Prem Tech

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 66)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri

37 months ago

So I saw that the position was open did the online app. A few days later I get an invite to take the test. I past the test and did some paper work, then the lady said that we should hear back in a few days and training starts on April 8th. That was February 24th! A friend of mine who is a Prem Tech said that something came up and they had to hold off on the call backs for a few days. Well now its been almost a month the 8th is coming and I have yet to hear anything. Can anybody help ease my mind I really really want and need this job. HELP!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas

37 months ago

Try calling the HR rep you spoke with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Ashton Renae in Alice, Texas said: Try calling the HR rep you spoke with.

I would love to try that but I was not given any type of contact number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

I sent an email to the test confirmation email I was sent anybody think that might work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marchhare7 in Irving, Texas

37 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: I sent an email to the test confirmation email I was sent anybody think that might work?

We are in the same situation in Texas, applied in February, tested a week later, was told trainig would be the first or second week of april, but we have heard nothing from anyone at AT&T as of yet. We emailed a Thank You to the confirmation email but also have not received anything back. The status has been sitting Idle on the AT&T profile page as "Testing Status Update" since February 23rd. Has ANYONE heard of anything from anyone about what the status is on the next step? I know the next step is the phone interview, but what is the status with AT&T to make calls?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Well I got a number from a friend and called. This lady told me that the April class is full and she will have me considered for the May class. But that was last week. I would love for this to move a bit faster so I know what to do. Since we are in the same boat, I mean the only difference is you are in Texas and I'm in St. Louis Missouri, lets keep each other in the loop about whats going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

I just got an offer today! Hang in there my friend I hope all goes well for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anticipating in Norwich, Connecticut

37 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: I just got an offer today! Hang in there my friend I hope all goes well for you!

you were able to find a phone number for an actual live human?

Florida Girl

36 months ago

@ anticipatining in norwich ct

did u get an email from the testing mgr? if so u can reply to that otherwise trying to get a whole of a real person is impossible . It is mostly done through email. I know they have a class coming up in may for pem techs. I just got hired and start on the 18th and most of my communication with them was done via email. Hope this has helped a little.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

We still have yet to have heard anything from anyone, but I do show that the job posting is still open. Maybe they are still weeding through to test and hire people? Where is everyone going to train? I really have my fingers crossed to at least get a call for the interview. Still sitting in "Testing Status Update" mode. What does everyone think we should do to get at least a status update on where they are with interviewing and hiring for our area?

36 months ago

If it was not for a friend of mine giving me a number I might still be in the same bout you are. I called her she asked if she could call me the next day and when she called she gave me an offer then I shot out the door and did the physical stuff. If I were you I would just shoot emails like crazy or go down to where you tested.

36 months ago

I saw that there is now a scheduled open-house hiring conference at a local hotel for AT&T next week. I think i'm going to go have to pester some people!

36 months ago

Sounds like a great idea to me go for it bro. I hope you get in. I know how bad I want this I REALLY know how you feel. Even though I got and offer it is still not in stone. So I am still in the waiting game.

Good Luck

36 months ago

Well I just emailed the testing lady and asked her what the next step is, so hopefully I get a response. Too bad the number you have isnt for this area, or is it? Where are you training at?

36 months ago

She said that as long as I get everything done fast enough then I could stay in St. Louis, other than that it will be Dallas. Or maybe even Oklahoma I think

36 months ago

Also I know that the lady I spoke to is the same lady that gave me the test. Thats why I think it would not be a bad idea to to go to where you took your test because that where her office was.

36 months ago

Thank you for that. Well the positive side of this is that sometimes no news is good news and that Im still a candidate. I will wait to see if she replies to my email. Wish you the best on getting everything done on time. Staying in town would be much easier on you for the training than having to travel for it.

36 months ago

the problem with me trying to go in person is that the offices where i took the test are 62 miles away from my house!

36 months ago

Well I received a response. "I will forward your email below to the hiring manager so that she’s aware that you are still interested in this position. Hopefully, she’ll be in contact with you soon. We are still currently testing for this position so I wouldn’t be able to advise of the next training session." I guess we will hope for a call from the hiring manager. At least we received a timely response but still no headway per se. Still very excited and have the fingers and toes crossed!

36 months ago

Marchhare7 in Irving, Texas said: Well I received a response. "I will forward your email below to the hiring manager so that she’s aware that you are still interested in this position. Hopefully, she’ll be in contact with you soon. We are still currently testing for this position so I wouldn’t be able to advise of the next training session." I guess we will hope for a call from the hiring manager. At least we received a timely response but still no headway per se. Still very excited and have the fingers and toes crossed!

Well thats awesome you got got a response. I hope you do get in.

