ATT Call Center Hiring Process!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (48)

Gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana

39 months ago

I applied for the Natl Internet Service thing & I got all the emails, test date, took test, passed both test. That was Sept.24. Its been a WEEK and I have received no calls or emails. What's next & how & WHY SO LONG!!!!!! Please HELP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

livealittle10 in Memphis, Tennessee

39 months ago

Hello
I am in the same position you are in however I was told that I will hearing something from them in the same week. My application is still being under review. I am still optimist because he told me that lot of people fell the background check due to past felony or misdemeanors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Theoria in New Orleans, Louisiana

39 months ago

Have you heard anything from AT&T since your test date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

No I have not. I email my hiring manager and I have not heard anything. I check my application status and it says that my resume under review. Last week the job posting read no longer accepting application. I recheck my application status it now read job posting accepting application. The class training beginning Oct 3 the second Oct 17 and last is Nov 8.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

TripleBlessed in Memphis, Tennessee

38 months ago

Cause she worked in a call center like att so she said be aggressive and go after it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana

38 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

How do you know the status of your application. Where do I go to find that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

You go to att careers and log in then click on the my homepage tab and it should pull up all the positions you applied for and when it do that look under the job you looking for and it should say something like job status and look under that and it should show you the status its going to say resume under review.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Ok. It says Congratulations you have completed the initial testing phase required for this position.I don't see anything about resume under review... is that bad :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

it should be right above printable format.... did you click on resume under review it's right after submission status..

38 months ago

Ok this is exactly what I did.
-went to att.jobs/
- clicked on job search & apply link
- under returning job seeker i clicked log in
- i logged in
- clicked on my homepage thats where my job submission thing popped up

AT&T Customer Assistant - Natl Internet Svcs - Metairie - Full-time
LA-METAIRIE
Job Number: xxxxxxx
Job Status: Job Posting Open
Submission Status (Click Status to View Description) Testing Status Update – Updated: Sep 26, 2011
View/Edit Submission|View Email Messages|Withdraw

above is what i seen.....

when i clicked on testing status update

Testing Status Update
Printable Format
Congratulations you have completed the initial testing phase required for this position.

above is what is in the box

I'm not understanding I tested Septemeber 24... & I still haven't heard anything, no calls or anything. I'm afraid I really didn't get this job, but after I tested the thing said I was qualified & the lady told me to wait on a call or email & its been 2 almost 3 weeks!

38 months ago

Thank you : )

38 months ago

Hi TripleBleased

I like for you to know that it feel pretty good that I know I am not along with this process. You post is exactly what I did accept for going to the office. Our process is exactly the same. I email him twice. The first time thinking that I missed his called. Since he told me that he will call me back this week. I took my test and pass Sept 22 2011. I also know that alot of people who passed the test and already did the background test did not pass the background test. One last thing the job posting is now accepting application again. I do not know what they are looking for because I do have call center experience.

Also I hope both of us get the job and thanks for your post it was a big help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Well I'm right with you I just feel like sept. 14 till now I should know or heard something this is crazy but I seen the job posting back up probably ready to fill the nov.8 training but still we should have been heard back from staffing.. all it say is my resume is under review I called and called he answered one time I think I called like at 11 something... I know that they busy days are Monday and Friday. So its the middle of the week atleast email me back or return my call. Do you have his direct number to his desk?

38 months ago

TripleBlessed in Memphis, Tennessee said: Well I'm right with you I just feel like sept. 14 till now I should know or heard something this is crazy but I seen the job posting back up probably ready to fill the nov.8 training but still we should have been heard back from staffing.. all it say is my resume is under review I called and called he answered one time I think I called like at 11 something... I know that they busy days are Monday and Friday. So its the middle of the week atleast email me back or return my call. Do you have his direct number to his desk?

I do not have the direct number to the desk. But I check my status and it now says SCHEDULE. I do not know what this mean because no one have not call me.

38 months ago

Im praying it says schedule for a interview congrats you moved up from a minor step to a new one...whats your email ill send you his number

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

TripleBlessed in Memphis, Tennessee said: Im praying it says schedule for a interview congrats you moved up from a minor step to a new one...whats your email ill send you his number

Hi Blessed
I already have his number but I do not think schedule mean anything because no one have call me yet. Since the next training day is Nov 8 then they might schedule me in the following weeks. I also hope everything goes well with your process but if you email him used the email he send out with the test day just reply to that email.

