Starting training for Retail Sales Consultant December 12...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida

32 months ago

Hey everyone,

I start training in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Monday Dec. 12. I just wanted to get some info regarding what to expect. How long do I have to wait to set up my health benefits? What types of phone discounts do we as employee get? Also, do we get to choose the type of phone they give us for business purposes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

How did training go? What type of phone did you get? I start training Feb. 6th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida said: Hey everyone,

I start training in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Monday Dec. 12. I just wanted to get some info regarding what to expect. How long do I have to wait to set up my health benefits? What types of phone discounts do we as employee get? Also, do we get to choose the type of phone they give us for business purposes?

How did training go? What type of phone did you get? I start training Feb. 6th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rwatson0408

30 months ago

The training was fun in the beginning because I was just happy to be there. Its a lot of information to remember and a lot of web based trainings and assessments that our class had to do. They did tell us our class was the last class to do all of the web based training so it may be different for you.

Over all, my class was fun because we made it fun. It is a lot of work though. The phone they gave us in training was the Atrix 2 but as soon as I got to my store, I switched it out for another phone. I switched it out for the HTC Titan because I already k ow everything about Android and blackberry. Don't get your hopes of switching to am iPhone unless they give it to you as your device.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

rwatson0408 said: The training was fun in the beginning because I was just happy to be there. Its a lot of information to remember and a lot of web based trainings and assessments that our class had to do. They did tell us our class was the last class to do all of the web based training so it may be different for you.

Over all, my class was fun because we made it fun. It is a lot of work though. The phone they gave us in training was the Atrix 2 but as soon as I got to my store, I switched it out for another phone. I switched it out for the HTC Titan because I already k ow everything about Android and blackberry. Don't get your hopes of switching to am iPhone unless they give it to you as your device.

Cool, I'm excited to get started. My whole hiring process has been quite long. I didn't have the Hireright nightmare most people do. I'm pretty organized, and had everything they needed. It only took 5 days to complete that, and that was even with a holiday in there. I'm not worried about getting iPhone. I have an iPhone 4s now. I heard my store has the choice of either the Galaxy II or the HTC Vivid. When did you receive your shirts? I also heard they give you a Bluetooth. If that is true, what type of Bluetooth did you get? I still have a whole 3 weeks to go before I start. They have a class starting tomorrow, but it's already full.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rwatson0408

30 months ago

They give you 2 shirts while your in training and then you get $125 to order what you want. The shirts are a decent price for you to have until you get your next allotment. You get that twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. I ordered my shirts while I was in training so by the time I got to my store, I had them.

The Bluetooth they gave us was the Motorola H7. Its pretty cool but I'm not a big fan of Bluetooth headsets but it's apart of your uniform

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Fayetteville, Arkansas

30 months ago

when do you get paid for training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

I agree with you also on the Bluetooth, I'm not a big fan of them either. I just need a new one for my PS3..lol. I'll let you know if the training is non web based when I start. If they are changing it where you are, I'm sure they change it everywhere. Are you required to wear a tie everyday, or is there an option to wear a nice AT&T polo? When you were in traing, when did they give you the phone? I'm with Sprint now and plan on selling my iPhone 4s to pay for my early termination fee. Thanks for the excellent responses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida said: @ the first response, you get paid every 2 weeks. If you have to drive there, you get paid for the time it took you to get there as well as the mileage. Your first paycheck will get mailed to you but you do set up direct deposit your first day or 2 in training.

@ the second response, we wore shirt and tie as a requirement because I'm in South FL. This is a formal market so we can't wear AT&T Polo's. But your trainer will let you k ow if you can order polos or not. As far as the web based trainings, yeah its nation wide. The company as a whole is changing it.

We got our phones our last week of training. The reason why is because of the Christmas holiday. You may get it the 2nd or 3rd week. As far as selling your personal phone because of your company phone, I wouldn't. They can check your phone at any time and how it was put to us was just make sure the content on your phone is suitable for a 5yr old. I still keep my personal phone with sprint because I love my iPhone.

Thanks for the excellent info. You have been a big help. Congrats on your future with AT&T. I just have one more question and I will stop bothering you. Is it true that you will get like 1200 draw the first month and then it goes down $300 every mont.h after that? If that is true, did that draw start during your training or after your first month in the store? Thanks agin for all of your help. I can't wait to get going.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida said: Its called "Ramp Up". It is true. Its basically your commission. You get your commission at the end of each month. So since your starting in February, you will see that on your last check in march. Its to help you meet your goals and once that ends then you gotta make it yourself. And its ok, you can ask as many questions as you like, I don't mind.

