My experience with AT&T

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 115)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Jasmine in New Orleans, Louisiana

49 months ago

The important thing about this interview is that they want to know specifics about your experience. Like when they asked tell me about a situation when you helped an angry customer without your manager's help. They don't want to hear what you will do, they want to know what you have done in the past. So be prepared with specific situations.

During the interview, the RHM asked me to fill out a form that stated my availability. She told me to make sure that the same availability I tell her, I should tell the store manager (at the store I would be hired for) if I were to be hired. I have a feeling that AT&T is very strict with scheduling, haha. The way it was explained to me, the schedule is computer generated. So there is no bias. However you can request time off (through the computer) but its senority base. So the person who has been around the longest gets the time off first. After that, if you need a day you have to switch with someone else.

You accrue vacation after 6 months, you get paid compensated commission for the first 3 months (after training I assume). After the first 3months, you are expected to meet your quota (or minimum commission). When my interview was over, she told me she would forward my application to a store manager (If I was selected from one of the candidates) and then I would go talk to that manager. The manager you speak to is the manager you'll be working with. She said I should hear from her within a week.

Within 20 minutes of leaving, she called me and had an interview set up for me the next day. Now I know this is abnormal. There were plenty of open positions available and come to find out, they were trying to staff a new store. So this is probably why they called so fast. I would say call the RHM back after a week to check on the status of your application or send a thank you card. You can also check connect.att.com to find out where you stand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

The interview with the manager is the good part. You pretty much have the job, if the manager likes you and thinks you will help the store. He asked my availability, asked what I could bring to the store, and things like that. 2 days after the interview I got a call from the local HR department and was offered the job. All in all it took me about a week and a half. But like I said, there were plenty positions available.

The final stage was the hardest part, for me, because I have a misdemeanor on my background. After they offer you the job, you have to wait until your background comes back to start training. During which time they can rescind your job offer. I self reported my misdemeanor, which I think helped. Don't try to cover anything up because these background checks that HireRight does are detailed!

I was supposed to start Dec 6th but because of complications with how the misdemeanor appeared on my background (as a felony!!) I ended up having to dispute it. All the while I stayed in full contact with my rep from HR (who was very nice) and was able to get my record disputed. After my dispute, however, HireRight wanted me to write up a reason why AT&T should still hire me despite the charge on my criminal history (haha its not as bad as I'm making it seem) and I honestly wrote why I should be hired. That was yesterday. Now I'm back on track and I'm waiting to start on the 3rd.

I don't have my travel arrangements (yet) but I'll try to keep this updated as I go! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Successfulmama in Snellville, Georgia

48 months ago

I had my final interview on thursday now my status says awaiting final decision has anyone seen that before??? and what happend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

The Hiring Manager is in the process of finalizing her/her decision and you are among the finalists. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TabithaJS1 in Morristown, New Jersey

48 months ago

Jasmine in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Tabitha,

Depending on what the need is at AT&T, depends on how fast the process is. Have you done a telephone interview yet? If not, the the Regional Hiring Manager will arrange that (not with her/him) and after that interview someone from his/her office will contact you to set up an interview with the Regional Hiring Manager.

It took me less than a week, but the sales position is in higher demand that the ASM position so it could take longer. Like I said, depending on the need. The next training time is Jan 3rd, I would say that you probably wouldn't be able to start until after that training date.

Did you only apply for one job?

I applied for 2 positions, I have been in one company for over 5 years and have advanced 5 times, 4 times which was advancement in management. The first assistant manager position I applied for they said I was not being considered the second Assistant manager position I applied for they said I was qualified but now they are saying they are no longer accepting job applications for that location. Does that mean the position is already filled? And is it a guarantee that they will call me?? Thank you for ALL your help and any more info you hve for me will be greatly appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TabithaJS1 in Morristown, New Jersey

48 months ago

Jasmine in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Tabitha,

Depending on what the need is at AT&T, depends on how fast the process is. Have you done a telephone interview yet? If not, the the Regional Hiring Manager will arrange that (not with her/him) and after that interview someone from his/her office will contact you to set up an interview with the Regional Hiring Manager.

It took me less than a week, but the sales position is in higher demand that the ASM position so it could take longer. Like I said, depending on the need. The next training time is Jan 3rd, I would say that you probably wouldn't be able to start until after that training date.

Did you only apply for one job?

And I have not had a phone interview yet!! I'm so stressed but I'm trying to be paitent!

48 months ago

No long accepting Job submissions means just that. It does NOT mean that they already hired someone. Just that they have enough qualified candidates. When was the last update for that application?