I am aware that he might be extremely busy and other HR members might not be calling and schedule people as they should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Hey livealittle10,

Well I thank you for that hope for me, Im praying they call us both the person that told me about the job her friend works there she was asking me if I took the background check I told her no she said well I would go ahead and do it but I was thinkn maybe I should stay onthe track that im already on I did however registered for the background check but I didnt start the application I really want to but I dont know if its a good idea seeing I havent received a call or email you would think they would atleaat give you a interview if you correspond to the requirements but I dont know Im going to email him in a few mins just for a follow up I know they are busy but they should atleast try to contact the possible candidates but they have they're way of doing things I heard the process is kind of long but I'm still hanging in there..

38 months ago

Guys I am seriously losing hope & I don't want to, my faith level is to a all time LOW. Like my status still hasn't changed or anything. This is unbearable, & I hate to apply somewhere else & get the job there & then AT&T finally calls me. UGH, I seriously don't know what to do. I have called the HR person idk how many times & I never ever get an answer always goes to vmail. This sucks monkey balls like seriously.
Signed, faithless!

38 months ago

gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Guys I am seriously losing hope & I don't want to, my faith level is to a all time LOW. Like my status still hasn't changed or anything. This is unbearable, & I hate to apply somewhere else & get the job there & then AT&T finally calls me. UGH, I seriously don't know what to do. I have called the HR person idk how many times & I never ever get an answer always goes to vmail. This sucks monkey balls like seriously.
Signed, faithless!

Hi Gabby504

The truth is start looking for other jobs. I learn a long time ago not to put all your eggs in one basket. While doing search for Att hiring process I learn that their HR process is the worst. Its all depend on how many people are applying for the job. I have apply for Macy seasonal position and will have an interview with them for next week. I plan on working for ATT until I finish school which will be end of August. These companies are treating people like dirt since it is an employers market. But my advice is never loose faith but remember in this job market it is a must to be a realist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E.Simpes in Jacksonville, Florida

38 months ago

Gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I applied for the Natl Internet Service thing & I got all the emails, test date, took test, passed both test. That was Sept.24. Its been a WEEK and I have received no calls or emails. What's next & how & WHY SO LONG!!!!!! Please HELP!

Girl!!! that is nothing. I had to wait a whole month from August 29th. When the Staffing Manager called me she said that, "I passed everything and if we need any other information from you, we will call you"- I called them back to see what she meant and she just told me that it does not mean we are going to call you it just means that you are in the pool with the other qualified applicants and you can get a call in 3 months or more or a year.( I had kind of loss hope). Well when September 29th hit I received a call from them stating information about doing a background and drug test. On October 5th I past the drug test and background test and on October 6th I go what I was going to be making weekly(I am working in a call center) and I am starting on October 31,2011. But give them a month, I believe I gave you there number to human resource, right? If you need any help let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Hey Gabby504 PLEASE DONT GIVE UP KEEP THE FAITH N PRAYERS GOING U GONE GET IT JUST BE PAITIENT I KNOW ITS HARD BUT IF YOU WANT IT GO FOR IT AND STILL APPLY FOR OTHER JOBS DONT JUST WAIT FOR THAT ONE...

@ E.SIMPES HEY IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN TELL ME HOW TO GET THE HUMAN RESOURCE NUMBER I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT NUMBER FOR A LONG TIME!????

38 months ago

TripleBlessed in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hey Gabby504 PLEASE DONT GIVE UP KEEP THE FAITH N PRAYERS GOING U GONE GET IT JUST BE PAITIENT I KNOW ITS HARD BUT IF YOU WANT IT GO FOR IT AND STILL APPLY FOR OTHER JOBS DONT JUST WAIT FOR THAT ONE...

@ E.SIMPES HEY IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN TELL ME HOW TO GET THE HUMAN RESOURCE NUMBER I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT NUMBER FOR A LONG TIME!????

The number is.... just to let you know I will have to tell your there phone number in words, because it will not allow you to type numbers on these forums. The number is (Area Code:two one three, First Three Digits:seven,four,three and the Last Four Digits:five,seven,six,four.) God bless and if there is anything that else that I can assist you with, don't hesitate to contact me at E.Simpes25@gmail.com

38 months ago

gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Guys I am seriously losing hope & I don't want to, my faith level is to a all time LOW. Like my status still hasn't changed or anything. This is unbearable, & I hate to apply somewhere else & get the job there & then AT&T finally calls me. UGH, I seriously don't know what to do. I have called the HR person idk how many times & I never ever get an answer always goes to vmail. This sucks monkey balls like seriously.
Signed, faithless!

