How to get a job at AT&T.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 782)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at AT&T? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Tiffanie Day

84 months ago

I would like to know how much school experience is required for at&t

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at AT&T? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

My advice is to look somewhere else. These jobs are being posted because of gov't regs. Qualified people who are very familiar with the systems & job requirements can't get a sniff. ATT "determines" based on on-line apps whether or not you are qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Depending on the job, ATT has always had a major presence hiring & sadly, firing in Atlanta. BTW, it appears that in order to avoid any negative comments, ATT keeps posting the facilities job as new.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Disgruntled in Winter Park, Florida

84 months ago

I have several years of customer service experience and possess excellent customer service skills, communication skills and telephone etiquette as well as solid computer skills. I successfully passed the customer service test, however my application for employment was rejected based on my answers to some of the interview questions. My answers were misinterpreted by the interviewer and I was therefore denied an opportunity for employment. I sincerely believe that this company practices age discrimination and takes every opportunity to disqualify older applicants. Don't waste your time applying if you are over 35.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Micahsdad in San Antonio, Texas

84 months ago

I tested, interviewed and was given a job offer with AT&T for a cable splicer position. No benefits for 6 months? What kind of major company makes you wait for 6 months for benefits? I have a family, I couldnt accept that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

ov ruiz in New Haven, Connecticut

84 months ago

how do u apply to work for at&t

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Lucille Rothstein in Oak Cliff, Texas

83 months ago

run as fast as you can from att, they totally s,I've been there a year and they treat the employees like c, no insurance for six months and they start you off at practically nothing, my friend makes more at Whataburger than me and she started at the front counter and with a good work ethic and good attitude now shes the manager after a year and few months, she's making 35,000 a year working 40 hrs a week. I make more but because I work 40hrs on top of 40 regular hrs. I have no time for anything not even a good squeeze.I suggest Verizon they are more humane to the employees and they give insurance from the gitgo.They pay more to start too and the quality of the product is far superior than what Att is pushing out to the customer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Hendricks in Norfolk, Virginia

81 months ago

How long did it take to get your offer letter from HR. I was told after all of my interviews to expect an HR call anyday now. Still haven't heard from them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

angiea in Willow Spring, North Carolina

81 months ago

Steve Hendricks in Norfolk, Virginia said: How long did it take to get your offer letter from HR. I was told after all of my interviews to expect an HR call anyday now. Still haven't heard from them

I entered my comments about AT&T and interviews under the Wireless heading, as I was replying to someone who had posted there. See if my comments (there are a number of them) are of any help.

www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Wireless-from-AT%26T/05390c183c137e18757c4700

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Oh, my log in was on two different computers and have me in Angier and Willow Springs - these are both mine - comments start about half-way down the page.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Alot of what I'm seeing is people that haven't quite gotten a job offer. I have already been through like 5 interviews for two different positions. One has told me that he's ready to lay down an offer right now and the other said everythign was great and to expect a call from HR. I'm not sure what the difference in salary is between the two positions, so I've got to wait for the written offer before making a decision

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

John Dawson in Greensboro, North Carolina

81 months ago

How strict are the background checks with at&t? I don't have any problems with my driving record or any criminal background for that matter. What I'm worried about is that the dates on my employment history are not correct on my resume. I've already gotten the phone offer from HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (129) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

It looks like the one I'm going to take is the Government Account Executive position. I'm just waiting to get my packet. Sounds like HR has a lot to do this time of year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

caseyr in Davis, California

81 months ago

Hi Angiea
You told Steve you could give salarys for some positions. Do you know what premisis tech and cable splicer make? Start at? Does AT&T match what someone might already make or only hire at the bottom?
We recieved and email about testing as well as drug testing. How does the whole process work? If one passes a written and drug test, then what? When do they tell you what the position makes?
Thanks for any help you can give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

caseyr in Davis, California said: Hi Angiea
You told Steve you could give salarys for some positions. Do you know what premisis tech and cable splicer make? Start at? Does AT&T match what someone might already make or only hire at the bottom?
We recieved and email about testing as well as drug testing. How does the whole process work? If one passes a written and drug test, then what? When do they tell you what the position makes?
Thanks for any help you can give.

