ATT wireless hiring timeline

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (39)

Gabi in Indianapolis, Indiana

47 months ago

Hey!

I submitted my application back in August for a Retail Sales Consultant position and on Aug 26th it was moved to being reviewed by HR. I was wondering am I still in the running for this position or should I give up hope? I really want it and have followed up with the store I applied for but they said all hiring is actually done by corporate. How long did it take for you guys to get hired??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shas in Jacksonville, Arkansas

47 months ago

I put in my ap in july and got a call aug 5th to go to interview.... and i still am waiting on background check to go to training. it really does take a long time to get through the process. if you are selected a hr rep will call you and conduct an interview then go from there. hope this helps
good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

thanks! and congrats to you! i hope they call me! i think i'd be an amazing asset to the company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brettrose99 in Wasilla, Alaska

47 months ago

Hey question for you all... I applied for Assistant Manager at a retail store; interviewed with SM and talked to her the following week and told her I had another job offer should I decline, she said please do.. My status on ATT job page for the submission is "completed".. It's now been 2.5 weeks and nothing from the HR office to present a "offer".. I moved here to AK last year and worked for Home Depot as a manager for a year; I got feed up one day with the politics and just walked out/quit an the spot, I left them off my resume and just put my last job in FL as my current. Between that a "failure to submit to a breathalyzer" 2009 and a "disorderly conduct" 2005 anyone think that would stop me from getting the job? A little worried here! Been without a job since July! Pickings are slim in this one horse town! Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sash12 in Jacksonville, Louisiana

47 months ago

no one can really tell you what to do. I will tell you that the hiring process is long and strssful I have been going through it scince JUNE! So if you need a job asap I am afraid that might not be the case. And for the charges hindering your job it might matter if you told them or not. I really do not know how far back they go but those where pretty recent. I wish I knew more for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gabi in Raleigh, North Carolina

47 months ago

I just got a call and an interview today! :) they said they'd call me back tomorrow with an update! yay for progress lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jlhennessey in Waterville, Maine

47 months ago

My advice is hang tight, they definitely take their time. I am JUST starting my training on OCT 4th and I was interviewed in JULY!! It took a while to get an interview and a very very long time to get the background check completed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ncosky in State College, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

I agree... Although my process was faster up to now... I applied on sept 8th. got a call for interview for the 15th. It went well. I then got a call the following Monday for an in store interview on tuesday with the store manager. Now i am waiting for HR staffing to call me. My recruiter said the store manager chose me as the candidate but i still need a formal offer to make me know i got the job. Hope my drug/bg check and testing goes faster as the store is new and needs staffed asap but i am not holding my breath.

Nick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Keep us updated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

47 months ago

I applied for a Retail Store position (part-time) and I have not heard anything. Does anyone have a contact information for store managers in the Greensboro or Charlotte area?

Do you think it would be a good idea to go into the store and talk to the manager?

47 months ago

Depends. Did you have an interview with the manager or not? My first interview was HR and then he liked me so i got an interview with the SM and now am waiting for staffing to call me. been almost a week... horrible time they have.

47 months ago

hey guys! i finally am offically hired as of today, the store manager said that i was hired last wednesday!! But i won't be able to start working until October 24th and my two week training starts November 4th. :( THAT'S A LONG TIME!!! if i didn't already have another job i'd be tempted to pass lol the rep said that my background check/drug test should be done in 5-7 days so fingers crossed that is how long it really takes! good luck to the rest of ya'll :) and hope my info helps for those out there wondering how long AT&T takes like i was!

