HireRight background check--how will it work for companies that are no longer in business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Ironic shirt in Pahuska, Maine

9 months ago

I have been presented a job offer and can't remember the precise dates of my employment at a company that is no longer in business, how exactly will the Hire Right background check service confirm my employment in this case? Tax record?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

Ironic shirt in Pahuska, Maine said: I have been presented a job offer and can't remember the precise dates of my employment at a company that is no longer in business, how exactly will the Hire Right background check service confirm my employment in this case? Tax record?

They will ask you to prove it.

My sister had to "prove" that she once worked for a bank that went belly up. Luckily, both of us are pack rats and save everything including our pay stubs.

Going forward, you want to save all of your pay stubs, W2's and Performance Reviews from here on out. The background checking is only going to get worse.

Ironic shirt in Pahuska, Maine

9 months ago

I read that Hire Right would search tax records, and that I wouldn't necessarily have to provide such info, is this not the case?

Bluetea in Texas

9 months ago

Ironic shirt in Pahuska, Maine said: I read that Hire Right would search tax records, and that I wouldn't necessarily have to provide such info, is this not the case?

I haven't heard that. They will have YOU get those records and that might take awhile.

I have "heard" that a company (at this time) is not allowed to ask for your tax returns and that is why they use a disinterested 3rd party and have them do it.

Course, that s**t changes every day now.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.