Bobbi in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

36 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: Well thats awesome you got got a response. I hope you do get in.

Hey- what position did you get hired for with at&t?

36 months ago

Well I was given a contingent offer as a prem tech. I hope monday it will be set in stone

Bobbi in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

36 months ago

I am just looking for people that might be in the same training class as me but I was hired for the Retail Sales Consultant. Well good luck to you

anticipating in Norwich, not in Colchester, Connecticut

36 months ago

Two months.. still no updates. After attending the hiring event, they told me they would try to get someone to call me "tomorrow" which was back on the 14th of April. Nothing.

Still want this job though!!

I even applied for a position in another location, was invited to take the testing again, but i even replied that i already did the Prem Tech testing and would like to talk to someone...

.. and they updated mys tatus to match my original application from TWO MONTHS ago!!

C'mon, hire me!!

36 months ago

Hang in there man. I started this whole process back in February, and now I start May 13th. The only reason I think I got in so "quick" is because of a friend of mine who works there already. The training only starts once a month so it kind of depends on where you are on their list. Best advise I can give is make sure they see your name as much as possible. That's what I did

35 months ago

So week one of training is done. Today I start week two. I will tell you this about week one for Prem Techs, its pole climbing, you go up and down the pole for 4 hours straight with about 100 pounds of equipment on you. Everybody in my class is in pain except for the guy who quit the second day. That said I warn all future trainees to STRETCH DAILY! USE THE CARPET SQUARES (they are for your knees you will see what I'm talking about)and INVEST IN ALEVE. It was a great time to really get to know my class mates, we helped each other through so try to have fun or you will loose. I really mean it too the one guy who didn't try to make it fun had the most trouble. Just be ready to climb for the 4 hours the you do classroom for another 4, its only five days. This week is safety I will let you know how it goes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Saint Louis, Missouri

35 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: So week one of training is done. Today I start week two. I will tell you this about week one for Prem Techs, its pole climbing, you go up and down the pole for 4 hours straight with about 100 pounds of equipment on you. Everybody in my class is in pain except for the guy who quit the second day. That said I warn all future trainees to STRETCH DAILY! USE THE CARPET SQUARES (they are for your knees you will see what I'm talking about)and INVEST IN ALEVE. It was a great time to really get to know my class mates, we helped each other through so try to have fun or you will loose. I really mean it too the one guy who didn't try to make it fun had the most trouble. Just be ready to climb for the 4 hours the you do classroom for another 4, its only five days. This week is safety I will let you know how it goes!

Hi! I am also trying to get in as aprem tech in saint louis. I started the process last month, and passed my tmtfII. I waited until last week when i finally got a call for a phone interview that is scheduled for tomorrow. I thought maybe you could shed some light on what to expect or share your experience of the hiring process? Itd be great to hear from you. Thanks!

35 months ago

Finally! Received a call on Monday, spoke to the Recruiter, the same day I took my Drug/Physical, and passed the physical with flying colors. Hireright is at 90% complete, but waiting on the drug test to come in to Hireright (Per Hireright). I was told it should be completed by Tuesday of next week. I know I passed the drug test but have to wait for the results (tick tock). If everything clears, I start training June 8th is what the recruiter told me. For those of you wanting the Prem Tech position, all I can say is that it may take a short time or a long time to get through the hiring process. I know AT&T was on a hiring hold in March and April, and this is what caused everything to take so long. Good luck to all of you, and I will keep you updated.

PS. I Really Need This Job in St. Louis: I have bought a case of Aleve from Sam's Club, just in case.

35 months ago

@ David just read all my post on this thread. I updated every time I heard something so when the next Prem Tech who is sweating like I was can see that he or she is not alone.

@ Marchhare7 You better believe you will need that Aleve.

You will need it for safety week as well I mean dude it was SOOOOOOOO BORING so glad its over so glad woooo I'm so glad. Today I had to report to my garage and we were issued out trucks. They were so messed up it took us the full 8 hours to clean out our trucks thats all I did today was clean a truck but sooooo much better than safety class.

So on to next week thats Ride Along week let cha know how it goes.

texasred in Kansas City, Missouri

35 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: @ David just read all my post on this thread. I updated every time I heard something so when the next Prem Tech who is sweating like I was can see that he or she is not alone.

@ Marchhare7 You better believe you will need that Aleve.

You will need it for safety week as well I mean dude it was SOOOOOOOO BORING so glad its over so glad woooo I'm so glad. Today I had to report to my garage and we were issued out trucks. They were so messed up it took us the full 8 hours to clean out our trucks thats all I did today was clean a truck but sooooo much better than safety class.

So on to next week thats Ride Along week let cha know how it goes.