They have told me when I was going through the process, to not pay attention to the status. When I was in the process, they called me once I did the interview and tests to let me know that I pass everything and I am in the pool with the other "qualified applicants" and that if they need any more information from me then they will call me. I called them back because of excitement and the lady just let me know that it does not mean you are going to get a call, you can get a call in 3 months or maybe a year. So, I left it alone for a while ( that was on August 29th the last time I spoke with At&t. On September 29th ( I don't know if they did that on purpose- I am talking about the dates(August 29-September 29) but I received a call from the staffing manager stating an contingent offer (I got a background test and drug test done from Hireright) with Hireright I had to write down all the jobs I worked for within the last five years so that they can call each one to verify that I work there. Once that was completed...remind you...if they can not get in contact with one of your employers then they will notify you about that and you better start calling your employer to let them know that Hireright is trying to contact them to verify that I work for you all in the past. While you are doing that, Hireright will still contact that same job that you are trying to contact. They still help, even if they have ask you to get your employer to send some documentation of you working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

livelyl in Nashville, Tennessee

38 months ago

Hi every one
Did anyone have their status listed as schedule.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

crazycat from Austin tx in Baltimore, Maryland

38 months ago

My experience was a little better. I first applied on April 14 2011 it was quick ,tested on the 28 got a refusal email on May 4. I reaplied October 18 vot the teleconference a week later ,tested the day after and after i passed thr test i got and interwiew for the next day. Advice be yourself but be hgprofessional. I got the verbal offer that same day on the 26 got background and drug tests done by the November 1st got confirmation tge 2nd and final offer plus new hire portal and docs by the 3rd.
So good luck gyys this forum helped me a lot.

Rica Simpson in Orange Park, Florida

37 months ago

Gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I applied for the Natl Internet Service thing & I got all the emails, test date, took test, passed both test. That was Sept.24. Its been a WEEK and I have received no calls or emails. What's next & how & WHY SO LONG!!!!!! Please HELP!

Did anyone call you to verify with you ( even though you knew it already) that you pass the interview,and tests? I know I recieved a call telling me that I pass the interview and test assessments and that I am in the pool with the other qualified candidates-So, I was, at that time considered a "Qualified Candidate". Now, let me remind you ( which I think this is soooo stupid and it piss me off) When I called the lady back to ask her what she meant by pool of qualified applicants, she just said that it is just letting you know that you are qualified and that you can or will not recieve a call and if we need in other info from you we will call you. In my mind I was like, then why did I bother to take the test and do an interview? So, I left it alone and went on with my business. So, all of a sudden on September 29, 2011 pulls around and I get a call from them with an conditional offer.What I believe what takes so long is that they want to make sure that they screen the right candidates for the job, and plus you have to remember that you are not the only one that has pass. I believe you should be concerned if you did pretty good on your interview. I believe I got the job because I impressed the heck out of the manager. But it is a long process but don't give up. In my traning class I heard from other employees that it took them 4 months before they got a call back from ATT.

Andrea Dyer in Houston, Texas

35 months ago

livealittle10 in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hello
I am in the same position you are in however I was told that I will hearing something from them in the same week. My application is still being under review. I am still optimist because he told me that lot of people fell the background check due to past felony or misdemeanors.

Does anyone know what is the criteria for the background check?

jreid in Brooklyn, New York

30 months ago

i had my first interview with central manager like three weeks ago in last week i just got tired of the wait in call the store in spoke to who i thought was the store manager but was the asst. manager that to me to forward him my info to his email but i think i would have to speak to the hiring manager to get the job should i continue speaking with him or should i try to get in contact with the store manager

Charles288 in Ville Platte, Louisiana

29 months ago

Hi. I recently filled out an application for AT&T for customer care in the call center. I got an invite to take a test. It's schedule for Monday at 9. It say it's a call center teleconference meeting. I'm thinking that's online but it's giving a location to a center. Can someone please tell me if that's online or do I have to go to the center. I really don't want to miss it? And what happen during the conference, do u take any test and what are the next steps

Angela in Silver Spring, Maryland

29 months ago

Charles288 in Ville Platte, Louisiana said: Hi. I recently filled out an application for AT&T for customer care in the call center. I got an invite to take a test. It's schedule for Monday at 9. It say it's a call center teleconference meeting. I'm thinking that's online but it's giving a location to a center. Can someone please tell me if that's online or do I have to go to the center. I really don't want to miss it? And what happen during the conference, do u take any test and what are the next steps

Its a phone and/or web conference.

