The Hiring Process for AT&T Customer Assistant - Natl Internet Svcs Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (48)

Theoria in New Orleans, Louisiana

38 months ago

Step 1: August 26, 2011 - I applied online @ connect.att.jobs.

Step 2: August 26, 2011 - I received an email from AT&T Staffing requesting additional info (SSN, Criminal/Driving History) needed for application. Submitted info within a few minutes.

Step 3: September 9, 2011 - I received an email from AT&T Staffing inviting me to choose a time slot for a testing session on in for a testing session on September 17th 2011. I choose my time slot and submitted the email the same day.

Step 4: September 14, 201l - I received a confirmation email from AT&T Staffing confirming the date and time slot chosen for my testing session.

Step 5: September 17, 2011 - Took two tests. The first test was The Call Center Audition test where you go through a scenario as if you are the call center rep and you take calls and select the options you would use as an agent. After this test is complete, you are immediately told whether or not you passed or failed. If you fail, you leave immediately. If you pass, you move on to the second test which is the Internet Services Mini Course Assessment Test. After passing this test, you are told immediately whether or not you qualify. If you qualify, the Testing Rep will tell you that someone from HR will be in touch with you over the next week. I passed both tests.

Step 6: September 21, 2011 - I received an email from AT&T Staffing where I was asked to select a time and day (given two days to choose from : Sept 23 or 26 and 2 time slots)to attend a telephone conference call. On the call there were several other potential hirees. The HR rep went over the job description, the requirements for attendance, the weekly range of pay, etc. At the end of the call, the HR rep did a roll call where each hiree was asked to choose a day and time for which to come in for the CSA or Face to Face Interview. After that, the call ended.

Step 7: September 27, 201l - I received a confirmation email for my CSA for September 28, 2011.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Step 8: September 28, 2011 - CSA Met with the nice person who asked me a few questions and conducted my interview. It was really quick. The questions were pretty standard for a Call Center Interview. "How would you handle?" or "How have you previously handled?" type questions. I must admit, when I left, I really could not read the person. I left thinking, I failed. I was pretty surprised when I got a phone call from HR the next day.

Step 9: September 29, 2011 - HR Rep contacted me to Congratulate me and extend the Conditional offer of employment. She did a quick review of my application and also asked some questions about criminal history as well as driving record. She also inquired about education and job history. She explained the background check process and also the drug screen. She stated that a company called HireRight would be conducting the both screenings and that I should cooperate fully with them. Shortly after, I received the conditional employment e-mail with a link to HireRight so that I could fill out the background form and begin the screening process. I submitted it within a few hours. Later that evening, I received an email from HireRight that contained the Drug Screen Registration Instructions and form. I had to complete the drug screen within two business days.

Step 10: September 30, 2011 - I went to the Lab and had the drug screen done. It was simple, showed my i.d., urinated in the cup and I was done.

As of today, October 5, 2011 - My background check finally says 100% complete after 6 days. I am still waiting to hear from HR. This has been a VERY LONG and torturing process. After all of this, I pray that I will get this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

After reading through all of the mostly confusing forums, I posted this in hopes that it would help someone to better understand the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana

38 months ago

EricaSimpson9 in Jacksonville, Florida said: I just received on October 6, 2011 Thursday what I will be making per week ( getting paid every week is nice when you are working in a call center) I will be making 418.00 per week. When my background check was done on October 5th I got a call from my Human Resource the same day saying that everything looks good and all I need to do is get the wages that you will be making,then she told me on October 6, 2011 what I will be making which is stated above.

From the process you went through, mines was different. I don't know why? Maybe it is because we are in different states. Here it is below how my hiring process went.

August 20th- I got an email giving me dates and times when they are going to test for the CSA position ( which was easy-and I past with flying colors).

August 25th-I got a call from a manager to have an interview with him on Friday August 26th.

After the interview I received a call on August 29th stating I pass the interview and test and I am in a pool with the other qualified applicants and if they need any more information then they will contact me-Meaning I could get a call and I could not get a call.

Then on September 29th I got an contingent offer-they then did the background and drug test ( I did my drug test on Friday September 30th. Then on October 5th I was told I pass everything and I just needed to be approved on my wages. On October 6th I got approved for my wages and I will be making 418.00 a week and I get a pay increase every 6 months. I will get my orientation information via email on the 17th of October and I start October 31st. I am so Excited!!! I hope this help you out a little. If you don't get a call Friday October 7th then you need to call HireRight or AT&T staffing. If you need their number then I will give it too you.

