ne starts may 9

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

UptownHarlem212 in Winter Springs, Florida

41 months ago

I begin there on the 9th for training as well in Boca Raton

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

Cool! I wonder how many are in our class! I am excited!

UptownHarlem212 in Maitland, Florida

41 months ago

Boca Raton Is a very Nice area...Not Sure How many did youget your details from your Onboarding Rep? I got a call today but missed it. I need to find out the full details since i will be making a 3 hour plus drive.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

she called me, I am flying from Jacksonville, not sure about transportation, I fly into Ft Lauderdale, other than that, she said I would get an email with my info (hotel,etc) by end of day Friday.

41 months ago

Yeah I got a call out of Atlanta from a rep, but missed it as said. I only have the directions to the Training class along with the dress code and schedule given from the Store Manager. Are you Paying for your Ticket or the company? or did they arrange all of that? I will be renting a vehicle for the commute.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

she said the only thing i need is a credit card for incidentals at the hotel. Other than that, she will make all the arrangements. I wonder if you could ask to fly since it is 3 hours from your home. She also mentioned the 42 dollar a day debit card we get for food. You should call and ask her about the driving though, unless you just don't wanna fly.

41 months ago

I will be driving down. Since we will be in training M-F. and off on the weekends (i think). I will ask about flying there for the training, when she calls back. My original location was for Charlotte on May 9th and that was changed. I was told By The Manager if there are not enough to fill the class. We can be switched to another location.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

let me know when you hear from her!

41 months ago

ok will do

41 months ago

Gave her a call and we finally talked after so many Attempts of trying to reach her. Correct the 42.00 card will be given on Monday and Our company Phones will be issued during training. We must be there on Sunday or the Reservation will be cancelled. She asked for my Shirt size. Funny never mentioned Flying until I did. But I will still drive she said to keep track of my mileage. And she will be sending an Email No later than the end of business day on Friday with the Hotel details and etc. Are you taking a shuttle from the airport or taxi to get to the Location? Also Yes to a credit or debit card for incidentals at the hotel.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

Cool, exactly what she told me! As far as how I will get from the airport to the hotel, I am not sure, it is about 30 miles. She did say that she would set up the "transportation" for me. I guess I will find out when I get my email from her. I will update you when I get my email. Glad you got ahold of her.

41 months ago

Wow, didn't know the airport was that far I guess taking a taxi is out of the question lol. I will be looking out for that email I will be departing from here on Sunday morning to drive down. Just wanted the freedom to be able to drive and see the area since we will be off on the weekends and such. But yes keep me posted.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

I am crossing my fingers that they will pay for a rental car for me!

41 months ago

Based on when I told her I will be renting a vehicle. (without even stating it's my choice and out of my own pocket) She quickly said we do not cover that reason being of insurance issues. So she maybe looking to see if they can provide shuttle service to the Hotel or Get a representative there

fluffy in Jacksonville, Florida

41 months ago

oh ok, good to know. I may rent one the second week then, just for around town.

41 months ago

Correct that was my reason to Rent a vehicle so I won't be stuck in the room lol. I would like to see the area and such and would like to eat at other places instead of next to the hotel. Did she tell you if this is paid training? and that you have to report to your store manager once returning with those forms that you had to complete online (the w2 info) and may I ask which position did you apply for?

41 months ago

I applied for Sales Support Rep, and yes training is paid. I just wonder how they are gonna get people to and from the airport. I am looking at prices for rental cars now. Just in case. I, as well do not wanna be stuck in the hotel either. I could just drive my own car down if that is the case. As far as completing forms, she said nothing about that.

41 months ago

I applied for the same as well. And was told by the Store Managers that a lot of stuff during the training will not apply to us. And when we get to the Store we are assigned to will be a whole other ball game. I got good rates at CarRental.com

41 months ago

I saw someone posted on here that they were given a rental car for training. I wonder if that is right. I guess all I can do is wait and hope to make friends in training and maybe I can bum a ride to dinner some nights. I will also check out the car rental site just in case

41 months ago

yeah I saw that same message But I know The Rep told Me directly that they are not covering or provide that. So i'm not sure of that ones case. Because she stated the option was to fly me in. But yes check the sites to compare rates.

41 months ago

Check your email! I just got the hotel Information check in the 8th check out 21st. I noticed they Had info on rental cars at the Bottom Hmmm

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

me too! Looks like I have to rely on my classmates to get me from the hotel to the training class. there are 11 in our class, 9 of which are driving in. I think I will look at rental cars though, just to have. I am excited!

41 months ago

How did you find out about the other People? Was there a list of the other Trainees

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

41 months ago

I called her and asked.

41 months ago

Ok cool..i just checked the rates for rentals they are low. you may want to book before the rate changes..I will be getting there in the afternoon about 4 or so She didn't say anything about transportation from the airport? Shuttle Service or anything

41 months ago

From the airport it would be a car that would pick me up. I am def gonna check the rental car.

41 months ago

rental car is book. Btw my name is Shirley. What is yours so I know who you are in training!

