "leads" as promised. Definitely money to be made, but not the most professional organization that I have worked for. I am sorry that I made the investment in the time, training, and laptop computer. That doesn't mean it's not for everyone, it just was not for me -- cold, hard, knocking on doors, SALES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (120) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Rutherford, New Jersey

81 months ago

It's way harder than they make it out to be! There is no assigned territory and no "leads" as promised. Definitely money to be made, but not the most professional organization that I have worked for. I am sorry that I made the investment in the time, training, and laptop computer. That doesn't mean it's not for everyone, it just was not for me -- cold, hard, knocking on doors, SALES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

PDN in Rowlett, Texas

81 months ago

Lynn in Mount Airy, Maryland said: Hi - -I am considering joining AFLAC Sales and was wondering if those of you who replied to this board in the last few months would care to comment on your how the job has been working out for you. I have no problem paying for my insurance license, it goes with the job.

Thanks.

I was with AFLAC for over a year. My first account (7 people) I signed them up, had an account number. My field trainer then told me to "LEAVE PAPER APPLICATIONS". I called 3 times a week to pick them up. 4 months later I found out that I was requested not to call them back. The account was being serviced by another agent. 3 months later I found out (from another field trainer) I was asked to step away from the account or loose my license. No one told me that leaving paper applications can cost you your license. My field trainer nor my RSC told me this. What they told me was TO LEAVE PAPER APP'S. This nightmare happened 4 times. Then the TGI-Friday's account!!! Only available to people who work 35 hrs a week, only if they have been on board for 90 days. That gave me less than 10 people, less than $100 INCOME. Then the employee turnover rate is over the top, hence they dont pay their premiums, and then YOU OWE AFLAC, because they advance you the commissions.

I am still getting letterse from the legal department of AFLAC threatening to sue me for $600 in advanced commissions.

I was with them for a year, have NOTHING to show for it.

AFLAC SCAM! DON'T EVER GO THERE ! ! ! ! !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (217) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

PDN in Rowlett, Texas

81 months ago

deaner in Dayton, Ohio said: Margaret, what other questions did you ask? I go in for my interview on Thurs and could use some additional questions that will give me an indication on how many folks in my area are selling Aflac products.

You must realize that there are 10 agents hired by each regional office EACH week. Wake up and realize why. There is agents stepping all over each other. Lots of promise made, none visualized. It was 7 months before my UPS driver (delivering my sales supplies) told me that there are 8 more AFLAC agents in the 4 block area around my house. Every time you make a call, they tell you "DONT YOU PEOPLE TALK TO EACH OTHER" because someone else called on them last week, week before. Cold Calling is an understatement. If you last 1 year, you have done better than 95% of all hired agents.

YOU MUST have another job to pay your bills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (157) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

TONY in Honolulu, Hawaii

80 months ago

Mario in Tracy, California said: EVER THOUGHT EVER WONDERED

* Where will I be five years from now if I remain in my current position?
* Will I attain the financial security I need (or that my family needs)?
* Do I really enjoy my current occupation and lifestyle?
* Have I ever considered being my own boss?
* Would I like the opportunity to earn a substantial income?

AFLAC HAS THE ANSWERS!

* National TV and print advertising
* An outstanding compensation package where YOU control how much you earn
* Potential annual increases (renewals) of $5,000 $10,000+
* Exciting incentives and a stock bonus plan
* Over 370,000 established payroll accounts nationwide

this is what they put on the job search ad, notice anything?
all it does is ask you if your happy with ur life,
and it doesn't say a thing about the job description itself.. caz they don't want you to know what the job is about!
all their doing is try to fish unhappy losers, brainwash them to be happy and proud by using words like "be your own business" or "your a professional entrepreneur", or "make residual income" "be rich and retire early" "financial security".. etc full of craps.