Can I please have the number! Thanks : ).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Just a quick update for you guys. I was called yesterday(October 6, 2011) by an HR Rep to be congratulated saying that I passed all phases of the Background Check and to be extend the permanent job offer!! (Yaaaay Me) I was given my salary info and also told that the Onboarding info (in the form of an e-mail with many links and attachments) would be sent later in the day. I also will begin training at the end of the month. I am so excited! The process was tedious, but in the end, I believe it was all well worth it.

The next step is to complete the Onboarding process. There are several forms which all have to be completed by specific dates. There are two forms which must be brought in on the first day of training along with two forms of I.D.

@ Gabby I hope things will work out for you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EricaSimpson9 in Jacksonville, Florida

37 months ago

Same thing for me as well. I start on October 31st too. I got the job offer on the 5th and they gave me what I will be making on the 6th of October.Now all I have to do is wait on the 17th to get my orientation packet( if that is what you want to call it.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Gabby, have u heard anything from AT&T yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

37 months ago

I put in an application with ATT over a year ago. I have taken two assessment tests which I have passed. I finally got an email the other day to call the staffing agent at which time I scheduled the teleconference call. I googled the att csr hiring process and found this thread. Thank you so much for helping me know where I am at in this whole process and what to expect from the teleconference call. I appreciate it! Wish me luck :)

Angie in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

37 months ago

I put in an application with ATT over a year ago. I have taken two assessment tests which I have passed. I finally got an email the other day to call the staffing agent at which time I scheduled the teleconference call. I googled the ATT CSR hiring process and found this thread. Thank you so much for helping me know where I am at in this whole process and what to expect from the teleconference call. I appreciate it! Wish me luck :)

EChelette in Natchitoches, Louisiana

37 months ago

Theoria in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Gabby, have u heard anything from AT&T yet?

Where are you doing your training? I start at the end of the month also and I'm headed to Louisville. I was supposed to be headed to Atlanta but the class was filled with natives, from what I understand.

Gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana

37 months ago

Nope NOTHING at all. Have you started is there anyway you can find anything out for me like who I can get in contact with or something!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Well I heard something back, cause I finally got the guy to answer the freaking phone TODAY (exactly a month later from when my test date was updated) & he said that the class had been filled, but he did give me the email address to the staffing manager and whatever. Ugh this is the type of stuff that BLOWS me!

37 months ago

WOW Angie, a YEAR?? Really? That is such a long time to wait. I am sorry they had not contacted u sooner Gabby504. I will begin training at the end of the month in New Orleans. This is for a Call Center position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

I know, the lady that I emailed the staffing manager called me today & explained that the class had been already filled when I took the test. That was a bunch of bull they shouldn't have wasted my time making me test!

37 months ago

gabby504 in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I know, the lady that I emailed the staffing manager called me today explained that the class had been already filled when I took the test. That was a bunch of bull they shouldn't have wasted my time making me test!

O Wow!!! I can truly understand how u must feel about this whole thing. Are u going to continue your employment search with AT&T or have u given up on them? If I were u and this is what You really want, I would temporarily find work elsewhere and just pray that they would eventually call me. It seems to have worked that way for Angie. You never know, people get hired and quit a lot in Call Centers because the job just was not what they expected it to be. So u never know if/when they might call u.

nikki in Spring, Texas

34 months ago

does anyone have a number for a recruiter in houston

Nce2blvd

28 months ago

Whew.... Where do I start.. This process has been long and still not over yet. So far I have been waiting four months. By the time my HR personnel get back in the office (she is on vacation) in a few days I will be too excited, because I will finally find out a final answer >praying this is it!!!!< class starts Aug 13, but I am not sure where, how much or anything in details yet. For those candidates still waiting for an answer STAY POSITIVE. I have felt a lot of the same emotions expressed by many here, so I understand! My advice is, if u have waited this long what is another day, week or month. Do what you feel is best, if u think that emailing, calling or showing up will help do it, but use self control and professional discretion. Apply for other positions, don't stop living and making your money. I have applied to several jobs since AT&T in May 2012. If I just sat and decided not to make a move I would be broke and homeless. You deserve what you can envision!!! I stayed motivated by talking to friends about the position and reading these post here. I enjoyed reading post that ended with people going to training... It made me envision my time that much more. I deserve it and so I am waiting for HR and its no turning back. BTW it only took 2 days for my background to reach 100%, not a week like some candidates. I called Hireright and they were awesome with customer service, they can't give u any hiring info, but that is common sense.... So hang in there and don't worry about it. Pray, envision, read and pray some more. It's your job now go get it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ktuck in Indianapolis, Indiana

