HireRight work history check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 237)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

John in Lancaster, Texas

42 months ago

First Ill say sorry I posted this in someone elses topic thinking I was in a different window. I would delete it if I knew how to but don't lol. Anyway I making a new discussion because this has got me really worried.

I have recently been mad an offer for a job by AT&T and I'm currently in the background check process with HireRight. How do they verify the work history? Do they call the numbers you provide? The reason I ask is in my previous job I almost ended up losing it because they had problems verifying my work history. They finally were able to verify when they called my previous manager who was able to verify it for me. Thats all I really have to be able to verify it if for some reason they have problems with it. I don't have the W2 forms handy to send within 48 hours which is what I've read they request. Sorry if I seem to be rambling, I have just needed a job for a while with my wife being the only one working and would hate if this happens again and its cost me a job. Also if they can verify my most recent one but not the others, would they most likely rescind the job offer? My most recent on is the one with the actual type of job experience needed for the job I was offered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SummerLover in Greensboro, North Carolina

42 months ago

John in Lancaster, Texas said: First Ill say sorry I posted this in someone elses topic thinking I was in a different window. I would delete it if I knew how to but don't lol. Anyway I making a new discussion because this has got me really worried.

I have recently been mad an offer for a job by AT&T and I'm currently in the background check process with HireRight. How do they verify the work history? Do they call the numbers you provide? The reason I ask is in my previous job I almost ended up losing it because they had problems verifying my work history. They finally were able to verify when they called my previous manager who was able to verify it for me. Thats all I really have to be able to verify it if for some reason they have problems with it. I don't have the W2 forms handy to send within 48 hours which is what I've read they request. Sorry if I seem to be rambling, I have just needed a job for a while with my wife being the only one working and would hate if this happens again and its cost me a job. Also if they can verify my most recent one but not the others, would they most likely rescind the job offer? My most recent on is the one with the actual type of job experience needed for the job I was offered.

hey,
if you call the IRS they well fax those W-2's over to you in no time. call the toll-free number as opposed to your local number (i did this). i don't know much about hireright but my experience with them wasn't the best; out of my 5 employers they were only able to verify ONE on their own, the rest i had to provide info for. don't fret because it's 48 hrs. just keep in touch with tur hr manager and they're usually very helpful! good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sunshine in Clermont, Florida

42 months ago

john,

Summer lover is right your best bet is to get the free faxs from the irs . Its the quickest way . I had to do that cause my last employer went out of buisness and they dont care if you have a number to a manager . Hire rite wants proof cause i tried to give them the number to my old mgr and they were like get your w2s so i did and it worked out fine. If they ask for the number then give the mgrs number . I wish you the best in the hiring process and good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sunshine in Clermont, Florida

42 months ago

@ john

Unfortunetly john thats how my friend was not hired for at&T because she only had a cell phone number for her previous employer . Even though she could provide paystubs and w2s for that job they wanted a phone number to the company to talk to the hr rep there . She was unsucessful at accomplishing that due to the company going out of buisness. My friends hr rep didnot care . They want what they want and they dont give u any leeway for anything like that . I know she has had a horrible experience through the whole hiring process and my experience hasn't been the greatest either with all of the run around they give you. I am still waiting to hear on the final offer and i dont know what is going on because my hr rep unfortunetly is clueless. I dont mean that in a bad way but it seems like everytime i talk to her she doesnt know anything . She just keeps on telling me to wait to hear and my backround and drugscreen have been back for 9 days already . I know from reading the forum alot of other people seem to be having issues also. I wish you good luck and let us know how you make out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John

42 months ago

Well I'm still waiting. Hopefully everything goes well but if not I'm not gonna beat myself up about it. I already signed the offer sheet so hopefuly they don't care too much about the past work history if for some reason they can't verify it. My last job shouldn't be a problem verifying, but when I got that job they had problems verifying my other 2 jobs.. What I find odd is that I was giving an offer sheet before any testing or background check was done. I have never seen that before. Every other time it has been the other way around. I at least hope they contact me if they have any problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sunshine in Clermont, Florida

42 months ago

@ john

Good luck hope everything works out for you . I am also still waiting to hear too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sunshine in Clermont, Florida

42 months ago

@john

Good luck . I hope everything works out for you . I am also still waiting to hear back .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in Alvarado, Texas

