Questions about Aflac laptop & SNG software

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

JRGKW in Selah, Washington

81 months ago

I've been considering selling Aflac, and I heard that a salesperson needs to buy a laptop through Aflac for $3000 which has the SNG software required to register new clients. I was wondering if SNG is available as stand-alone software through Aflac, or if you have to buy the computer also to obtain it. If so, how much is the software? Can you buy a used Aflac computer? I feel quite apprehensive about spending $3000 (before even selling any policies) on a more-than-likely low end computer loaded with programs that can only be used for one specific purpose. If anyone is trying to get rid of one of these laptops, feel free to contact me. Perhaps we can conduct a transaction via Ebay or something. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ADH in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

Hedi in Chicago, Illinois said: I was an Aflac agent until about 2 years ago. Still have my Aflac laptop & would be willing to sell it for $1,000. it includes the SNG software and the signature pen & pad. My guess is the actual Aflac software is out of date but could probably bee downloaded from Aflac. If you are interested I can email you more specifics about my laptop (don't have it here at the office, but I'm sure I still have all the original documentation that came with it). All I remember is that it's a Panasonic (what they recommended 3 years ago when I purchased it because it was "tougher" than the less expensive options). I paid just under $3000. for it and barely used it (unfortunately my Aflac career was very short-lived, although I have often regretted that I gave up so quickly). - Like I said, let me know if you are interested to get more details

Hi - I have an interview with Aflac today actually my second interview and I was wondering why you gave it up. I have been reading a lot of pros and even more cons. I would appreciate anything you could tell me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

macolyte in Bellevue, Washington

78 months ago

SNG is proprietary and closely guarded. There is no way to obtain it except as already installed on an Aflac branded computer. On the trying-to-make-it-fairer side, Aflac credits the computer owner for every policy written of the computer, so it is possible to 'earn' back the money it cost to buy. The machine comes with a full Office installation, whatever that's worth, and XP Pro. Oh, and the 3k price is for the most pricey of the 3 available boxes. Knock $800 off for the cheapest - which is most people's preferred.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alan Wong in Carmel, Indiana

78 months ago

Question: These laptops Aflac has SNG software on, why are they so expensive? I know SNG software is closely guarded and unable to be found on any other computer, but is there any other reason why the laptops are so expensive?

Can anyone enlighten me on the specs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

tom in Mobile, Alabama

76 months ago

not for everyone --- however, if you use their system it can be very lucrative ---

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Columbus, Georgia

76 months ago

JRGKW in Selah, Washington said: ... I was wondering if SNG is available as stand-alone software through Aflac, or if you have to buy the computer also to obtain it. ... Can you buy a used Aflac computer? I feel quite apprehensive about spending $3000 (before even selling any policies) on a more-than-likely low end computer loaded with programs that can only be used for one specific purpose. If anyone is trying to get rid of one of these laptops, feel free to contact me. ... Thanks!

I did level two support for the field force.

You cannot buy the software. Even with the disk, it will only install on a "in service" laptop.

The computers are yours. You can do anything you want with it as long as it does not interfere with the operation of Aflac software. ( Even other proprietary insurance software. Really. It is not an issue unless it keeps SNG or Credant from working.)

If you buy used, be sure it is a supported model. One that is 3 years old MAY have been decommissioned, and Aflac will not support it or allow it to be used for sales. Those get wiped clean and then you have a laptop to do with what you will. Check with your office or the ITSC about the used models.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

papawhogan in monroe, Louisiana

70 months ago

justsailn in Torrance, California said: HI I am very interested in purchasing a used aflac computer you can reach me at justsailn@yahoo.com anyone interested in selling please contact me

JR

hey, JR,

have you reached your FireBall award? if so, and you have a positve balance with AFLAC, you are qualified to order your own SNG computer through AFALC. look on your web site and pick the best model that suits your needs and complete a finance form then they will send you your new laptop overnight. the nice thing is that for ever application you write AFLAC will pay $2 towards your loan! and if you make those app's online delivery you will be paid another $2! $4 per app! so if your finance note is $80; send in 20 app's a month and you have paid for your computer. i personaly have 5 laptops. i have been an RSC for almost a year, a DSC for 2 years and i can tell you that i have not paid a dime for any of the 5. if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to email. but be careful when considering buying a used laptop.
take care,
russ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca Bandy in Fort Smith, Arkansas

59 months ago

MOvat in Wisconsin said: Selling my toughbook with all the fixins (bag, cords, pen tab) $900

I ordered my SNG the other day from AFLAC. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

familyanderson in Kinston, North Carolina

58 months ago

I have a new aflac penpad up for sale. I accidentally ordered two.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

familyanderson in Kinston, North Carolina

57 months ago

I bought a hp probook about 3 months ago and no longer have the need for it, stay at home mom,It has two penpads and has only been used a handfull of times. Please let me know it anyone would like to purchase it.