They cost you the 300$ just so they can get some money out of you.. not to license you, wake up, 90% of ppl who works for these pyramid skeep jobs quits, and company still keeps all the money they pay to join, so who makes the good money? most likely not you..

and people who posts all these great things about the company is 99.9% written by workers. they just want to give out good reputation, not only trying to be proud but also so that people possibly joins you.. and you make the money.

Three hundred dollars goes torwards your license, not the company; of course, you would know that if worked as an agent. I assume your only speculating and cannot provide and personal experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

riko in Portland, Oregon

80 months ago

I always swear I won't write on this board anymore..but AFLAC does not charge you to work for them. It is hard work if you do not like sales, and giving people the opportunity to get some cash when they are hurt or sick. I wish I had had the opportunity to have it long ago! I am not sure that AFLAC even wants to hae someone who dose not want to be independent join their team...but they do not charge you to work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

TL in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

AFLAC is not a scam. They are one of the top 5 insurance companies in the nation, and the #1 supplier of indemnity insurance in the nation.

They are a normal insurance company that utilizes INDEPENDENT agents to sell its' products. Any My gosh . . . the add does not say residual income (a symptom of pyramids) it says RENEWALS!!!! This refers to those insureds who choose to RENEW their insurance for the following year -- the agents get a small percentage of renewal business!!! How much you will earn depends on the work you are willing to put into the job.

I know an agent who teaches during the year and sells during the summer. He plans to go full time in the next 12 months but earned several thousand over the summer (and that is the slowest time for insurance enrollments). I have worked with insurers for years, and AFLAC is legit. Unfortunately, as the gent said previously, you need to get into a mentoring office who has ethical leadership. One bad office does not make the whole company crap.

By the way . . . the agent I know IS Black, and he does not live in the most diverse area. Western PA houses the KKK headquarters and it know for its racism (though not as violent as most, but quite discriminative) So if he says he is doing well and he lives in that area, I am fairly sure that it is hard work, dedication, and commitment that will determine your success. It would probably help if you could read as well . . . like an advertisement for recruitment maybe.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

-J-

80 months ago

What are the advantages/disadvantages of working as a DSC for Aflac?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

LC in New Orleans, Louisiana

80 months ago

AFLAC has a good product. They just need to get organized and stop hiring anyone that has a pulse. I own a business and have AFLAC, but I still have 3 or 4 different people come in a month to try an schedule an appointment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Leo in De Witt, Iowa

80 months ago

jcm in New York, New York said: what kind of realistic earnings can one see in 1 year? and when do you get the first pay check?

I sold AFLAC for about 6 months. Two problems:
PROBLEM #1, You have to find your own prospects, and so many people have tried to sell AFLAC that employers are hounded continually by AFLAC. I had employers beg me to quit calling them, they get several calls a week from AFLAC representatives, and would like to get them to stop, but cannot stop the calls. So, problem number 1 is the market is SATURATED with AFLAC sales people.
PROBLEM #2,No one ever told me the chances of succeeding are right at 2 people out of 100 succeed in AFLAC insurance sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Sock in Cranston, Rhode Island

80 months ago

Answer to problem number 1 - usually it is the receptionist or gatekeeper that is getting the calls not the decisionmaker - they change and there are ways of getting around them. How many calls do you think companies get from Copy Machine people, or telecommunications people? I used to be on the inside - I got tons of calls - often I would finally meet with the person after several calls because they were persistent.

Answer to number 2 - that is about the same chance at succeeding at any outside sales position. It's probably better than the chance at succeeding at any new business as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Clayton, North Carolina

80 months ago

I'm considering becoming an AFLAC agent. I'd like to know how saturated the middle and eastern parts of North Carolina are with agents.

This would be my only source of income.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

PDN in Rowlett, Texas

80 months ago

-J- said: What are the advantages/disadvantages of working as a DSC for Aflac?