42 months ago

So, I was never contacted by hireright. But today I get a call from my hiring manager who tells me they were able to verify the jobs but 2 of them came back with different dates. So I call hireright and they ask for w2 forms, and I tell them I can try and get them but it would take a bit. I don't know how you guys got your copies so quick I have been getting the run around. Anyway I gave them the numbers to my previous managers since my start date is very soon and I prolly won't get the w2's in time. And to be honest I would prefer not having to send out my w2 forms. I don't know if its me or not but HireRight just seems shady. Anyway I don't know how they received the information they received but I hope they can get in contact with my previous managers because I don't know if I'm going to send out those w2's even if it does depend on me getting the job. I just knew I would run into problems. I googled the company even more after looking into them and found some horror stories... I asked the manager if it would effect my standing for the position and they told me yes. So I'm gonna start sending out some more resumes just in case.

I gave them the phone number to the executive office for boths jobs with 2 previous managers who still work for each company so they should not have any problem. They had me working at one job for only 2 months... unbelievable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John

42 months ago

Well after having them tell me that they would be able to call and verify now they are saying they require w2 forms. Every single time I call I get someone different and different information. I've researched this company a lot since this all started and they have a very big tendency of doing things like this. I was about to send them the forms after convincing myself to do it since I turned down 2 other job offers for this. But I'm deciding against it.

I really hope everyone else has a better experience with this company. Maybe it was just my experience with the reps I spoke with, but this company seems very shady, and I feel uncomfortable with the information they already have.

I ended up declining moving further and accepted a different job offer. This was beyond ridiculous and I will never apply for a company that uses HireRight again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Dallas, Texas

42 months ago

Thanks its not a job that I can move forward in but it will pay bills for the time being. I am thinking about applying to Verizon but I need to make sure they do not use HireRight because I won't be dealing with them again.

The only number they used that I provided was the ONLY job they got right. They had me working at a job for 2 months and the licensing and classes ALONE took about that long. I could have provided them the forms but I just don't trust a company that gives you different information every single time you get in contact with them. What makes it worse is that I was giving the job, and just needed the bg to clear... complete waste of time especially having declined a job offer a lot better than the current job I'm at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Forest Hills, New York

42 months ago

Well after all that AT&T called me and were willing to use the supervisor references, I got the job. amazing, I really needed this job, my wife had lost her job a few days ago, quite an upgrade from the job I currently have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Florida Girl in Deerfield Beach, Florida

42 months ago

@ John

So happy everything worked out for you in the end. Congrats on the new job :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

susu705 in Greensboro, North Carolina

34 months ago

I recently got hired with At&T! They use Hireright and started my background check on Fri and I knew within 4 business days I was hired. They go back 7 years for background check and yes they use the phone #'s the applicant provides, because there is a good chance they will get someone who does not know you and there are legal ramifications that the referenced company could face!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JDR in Suwanee, Georgia

33 months ago

John in Dallas, Texas said: Thanks its not a job that I can move forward in but it will pay bills for the time being. I am thinking about applying to Verizon but I need to make sure they do not use HireRight because I won't be dealing with them again.

The only number they used that I provided was the ONLY job they got right. They had me working at a job for 2 months and the licensing and classes ALONE took about that long. I could have provided them the forms but I just don't trust a company that gives you different information every single time you get in contact with them. What makes it worse is that I was giving the job, and just needed the bg to clear... complete waste of time especially having declined a job offer a lot better than the current job I'm at.

I was just hired by Verizon and they do not use HireRight...they use a company called A-Check that verified my background in less than 2 days (and I've had 7 previous employers...not sure if they called each one of them). They never contacted me for anything. My job with VZW starts next week; however, a couple of days ago I received another job offer from a company that I would rather work for (better postion,more money) and they are using HireRight and I'm terrified of the results based on the bad reviews/nightmares I'm reading on different forums. To be safe, I will start my job with VZW next week.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JDR in Suwanee, Georgia

33 months ago

kelly in Central City, Kentucky said: @ john

Verizion does use hireright also. I have a friend who went through the same shadyness as you and other people and gave up on the process. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do . I totally understand your point . I have been waiting on my status with at&t for 3 weeks now and still have not heard anything. i also was given the job pending my drug screen and backround check. Everytime i call the hr rep i get no answer and u leave a message and noone returns your calls. kind of fustrating and annoying if u ask me . I am also giving up on them and continuing to send out my resumes as well. I cannot continue to wait forever for them to decide what they want to do as i have bills also that need to be paid.