Hello, who high do you have to climb the pole? Where was your Pole Climbing School?

35 months ago

How high did you have to climb the pole?

Where was your Pole Climbing School?

35 months ago

18 ft

35 months ago

18 ft not to high. I thought it was 28 ft. What were you doing for a whole week during pole climbing school?

vkvidal in Atlanta, Georgia

29 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: So week one of training is done. Today I start week two. I will tell you this about week one for Prem Techs, its pole climbing, you go up and down the pole for 4 hours straight with about 100 pounds of equipment on you. Everybody in my class is in pain except for the guy who quit the second day. That said I warn all future trainees to STRETCH DAILY! USE THE CARPET SQUARES (they are for your knees you will see what I'm talking about)and INVEST IN ALEVE. It was a great time to really get to know my class mates, we helped each other through so try to have fun or you will loose. I really mean it too the one guy who didn't try to make it fun had the most trouble. Just be ready to climb for the 4 hours the you do classroom for another 4, its only five days. This week is safety I will let you know how it goes!

I am starting training on 12/9.... so what is training like after the 3rd week? How are the ride alongs? I was told it was 9 weeks long, is that right?

29 months ago

yup 9 weeks first week is climbing then the next week is the most boring week of your life safety. 3RD week is ride along you ride with another tech and may get your truck clean depending on your manager then weeks 4567 is all wiring PAY ATTENTION I saw a guy lose his job because he couldnt pass the test. then 2 more weeks of rides and then you are throw out to the wolfs.

Blatherbeard in Round Rock, Texas

29 months ago

Here's my story.

I found this job posting for prem tech in and around april.

Made a profile on ATT jobs website, filled out all the required information, applied for the job.

Took the first test they scheduled in about 2 weeks, passed.

Never heard a peep from them for the next few months.

Checked website again, 1st posting was closed to new apps. Another posting for Austin was posted up so i said screw it and applied for that one as well.

Was notified that i had passsed the first phase of that posting, awaiting hr review, but that the first posting all positions had been filled.

Did not have to re-take the first test, my current results were still good. By this time it was around August. (times close but not exact.)

Contacted by ATT representative asking if i was still interested, which i responded with a resounding, YES PLEASE! First face to face interview was scheduled.(i believe i also took the RJP which was just a series of questions with a manager, who was very cool)

Was spoken to by ATT rep(sometime at the beginning to mid sept.) and offered a soft job offer and scheduled my physical and drug screen, also had to register with hireright(who btw, do a CRAPPY job and you may need to supply them with answers or call your old employers to get the ball rolling.)

Called ATT rep a few times, as the website had been switched to, and i quote, "Our records indicate that you have either failed to show up for required testing or have withdrawn your application" endquote. Needless to say, that blew my mind at least, if not really pissed me off. ATT rep assured me the website was wrong, not to worry, which of course i did. LOL

Jump to 2 days ago, finally offered a firm offer, and start on Dec 9th.

Moral of the story: Persistence is the key, dont lose your cool, and KEEP AT IT. DO NOT GIVE UP.

Hope this assuages anyones fears and helps you to stick to your guns.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wplaz in Bridgeport, Connecticut

27 months ago

Hi everybody, Just filled out an application and was asked to come in either this upcoming Tues or Wed for an exam. WHat should I expect on the exam?

Looks like theres much more to go as far as when I can get hired considering I pass the exam and go thru the "rigorous" training other people have talked about on here.

Just curious..........:)

Former AT&T Employee in Vonore, Tennessee

27 months ago

wplaz in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: Hi everybody, Just filled out an application and was asked to come in either this upcoming Tues or Wed for an exam. WHat should I expect on the exam?

Looks like theres much more to go as far as when I can get hired considering I pass the exam and go thru the "rigorous" training other people have talked about on here.

Just curious..........:)

The test is mostly basic algebra/logic. There are some sample questions on the ATT website somewhere. But I would warn you, if you are not in Distric 6 (Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas) I wouldn't waste my time on this job.

Here is a link to their study guide for the PTA
att.jobs/docs/test-guides/pta.pdf

27 months ago

Former AT&T Employee in Vonore, Tennessee said: The test is mostly basic algebra/logic. There are some sample questions on the ATT website somewhere. But I would warn you, if you are not in Distric 6 (Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas) I wouldn't waste my time on this job.

Here is a link to their study guide for the PTA
att.jobs/docs/test-guides/pta.pdf

Also check out this link:
att.jobs/docs/test-guides/technical-mechanical-test-field-ii-(TMTF-II).pdf

27 months ago

Former AT&T Employee in Vonore, Tennessee said: Also check out this link:
att.jobs/docs/test-guides/technical-mechanical-test-field-ii- (TMTF-II).pdf

You will have to copy/paste that link for it to work right, btw.

