Hiring Process in San Jose Prem Tech job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 51)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Dkloss28 in San Jose, California

44 months ago

I applied for the Prem tech a week ago and got accepted to take the test. To my surprise I was exempt from the test and didn't have to take it. Has anyone gone through this before, i'm wondering if it was a good thing to be exempt from the test.

Thank You
Don

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in American Canyon, California

44 months ago

I just went through the same process,I applied, then got accepted to take test, but I had to take the test, I found out I passed just shortly after the test and was told to just wait for a staffing manager to call me. I'll post more when and if I find out more. Did they tell you you would get a call from a staffing manager?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

I was never told but as of last Friday I got a conditional offer and now I'm just waiting for my background and physical to go through

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

No problem

Btw was the test difficult?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

I'd say half the test were simple common sense questions, the other half more about the job, like where to secure your anchors on poles and stuff, 25pr colors and pair numbers. But all together it wasn't too difficult if you have experience. What was the conditional offer? Did they offer you a higher wage due to your experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Yeah it was top starting pay for the position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shall8909 in Castro Valley, California

44 months ago

Hey Steve, Did you take the test today in Oakland? I also took the test today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Yeah I took the test in Oakland today. Were you one of the people that passed? If you did pass, you should post if you get a phone call or not that would be awesome, ill do the same.

44 months ago

Any news?

44 months ago

I got the job for the Mountain View location I start on the 27th of this month. The reason I'm getting top pay is because of my schooling, I have a degree in computer technology and also more then 6 years experience in the Field IT position.

44 months ago

Yeah they already gave me the offer and already signed up to the company already. The staffing manager I was with was Angelica from the San Ramon office.

44 months ago

Congrats to both of you thats awesome. Im still waiting for a call back after taking and passing the TMT-II. I applied for the Napa position and it has only been 10 days for me,hopefully ill get a call soon.

44 months ago

I feel you on the waiting it was killing me waiting to find out what is going on.

44 months ago

Yeah man, the waiting game sucks!

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri

44 months ago

2 1/2 month wait here! But I start friday. The wait sucks but worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

steve in American Canyon, California

42 months ago

finally just got my job offer! hows the job goin for the rest of u guys?

jamesblair08

41 months ago

steve in American Canyon, California said: finally just got my job offer! hows the job goin for the rest of u guys?

How long it take u to get the offer after u took the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Technorcal in Castro Valley, California

37 months ago

Hello,
I've been working in telecommunications for twelve years. Telephone & DSL install/maintenance and a couple of grunt jobs.
Applied on line in Sept. for AT&T Premises Technician position. Was able to bypass initial testing because of my experience. On 11/22/11 attended Realistic Job Preview & Premises Tech Assessment in San Ramon, CA. There were a few guys who ended up leaving after the Realistic Job Preview. The 1st level manager who interviewed me posed four different scenarios that are answered with common sense and on the job experience. He told me that he would be giving me "Two Thumbs Up" and would be forwarding that sentiment to Staffing. I've e-mailed them to let them know that I am looking forward to working for AT&T.

It is now 12/8/11.
My online status: "HR review".

Has anyone in this group been contacted?

Note: I know a few Premises Techs and the conditions they work under.

mariod2121 in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

I went this the process got a call and was given a conditional job offer and was sent an email from Hire Right they are the company that does the background check. I was also told I was going to receive and email for drug-screen and physical and all that but never did. Just got a call that i was disqualified because i "missed my drug test" and told the lady I never got an email about a drug test and where to go for it, she said she sent it and they just said "thank you bye". The drug test and background check information are two different e-mails right???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nguyen Ngoc Hieu Thuan in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

33 months ago

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TrifeLife in Crestview, Florida

29 months ago

Hi, I have a question for you guys who are or are becoming Premises Technicians. I just scheduled for the assessment at the Pearson center, the thing is I'm here in florida and have a clean Florida Drivers License. I even verified with the DMV here. But about 18 months ago in NY where I was at the time I got a DWI. Will that show up on the background check if I don't mention it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rivergoat