I just got hired by Verizon, start the job next week, they are now using a company called A-Check. Maybe they were receiving too many complaints with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

boyntonkev in Delray Beach, Florida

32 months ago

John in Lancaster, Texas said: First Ill say sorry I posted this in someone elses topic thinking I was in a different window. I would delete it if I knew how to but don't lol. Anyway I making a new discussion because this has got me really worried.

I worked 4 FAU in Boca for 17 yrs. They canned me because I was 50+ in age and making a decent salary. They spent two years degrading, insulting and just killing my self esteem. When didn't quit, They found a way to terminate me. Not easy to find a job, and interviews really scare me now. HIow do you revive self-esteem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

boyntonkev in Delray Beach, Florida

32 months ago

anyone know of an administration position in the Delray Beach area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jbrian in Crestview, Florida

26 months ago

So now I am going through this stressful process. Atleast I know I am not alone. So 1 of the companies I worked for could not be verified and so hirerite wants me to send them documents that verify start and end dates which can include w-2s.

So, I had irs fax me w-2s and I submitted them to hirerite and am currently waiting.

My question is:

Are w-2s enough proof for HireRite considering they do not display start and end dates but only the years?

socomdark in Fort Collins, Colorado

26 months ago

jbrian in Crestview, Florida said: So now I am going through this stressful process. Atleast I know I am not alone. So 1 of the companies I worked for could not be verified and so hirerite wants me to send them documents that verify start and end dates which can include w-2s.

So, I had irs fax me w-2s and I submitted them to hirerite and am currently waiting.

My question is:

Are w-2s enough proof for HireRite considering they do not display start and end dates but only the years?

Well w2s kinda prove your start and end date since you would get multiple w2s if you worked multiple years. If you worked 3 months not going into the new year then you would have one w2 compared to you worked 3 years you would have 3 w2s. That's the theory

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbrian in Crestview, Florida

26 months ago

Can anyone chime in on how long the background check usually takes?

I'm going on my 4th day which is excruciating. I hope I get an answer today because I can't take this going into the weekend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

jbrian in Crestview, Florida said: Can anyone chime in on how long the background check usually takes?

I'm going on my 4th day which is excruciating. I hope I get an answer today because I can't take this going into the weekend.

From other's previous posts on here. It can take up to 10 days. I believe you can contact Hireright to see how far they have gone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BK in Rutherford, New Jersey

25 months ago

Hire rite stinks, they cost me a job I had already started because they said I had 31 police incidents. I havent had a ticket in 7 years and no convictions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

scared in Jacksonville, Florida

25 months ago

you all are terrifying me, is it really this bad??

25 months ago

scared in Jacksonville, Florida said: you all are terrifying me, is it really this bad??

you shouldnt be. Just make sure you are up front with anything that might be of concern to your employer and keep in contact with hireright to know the progress on things. I havent been through the process myself but I noticed that most people who didn't get hired didn't disclose certain things.

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio

25 months ago

JDR in Suwanee, Georgia said: I just got hired by Verizon, start the job next week, they are now using a company called A-Check. Maybe they were receiving too many complaints with this company.

is the pay for verizon pretty good? if it's more than at&t i will definitely switch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mizv in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

I just went through the hiring process with att. I was a nervous wreck because my employment dates were a lil scewed in my favor. Hireright does a thorough check. In the end it all worked out. I got my "firm offer" today.I believe their main concern is criminal and drug screen. Of course, the ultimate decision lies with att.. Each dept will be different. The HR reps are extremely helpful and I think they know what idiots HireRight are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justin JP

24 months ago

TahyNik in Toledo, Ohio said: is the pay for verizon pretty good? if it's more than at&t i will definitely switch.

I am a former Verizon Employee. I worked at a pretty slow store. It was a C level store, we did right around 300-350 contracts per month. I made right at 60-65K a year. My salary was only 27K, but my commission was around 30-35.