27 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: yup 9 weeks first week is climbing then the next week is the most boring week of your life safety. 3RD week is ride along you ride with another tech and may get your truck clean depending on your manager then weeks 4567 is all wiring PAY ATTENTION I saw a guy lose his job because he couldnt pass the test. then 2 more weeks of rides and then you are throw out to the wolfs.

They make premise techs do climbing? Gaffs and ladders?

wplaz in Bridgeport, Connecticut

27 months ago

Thanks for the info-I didnt pass the test anyways so keep on looking......

27 months ago

Former AT&T Employee in Vonore, Tennessee said: They make premise techs do climbing? Gaffs and ladders?

Oh yeah, gaffs and ladders and step poles and all. By the end of the week, you need to be able to climb 18' and rotate around the left and right on the pole. It's a pass or fail week. It also weeds out those who are scared of heights.

27 months ago

anticipating in Norwich, Connecticut said: Oh yeah, gaffs and ladders and step poles and all. By the end of the week, you need to be able to climb 18' and rotate around the left and right on the pole. It's a pass or fail week. It also weeds out those who are scared of heights.

I find that interesting since Premise Techs are currently only responsible for cable from the NID to the house. Just shows you that it is true that they plan to combine the Service Tech. title with Premise Tech to lower how much they pay employees. I went through that for my previous position with them, but 90% of my work was from poles.

Zeppo in Hayward, California

26 months ago

Former AT&T Employee in Vonore, Tennessee said: I find that interesting since Premise Techs are currently only responsible for cable from the NID to the house. Just shows you that it is true that they plan to combine the Service Tech. title with Premise Tech to lower how much they pay employees. I went through that for my previous position with them, but 90% of my work was from poles.

Yep. Word in Cali is that the prem techs will start going to Pole School after the April contract negotiation, with a small pay bump ($5/hr?), and new responsibility for basically everything from NID to SAI. Sounds like the MSTs are also gonna get a haircut in pay with an expansion of duties - they'll all have to know how to do prem tech work, too.

Scary for them, but I'm looking forward to trading a week for pole climbing for a bigger check. From what I can tell, not having to wait on INR would really improve efficiency scores. At least until some poor under-trained PT dies from a fall.

STLguy in st.louis, Missouri

26 months ago

I Really Need This Job in St. Louis, Missouri said: yup 9 weeks first week is climbing then the next week is the most boring week of your life safety. 3RD week is ride along you ride with another tech and may get your truck clean depending on your manager then weeks 4567 is all wiring PAY ATTENTION I saw a guy lose his job because he couldnt pass the test. then 2 more weeks of rides and then you are throw out to the wolfs.

I am also in St.Louis, couple questions.

Its been almost a year, how do you like it? Hours? Pay?

Also what area did they assign you to, the job posting just says St. Louis. I live about 45 minutes from st. louis and was hoping to get somewhere in West County/St. Charles.

On other forums there are some many people that hate it. Just looking to see if anybody around here actually likes it.

26 months ago

I quit after 5 months. prem techs are treated like cattle. customers don't matter, only metrics. "push the button" they say... keep dispatching until all the work is clear, even if you are on overtime. Don't even think on going to the bathroom after the morning meetings, that's valuable dispatch time your wasting!

Don't hope on getting a full stock of inventory on your truck either. it's up to you to order everything you need to do your job, so you have to know what you need, even if you never knew you needed it. Even then, you won't get half the stuff you need, and you'll have to order it 5 times before anything shows up and then you'll get 8 times as much as you need and have no room to put it on your truck!

I swear this job was like a level of hell in Dante's Inferno. "Abandon all hope ye who enter here!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Dallastx214 in Dallas, Texas

26 months ago

ok i've taken tmft passed. i went to rjp/pta on 2/27/12. was told info would be given to staffing.i checked app status it updated tht same day and said "interview scheduled" then the following day said hr review. is this a good or bad thing does this mean i will soon get a call?

Kevin99 in Sugar Land, Texas

23 months ago

Mr Dallastx214 in Dallas, Texas said: ok i've taken tmft passed. i went to rjp/pta on 2/27/12. was told info would be given to staffing.i checked app status it updated tht same day and said "interview scheduled" then the following day said hr review. is this a good or bad thing does this mean i will soon get a call?

I called the recruiter after 3 days. Good thing I did because they were filling the class for that month. Call call stay on top of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justintyme8303 in Pflugerville, Texas

22 months ago

I start on 6/6 in Austin area anyone else starting? Is the $5 pay bump going to be in T too?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.