25 months ago

To make a long story short, I took the test on the 3rd of Oct and the lady informed us that after the interview we should find out within the next 24-48hrs...had my interview on the 9th and my status says congrats I've completed the testing process, now I'm just patiently waiting. I'm wondering why I keep thinking about this job because normally when I go for a job I do pray that I get it and I leave it alone but its something about this position that makes me want it more than any other, am I crazy??..lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

miladie.haddad in El Cajon, California

22 months ago

ktuck in Indianapolis, Indiana said: To make a long story short, I took the test on the 3rd of Oct and the lady informed us that after the interview we should find out within the next 24-48hrs...had my interview on the 9th and my status says congrats I've completed the testing process, now I'm just patiently waiting. I'm wondering why I keep thinking about this job because normally when I go for a job I do pray that I get it and I leave it alone but its something about this position that makes me want it more than any other, am I crazy??..lol

Did u hear anything from them?? when was that?? i am in exactly the same case, i always think about it, i really want this job, it's been 2 weeks and didn't hear at least a NO, please let me know.

awwwsnap in Indianapolis, Indiana

22 months ago

i hate to saw it but the name of the game is waiting. i literately had a 4 week gap in between every process. My first contact with them was on 9/24/12 when i applied. Im glad to say that my first day is this monday 1/14/13. so thats almost 4 months, it is a long process but to me anything worth having is worth the wait. If anyone knows, do we get paid every week or 2 weeks. also do we have to pay for our own parking and do they?

22 months ago

also how much are union dues? thanks

David

22 months ago

i don't even.know.what to.say. my chances are very slim. i apply this position on Monday and i hot an email telling me to schedule for a test on Saturday. please can someone help me. i want this job badly

22 months ago

David - i suggest you schedule for a test on saturday. seems simple enough, read the email im sure it tells you how.

DAVID

22 months ago

awwwsnap in Indianapolis, Indiana said: David - i suggest you schedule for a test on saturday. seems simple enough, read the email im sure it tells you how.

Thank you so much.. Yes am schedule on tomorrow.. My experience is less but I know a lot about computer..I keep on reading the pamphlet every second minute hour.. Thnanks.

22 months ago

DAVID said: Thank you so much.. Yes am schedule on tomorrow.. My experience is less but I know a lot about computer..I keep on reading the pamphlet every second minute hour.. Thnanks.

i am coming in with no call center experience what so ever. as long as you can pass the test "they will tell you what you should study and it is easy at least for me" you will do fine. Dress well for the test, i was the only one in a test area to have on a tie, no lie.

David

22 months ago

Thanks guys. I passed one (cc audition) and failed the other . spend so much time reading. really need this job badly now I have to.wait 6 months. that's like 6 million years for me

Divamom38

19 months ago

February 22, 2013 applied for Customer Service Rep. Position.
March 7, 2013 I did the tele conference call.
March 14, 2013 I took 2 tests in which I passed and ithat.nterviewed right after
March 19, 2013 received email to give ssn and took survey.
Now waiting on response to last email...any way to email someone or call in hr for at&t in farmers branch, tx???

Tenae in Memphis, Tennessee

18 months ago

How do you pass the personality assessment test? I failed it the last time I applied for AT&T. I was told everything should be strongly disagree/agree and that your answers should line up. Does anyone remember any questions from the personality assessment?

Angie in Louisville, Kentucky

17 months ago

So I'm just wondering if anyone else in the Louisville, KY area is experiencing the same situation as me. So here's how my hiring process has went so far....

April 22, 2013- Applied online for Customer Assistant position in the Louisville, KY call center.

April 22, 2013- Received email requesting additional information, ie drivers license # and ssn#

May 1, 2013- Received email invitation to testing session.

May 7, 2013- Received confirmation email to attend testing session on 5/11.