April Anderson at aprilmpoole@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

newby to aflac in Lynchburg, Virginia

56 months ago

MOvat in Wisconsin said: Selling my toughbook with all the fixins (bag, cords, pen tab) $900

do you still have the computer? if so, what are the specs...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MOvat in Wisconsin

56 months ago

newby to aflac in Lynchburg, Virginia said: do you still have the computer? if so, what are the specs...

It is a CF-52 Toughbook with the handle and plastic covers. Has the leather AFLAC bag, pen tab and cords.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I am very interested. Can you give me more info ref to the specs... programs on it, purchase date, still have any credits to use, etc...? Please.

I am very new to AFLAC, but I plan on sticking around and want a computer of my own to use. I appreciate your help.
newby

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

MOvat in Wisconsin said: It is a CF-52 Toughbook with the handle and plastic covers. Has the leather AFLAC bag, pen tab and cords.

I am very interested. Can you give me more info ref to the specs... programs on it, purchase date, still have any credits to use, etc...? Please.

I am very new to AFLAC, but I plan on sticking around and want a computer of my own to use. I appreciate your help.
newby

56 months ago

mikefry in Dahlonega, Georgia said: I have a cf-50 toughbook with SNG software and works wonderful.Pen pad and leather bag for 625.00.Contact mfryguys@yahoo.com....Mike Fry

...Isn't the CF50 series the one that AFLAC is retiring this year? please help.

thanks

mikefry in Dahlonega, Georgia

56 months ago

I talked with IT at Aflac headquarters last week and the cf-50 is not going into retirement this year!Mine still works excellent............Mike Fry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Karen.Hogle in Lawrenceville, Georgia

52 months ago

familyanderson in Kinston, North Carolina said: I have a new aflac penpad up for sale. I accidentally ordered two.

Are you still selling your penpad? karen.hogle@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Leedy.Melisa in Norcross, Georgia

50 months ago

I have a Panasonic CF-52 and a penpad for sale!! The computer still has alot of credits still available. I originally paid $3000.00 I am open to any offers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

seabrkbic in Boone, North Carolina

50 months ago

Is there a balance to AFLAC, which is probably assummable. Do you have the unit number.

Thanks

seabrkbic@hotmail.com

Leedy.Melisa in Norcross, Georgia

50 months ago

Unit number is 9ZK1. No balance to AFLAC.

mpardee84 in Rochester Mills, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

Anybody with a penpad for sale?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ROLAND in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

Does anybody have a AFLAC laptop for sale in the Philadelphia area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SH in Pawtucket, Rhode Island

41 months ago

ROLAND in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Does anybody have a AFLAC laptop for sale in the Philadelphia area?

If you're still looking, I'm selling mine and I will be in the Philly area shortly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Roland in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Good. What are the specs and how old?

41 months ago

It's the Panasonic CF-W7. I believe it was option #2 on the order form. I bought it in, I believe, early 2009. It runs XP and, dispite only coming with 1GB of RAM, runs SNG very quickly. Much quicker than the hated (by me) Fujitsu. Also, it is easily upgradable to 2GB of RAM, though I don't play computer games, so I've never needed it. Even to run HD movies, the 1GB was plenty. It has and 80GB hard drive.

It comes with the tablet, pen and batteries, and Aflac laptop bag (although the bag has a scuff on the bottom from when I was writing at a packing plant). All relevant restore disks are included.

I'm not really a tech guy, so is there any info you need that I've left out?

Roland in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Ok what the price and when are u coming to the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Since we're going to be talking shop, would you mind if we did so more directly? If you could email me at stevenhemingway@gmail.com, that would be great. We'll be able to talk more rapidly because I can only check this during breaks, but I get my email on my phone.

Thanks!

41 months ago

Roland in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Ok what the price and when are u coming to the area.

Oh, and I'm scheduled to be there later in the week, most likely Thursday.

D Garber in Ellijay, Georgia

40 months ago

mikefry in Dahlonega, Georgia said: I talked with IT at Aflac headquarters last week and the cf-50 is not going into retirement this year!Mine still works excellent............Mike Fry

Do you still have the CF-50? I saw a post that they were retiring those too?

40 months ago

Leedy.Melisa in Norcross, Georgia said: I have a Panasonic CF-52 and a penpad for sale!! The computer still has alot of credits still available. I originally paid $3000.00 I am open to any offers!

Hi,

Do you still have your CF-52 SNG Computer for sale? If so, how much?

Melissa in Arlington, Virginia

40 months ago

D Garber in Ellijay, Georgia said: Hi,

Do you still have your CF-52 SNG Computer for sale? If so, how much?