I was away for the holiday - sorry no pc with me.

You are told the pay scale when you initially test for the position.

First you apply online, then you get a testing date, when you go for the test they tell you the job description and pay and raise schedule. If you pass the test, you submit to a background check, if you pass that, you get a phone interview, if you pass that, you get in person interview, at the conclusion of the in person interview, they give you the sheet for drug testing - they instruct you NOT to go for the test until you receive a call from HR AND an OFFER. IF you get the call, you are in so long as you pass the drug test.

The salary is all started the same no matter what experience you already have - unless you are in management, then I think it is different, but it could be the same.

I don't see "premisis tech" or "cable splicer" in the book
but do see 'services technician' and 'wire technician' The wage scale for services technician is 30 - For a wire technician it's 6

Then your Zone (where you live comes into play) There's A B and C (A is city areas where cost of living is higher and it goes down from there)

I'll give you the A rates - A wage scale 30 starts at 689.00 a week - 721.00 after 6 months - 755.00 after the 12th month.

A wage scale 6 -- 423.00 453.00 486.00

Your benefits are free of cost for you and your spouse and its a very nice package with vision/dental/health/Rx plan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Awesome_Arab in Chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

angiea in Willow Spring, North Carolina said: The data I have lists positions for technicians, engineers, office support, sales, etc. . .all titles including those of union and non-union employees, except management, but all are positions initially held by BellSouth employees. I believe the position for which you are being offered must be one that was an original SBC/AT&T slot. I'm sorry I don't have that info for you.

Best wishes for a great offer!

Does anyone have information on the vacation/ personal days / sick time / other perks? I'm deciding if I want to take a position offered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chicagojobseeker in Chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

Micahsdad in San Antonio, Texas said: I tested, interviewed and was given a job offer with AT&T for a cable splicer position. No benefits for 6 months? What kind of major company makes you wait for 6 months for benefits? I have a family, I couldnt accept that.

I just got a test invitation for the cable splicer position. What's the starting salary for this position? If you pass the test, how long does it take to get the job/start after passing the test? is there training? paid?

Sorry for asking too many questions. Anything you can say. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alex Gunn in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

Well I can weigh in a little with my experience so far.

I applied for the prem. Tech job on a whim back around New Year's. Filled out a super long app and promptly forgot about it.

Beginning Feb I got an email asking for confirmation that I could attend testing, and was given the pay range of 9-13 and hour.

Yesterday I went to testing (basic mechanical aptitude test, no math or anything), blew through both test in about twenty minutes (it's a pass/fail test, you fail, you leave, kinda harsh lol).

Passed the test, HR manager interviewed me, asked me silly questions about how to handle customers. Explained benefits, that it was a term position, and a union position.

Went out and sat down, then they gave me a release for the drug test, which I signed. Then they gave me a sheet with what to expect at the physical, the HR manager's card, and told me to expect a call within a month.

I have no idea what some of you are expecting. Of course it's unlikely you will come in as management or some other high paid job, but for the "young, dumb, and off the street" like me, it's a great way to get your foot in the door of a company with awesome benefits. And if nothing else, great experience to take somewhere else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I applied for 2 jobs. The customer service bilingual and the cable splicer. I got a testing invitation and phone interview for the customer service position right away. In about 2-3 days. For the cable splicer position, it took about a week to get the test invitation. I'll be testing for both positions next week. The cable splicer position pays more, up to $932 weekly to start.

I just hope I start soon. I really need the job. In the testing invitation email they sent me they indicated that even if you passed the mechanical test, doesn't mean you'll get the job. You'll just be placed in a pool of qualifed candidates.

Can anyone else share their experience? How long it took to get the job after passing the pest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

chicagojobseeker in Chicago, Illinois said: I applied for 2 jobs. The customer service bilingual and the cable splicer. I got a testing invitation and phone interview for the customer service position right away. In about 2-3 days. For the cable splicer position, it took about a week to get the test invitation. I'll be testing for both positions next week. The cable splicer position pays more, up to $932 weekly to start.