47 months ago

also as far as contacting the store managers they really have nothing to do with the actual hiring process besides the interview. you pretty much have to hold tight and hope that the corporate HR likes you enough to inform the store manager about you fingers crossed for you! but on the otherhand it would be nice if your name was forwarded along for the manager to be able to place a face with a name :)

ksims2 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

47 months ago

hey everyone! i have been applying to AT&T since july for numerous positions & i finally received a phone call from HR. after not being considered for a few positions, i have one status that is "met minimum requirements"?? does anyone know the next step? it's hard to have patience when it comes to a finding a new job...

scott in Bloomington, Indiana

47 months ago

ncosky in State College, Pennsylvania said: Depends. Did you have an interview with the manager or not? My first interview was HR and then he liked me so i got an interview with the SM and now am waiting for staffing to call me. been almost a week... horrible time they have.

Hey, I am actually in the same boat as you are, I was wondering how long this takes and if have heard back from them. I had the interview with the SM and now I have been waiting almost a week. Have you heard anything, and if you are not selected do they call to let you know, or should I call the HR rep I interviewed with first?
thanks for the help

ncosky in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

scott in Bloomington, Indiana said: Hey, I am actually in the same boat as you are, I was wondering how long this takes and if have heard back from them. I had the interview with the SM and now I have been waiting almost a week. Have you heard anything, and if you are not selected do they call to let you know, or should I call the HR rep I interviewed with first?
thanks for the help

i was hired a week ago formally i start the 22nd

scott in Bloomington, Indiana

47 months ago

ncosky in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: i was hired a week ago formally i start the 22nd

Well I just checked on the online thing and it says I was not selected, I'm assuming that means I didnt get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ncosky in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

scott in Bloomington, Indiana said: Well I just checked on the online thing and it says I was not selected, I'm assuming that means I didnt get it.

That would be correct. You were not selected out of the candidates. I'm sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

StupendingZero in High Point, North Carolina

47 months ago

I have a face to face interview on Monday!

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

47 months ago

scott in Bloomington, Indiana said: Well I just checked on the online thing and it says I was not selected, I'm assuming that means I didnt get it.

Hey Scott, when I applied to AT&T for a part-time in-store sales, my online profile said something like, "not considering at this time" but then I get a phone call to do a phone interview. As of today, I have heard nothing from them. It is really confusing not knowing where you stand in the hiring process and cannot get any answers.

jazzlyn in Lihue, Hawaii

47 months ago

Gabi in Indianapolis, Indiana said: also as far as contacting the store managers they really have nothing to do with the actual hiring process besides the interview. you pretty much have to hold tight and hope that the corporate HR likes you enough to inform the store manager about you fingers crossed for you! but on the otherhand it would be nice if your name was forwarded along for the manager to be able to place a face with a name :)

i got a call from hr and guess what the store manager did not get my resume what does dat mean? the hr dont like me? but i had an 45 min interview with the manager face to face. and one of my friends uncle work there. they say they are busy mayb thats y they are not hiring. im waiting for a att staff to call me for a drug test but no nothin is happening. almost a month i waited and the online status says testing status update.help plz

caroline121 in Goldendale, Washington

32 months ago

I applied on November 14th, and did testing the same day. I had a phone interview on December 5th with the hiring manager. I was told my information would be sent to the store manager within a few days, but that because of the holidays, it might be a while before the store manager calls me. I still haven't heard anything, and I am not concerned about the background check.

Should I continue to wait for the store manager to call me or do you think I should go to the store and introduce myself?

Thanks!

Jake in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

I too am in the same boat. I had my RJP (2nd interview) with a different location because the original one I applied to had an internal transfer so I was asked about switching locations. Had the RJP and was told by the store manager, who was also "hanging" with the district manager that came in to meet me, that I would hear something from the hiring or staffing person who set the whole thing up in a day or two. So, does anybody know what all happens with that? If the store and district manager made their decision right after I left or if there is more talk to happen first. I'm considering calling the staffing manager today to see whats going on. If i'm not selected you'd think they would notify me right away. If i am selected, shouldn't they call too? what's with the whole waiting process

22 months ago

AT&T is just very slow in general in hiring so I would say wait a few days and then give them a call back to check up on the standing of your application. from the time I put in an application it was a month before I was contacted for an interview and then after the interview I heard back the next day but that's not to say that you didn't get the job. They may be interviewing a few more candidates that they had lined up. Hope that helps out some! and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