May 11, 2013- Took two assesment test and passed both.. Was scheduled an interview for 5/16.

May 16, 2013- Had a great interview and was told I'd be contacted by HR for the next step..... That's where all contact has ended. I have not received any further emails or a phone call. When I check the status of the job and my application on at&t careers, the job posting has been cancelled and my status still says: Testing status updated May 13, 2013.

Has anyone else applied for this position and experienced this? I don't know whether I got the job and they are trying to get a class together or not and to keep looking. Any feedback would be great.

I AM NOT in Bowling Green, Kentucky

17 months ago

Hey Angie! Stay positive! They will call and once u are there you will be happy. I currently work for AT&T and I love it. I had to wait for a looooong time before they called.
Yes, I worked other jobs in the meantime, but I knew this was where I wanted to be, so I kept busy and kept waiting. I used this forum ALOT to get me through those days where I felt bad, but then I would see that someone had exciting news, so it would renew my hope and faith that they would call. I took my test and waited some more and 2 months after testing they called. It may not be that long for you. It's worth it, but stress about it believe me once you get there you will see what I mean... Great job and cool co workers! Good luck and I wish u the best!

I AM NOT in Bowling Green, Kentucky

17 months ago

Don't stress about it is what I mean to say

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tuk2009 in Renton, Washington

17 months ago

Hi everyone I have a question about an add I applied for on Craigslist. It's for AT&T and its a call center position. I applied three months ago and got the response today. Here's we're I'm suspicious about the posting. It says and I quote " Employee Deposit

As of March 1, 2011, AT&T now requires that all new employees complete and online application as well as employee deposit. In the past, we have agreed to hire individuals that did not show up for work, leaving us understaffed. Now that we require a $10.00 deposit during the online application, we have noticed the problem of people not showing up has came to an  halt. Please be aware that this $10.00 deposit that will be returned to you when you show up for orientation. If you have already paid your $10.00 deposit and decide that you no longer want to be employed through us, please let us know and we will refund the deposit right back to the card that payment was made with. Please Note: Your card WILL NOT be charged until a representative has spoken to you over the phone. This charge will appear on your card as *AT&T SRVCS* ". Then it ask for my debit card number, name of the bank I use and expiration address last four of ssn birth date and security number. Am I being overly suspicious? Oh the others thing is I can't find the job posting any more on Craigslist.

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

It's fake!!

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

Always apply directly on the AT&T website. Those of us here all pretty much know the process whether we received offers or not and I think I can say for all of us that NONE were asked to provide that information. AT&T has information about fake solicitations for employment and there may even be an email address you can leave a message to in regards to what the ad posted. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Yeah, I know in Brooklyn, New York

17 months ago

I applied for a position with AT&T today. I passed the first assessment and took the second one. I have yet to hear back from them regarding the second one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

v in Memphis, Tennessee

16 months ago

Tenae in Memphis, Tennessee said: How do you pass the personality assessment test? I failed it the last time I applied for AT&T. I was told everything should be strongly disagree/agree and that your answers should line up. Does anyone remember any questions from the personality assessment?

Sorry, I don't recall any of the questions, but they have "suppose to be helpful" information on their website that's suppose to help you be prepared.

I have a question. How and who do I contact to find out if I passed the test? I took the test on June 28th, but I've still yet to hear from anyone. I believe it's safe to assume I didn't pass. I keep checking the status of my application and it says open. The last update they have for me is the assessment date conformation. I tested in Memphis,TN.

retired but looking in Orange Park, Florida

16 months ago

I have a question that seems so simple I am embarrassed to ask but here goes. I am retired but looking for additional income. I believe the AT&T CSR job is a good fit for me. I have many years in main frame support including over 10 in call center support. I have used PCs in everyday use for many years as well. I have taken the AT&T CSR test twice. Each time I have gotten to the part where you enter information about the incoming call and the help library screen immediately overlays the incoming information. Critical information such as amount paid is hidden by the screen. I can not drag the help overlay off. I tried putting the cursor on the screen, left clicking and dragging with the cursor control key. It would not drag. I tried to do the same with the edges of the library screen. I could not answer the questions because specific information that was needed was hidden by the screen. Each time I have had to wait 6 months to take the test again. I do not know what I am doing wrong It must be some old age senior moment kind of thing. The test is given in a room of 50 or so and there is no opportunity for questions. I would like to know before taking the test again what I am doing wrong. Can anyone tell me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave Bock in Cincinnati, Ohio