28 months ago

I don't know what's up. I took the first test in Oakland 2 weeks ago and easily passed. Today I met in San Ramon CA for the assessment test. My interviewer said I did GREAT, and judging by my responses should be an excellent asset to the company. Within 2 hours I got an email that said I did not qualify in the assessment. WTF? I have 14 years of relevant experience, including excellent customer service skills. The interview went perfect. How could I get disqualified, and within 2 hours? Could there have been an automated email error? I am trying to contact AT&T for clarification. Honestly, not one person in the group had better qualifications than me. I also wrote a snail mail letter in case emails go to a dead box. Who/where do I inquire about this?

creativgenii in San Jose, California

28 months ago

Rivergoat said: I don't know what's up. I took the first test in Oakland 2 weeks ago and easily passed. Today I met in San Ramon CA for the assessment test. My interviewer said I did GREAT, and judging by my responses should be an excellent asset to the company. Within 2 hours I got an email that said I did not qualify in the assessment. WTF? I have 14 years of relevant experience, including excellent customer service skills. The interview went perfect. How could I get disqualified, and within 2 hours? Could there have been an automated email error? I am trying to contact AT&T for clarification. Honestly, not one person in the group had better qualifications than me. I also wrote a snail mail letter in case emails go to a dead box. Who/where do I inquire about this?

I took the test in Oakland a week ago and so glad that i passed the test. Now i got an email from AT&T Staffing West to take the PTA in San Ramon next week. When you went to take your PTA, i wonder what type of questions they ask during that time. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rivergoat in Los Gatos, California

28 months ago

creativgenii in San Jose, California said: I took the test in Oakland a week ago and so glad that i passed the test. Now i got an email from AT&T Staffing West to take the PTA in San Ramon next week. When you went to take your PTA, i wonder what type of questions they ask during that time. Thanks.

There are 4 basic questions. What skills/experience do you have that you think will make you a good T&T employee? How did you deal with a customer/client that was upset or rude? When was an instance when you were unable to resolve an issue on your own, and how did you deal with it? When was an instance when you needed to demonstrate a new product or service to a client/customer, and how did they react to your instructions?

That was it. Took under an hour. I answered them all quickly and succinctly. My interviewer said (in his words) I gave great responses, and that I would likely be an asset to the company. Within 2 hours I got an email that said I was disqualified after taking the PTA interview. That made no sense to me, and I have been unable to get any further details. However, I spoke to a friend who is an AT&T splicing tech, and he said I'm probably over-qualified, that AT&T prefers to hire the youngest applicants, little or no experience, and pay them the lowest starting wage. I would have qualified for the highest starting wage, something they try to avid. Yes, everyone tells me the job isn't that great, that the Prem Techs are poorly treated, but it's the only tech job AT&T hires, everything else is promoted from within. Plus, my friend said there's high turn over rate with Prem Techs, so it surely isn't a dream job for most.

Still, I was willing to take it on, and not happy that because of my skill set I am not a candidate. It's either over qualified or under qualified...!

Good luck with your PTA. Please feel free to post how it went.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

miladie.haddad in El Cajon, California

24 months ago

hello,
i applied with AT&T and passed the first test, then i got another interview and now i am waiting since 11 days and didn't get any reply, i wanna know if they accepted me or they said no, they said they will contact us through email telling us if we are accepted or not but till now there is nothing, what should i expect?? any idea??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jcaleb93 in Foley, Alabama

23 months ago

Yea i applied back in August of 2011, I just got an email last week January 2013 to attend the Realistic job Preview. I attended and took the 4 question assesment talked about earlier in this forum. I got an email the next day saying that I qualified on the assesment and I would be placed in a pool of qualified candidates, and to expect an email or call for further instructions. I called the ATT staffing center, to get further information, she informed me that if my email indeed did say I qualified, then to expect a phone call soon, stating that i need to take my drug test, and shortly after I would be at orientation and then training. So i check my application status online, and it says Hiring Department Review - The HR Manager has your application, and resume, and you will be receiving more information at a later date.
My question is, if anyone has gotten this far, is how long does it take for them to call for your drug test, and just how soon, am i going to be in training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shawnk in Antioch, California

23 months ago

Just applied for the prem tech position.. Anyone have any info on how long it takes to hear a reply after the realistic job preview? I had the interview on Tuesday, Wednesday I got an email saying that I passed the (rjp). I'm going to call att today. Hopefully I get the job, really need it. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!