Charles288 in Ville Platte, Louisiana

29 months ago

Thanks. Don't want to bother u to much. But I did the conference today n I'm scheduled for a test at the center tomorrow. It's to work in the call center. Do u know which test I will have to take. N what they are about. Thanks

Beyondthislife

29 months ago

I AM BLESSED!!! Finally got the call! I start class either AUG 13th if my hr manager can find a place cause she said its actually full right now, but if not then my class will
start Sept 17th!!! Long way, but at least i can work and get money where I am currently and I have something to look forward to!!!!! I deserve it, I have earned it!!! Top pay also, I am blessed!!!! I can breath now.

shay in Renton, Washington

28 months ago

Is the interview conference on the phone or do I have to go to the place.

NeedaBreakthrough in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

26 months ago

How long does ir take for AT&T to call someone back?! Its been 3 weeks and all its saying is met minimum requirements? Is that a good thing?

arthyrossy in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

23 months ago

Hi,

Just like to ask about my job application at at&t

Ive been interviewed last tuesday and I think it went well
At the end the team manager showed me around the call center environment
Even the pantry area( ate they doing this to all the applicants).
2days had passed and I didn't hear anything from them. I'm kinda need
This job and I want this job I already sent a thank you letter right when i got home
Last tuesday and called the hiring manager this afternoon but I can't reached her and
I was always directed to voice mail.

Is that mean that I don't get the job?

Mylifestyle

23 months ago

arthyrossy in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: Hi,

Just like to ask about my job application at at&t

Ive been interviewed last tuesday and I think it went well
At the end the team manager showed me around the call center environment
Even the pantry area( ate they doing this to all the applicants).
2days had passed and I didn't hear anything from them. I'm kinda need
This job and I want this job I already sent a thank you letter right when i got home
Last tuesday and called the hiring manager this afternoon but I can't reached her and
I was always directed to voice mail.

Is that mean that I don't get the job?

No, just be patient. I applied in May 2012 and did not get a job to start until August 2012, so be patient it's a long wait, but it's worth it! I have been here 6 months almost and I love it!

arthyrossy in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

23 months ago

Thank you, praying that they will hire me

Impatient in Memphis, Tennessee

18 months ago

Hi. Does anyone know the shift hours for the call center?

ktuck in Gary, Indiana

17 months ago

Impatient in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hi. Does anyone know the shift hours for the call center ?

i know the indianapolis call center is 8am -11pm monday through saturday with working 2 months out the year for sundays

Kpena713 in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

Can someone give me some insight on the at&t call center hiring process. I applied for a bilingual leveraged service rep (sales) job in houston. Ive took the "EI" test online and now ive set up an appointment to go and take the "CCA" and "OPI" tests. What should I be expecting and what comes after that?

Luke in Detroit, Michigan

12 months ago

Does receiving a notice to report for the drug screen mean that the background check is complete and passed?

Mocha Delight in Detroit, Michigan

12 months ago

Luke in Detroit, Michigan said: Does receiving a notice to report for the drug screen mean that the background check is complete and passed?

No that's a part of the background check. You will get an email when you're background check is complete.

Luke in Redford, Michigan

12 months ago

Mocha Delight in Detroit, Michigan said: No that's a part of the background check. You will get an email when you're background check is complete.

Thanks Mocha Delight.

DCastillo in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

11 months ago

Hello, I applied for the Customer Care Representative (Call Center)position here in Puerto Rico, and received a call today to schedule a teleconference call but they also sent me a link with an address for the conference. So I was wondering, is it going to be on the phone or online? What should I expect? Thanks!!

Debs in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

7 months ago

I just filled out the online form and took the test for csr position in a call center. I got a quick computerized phone call. I messed up on answering the questions because I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting a phone call like that with scenerios of a disgruntled customer so soon. I went back on line and the results of the testing came back "qualified" Does anyone know the next step in this hiring process?

von in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

6 months ago

How long does it take for them to review your application once u complete the application/testing ?? It says i qualified based on testing , i did apply Friday so i guess it may take another day or so ?

Theresa in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

6 months ago

Debs in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I just filled out the online form and took the test for csr position in a call center . I got a quick computerized phone call. I messed up on answering the questions because I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting a phone call like that with scenerios of a disgruntled customer so soon. I went back on line and the results of the testing came back "qualified" Does anyone know the next step in this hiring process?

Hi, did you ever get an update to your application ??

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.