You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

I AM NOT in Bowling Green, Kentucky

25 months ago

Don't stress about it is what I mean to say

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tuk2009 in Renton, Washington

24 months ago

Hi everyone I have a question about an add I applied for on Craigslist. It's for AT&T and its a call center position. I applied three months ago and got the response today. Here's we're I'm suspicious about the posting. It says and I quote " Employee Deposit

As of March 1, 2011, AT&T now requires that all new employees complete and online application as well as employee deposit. In the past, we have agreed to hire individuals that did not show up for work, leaving us understaffed. Now that we require a $10.00 deposit during the online application, we have noticed the problem of people not showing up has came to an  halt. Please be aware that this $10.00 deposit that will be returned to you when you show up for orientation. If you have already paid your $10.00 deposit and decide that you no longer want to be employed through us, please let us know and we will refund the deposit right back to the card that payment was made with. Please Note: Your card WILL NOT be charged until a representative has spoken to you over the phone. This charge will appear on your card as *AT&T SRVCS* ". Then it ask for my debit card number, name of the bank I use and expiration address last four of ssn birth date and security number. Am I being overly suspicious? Oh the others thing is I can't find the job posting any more on Craigslist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

It's fake!!

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

Always apply directly on the AT&T website. Those of us here all pretty much know the process whether we received offers or not and I think I can say for all of us that NONE were asked to provide that information. AT&T has information about fake solicitations for employment and there may even be an email address you can leave a message to in regards to what the ad posted. Good luck on your future endeavors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yeah, I know in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

I applied for a position with AT&T today. I passed the first assessment and took the second one. I have yet to hear back from them regarding the second one.

v in Memphis, Tennessee

24 months ago

Tenae in Memphis, Tennessee said: How do you pass the personality assessment test? I failed it the last time I applied for AT&T. I was told everything should be strongly disagree/agree and that your answers should line up. Does anyone remember any questions from the personality assessment?

Sorry, I don't recall any of the questions, but they have "suppose to be helpful" information on their website that's suppose to help you be prepared.

I have a question. How and who do I contact to find out if I passed the test? I took the test on June 28th, but I've still yet to hear from anyone. I believe it's safe to assume I didn't pass. I keep checking the status of my application and it says open. The last update they have for me is the assessment date conformation. I tested in Memphis,TN.

retired but looking in Orange Park, Florida

23 months ago

I have a question that seems so simple I am embarrassed to ask but here goes. I am retired but looking for additional income. I believe the AT&T CSR job is a good fit for me. I have many years in main frame support including over 10 in call center support. I have used PCs in everyday use for many years as well. I have taken the AT&T CSR test twice. Each time I have gotten to the part where you enter information about the incoming call and the help library screen immediately overlays the incoming information. Critical information such as amount paid is hidden by the screen. I can not drag the help overlay off. I tried putting the cursor on the screen, left clicking and dragging with the cursor control key. It would not drag. I tried to do the same with the edges of the library screen. I could not answer the questions because specific information that was needed was hidden by the screen. Each time I have had to wait 6 months to take the test again. I do not know what I am doing wrong It must be some old age senior moment kind of thing. The test is given in a room of 50 or so and there is no opportunity for questions. I would like to know before taking the test again what I am doing wrong. Can anyone tell me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave Bock in Cincinnati, Ohio

12 months ago

Perhaps retired but looking has simply come up against a view by ATT that is possibly slanted against folks older then early fifties. Especially in retail or customer service positions. I am an early retiree from the public sector and I have some concerns about ATT. Especially in view of the fact that I was in a union position for 31 yrs. and ATT is now promoting a pro union discount . I honestly believe they want twenty something's only. Check out the staff in the stores. As to testing proceedures, these can be designed to reflect poorly on certain population groups as n excuse for not hiring. So, don't feel bad. I highly doubt you will ever learn anything. One thing ATT does not consider is that older folks are a dependable market for buyers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

NAJA MONGER in Memphis, Tennessee

12 months ago

I have passed two or three test and have not been contacted for the conference call... when I check the status of my application it says I qualified based on the testing... what's next?? I'M freaking out I really want/need this job. Does anyone have a number I can call to speed things up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NAJA MONGER in Memphis, Tennessee

12 months ago

I have passed two or three test and have not been contacted for the conference call... when I check the status of my application it says I qualified based on the testing... what's next?? I'M freaking out I really want/need this job. Does anyone have a number I can call to speed things up? What's next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Just one question- I read all the comments about desperate to get job. What does ATT actually PAY PER HOUR.? Especially the average store sales person? It's got to be a generational thing, but isn't the idea about working actually making decent money anymore?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eneliko32 in Corvallis, Oregon

11 months ago

A couple months ago, I applied for a position as a sales consultant. I did not pass the assessment however just recently applied for more positions. When applying again for the positions, why did it not ask me to take the assessment? They based my qualifications off of the first assessment I had taken. When clicking on the "take me to the next step" link in my email, it did not take me to the page to take the assessment. I want to be able to retake it. Will I be able to retake the assessment? It did not ask me to take the assessment when re-applying for the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

You can't reapply for 6 months. ATT uses a testing formula which I assume works for them. As to whether or not it is an accurate indicator of anything is open to interpretation. If you try to inquire about the testing, you might as well forget it. I entered the workforce in the early 70s before all these predictive tests. I worked union and made a good blue collar living. The current generation does not know what has changed. Not for the better.
The only folks making money these days are the ,middle management which are not subject to the dames rules as the entry level person. Perhaps, middle managers should be tested more. One thing that I could not comprehend is a person can have extensive proven team based history with a positive customer service personnel jacket and be dumped by ATT. Google the net for how subjective testing can be misused against a potential employee. This is today's discrimination. So, don't feel bad. Find a good job with a strong union. And, I guess one last comment- look for real income. Forget insurance for your pets. Make sure you have an offer with ood insurance fir you. Forget all the crap about fringes unless you get the money to pay a mortgage.

pete in Homosassa, Florida

8 months ago

Im just curious....what salary did they start you at? I will be starting next week and I am upwards of 20k plus commission

Theoria in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Just a quick update for you guys. I was called yesterday(October 6, 2011) by an HR Rep to be congratulated saying that I passed all phases of the Background Check and to be extend the permanent job offer!! (Yaaaay Me) I was given my salary info and also told that the Onboarding info (in the form of an e-mail with many links and attachments) would be sent later in the day. I also will begin training at the end of the month. I am so excited! The process was tedious, but in the end, I believe it was all well worth it.

The next step is to complete the Onboarding process. There are several forms which all have to be completed by specific dates. There are two forms which must be brought in on the first day of training along with two forms of I.D.

@ Gabby I hope things will work out for you!!

TakiX in Hutto, Texas

8 months ago

Hey Pete are you training in San Antonio, TX next week?

TakiX in Hutto, Texas

8 months ago

I'm in the class seeing if I can make contact before the training starts.

pete in Homosassa, Florida

8 months ago

No, I'll be in Ocala, Florida. It's 5 weeks of classroom training in the same building of where I will be working. Can't wait to start!

TakiX in Hutto, Texas

8 months ago

pete in Homosassa, Florida said: No, I'll be in Ocala, Florida. It's 5 weeks of classroom training in the same building of where I will be working. Can't wait to start!

I'm excited about training too, hope it goes well for you out there as well.

Alw77 in Atlanta, Georgia

4 months ago

I just took the at&t assessment test for the wire tech position and got an immediate email letting me know so. How do u fail an opinionated test and how soon if at all will at&t allow me to retake the test? I'd really like to get on with at&t.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.