Jimmy Sanchez in Pittsburg, California

14 months ago

I passed the test and the interview, so what's next? After my interview she just told me I passed but I have no idea what I'll have to do next.

Jim Morrison in West Sacramento, California

14 months ago

I interviewed for concord, ca. It seemed to go well and yesterday 10/24/13 made 3 weeks. Still nothing. Anyone have an idea on how long it takes from the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

14 months ago

Jim Morrison in West Sacramento, California said: I interviewed for concord, ca. It seemed to go well and yesterday 10/24/13 made 3 weeks. Still nothing. Anyone have an idea on how long it takes from the interview?

I waited almost 6-7 months after my interview to get my drug test/physical call. Sometimes the process is lengthy so patience is vital. I'm in training now and I'm very excited to be a part of AT&T.

14 months ago

Jimmy Sanchez in Pittsburg, California said: I passed the test and the interview, so what's next? After my interview she just told me I passed but I have no idea what I'll have to do next.

Where did you got to test? Was this for a premise tech position? Im going on a month (oct. 31) My status online still says AWAITING HR REVIEW. I thought the interview went well but going on a month, doesnt look good. I know that if it says COMPLETED, then i didnt get the job.

14 months ago

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California said: I waited almost 6-7 months after my interview to get my drug test/physical call. Sometimes the process is lengthy so patience is vital. I'm in training now and I'm very excited to be a part of AT&T.

Holy crap thats a long time. Well based on the RJP with the manager he stated they are in need of techs so they are hiring a group now and another in november so i think i should be hearing something soon. Sucks because last year i got the job and turned it down, now i need it and its hard to get.

Jimmy Sanchez in Oakland, California

14 months ago

Jim Morrison in West Sacramento, California said: Where did you got to test? Was this for a premise tech position? Im going on a month (oct. 31) My status online still says AWAITING HR REVIEW. I thought the interview went well but going on a month, doesnt look good. I know that if it says COMPLETED, then i didnt get the job.

I got a call about a week ago and I got orientation on Friday.

14 months ago

Jimmy Sanchez in Oakland, California said: I got a call about a week ago and I got orientation on Friday.

cool, did you see any of my questions?

Jimmy Sanchez in Oakland, California

14 months ago

Jim Morrison in West Sacramento, California said: cool, did you see any of my questions?

Oh yea, I tested in Oakland, about 2 weeks later I got the email for the interview and the lady that interviewed me told me on the spot that she passed me and that I'd receive info on my background and drug test. A few weeks later I went and took care of that then I got the call. I think it depends on the location you applied for and how many openings there are. But stay positive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ladatdb7671 in Miami, Florida

11 months ago

Hi, I already went to the RJP, did the physical and drug tests, I am waiting for HireRight background check. Do you guys think that owe credit cards will affect my hire decision for AT&T Premises Tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

James in Oxford, Mississippi

11 months ago

I'm not sure about Prem Tech but I know they did not do a Credit Check for mine. I'm an RSC though.

11 months ago

James in Oxford, Mississippi said: I'm not sure about Prem Tech but I know they did not do a Credit Check for mine. I'm an RSC though.

When did you get hire? How long your background check took?

Thanks

11 months ago

ladatdb7671 in Miami, Florida said: When did you get hire? How long your background check took?

Thanks

Background took 7 days. Although two were a weekend. And I got hired on December 3rd.

11 months ago

Did they call you right after background cleared?

11 months ago

James in Oxford, Mississippi said: Background took 7 days. Although two were a weekend. And I got hired on December 3rd.

Did they call you right after background cleared?

11 months ago

ladatdb7671 in Miami, Florida said: Did they call you right after background cleared?