5 months ago

Perhaps retired but looking has simply come up against a view by ATT that is possibly slanted against folks older then early fifties. Especially in retail or customer service positions. I am an early retiree from the public sector and I have some concerns about ATT. Especially in view of the fact that I was in a union position for 31 yrs. and ATT is now promoting a pro union discount . I honestly believe they want twenty something's only. Check out the staff in the stores. As to testing proceedures, these can be designed to reflect poorly on certain population groups as n excuse for not hiring. So, don't feel bad. I highly doubt you will ever learn anything. One thing ATT does not consider is that older folks are a dependable market for buyers.

NAJA MONGER in Memphis, Tennessee

4 months ago

I have passed two or three test and have not been contacted for the conference call... when I check the status of my application it says I qualified based on the testing... what's next?? I'M freaking out I really want/need this job. Does anyone have a number I can call to speed things up?

NAJA MONGER in Memphis, Tennessee

4 months ago

I have passed two or three test and have not been contacted for the conference call... when I check the status of my application it says I qualified based on the testing... what's next?? I'M freaking out I really want/need this job. Does anyone have a number I can call to speed things up? What's next?

4 months ago

Just one question- I read all the comments about desperate to get job. What does ATT actually PAY PER HOUR.? Especially the average store sales person? It's got to be a generational thing, but isn't the idea about working actually making decent money anymore?

Eneliko32 in Corvallis, Oregon

4 months ago

A couple months ago, I applied for a position as a sales consultant. I did not pass the assessment however just recently applied for more positions. When applying again for the positions, why did it not ask me to take the assessment? They based my qualifications off of the first assessment I had taken. When clicking on the "take me to the next step" link in my email, it did not take me to the page to take the assessment. I want to be able to retake it. Will I be able to retake the assessment? It did not ask me to take the assessment when re-applying for the position.

4 months ago

You can't reapply for 6 months. ATT uses a testing formula which I assume works for them. As to whether or not it is an accurate indicator of anything is open to interpretation. If you try to inquire about the testing, you might as well forget it. I entered the workforce in the early 70s before all these predictive tests. I worked union and made a good blue collar living. The current generation does not know what has changed. Not for the better.
The only folks making money these days are the ,middle management which are not subject to the dames rules as the entry level person. Perhaps, middle managers should be tested more. One thing that I could not comprehend is a person can have extensive proven team based history with a positive customer service personnel jacket and be dumped by ATT. Google the net for how subjective testing can be misused against a potential employee. This is today's discrimination. So, don't feel bad. Find a good job with a strong union. And, I guess one last comment- look for real income. Forget insurance for your pets. Make sure you have an offer with ood insurance fir you. Forget all the crap about fringes unless you get the money to pay a mortgage.

pete in Homosassa, Florida

28 days ago

Im just curious....what salary did they start you at? I will be starting next week and I am upwards of 20k plus commission

Theoria in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Just a quick update for you guys. I was called yesterday(October 6, 2011) by an HR Rep to be congratulated saying that I passed all phases of the Background Check and to be extend the permanent job offer!! (Yaaaay Me) I was given my salary info and also told that the Onboarding info (in the form of an e-mail with many links and attachments) would be sent later in the day. I also will begin training at the end of the month. I am so excited! The process was tedious, but in the end, I believe it was all well worth it.

The next step is to complete the Onboarding process. There are several forms which all have to be completed by specific dates. There are two forms which must be brought in on the first day of training along with two forms of I.D.

@ Gabby I hope things will work out for you!!

TakiX in Hutto, Texas

28 days ago

Hey Pete are you training in San Antonio, TX next week?

TakiX in Hutto, Texas

28 days ago

I'm in the class seeing if I can make contact before the training starts.

pete in Homosassa, Florida

28 days ago

No, I'll be in Ocala, Florida. It's 5 weeks of classroom training in the same building of where I will be working. Can't wait to start!

TakiX in Hutto, Texas

28 days ago

pete in Homosassa, Florida said: No, I'll be in Ocala, Florida. It's 5 weeks of classroom training in the same building of where I will be working. Can't wait to start!

I'm excited about training too, hope it goes well for you out there as well.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.