I just hope I start soon. I really need the job. In the testing invitation email they sent me they indicated that even if you passed the mechanical test, doesn't mean you'll get the job. You'll just be placed in a pool of qualifed candidates.

Can anyone else share their experience? How long it took to get the job after passing the pest?

How long it took to get the job after passing the TEST? :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jettieharris in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the starting pay for a sales Account Executive is? It is one of the managerial positions. Also, online my application status says "In Process". Does this mean that they are considering it or is this a BS response. Also,what is the time frame and form of the next communication? Days? Week? An email, phone call?

Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Alex Gunn in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

My next communication came via email, and it took about 6 weeks. But I believe the position I applied for is happening in a batch hire kind of thing, and I just got in early.

The other guy who tested with me said he filled out his app about two weeks prior.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

maurvol17 in Lombard, Illinois

79 months ago

I Applied bigging of the month for a technicians job maybe a week in and got a relatively quick response. that they liked my resume and that i was to be considered. I went in to take the test late last week. Interesting test... Id say about 10 of 30 in my group passed. Then took basic computer test and that was pretty easy all in room passed. Not sure what happened with others interviews but mine went real well. Ill say this for this job or others PLEASE EVERYONE dress for success at these things. I know i was interviewing for tech job but i still wore nice pants and shirt and tie. I saw one kid show up in hoodie and beat up genes and he was like i didnt know i was interviewing TODAY thought only a test. Seriously dress like you want the job it really makes an impression.

After the interview they basically said with me. We like you and will be offering you a position but her not being HR couldnt give me any more details past like doing the training class period and the like also training out of a garage for a time period. She said they were mass hiring and that it could take a week to maybe 3 weeks to get the OFFICIAL offer and i still need to take the drug test...

I think so far moving at good pace but i dont like that it seems a bit hard to get some answers... The salary for example that they gave me in the email per week... is that take how or before taxes.... that would make a big difference. Also exactly when the benefits kick in... I know it a union job but do i have to wait till i get done with both the 8 to 18 week class training and the 8 to 18 week (will call it one on one training) till i get the insurance benefits... thats a real long time.

Also what about stuff like there internet, Hard and cell phone and cable TV. will any of that be covered... that would be a really nice perk... any thoughts on this would be great thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I applied for the Cable Splicer Technician position in Chicago, IL. After about a week, I got a testing invitation. I just took the test on Monday, Feb. 18th, 2008 and I passed it. They said to wait for a phone call.

They said I would be placed in a "pool" of qualifed canditates.

They said the starting salary was up to $932/week. I don't know if it's before or after taxes.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a job offer, if you do, after passin the test for this position?

I noticed that they are no longer taking appications for this position in Chicago.

If anyone knows somethin about this, please post.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jack and coke 4 life in Palos Hills, Illinois

79 months ago

I have currently went through everything I believe. I took the test, took physical and the drug test, and now just waiting for my drug test to pass and then they said they would offer a firm hire.

I am in the Chicagoland area. They would hire me as a term Cable Splicer. They said it would be 2 years, and after that two year further employment would be dicussed.

This kind of worries me cause I am looking for a career and not a job. It is a union job, so is the term part just there way of getting out of the fine print in the union, if somebody doesn't work out. Or is there a good possibility if I show up to work, and work hard I will be offered a full time posistion????

Just curious, I think I will take the job regardless, but just want to know if anyone is in the same boat, or been through this already

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

How long did the whole process take?

I'm also in the Chicago area. I passed the test Monday, Feb 18th. I haven't taken the physical or drug test. I guess they have to call me first???

I don't know much about the status term or perm, I'll worry about that later.... I really need the job ASAP :) I have bills to pay ASAP... student loans... etc...

Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Well I first filled out everything right after the new year, so more then a month but less then 2. Yeah I took the test and about 3 weeks later everything started rolling. So if you just took the test, I'd expect a call anywhere from a week to three weeks. I am sure you are in there though. I just want to know about this term thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I know its a term position, but once you're in, I'm pretty sure you'll find a way to stay in if you like it, or switch position. I know most poeple have trouble getting in. Now that you have a foot in the door, maybe something better awaits you. Let's just do our best job and I'm sure we'll be rewarded :)

Best regards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Does anyone know anything about the training for the cable splicer technician position?

How long? where? paid? etc....

I'm in the chicagoland area.

Thanks.

79 months ago

Okay so I passed the cable splicer test on Monday, then today I got a call from at&t, 3 days later. They said, well, I "was" going to make a "conditional" job offer to you, but I see you don't have much experience. "If" we decided to offer you a job, it would be for a "very low" salary. They said they would call me back.

My only experience is working as a general office aide at UIC. I had to drop out of mechanical engineering due to personal/financial($$) reasons.

I'm mad. Why did they even bother to invite for a test if they woudn't consider me? Why waste MY time AND theirs???

Didn't they look at my resume/application prior to even invite me for the test?

I don't understand. Any advice???

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jllc

79 months ago

My husband is applying for Outside Plant Technician. He has passed the basic electricity , electronics tests and PPT After that he got an e-mail to consent to a background test. A few days after that he had a phone interview and was told someone would be calling him in 2 weeks...that was over a month ago. As far as we understand, if you are disqualified for a job they will send you a letter of e-mail. He had not heard one thing. We don't mind that it is a term position, before the term is up he can apply for a permanent one. The benefits are great, and he really wants this position.

2matos in Richmond, Virginia

78 months ago

I've just taken one of several tests for a position.
The result was "Q3" instead of the usual "Qualified"
Does this mean that I failed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

pbarker in chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

I'm going through a similar situation with at&t. I had my face to face interview on Feb 22 and I havent herd anything back. I was told that in the interview that I quallified and was told that I was placed in a pool of qualified canidates and would be contacted once that got to my name if the positions weren't filled. I really want and need this position bad. It's for a customer consultant position. I took the test and passed on Feb 14. Dose anyone know how long the entire hiring process can take? Is this normal or shouldn't I have gotten a phone call or something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

chicagojobseeker in Chicago, Illinois said: How long did the whole process take?

I'm also in the Chicago area. I passed the test Monday, Feb 18th. I haven't taken the physical or drug test. I guess they have to call me first???

I don't know much about the status term or perm, I'll worry about that later.... I really need the job ASAP :) I have bills to pay ASAP... student loans... etc...

Good luck to you.

Im going through the exact situation. I tested on Feb 14th and passed and my interview went reallllllllllllly well. I tried emailing the at&t staffing from which I received the testing invitation from and she said that once I qualified on everything including the face to face interview that my name goes into a canidate pool for qualified canidates. Then she emailed me and said that once they got to my name that they would contact me if the positions had not been filled. In my interview I asked the person that I interviewed with when dose the training start and he had no exact date. So im just waiting to here back and the interview was on Feb 22. This is for the customer consultant position. I was wondering the same thing, do the process take this long. Is this normal for their hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

chicagojobseeker in Chicago, Illinois said: I applied for 2 jobs. The customer service bilingual and the cable splicer. I got a testing invitation and phone interview for the customer service position right away. In about 2-3 days. For the cable splicer position, it took about a week to get the test invitation. I'll be testing for both positions next week. The cable splicer position pays more, up to $932 weekly to start.

Im going through the exact situation. I tested on Feb 14th and passed and my interview went reallllllllllllly well. I tried emailing the at&t staffing from which I received the testing invitation from and she said that once I qualified on everything including the face to face interview that my name goes into a canidate pool for qualified canidates. Then she emailed me and said that once they got to my name that they would contact me if the positions had not been filled. In my interview I asked the person that I interviewed with when dose the training start and he had no exact date. So im just waiting to here back and the interview was on Feb 22. This is for the customer consultant position. I was wondering the same thing, do the process take this long. Is this normal for their hiring process.