I am hoping that I can make at least 55K with AT&T. If I can make 55K then I will be satisfied. My eventual goal is to do such a great job that I can transfer to a level 3 store within AT&T.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

liza_bam in Brighton, Massachusetts

23 months ago

I went through the Hire right process and they actually filed a false report on me, after sending me the confirmation that all was well. Don' let go, keep a close eye on the process and always inform your agent and your HR about the situation. Everybody who is undergoing this ridiculous procedure -- good luck. Be persistent, don't let them put you down. If you don't have W2 -- give them the number of yout HR, manager, or whatever. They don't like itbut they cannot deny this info. Push through anddon't go nuts. Remember, you are not alone :)) -- a lot of people went through this.

As for me, i am thinking about filing a lawsuit :) against the Hire Right.

Miya Ray in Atlanta, Georgia

22 months ago

I completed background info on Nov 9, my drug test on Nov 12, and now my status just says in process... how long can i expect to wait with AT&T? Its very nerve wrecking. I am a bit scared too because I listed 2 jobs on my hire right stuff that apparently wasn't on my application. They were on the resume I gave to the store manager and area manager. Should I be concerned? I really want this job. I've applied to AT&T 36 times over the past 2 years. I've been turned down twice and I finally got an offer. I interviewed at Boost Mobile and I was told i was over qualified and I've interviewed at an authorized retailer of Verizon and never even heard from them. AT&T is my dream job and to be honest, I'd given up on them until I got the offer call. I am very anxious!!

Keypoint in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

anywhere from 2 days to 2 months is how long it takes depending on the individual's background and how much history they have to check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keypoint in Los Angeles, California

22 months ago

2 Weeks ** changed

From him in Jonesboro, Georgia

21 months ago

Everything will be alright!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JadeDemona in STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan

21 months ago

Miya Ray in Atlanta, Georgia said: I completed background info on Nov 9, my drug test on Nov 12, and now my status just says in process... how long can i expect to wait with AT&T? Its very nerve wrecking. I am a bit scared too because I listed 2 jobs on my hire right stuff that apparently wasn't on my application. They were on the resume I gave to the store manager and area manager. Should I be concerned? I really want this job. I've applied to AT&T 36 times over the past 2 years. I've been turned down twice and I finally got an offer. I interviewed at Boost Mobile and I was told i was over qualified and I've interviewed at an authorized retailer of Verizon and never even heard from them. AT&T is my dream job and to be honest, I'd given up on them until I got the offer call. I am very anxious!!

if u took the drug test, it usually takes a few days to get a call. i took my drug test on nov 26 and at&t called me nov 30 to tell me i passed and when my start date was.

Theatre girl in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

I just printed my complete background check. Everything is verified but some of the dates are off, should I be worried about this? 2 of the jobs were very short-lived and I underestimated the employment term. Will this cost me a job? Everything else looked good and some of the notation is hard to read, but I guess the most important part would be the verification of employment, salary and dates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Miya Ray in Atlanta, Georgia

21 months ago

Theatre girl in Chicago, Illinois said: I just printed my complete background check. Everything is verified but some of the dates are off, should I be worried about this? 2 of the jobs were very short-lived and I underestimated the employment term. Will this cost me a job? Everything else looked good and some of the notation is hard to read, but I guess the most important part would be the verification of employment, salary and dates.

I think as long as it's not super off, you should be okay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

WENDYBOSTON in BOSTON, Massachusetts

20 months ago

I am also waiting for a background check. Everything is OK except the exact dates where I lived in the past 7 years. I am only sure about the last 5 years. Another thing is that I used my maiden-marriage name on my resume. However all my legal documentation has only my married name since I became legal in USA. Should that be a problem? I emailed the HR Dept. already and explained that my maiden name only appears in my college transcripts and marriage certificate, but I prefer use them together in everything else. I am worry.

Aldebaran422 in Chandler, Arizona

19 months ago

I've had my first interview and I have a second one this week. At what point do they do the background check? And I have a felony conviction back when I was 17 I'm 33 now should I be concerned?