The next day. My background cleared at like, 4:30 in the afternoon. Just keep a check on HireRight's website and if they need anything from you it will be posted there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

moniquej73 in Fresno, California

11 months ago

I decided to post on this forum because I had alot of questions while going through tgis process. In early November 2013 I applied online to AT&T Premises Technician Position. I recieved an email on Dec 1 saying come in on the 7th to take the TMF II test. I looked online at forums like this to get information about the test so I could study, I was tested with about 20 other people, try not to be late because those people were immediately sent home. Only 5 people including myself passed the test. I received an Email over a month later inviting me to the RJP and Premises Technician Assessment. At the Assessment there were Regional area managers and garage managers going over things to expect on the job. At first they were making the job seem really bad ex(having to work tons of overtime and never knowing when your actually going home, as a new tech having to work late into the night, having to work in scorching summer heat and sometime having to work in Attics that are over 130 degrees, being chased and in some cases bitten by dogs, having to work in customers houses that have very unsanitary conditions, having to go out and fixed a wacked up job one of your other co-workers did and figure out how to fix his mistake,etc..) If you attend a RJP you'll know what im talking about. But overall this job pays pretty well to only require a highschool diploma and common sense and they have a pretty good benefit package. But as a new tech you get the worst shift in the evening so prepare to be doing late nights and everything at AT&T is awarded by seniority so new techs pretty get the leftovers. But anyways after my RJP and Assessment I was sent an email two days later saying: Thanks for attending the Realistic Job Preview for the Premises Technician position and completing the assessment. We wanted to pass on the good news...you're being included with the group of qualified applicants for further assessment. What will happen next? We will continue to review your qualificatio

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

moniquej73@gmail.com in Fresno, California

11 months ago

does anyone know how long after this email do they contact you??

Ryan in San Francisco, California

8 months ago

I'm in the Clovis, Ca and got the email so passed the interview RJP. What's next and how long does it take? Thanks

moniquej73@gmail.com in Fresno, California

8 months ago

I think it depends on how fast they need workers but it only took a week for them to call me back.... When they call u they will make u a conditional job offer and tell you some things about the job and send you info on where to go to take your drug test, physical, and weight test... Their background check process really sucks so prepared to show prior jobs w2s or verification that you worked there... The background process takes about a week or two but att will call you back as soon as they receive it and will tell you when to come orientation... Hope this helps good luck.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RyanTheLion81 in Clovis, California

8 months ago

Thanks give me an idea haven't had an update on the website since March 31st. That says awaiting HR Review

Wavy Lays in West Sacramento, California

7 months ago

RyanTheLion81 in Clovis, California said: Thanks give me an idea haven't had an update on the website since March 31st. That says awaiting HR Review

Hey Ryan, I wondering if you've heard anything from AT&T about the prem tech position. I had my RJP/PTA on 4/3/14 and received an email the following day informing me that I was placed in a pool of qualified candidates. My application status reads "awaiting for hr review." It's been over a month and I have yet to hear anything from them. Anyone else who has any information/opinion on the hiring status of the prem tech position, please feel free to chime in. Thanks

Mordor in Saint Louis, Missouri

6 months ago

Ive been dealing with the prem tech thing for a bit now. They hire as quick as they need people first off. I was asked to come in for the assessment test and was told i failed it. I found that a bit odd. Weeks later I got an email saying congrats on passing your test and that I was invited to the RJP(um what??). So, I go to the RJP everything goes well and even the interviewer seemed to like me. I also have a degree in Computer Networking and Telecommunications so its kind of what I went to school for. Anyway, after the RJP i get an email thanking me for coming in but they were going to look at other applicants. I was a little confused and pissed off but I was just gonna move on with applying for different jobs. Well a few days ago I get an email regarding a Conditional Job Offer(yeah, this company is a bit, shall i say, moronic. So the conditional job interview was a conference call with a recruiter explaining that I would be taking a drug test and going through a background check. I just submitted my background check. Im sure ill hear where to report for the drug test tomorrow. They told me I would need to provide myself boots as well as leather gloves, everything else would be provided for me. After all the emails and runarounds ive gotten I do not have much expectations for something to go wrong last minute until i walk in the door of AT&T on my first day of work.

I hope this helps some of you. Just stick with them and keep applying. Even if you fail the test and they tell you not to reapply for 9 months or whatever just keep applying. One time you might not get the job but the next time you apply you will. I guess this is what happens when you go to work for such a large company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

rawfullwaffle in La Mesa, California

1 month ago

Can anyone shed some light on exactly what the physical consists of? I'm not in horrible shape, but not perfect either. What tests other than the lift tests do they conduct?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.