41 months ago

Hey Shirley I'm Chris..I will see you there...I was reading the Info on my special email from the rep..this is what it says.....SPECIAL REQUESTS

In accordance with AT&T's Global Corporate Travel Policy, rental vehicles must be returned with a full tank of gas. To eliminate the possibility of extra charges, please be sure to fill the tank prior to returning your vehicle and obtain and provide a receipt of your gasoline purchase before leaving the return area.

Costs associated with car accessories (car phone, GPS, automated toll collection tags, etc) are not reimbursable.

As a customer service initiative, the Travel Security Administration is providing security checkpoint wait time information to assist travelers in planning for their next flight. The wait times are historical so please note actual wait time may vary depending on factors including weather delays or Holidays which result in increased passenger levels.

41 months ago

yea, she said they don't do rentals for New Hires! I guess that is only for people that have been with the company.

41 months ago

Wow I guess that was shut down quick lol....Well I booked from the 7th until the 22nd for 213.00

41 months ago

Also we are suppose to get our phones during training session.

41 months ago

You really did get a good deal! I can't say mine was that good. I guess it costs more down in S Fl. At least I will get to drive around and see things and not be stuck.

As far as the phone, I have heard people talk about that on here. Wonder what it will be.

41 months ago

I was looking at my flight info and noticed that I leave 515pm on the 20th. I guess that means we will get out early on Friday.

40 months ago

fluffy in Jacksonville, Florida said: You really did get a good deal! I can't say mine was that good. I guess it costs more down in S Fl. At least I will get to drive around and see things and not be stuck.

As far as the phone, I have heard people talk about that on here. Wonder what it will be.

I booked from the MCO (Orlando) airport usually it's cheaper at the airport Better deals and Make sure your a member with whatever company not to mention. Checking for online discounts and Make other reservations (just to lock them in) just in case you find a cheaper deal. And with the Phone I was told at the end of the training session we will get them. Not sure if it would be a Flagship phone or what.

40 months ago

fluffy in Jacksonville, Florida said: I was looking at my flight info and noticed that I leave 515pm on the 20th. I guess that means we will get out early on Friday.

Wow they have me checking out on the 21st Saturday. So you have to hurry and get to that Airport on a Friday too that's crazy.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

Yea, Friday will be crazy! I hope they give me plenty of time to get to the airport

40 months ago

I'm sure they will already know so you will be good on that. Are you arriving on Sunday?

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

yes, my plane flys in around 3pm. I will prob be in Boca by 4. I already pulled it up on gps, shouldn't be too difficult to get there since it is straight up 95. Check in time is 4pm.

40 months ago

i have 3pm check in But coming from Working in the Hotel Industry If they have your room type available they can check you in prior to the time given on reservation. I will check in then go get some stuff from nearby stores and get ready for Monday.

fluffy in Farmington, Michigan

40 months ago

that is good to know! I will probably do the same, I hear the hotel has good breakfast buffet too for Monday morning. That way I can eat well for dinner!

I also dunno why my location keep changing on here.. I am not in Michigan!

40 months ago

Yeah I always read reviews about Hotel Properties. The Residence Marriott Brand has the full breakfast in the Morning. (crowds around the waffle maker lol) hot meals and cold cereal and fruits, yogurt and such. So that will save on the 42.00 they give on the Debit cards.

Did you set your Location in your settings

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

It is weird, when I am at work it comes up Michigan, when I am home, it comes up right. Oh well.

I dunno if its just me, but I have already checked on what restaurants are in Boca. I have a few places in mind that I plan to go to! I love to eat out!

40 months ago

The CheeseCake Factory,The Grill, Macaroni Grill and etc...I was reading some reviews about the Hotel ..wow some good and some NOT

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

I was reading the reviews last night too. I hope they dont put me by the train tracks. That would be annoying. The restaurants you named are definately on my list too!

40 months ago

Lol yes they are going to put you on the side where the tracks are. Funny Some Hotel Reps do that to people who are there for free, or with discounts. And will look at the guest crazy if they have a complaint :)...I may just cook myself since the room has the stove and such. And not blow 42.00 a day but I may check out a place or two. Now if they Had Ocean Prime, Benihana, or The French Laundry that will be another story.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

Yea, I like the fact that there is a kitchen in the room too. I will laugh if you get the room by the train tracks and I don't! They should treat us pretty well since we are with AT&T. I already called and asked them about how much they were gonna hold for incidentals, he said $20 a day! I think mainly for phone calls.

40 months ago

then i will switch my keys with yours lol...AT&T or not it doesn't matter I seen it done working behind the front desk and back office at the W Hotels and other properties we had. But 20.00 per down sounds crazy..that is a first a card is suppose to be placed on file for incidentals. to cover any cost such as room damage, calls, movies, room service etc. Because people would skip out without paying. and I'm sure AT&T is making sure we do have one on file which is no problem. But you can Request that they disable the calls and movies.

fluffy in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

yea, I probably will have them disable it, just cause that much money per day is pretty steep.

40 months ago

all packed and ready to go! See u there!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.