JustMe in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri

19 months ago

I was made an offer with AT&T on 02/03/13 for a part time sales rep position. I filled out all of my online paperwork with both them and HireRight the same day. I received my report back from HireRight on 02/06/13 and was made my final firm offer by AT&T on 02/11/13. From start to finish it took 8 days, and that is only because my HR rep had to get a special waiver for me due to a past criminal conviction (long story but it was years ago and not a felony) but I did disclose it and even things that they did not find. They may even ask you questions about things they don't find but you did disclose, so be prepared. Above all else, DISCLOSE EVERYTHING!!! If they find it and you didn't disclose, you are DONE! If you disclose, they are willing to work with you in most cases. My HR rep was amazing, and it was all a very fast and painless (for the most part) process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aldebaran422 in Phoenix, Arizona

19 months ago

Email me I have a few questions for you shining.aldebaran@me.com

19 months ago

Man my final step is the background check. If I was convicted of a felony back in 99, are they gonna go back that far?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WVU in West Virginia

19 months ago

My background check took about 2 weeks. I would disclose everything, if you don't they will find out anyway and you won't get hired because you will seem dishonest. I couldn't remember the dates for any tickets or anything else I have gotten the past few years, so before I filled out the info I contacted my local city police and county courthouse. It took 10 minutes and it will help to know whats on there! Hope this helps!

Aldebaran422

19 months ago

I disclosed a misdemeanor assault charge I had between my brother and I, the hiring department called me to get the details. Its all Pretty short and simple no jail time no probation just a fine. Sad thing is it didn't even show up on my background :( she told me they'll have an answer for me tomorrow. Should I be concerned?

Jessicadiana53 in Wantagh, New York

19 months ago

I got an offer letter through email on feb 16. It said I'd start monday maech 4th. Problem is the hiring manager called on tuesday feb 26 saying there was something wrong. They couldnt verify a job I had in 2008 because the company went out of business. Problem is I dont have my w2s for that year because I moved and all those papers got lost. I called my accountant and he doesnt have a copy of them either, he said he only keeps documents only 2 years back. I called the irs and ordered a transcript and I got a letter today saying they only go back three years and cant send me a copy. I gave my two weeks resignation letter on monday at the job I had, but my manager asked me to leave and that i would no longer be needed. I haven't told the hiring manager yet because she wasnt in her office. I'll try her again tomorrow. I am worried after reading all these bad reviews and horrific experiences everyone has had. I don't know what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

You weren't suppose to do that till after the background check cleared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

Even after she gave ne a hire date?

19 months ago

Yea I got my offer sheet a couple of days ago but I knew I had to go thru a background check. I just got the phone call the day before yesterday notifying me that my background cleared. I put my two week notice in yesterday. I hope everything works out with u and att

SoFrustrated in Jacksonville, Florida

19 months ago

Can someone answer me this? I just finished my long awaited face-to-face interview with AT&T and I think I did really well. The only thing that concerns me is my criminal background as I have a misdemeanor from over 5 years ago. The thing is that when I applied, the application only asked for traffic convictions and I only have 1 from last year... I really want this job but I'm scared out of my mind because of my mistake. Can someone please help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

19 months ago

Hey, I'm going through this process right now, past the test, got call for the one on one interview. After reading the posts here I wanted to ask a question because I'm freaking out and I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown of potentially losing the opportunity to have a great career like this and get my life started.

On my résumé I listed my job history. One job I have been at going on 5 years and I'm still there waiting to give two weeks. Then only two insignificant other jobs when I was 18 about 6 years ago that I had a hard time remembering the exact dates of employment when applying for ATT. I know I am probably off by a few months but I only did so in the event they try and call for info on me, that they can for sure have the best chance of finding my file or however it works. I did not do this to be dishonest or inflate my insignificant unimportant part time jobs when I was 18 to better my chances of getting a job here, I honestly did not know the dates I'm drawing a blank.

My question is, since I have time before the hireright process happens, I want to try and hunt down previous employer information from the employers themselves as well as the IRS to get W2s so I can present the most HONEST dates possible beforehand. I would have done it before had I know how important this was. My question is, is it too late? If I confirm these dates and put them on the hireright report for their check, will they be put side by side with my original dates given on my résumé, branding me some sort of dishonest liar? Again, I'm talking about literally 2-3 months off. Is there even a form to enter the new dates for hireright, or will they just extract them from the original résumé I submitted before this whole hiring process? Should I edit my résumé once I confirm these dates and present it to them at the one on one interview and explain this to them beforehand and be as honest as possible? Or once again is it too late for ANY honest action on my part?

19 months ago

Relax. If you're a few months off its fine. You'll most likely get the job, they dont mind unless youre a year off or so. Good luck with everything.

19 months ago

Don't worry about it they only go back five years on the job history, looks like your current job covers it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.