Honestly, I would go ahead and apply for full time sales. I'm not sure how much the ASM position pays, but the full time pays pretty well also and it might be easier to move up from that position, especially if you don't want to wait :) How long has it been since you applied?

Tabithajs09 in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

Tabithajs09 in Brooklyn, New York said: My last update was on December 7th that said i was qualified. Then i saw the post today that said they were no longer accepting job applications for that location. But you have given me hope!

I applied on December 1st for that specific location and i got the update that said i was qualified on the 7th. So far, no calls or emails updating my status.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Sounds like you are still good! I would expect a call this week as they sift through the qualified candidates! Keep us posted!!

Tabithajs09 in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

Jasmine in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Sounds like you are still good! I would expect a call this week as they sift through the qualified candidates! Keep us posted!!

As of today I am still waiting to hear anything. I guess no news is better than bad news in the case of AT&T employment! Hopefully i get a call within the next couple of weeks!

48 months ago

Tabithajs09 in Brooklyn, New York said: As of today I am still waiting to hear anything. I guess no news is better than bad news in the case of AT&T employment! Hopefully i get a call within the next couple of weeks!

No longer accepting has nothing to do with your status.. That just means that no one else can apply for that position which is a good thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

So I start my training in one week!! However, I didn't get a phone call concerning my hotel and travel, etc. So I waited until after Christmas (I figured they were super busy) and called this afternoon (to the Manager at the store) and found out my traveling arrangements. I was offered a flight to Birmingham, AL but instead I chose to drive my own car (since its only 5.5 hour drive). I'm under the impression that I will have my own hotel room, but I guess we'll see in one week! I'll keep y'all posted!!

Bob in Stratham, New Hampshire

48 months ago

Something to think about before applying or accepting a job with AT&T Interactive. I came by this site, www.yellowpagesscam.com. It was sent to me by a buddy, who was also a customer of mine while I was a rep selling yellowpages.com products. I wish I knew of the kind of results people are getting when signing up with AT&T Interactive, yellowpages.com, yp.com, whatever they call themselves, products. There are a lot of sites out there that are designed for the purpose of warning people about YP.com, as well as sites that are trying to create Law Suits against Yellowpages.com.
The bottom line is you can make large amounts of money with AT&T, but since you are on a month-to-month quota that is strictly enforced, you have no time to follow up with customers to see how they are doing and making sure they are meeting expectations.
Like I said, you can make substantial amounts of money. And if you follow the AT&T Interactive system, you will. However, you should also go into this job with the consideration of the small to mid size business owner. Most of these businesses are family owned and are they putting all they got into their little business. All I can say is take care of these people. Don't sell them programs that cost lots of money and don't work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

yekis16 in Miami, Florida

48 months ago

Hi i havent received my travel arrangements and i start training on monday can anyoone please help as who i should call the store manager the recruiter i am nervous as to my accomadations.

jasmines: what hotel will you be staying at

48 months ago

Call the Store Manager! They have to book all your travel arrangements. It doesn't take that long, but call NOW!! lol I actually talked to my Store Manager on Wednesday and found out there was an in town class but it starts a week later. So I'm actually staying home (no hotel!) and going to class here in New Orleans. However they book REALLY nice rooms for their employees!

48 months ago

ok omg thank you so much i will call her right now !

48 months ago

omg the number i have for my store manager is disconnected

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Call the store. That's where they book everything anyway

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

i called the store and they said the manager wasnt there , who should i speak with assistant manager or who thanks so much for the help

48 months ago

Yes, then you should speak to one of the assistants.

48 months ago

thank i called , there might be a problem they r saying since im only 2 1/2 hrs i dont get the hotel but earlier they had said yes so idk , im a little nervous 2 1/2 hrs back and forth everyday is very long drive and costly

48 months ago

They are very generous about travel reimbursement, but I'm surprised they wouldn't pay for your hotel.

48 months ago

i thought thd same but it is looking like i will not get the hotel , yes i would get reimbursed for the money but the time ill be driving will be exhausting miami traffic is horrible

yekis16

48 months ago

thanks for your help i was able to get the hotel , if you could gove me any info on the training if you or anyone here has started it yet

Williamsburgh in Cleveland, Ohio

48 months ago

yekis16 said: thanks for your help i was able to get the hotel , if you could gove me any info on the training if you or anyone here has started it yet

Show some love and give me some info about the first days of training. I'm going the 17th. Do you have to room with someone, what's the dress code, how many people in class ect...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yekis16 in Boca Raton, Florida

47 months ago

no you room alone , pretty nice and comfy hotel , dress code is proffesional slacks and long sleeve button downs they prefer ties. my class is small only 9 but they average about 15

47 months ago

ugh... I don't want to wear a button down for training... can we get some polo action lol... couple more stupid questions... trainings paid right?? how about lunch :-) also what hours are you working and is it the 3 week or 4 week training?