78 months ago

Well i got through everything with them.... Did the face to face and EVERYTHING from beginning to mid feb for Splicer type position... I was originally told AROUND 550 a week starting pay in an email near the beginning. Finally right around end of feb i was Given my conditional offer. I was pretty excited to be getting the offer but there were issues. One They told me that although its union and you would get regular raises that my job would CAP out at like 800 a week. Not that id complain TOOOOO much about 800 a week RIGHT now i do ULTIMATELY think im worth more then that BIGGER picture. 2Nd how long would that take... If its like last union job i was involved with that could be a VERY SLOW GO. Yes its steady but really do i want to be somewhere that may take me ten yr to get to a cap and not make more. Hmmmm. They told me my start date would be March 7th so im like ok thats good but then they told me my benefits MAY NOT KICK in for upwards of 6 months. Have to become union and get through all training and thats a while. Then last thing they said was that my starting pay would actually only be like 409 a week..... Im like WHAT..... 550 wasnt GREAT but i can get by on that. 409 will be luck if thats 10.00 an hour. i personally can get ast manager job at blockbuster for 12 an hour...

Im like well let me think about it for 2 days cause i have one other company also coming up with an offer for me. The guy was like you are TOP on our list but i cant wait cause i have to fill the class. Im like i have to hear if other job going to come. Hes like ok well if your not going to accept it right now then ill put you on bottom of list and will see what happen but odds were that they wouldnt make it back to bottom of list.they were filling like 8 wholes and like 18 people on list. it was scary for me to turn down the job cause i needed the work...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Luckly the other job came through.... Im not sure what is really what company is better to get into right now comcast or ATT but i choose comcast. im being paid 13 an hour to start and will be 16 within a yr if get cert in Phone and internet which i will do. Plus benefits after 3 months (first month is all training) so only 2 month on the job plus my tv and internet are paid for as of the 24th when i start.they also talk A LOT more of promotion from within. Also didnt say ANYTHING of a salary cap. So for you ATTers i enjoyed the process and thanks to any that gave/give advice but i personally choose a different route.

Donald Moore in Pompano Beach, Florida

77 months ago

I decline to coment at this present time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Ok I am in there, I went through pole climbing school, and all the other training, and I am in a shop. Like I said earlier this is a term posistion and rumor has it that we are only going to be there 18 months and then given the boot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sasha_in_Virginia in Richlands, Virginia

77 months ago

How to get a job at AT&T? That's a REALLY good question! *sigh*

I tested in March, interviewed a week later, and was VERY sad to get the email telling me I was not selected at this time. But, I decided to reapply, as maybe it was due to my being sick at the interview that I didn't get the job. When I contacted Customer Service for assistance with reapplying, I was informed I can not reapply for 6 months. Six months!!! Wow!

Very sad news for me. =*(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

itsjustme in Saint Louis, Missouri

77 months ago

I just wanted to say SBC/ATT is not the worth the trouble. I've been an employee since 2001 and make almost $60,000 a year and I'm only 25. They have great benefits and incentives. But they dont care about you, your family or friends. If you don't make their money, lie to the customers (r just dont tell the WHOLE truth)are kiss their butt you are out the door. I worked so much and did so much mandatory overtime, I missed my kids first baby steps, field trips, funerals, family functions and so on. So if you're single with no kids and no life, ATT is for you but whats the point in working if you cant enjoy your money and time with family.
Oh, my daughter got sick last week and I had to stay in the hospital with her and I didn't have fmla time left, they suspended me after 6 years!
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Just curious7 in Texas

77 months ago

Sasha_in_Virginia in Richlands, Virginia said: How to get a job at AT&T? That's a REALLY good question! *sigh*

I tested in March, interviewed a week later, and was VERY sad to get the email telling me I was not selected at this time. But, I decided to reapply, as maybe it was due to my being sick at the interview that I didn't get the job. When I contacted Customer Service for assistance with reapplying, I was informed I can not reapply for 6 months. Six months!!! Wow!