You then get the opportunity to assist someone in loosing their hard earned savings.......but you get the 10% off their initial sales. in 14 months no one of my policies ever hit the "renewal" point. as an agent, on a single income, I blew thru my $60,000 savings, "keeping the lights on"...........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

PDN in Rowlett, Texas

80 months ago

Karen in Clayton, North Carolina said: I'm considering becoming an AFLAC agent. I'd like to know how saturated the middle and eastern parts of North Carolina are with agents.

This would be my only source of income.

If it is your ONLY source of income, dont do it. I lost $60,000. There are more agents than fleas, saturation is an understatement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Nando Sanchez in Charleston, Illinois

80 months ago

I just had my first interview with AFLAC today 9/6/07. What the hell people is working for someone else any better.Sales can`t be easy if it was we would all be QUACKING. So on that note I will be going to my next interview and hope that I can have an opportunity to show people the benefits of buying AFLAC. Even if I don`t make it at least I gave it a try. As for this job bieng your only source of income it`s not a good idea unless you are very expierenced sales person. I have a good part time job and hope this job can one day allow me to become an expierenced sales man. Good luck to all of you and GOD BLESS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

This conversation really has nothing to do with AFLAC - it should be a discussion of any commisioned sales position. There are many copy salespeople, telephone salespeople, office supply people etc.

Very few people make it in sales - I started with some savings and a side business. It is hard to make it if you need to replace an income immediately - it prbably will not happen.

I am a DSC with AFLAC and my goal is to help people make the kind of living THEY want. Of course, I am out to make my override, I have to make a living too, but my real goal is for them to succeed - I am rewarded much more if they suceed than just trying to make a little bit off of each of them.

Good Luck and good selling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

MAC in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

I started with AFLAC and have a second job to keep me afloat and was told by my DCS that it was getting in the way I was not hungry enough that's why I had not hit it big yet- only with them a breif time. At the same time I sat in on a meeting while one of the members on my team had her car repoised in the office parking lot- we sat and watched from the conference room window as the meeting was taking place. My training what you want to make of it has been bad to none. Almost all the steps you are suppose to complete in the training Power up, product training ect. have not happened. I know there is money to be made here and that this can be a good oppurtunity I am not looking for the quick buck. I appreciate hard work and was ready for commision only but when your DSC is pushing someone she know is about to lose her home and has lost her car to ignore her own needs and well being because the big one is just around the corner I have seen enough to make me question some of the process and worry over my own well being.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

MAC in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

PDN in Rowlett, Texas said: If it is your ONLY source of income, dont do it. I lost $60,000. There are more agents than fleas, saturation is an understatement.

That's the key isn't it a second income and also whether it be an associate, a DSC, or RSC who displays poor behavior or short comings they do not dictate to you, your approach. You choose that in the end. I want to build a business on integrity and quality...and I actualy mean it. I believe in the product. And this is MY business in the end so I just don't build it as they would like I build it as I need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

It is unfortunate that you got bad training and/or bad Coordinators - I do all I can to train and support my team as a DSC - I am there for them because I want the customers to get taken care of the best they can, it is best for the company, the policyholders, and if the associate does leave it falls back on me to take care of the account.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

MAC in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Jeff Sock in Cranston, Rhode Island said: It is unfortunate that you got bad training and/or bad Coordinators - I do all I can to train and support my team as a DSC - I am there for them because I want the customers to get taken care of the best they can, it is best for the company, the policyholders, and if the associate does leave it falls back on me to take care of the account.

The odd thing is that I cant say that I was ignored just that the training plan was not implemented. I have sat at meetings that went on for hours and hours, well over 4 for a MM @ it's worste. Always without an agenda where the purpose for being their was never addressed, I am here for a purpose. It would go off track and could never be reeled back in. I sat in the car with a plan and a list of places to go that I prepared but somehow it was still the same, Get my point. It was not working and I am not about wasting time get on with the job to be done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I would be as upset as you! My Monday meeting runs from 8:30am to 9:30am - without exception. It starts on time, ends on time - and I always tell associates what we will be talking about. I have guests come and speak - some associates who have major success etc.