What's you schedule been looking like at the store so far? Mostly nights and weekends I assume. Id rather work the weekends, I'm sure that's when it's more busy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

That all depends on the location of your store. Mine is located near mostly businesses so it's pretty dead on the weekends. I work weekends but would rather work more during the week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

Shiggity42 in California said: What's you schedule been looking like at the store so far? Mostly nights and weekends I assume. Id rather work the weekends, I'm sure that's when it's more busy.[/QUOTE

My store is in the parking lot of a home depot with a Costco down the street. A few restaurants are in the area also. I'd say it's more residential. It's buy a wealthy community though. you they like to upgrade more often. My manger said the store is not busy like some others in the area, but that's why there are fewer employees. My manager seemed really really cool. he pretty much hired me on the spot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shiggity42 in California

30 months ago

Shiggity42 in California said:

Sorry for the typos. Lol

Yessicabritt in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

30 months ago

rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida said: Its called "Ramp Up". It is true. Its basically your commission. You get your commission at the end of each month. So since your starting in February, you will see that on your last check in march. Its to help you meet your goals and once that ends then you gotta make it yourself. And its ok, you can ask as many questions as you like, I don't mind.

I have a question about training. I am going to be in Alabama, but won't have my vehicle with me. How am I supposed to get back and forth from the hotel to the training site? And to and from the airport?

30 months ago

Yessicabritt in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I have a question about training. I am going to be in Alabama, but won't have my vehicle with me. How am I supposed to get back and forth from the hotel to the training site? And to and from the airport?

Do they provide transportation?

Rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida

30 months ago

I heard they do. My training was 45 min away so they paid for my time there and back each day plus mileage. I would suggest getting in contact with your manager to answer that question better

hottie03 in Ferriday, Louisiana

29 months ago

Yessicabritt in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Do they provide transportation?

I am also going to training in Alabama in March and I have so many unanswered questions. Do anyone know the dress code for training??

29 months ago

I've actually been switched to the March 5th training in Lafayette, LA. But dress code is black tan or khaki pants, black or brown shoes, a solid shirt or a nice blouse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dragonsoul in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

hottie03 in Ferriday, Louisiana said: I am also going to training in Alabama in March and I have so many unanswered questions. Do anyone know the dress code for training??

they will sent you an email with details about dress code and other things

28 months ago

Yeah they dress code is pretty much business casual. What other questions do you have? I just finished my 90 days and it's pretty cool. I can tell you one thing, there is no limit on the $$$ to be made!!!!!

But, just let me know if you have any other questions

hottie03 in Ferriday, Louisiana

28 months ago

Thanx to you all...I recieved my call from the onboarding team. I'm waiting on my e-mail with my flight details. What was training like?

Shiggity42 in California

28 months ago

Training is real fun. I'm in my second week on the sales floor. I like being a RSC, the day goes by fast. I'm lucky my store is in a U Verse green area. That allows you to make more money. On out second day in training we received our COU's which is a company phone. The issues you is a Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket 2 in white.

Shiggity42 in California

28 months ago

Sorry for the typos. Since im fresh out of training, I suggest you really focus on your trainer and not get caught up in the side chatter. Really focus on the opus training. That is where you make your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida said: Yeah they dress code is pretty much business casual. What other questions do you have? I just finished my 90 days and it's pretty cool. I can tell you one thing, there is no limit on the $$$ to be made!!!!!

But, just let me know if you have any other questions

I'm interviewing for an RSC position tomorrow. It's obvious you like working there, but can you give some pros and cons about the job? I've been reading that managers are really tough on their employees. I mean, it could just be employees that weren't very good and decided to trash talk AT&T on the Internet... Thanks!

Rwatson0408 in Hialeah, Florida

28 months ago

Yeah I really do love working as a RSC, but that's not what I want to be forever though. My managers are tough but in a good way because they want the store to make money. If I don't hit my goals, I get in trouble and so does the manager. So that could be a reason why people say the managers are tough. But if you just do what your supposed to do, then everything will be alright. The interview process is pretty long though. I went through a phone interview and 2 face to face interviews before I was offered the position.

All in all, it could just be former employees that now work for other companies that aren't as strict as AT&T but more than likely not making the same kind of $$$$$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

espn12 in Utica, New York

23 months ago

I'm starting RSC training the first week of September (Tuesday after the holiday). Will I get paid the third week for the first two weeks? Or do they hold the first paycheck? Thanks!

Ceeceepembroke

12 months ago

rwatson0408 in Opa Locka, Florida said: Hey everyone,

Are you still working at AT&T? In the Fort Lauderdale area what does your quota look like 30 new line 40 upgrades, 15 unverse I just wanted to get an idea of what your goals are? Honestly do you feel they are hard to reach?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.