So I still have a good chance? today is day two of two that the manager said I'd hear something and still nothing yet. I just dont know what to expect if I'm still being considered would they have told me by now..like if i was not selected would i have found out right away or do they wait either way to tell you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

You still do! I'd give him a call later on today if you still haven't heard from him first. I ended up calling my manager back because I still hadn't heard from him

22 months ago

Is there a reason they haven't called me yet? is that a good sign? are they known for doing this to people with waiting so long to notify them? they called me a day short of exactly two weeks after i first interviewed to tell me about another location that was hiring

22 months ago

Gabi in Indianapolis, Indiana said: You still do! I'd give him a call later on today if you still haven't heard from him first. I ended up calling my manager back because I still hadn't heard from him

Was that manager about to tell you if you were selected or not? Don't know if I should call him or call the staffing manager about this..plus being a holiday today not sure if they're open or not

Gabi

22 months ago

I contacted the store manager of the store I interveiwed at. Ultimatley they have the final decision of who gets hired.

22 months ago

Gabi said: I contacted the store manager of the store I interveiwed at. Ultimatley they have the final decision of who gets hired.

Ok I'll probably call them today and see what's going on. He shouldn't get mad at me for calling because it shows I want the job, right?

deoxide2012 in Hacienda Heights, California

22 months ago

Gabi said: I contacted the store manager of the store I interveiwed at. Ultimatley they have the final decision of who gets hired.

Not true. They have a big say in it but not the final nor 100% say. Both the store and hiring manager have to agree. Then there are 2 directors above the HR manager who have to sign off before you get offered a contingent offer.

22 months ago

deoxide2012 in Hacienda Heights, California said: Not true. They have a big say in it but not the final nor 100% say. Both the store and hiring manager have to agree. Then there are 2 directors above the HR manager who have to sign off before you get offered a contingent offer.

Wow so there are quite a bit of people that have to say yes first. So I won't hear a reply for a while when my 2nd interview was last week then. Still worth it to call the store manager and ask?

22 months ago

I would wait till after the 2nd day if they told you to wait 2 days...but if you call before that 2nd day, they might get annoyed.

22 months ago

Ok thank you. just being a "holiday" today wasn't sure if today counted as a day or not for them

22 months ago

Columbus day, I don't think counts as a national holiday. My wife is high lvl exec with St of CA and they are not closed today.

22 months ago

deoxide2012 in Hacienda Heights, California said: Columbus day, I don't think counts as a national holiday. My wife is high lvl exec with St of CA and they are not closed today.

Thank you for all the info. I appreciate it!

Lukasw34 in Tempe, Arizona

22 months ago

Hey guys i have a question for everyone, I had an interview saturday with a store manager for a retail consultant job. that night the status on the att job site said something along the lines "Manager is interviewing other candidates, you will be informed of there decision later on" it is now two days later and the status now says "completed" now i understand this could mean that the interviewing status is completed so my main question here is do the people they hire get the "completed" status or is that just everyone who was interviewed?

BrianS in Watertown, Massachusetts

22 months ago

Lukasw34 in Tempe, Arizona said: Hey guys i have a question for everyone, I had an interview saturday with a store manager for a retail consultant job. that night the status on the att job site said something along the lines "Manager is interviewing other candidates, you will be informed of there decision later on" it is now two days later and the status now says "completed" now i understand this could mean that the interviewing status is completed so my main question here is do the people they hire get the "completed" status or is that just everyone who was interviewed?

Wait Couple days and the manager should call you same thing happened with me I start training on oct 22

Rosy in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

So I applied last Sunday for a part time position, got a call for a phone interview on Wednesday and set up a face to face interview with HR this Wednesday, I went back to check on my application status, and even though I have my interview for Wednesday, it is saying "not considering you at this time". Should I be concerned about this? Is it possible for it to change? I am freaking out!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.