I don't micromanage - but I train people the way I do it, then it is up to them to add their own style. I prospect several days at first with them - but after that prospecting is up to them. I will help close groups as long as they are on my team, no split taken if I am involved in only one part of the process - unless it is a large group that on person can not handle.

My brother did not have the quality of training that I do - he clawed his way up and learned on his own. He is an RSC now - and still holds the record in our state for the highest AP for a fist year associate - $301,000 So it can be done either way - with or without training. I think it is really up to the person - you have to want it for yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

MAC in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Jeff Sock in Cranston, Rhode Island said: I would be as upset as you! My Monday meeting runs from 8:30am to 9:30am - without exception. It starts on time, ends on time - and I always tell associates what we will be talking about. I have guests come and speak - some associates who have major success etc.

I don't micromanage - but I train people the way I do it, then it is up to them to add their own style. I prospect several days at first with them - but after that prospecting is up to them. I will help close groups as long as they are on my team, no split taken if I am involved in only one part of the process - unless it is a large group that on person can not handle.

My brother did not have the quality of training that I do - he clawed his way up and learned on his own. He is an RSC now - and still holds the record in our state for the highest AP for a fist year associate - $301,000 So it can be done either way - with or without training. I think it is really up to the person - you have to want it for yourself.

See that is the struggle, I expected exactly what Nat in Rocky Face Ga described and was ready for it. When things were so poorly handled and my time was wasted and not spent training me then my trainer lost me in less than 30 days. I am still here by my own choosing but trying to decide how to handle my situation. I was not recruited but pursued this. I contacted the company straight to the home office first by the web site though that is not how I came to where I am now. I do not require or want hand holding I require what was just described by Nat the bad part is that you can not go back only forward. I am trying to evaluate whether the situation can be salvaged. Do I want to push through or if I am caught in a situation that can not be saved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MAC in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Nat in Rocky Face, Georgia said: I am a failry new associate and I am LOVING my job with Aflac. My CIT, DSC and RSC are awesome and really care about my success. The best and worst thing about this job is the freedom. YOU plan your weeks, YOU do all the work... there is no one standing over your shoulder telling you what to do and when to do it. They give you direction but it is totally up to you. My teachers above me all give me great advice and "what they would do" but they are not responsible for my success. I am pleased with the income I have made so far but I know the great money is still to come. You have to wake-up everyday and make the decision to do it all over again because no one will be watching the clock for you. To me, this is what life is all about...the freedom to enjoy life by your own calendar and to be successful by your own works. As far as those pyramid schemes...I have had my run in with one and it was a totally different ballgame. I agree with the person who posted earlier...."when is the last time you saw a "pyramid scheme" listed as a Fortune 500 company?"

Here as some other things for you to consider:
-Fortune's Most Admired Companies(March 2006), 50 Best Companies for Minorities(Aug 2005), 100 Best Companies to Work For in America ( Jan 2006)
-Listed in Training Magazine's Top 100 (Feb 2006)
-Working Mother Magazine's 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers (Oct 2004)

This is not a get-rich-quick job...it is a career. You can be successful but it takes dedication, discipline and hard work. Good luck to all of you who are interested!
~Natalie

I came prepared, that was not the problem. Read it agian.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

The answer to that lies with you. But I would ask - are you trained enough to make presentations, close groups, conduct enrollments etc - if you are then you can do this business with nobody but yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nat in Rocky Face, Georgia