47 months ago

You can wear a polo, apparently, because one guy had one on and nothing was said. Training is paid at your regular hourly, 4 week training with 3rd week in the store. Lunch will be paid if you live far enough away. Talk to your manager ahead of time about that. Training is 8AM - 5PM Tuesday - Friday and 10AM - 7PM on Mondays.

I just started today and I LOVE IT! MY class is small too, 10 people.

lrbell84 in Canton, Michigan

47 months ago

Today was my first day of training too... in farmington hills michigan. Be prepared to do alot of hands on activities and speaking in front of the class. But you will have lots of fun.

47 months ago

I just finished up the first week of training for the RSC postion; and jeez!!!! I'm so happy it's the weekend. You will defintely feel overwhelmed but you will get through it. Lots of tests just take plenty of notes

AJ 2011 in Wichita, Kansas

47 months ago

Training questions: I haven't met with my manager yet (meeting scheduled next week) about travel arrangements. My training begins at the end of this month 7 hours away. My manager mentioned in the interview I'd be flying there, then back home for the weekend. Flying back to training for the 2nd week, then back home for the 3rd week in store, then again back to training for the fourth week. They wouldn't keep me there for the first full two weeks? Anyone know if I'll have a vehicle available while I'm there or is transportation from the hotel to training provided? Any tips or words of advice for training? Thanks!

47 months ago

You have the option to use a cab. Also, your hotel probably has a shuttle that you can use. And, most importantly, you will be meeting alot of new people that are pretty awesome. Mingle, meet new people and they'll take care of you. My only tips is make sure you bring everything you need... Other than that it's a very good experience and you'll meet new people that you'll know for a long time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jcou in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

I start training Feb 14th in Houston. I'm pretty excited. I'm just curious if anyone else is going to this training? Also, what is a few tips on keys to successful training and how to get the most out of it?

47 months ago

Jcou in Houston, Texas said: I start training Feb 14th in Houston. I'm pretty excited. I'm just curious if anyone else is going to this training? Also, what is a few tips on keys to successful training and how to get the most out of it?

Hello, just be prepared to take plenty of notes and participate because you will have weekly report cards sent to your store manager. If you don"t know something... no question is a stupid one. Have fun and pay attention. Oh yeah and don't be late... not even 5 mins. You will have to do alot of web base training and standing in front of the class giving demostrations.

kenv in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

47 months ago

Jcou in Houston, Texas said: I start training Feb 14th in Houston. I'm pretty excited. I'm just curious if anyone else is going to this training? Also, what is a few tips on keys to successful training and how to get the most out of it?

I may be in that class. I live in Missouri. I am suppose to find out Wednesday where I'll be going. I was told that I'll be starting training on the 14th and that its either St. Louis or Texas. Maybe its Texas!

cou9816 in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

kenv in Cape Girardeau, Missouri said: I may be in that class. I live in Missouri. I am suppose to find out Wednesday where I'll be going. I was told that I'll be starting training on the 14th and that its either St. Louis or Texas. Maybe its Texas!

Right now that's where I am scheduled to go but they said it may change, I'll find out also Wednesday. They said I may also go to Plano just depends on how many people are scheduled to go to this class. As of Thursday there were only 4 people so we will see.

47 months ago

cool, have you got any other details about training? dress code, schedule, etc? just curious.

47 months ago

I only got the basic layout of the training, it is Monday through Friday. Monday is 10:00 to 7:00 and Tuesday through Friday 8:30 to 5:30. It is a month of training. The first two weeks will be at the training site, the third week back in the show and then the fourth week back in at the training site. The dress code is business casual. So I will be wearing dress slacks, dress belt, a button down long sleeve shirt, loafers or dress boots, and maybe occasionally a tie. I should find the rest of the details Wednesday or Thursday.

46 months ago

kenv in Cape Girardeau, Missouri said: cool, have you got any other details about training? dress code, schedule, etc? just curious.

Are you going to houston? Thats where I am going, I leave tomorrow to check into my hotel, Im staying at the Hilton this week and at The Drury Hotel the second and fourth week

46 months ago

nah, they got enough for a class here. I'm headed to St. Louis for training. Which is better, I live about 2 hours from there

lgsedam in Brighton, Michigan

46 months ago

Hey, so I applied a little over a week ago, and Im not sure where you guys are seeing these statuses. I mean I have an icon next to my application that says "Job Submitted for" but how do you see the other stuff?