Very sad news for me. =*(

Consider yourself lucky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Just curious7 in Texas

77 months ago

itsjustme in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I just wanted to say SBC/ATT is not the worth the trouble. I've been an employee since 2001 and make almost $60,000 a year and I'm only 25. They have great benefits and incentives. But they dont care about you, your family or friends. If you don't make their money, lie to the customers (r just dont tell the WHOLE truth)are kiss their butt you are out the door. I worked so much and did so much mandatory overtime, I missed my kids first baby steps, field trips, funerals, family functions and so on. So if you're single with no kids and no life, ATT is for you but whats the point in working if you cant enjoy your money and time with family.
Oh, my daughter got sick last week and I had to stay in the hospital with her and I didn't have fmla time left, they suspended me after 6 years!
Good luck.

Sounds about normal, you cannot have a family/life and work there especially if you are on the customer service side.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

im loving comcast so far :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A AAP in Pensacola, Florida

77 months ago

pbarker in chicago, Illinois said: Im going through the exact situation. I tested on Feb 14th and passed and my interview went reallllllllllllly well. I tried emailing the at&t staffing from which I received the testing invitation from and she said that once I qualified on everything including the face to face interview that my name goes into a canidate pool for qualified canidates. Then she emailed me and said that once they got to my name that they would contact me if the positions had not been filled. In my interview I asked the person that I interviewed with when dose the training start and he had no exact date. So im just waiting to here back and the interview was on Feb 22. This is for the customer consultant position. I was wondering the same thing, do the process take this long. Is this normal for their hiring process.

AT&T's hiring process doesn't take that long. If you don't hear from them within 24 hours then you probably didn't get the job. The only difference would be the tech positions like cable slicer, depending on when there next training class is and how many qualified applicants are ahead of you.

But, if you apply for customer service or sales positions, expect same day response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

jettieharris in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

^ you you say same day response. Do you mean the day you submitted your resume online or the day of the interview (s)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A AAP in Pensacola, Florida

77 months ago

The same day as your BEI interview. This is how it works for call center positions-term.

Step 1: Submit Resume online

Step 2: depending on if a class will be starting soon in your area up to 2 weeks, usually then you get an email from HR telling you to take a test on the scheduled day, plus fill out an application online and consent for drug testing and health form.

Step 3: If you passed the test (which you will know after you take it. You get a paper telling you if you are qualified on the test(s)). You are then scheduled for an interview to do the BEI.

Step 4: BEI-The day of BEI be prepared to be there for 2 plus hours, depending on your last name. The first hour is a presentation about the company, your job role, and benefits. If you are the type of person that is LATE, or calling in a lot. AT&T is NOT the place for you, unless you are willing to change your habits. They don't care what happens, you better be to work on time, logged in on time. While I was waiting for the group presentation, since I was early, I got to witness how the call center works. IT's MICROMANAGED! to a tee. If it was 8:01 and you were not logged in, trust me everyone knew it, heck I didn't even work there and I knew it. If you are on hold longer than 3 mins, someone is instructed to find out why you have the customer on hold.

Step 5: You are IN or Not-later that day usually after 2:30pm, you will get a call from the hiring manager letting you know if you were hired. Within 24 hours you have to take the drug test, no EXCEPTIONS, if you do not do so, you have to wait 6 mos before you can work there. Also make sure that all paper work is faxed to HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

darla lipsey in Kalamazoo, Michigan

77 months ago

what do they look for doing your background check is it extreme can you have old misdermeanor's in your file like 5yrs.old

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darla lipsey in Kalamazoo, Michigan

77 months ago

Princess in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have to say my experience with being hired at AT&T was fairly simple. I applied, got an email to test, got a phone interview, and then an in person interview, did the drug test and background check, and was hired...all with in 3-4 weeks. It might be because the AT&T center down here is hiring about 100 people or so. Good luck to you!

what does at&t look for during the background check can you have misdermeanor's that are like 5yrs.old do you know of anyone that did not pass the back ground check.what if they make you the offer first and background check second what then thank you for your input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.