I do! Just make me an offer!

Melissa in Arlington, Virginia

40 months ago

By the way... I live in Norcross Georgia. The computer has been sitting in my office unused.

40 months ago

Melissa in Arlington, Virginia said: By the way... I live in Norcross Georgia. The computer has been sitting in my office unused.

Would you take $500 for it? I was just getting ready to purchase another one located in Tennessee and have it shipped. I can drive down to Norcross to pick it up over the weekend.

40 months ago

send me an email at diana@etcmail.com if you're interested.

Travis Keedy in Saraland, Alabama

39 months ago

I have an AFLAC HP Probook purchased beginning of 2010, in perfect shape, with the big laptop bag, Topaz penpad, etc. Liked it a lot better than my DSC's Fujitsu (side number pad, bigger screen, etc) I spent 1.5 years with Aflac and went back to engineering so at the moment it's just my home internet surfer. I'd much rather pass it along to another agent in exchange not wanting to spent the same $2300 I did.

I'd like to get $650 for it.

Please email traviskeedy@gmail.com if interested. Located in S. Alabama.

Travis

SP in TXD in Dallas, Texas

39 months ago

I am interested. Please contact me at Sean_Pfeiffer@us.aflac.com

Travis Keedy in Saraland, Alabama

39 months ago

Thanks all, the laptop is off to help another agent succeed. Good luck Ducks!

Travis

Roland in Rochester, New York

39 months ago

D Garber in Ellijay, Georgia said: send me an email at diana@etcmail.com if you're interested.

Did the laptop go, or do you still have it.

R Clough in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

39 months ago

Any laptops for sale?

brenda in San Antonio, Texas

39 months ago

Hi,
Does anyone have an Aflact computer for sale?? or the SNG HDD brick??

Regards.

wayneoverby@ymail.com in Gulfport, Mississippi

39 months ago

brenda in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi,

Regards.

I have a HDD Brick for sale! New still in box.$500 FIRM!!!

MLeedy in Norcross, Georgia

38 months ago

R Clough in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Any laptops for sale?

I have a Panasonic CF-52 for sale! Lots of credits still available! If you are interested, please e-mail me at leedy.melissa@gmail.com

Thanks!

button722@hotmail.com in New York, New York

37 months ago

brenda in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi,

Regards.

I've been with Aflac and have my personally owned HP ProBook 4510s and penpad available. If this is of interest, please email me at button722@hotmail.com.

Justin in Omaha, Nebraska

35 months ago

I have a HP pro book 4520, comes with case, pen tablet, and other aflac gear. I have been with Aflac for about 3 years and thinking of moving on and want to sell my computer. I am open to questions, this computer cost 2200 brand new, still have credit. Be wary of buying older computers, they will be obsolete before you know it. I am ready to sell, will deal, hit me up.
tripletdad3@hotmail.com

ymohrbacher in Mansfield Center, Connecticut

33 months ago

Justin in Omaha, Nebraska said: I have a HP pro book 4520, comes with case, pen tablet, and other aflac gear. I have been with Aflac for about 3 years and thinking of moving on and want to sell my computer. I am open to questions, this computer cost 2200 brand new, still have credit. Be wary of buying older computers, they will be obsolete before you know it. I am ready to sell, will deal, hit me up.
tripletdad3@hotmail.com

Justin, has anyone offered to buy your Aflac laptop? I'm using a "brick" and find it too slow. Please let me know if your laptop is still available, and what you'd like for it. ymohrbacher@gmail.com

S,M, in Pleasant View, Tennessee

32 months ago

I have an HDD SNG brick that I purchased from Aflac on Feb. 4, 2010. I used it to sell about 10 policies. I have not used it for a year, but logged onto it yesterday and everything works fine. I paid $765 for it and will let it go for $400. I will also throw in a Topaz signature pad for free.

32 months ago

It has 4 months and approximately $700 in credits left on it.

BCS in Spring, Texas

32 months ago

I am seriously looking for an Aflac SNG laptop (not a brick). Please reply to this post if you want to sell yours. I am currently borrowing one from my RSC. I will be monitoring posts on this thread. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

BCS in Spring, Texas said: I am seriously looking for an Aflac SNG laptop (not a brick). Please reply to this post if you want to sell yours. I am currently borrowing one from my RSC. I will be monitoring posts on this thread. Thanks!

Any particular reason you don't want a brick?

SP in TXD in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

I am looking to help someone out who bought an Aflac SNG unit 6 months to 1 year ago and has left the business. I will take over the payment for you and get you out from your lease with Aflac. If your unit has credits on it, and if I can write a bunch of business on it over the next couple of years, I make out on the deal. Six months to 2 years is the sweet spot for this. It gets you out of the payment.....send me a note. I am no longer in TXD.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.