I would LOVE to work for AT&T and Im kind of a geek and love EVERYTHING thats technical at all, but I have no idea what to do. Any help?

46 months ago

Is there any way to get in touch with the HR personel? I talked to someone at the store that posted online saying they needed help and they recomneded calling HR but I can't find the listing anywhere :-( They said it's the Farmingtin Hills office in Michigan.

PLEASE help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grainger in Austell, Georgia

46 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT "TESTING QUALIFIED" MEANS??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lgsedam in Flint, Michigan

46 months ago

It means that you passed your testing. I had a problem with my testing and ended up in contact with HR. They said it means that the testing has passed with an "acceptable" score.

I'm right there with ya, Good Luck!!

46 months ago

lrbell84 in Canton, Michigan said: Hello, just be prepared to take plenty of notes and participate because you will have weekly report cards sent to your store manager. If you don"t know something... no question is a stupid one. Have fun and pay attention. Oh yeah and don't be late... not even 5 mins. You will have to do alot of web base training and standing in front of the class giving demostrations.

lrbell84,

Seeing as how you are from the general area, I was wondering if you had any advice...

46 months ago

Just finished my second week of training on Friday. Headed to my third week which will be in the my store tomorrow. I think this is going to be the most challenging week of all four. I was told that completing every page in our training book was absolutely necessary or we could be ask to restart training or even dismissed. So better believe I will have this book completed even if I have to do some work off the clock even though thats against COBC. I will not restart the training, I have enjoyed it but only making the minimum salary through base pay won't cut it for another month.

AJ 2011 in Wichita, Kansas

46 months ago

cou9816 in Houston, Texas said: Just finished my second week of training on Friday. Headed to my third week which will be in the my store tomorrow. I think this is going to be the most challenging week of all four. I was told that completing every page in our training book was absolutely necessary or we could be ask to restart training or even dismissed. So better believe I will have this book completed even if I have to do some work off the clock even though thats against COBC. I will not restart the training, I have enjoyed it but only making the minimum salary through base pay won't cut it for another month.

Week 3 isn't bad. Just follow your participant guide and you'll be fine. Try your best to minimize distractions, especially if your computer is in the breakroom. One piece of advice: drive in OPUS as much as you can. When you're doing floor observations, looking over a rep's shoulder won't teach you near as much as actually going thru the steps with the mouse in your hand, so even if it means being a little proactive and reminding the other RSC's that you need to be driving. You'll have plenty of time this week to get everything done. I had a few classes that I failed/didn't finish from weeks 1 and 2 that I easily finished up in week 3. Definitely don't work off the clock. Don't be shy about pulling your managers aside even if they're busy when you have a question or when it's time for customer of the day or your one-on-one. Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Waterford, Connecticut

46 months ago

I start my training class on March 21 in Rocky Hill, CT. My recruiter has me in a hotel because I live 50 miles away, which is nice. I'm supposed to get a call from someone a week before my class starts to give me my travel arrangements, does anyone know if it is my manager or someone else? Do they give us a debit card for our food or are we on our own? What week do we get our company phones? I'm very excited about starting as an RSC.

46 months ago

Mark in Waterford, Connecticut said: I start my training class on March 21 in Rocky Hill, CT. My recruiter has me in a hotel because I live 50 miles away, which is nice. I'm supposed to get a call from someone a week before my class starts to give me my travel arrangements, does anyone know if it is my manager or someone else? Do they give us a debit card for our food or are we on our own? What week do we get our company phones? I'm very excited about starting as an RSC.

I am about to start my fourth week of training. Your manager should call you about all of your travel arrangements on the Wednesday or Thursday before you go. Mine emailed me all the info on the reservation but I still had issues when I went to check in because you don't have the credit card that they used to reserve the room, so I had to get ahold of my manager and there was a form that needs to be filled out. So have your managers number saved. Also, you should get a prepaid debit card for food. It should be about 40-42 dollars a day for food, be sure to keep all receipts and do not go over that amount. And there was a mix up with our card delivery so we didnt get ours until that thursday of the first week. If you have this issue keep all your receipts for reimbursement. Also, I got my COU phone on the third week when training was back in the store. I got the HTC Inspire....Awesome. Training can be alot of fun long as you get involved, the Web Based Training is a little boring but you learn alot. Just be ready for alot of info, and don't expect to remember everything.

Jay in Woodridge, Illinois

46 months ago

So what does training look like for people who drive an hour to the site? Is there gas reimbursement? I'm asking about retail consultant training.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.