80 months ago

As far as being prepared...I think Jeff asked a good question on that last comment. I will say this though...it is my understanding that up until a few years ago there was very little if any training. I know my RSC (Judy Bird) has been in this business forever and she said that she trained herself and made it work. I am not saying that I would reccomend it but I am saying that it can be done. If there is a will there is a way. This is totally my own opinion but if I was in your situation then this is what I would do: I would get everything I could out of the printed material that they give you. You could even schedule a time everyday to review some of those things and/or spend time on Aflac University ( which I personally like alot.) Also, when you feel like you have exhausted your own efforts and still want that one-on-one time training then you should communicate that to your CIT or DSC or RSC. If they are not willing to help you (which I would be shocked if they refused your verbal request and concerns) then I would look into contacting your RSC and/or State Coordinator and get moved to another region. If you reach out to those people and tell them you need/want more direction and training then I think you will be pleasantly suprised. This is not an "easy" job and you and I both know that but I do think that you can succeed...just give it time and effort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

God point - reach out to your RSC and SSC and if that doesnt go anywhere contact your Territory Director they work directly for AFLAC they are not independant.

I do not know you and i am taking your comments at face value - but as a DSC I ahve seen many people that say they are working, say they aren't getting training - when in reality they aren't doing what they need to. You own your won business - in fact you can sell other lines if you want.

But if you are doing everything and not getting support the previous person was right - get moved and get the support you deserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Rising Sun, Maryland

80 months ago

Hello I recently was recruited as a sales agent for aflac and I was wanting to know if anyone had advice for gaining leads or some advice for someone just starting in this type of sales environment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

do what they tell you - work very very hard, make 20 or more cold calls a day, work your warm network, don't expect anything to be handed to you - sales is hard.

Don't be discauraged - expect a lot of no's. Its all worth it though.q

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Rising Sun, Maryland

80 months ago

What does the term work with a warm network mean

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

People you know, or do business with, your Doctor, your dentist, your Vet, your car repair company, friends who have businesses et.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Fresno, California

80 months ago

deaner in Dayton, Ohio said: Margaret, what other questions did you ask? I go in for my interview on Thurs and could use some additional questions that will give me an indication on how many folks in my area are selling Aflac products.

The bottom line folks is you have to work at anything! I have been with Aflac since December of last year and have promoted to DSC. Any one in insurnace will tell you that the first two years are very difficult. That is very true! You have to get out and knock on doors that other agents have also knocked on. The more you knock on, the more chances you have of gettting in. You will not be successful working a few hours a day. If you are use to working a fourty hour week then you should work at least that at Aflac. New York life and other seasoned agent in the business told me to not expect more than $20,000 the first year in the industry. You can make more if you work hard. Aflac is a great company that treats people fairly. You have to get a license to drive a truck; nothing is free. Put the time in and you will find success. I have seen plenty of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

How is that different from any other sales position, the attrition rate for ALL sales people is extremely high. We tell people in the interview, if they need to replace an income on day one - this is not the business for you. It takes about 2 years to get to where most people want to be. Sales is where the money is - it is not for everyone.

Of course they won't give out company listings - that is bad business in any business. That is Marketing and Sales 101. We will however, clean your list if you send it to your DSC beofre going out - or you can call if you have a question, I have the customer list for businesses in my area as a coordinator

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

PDN in Rowlett, Texas

80 months ago

It is not bad business to give a client list - without it, the new agent looks like a fool. I was told AT LEAST 20 times, "I have Aflac, Dont you guys talk to each other"?

Of course we don't (didn't) they were all back stabbing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

No Company gives out their customer list, that would poor judgement.

It comes down to salesmanship - I have walked in to many AFLAC clients over the years - they are always happy - sometimes surprised becuase they dont know me but always friendly. I say - I am sorry we are all independant - who is your agent..... then "oh they are really great"

If they are unhappy I am sure to contact my RSC or SSC or the agent since we are all in it together.

AFLAC is a great company, great products, ethical, and the compensation package is great!

People who like to whine will find something wrong with any company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

PDN in Rowlett, Texas

80 months ago

I'm not whining, i tried for over 14 months - Simply telling it like it is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Kansas City, Missouri

80 months ago

people you know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.