Need help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Devon in Bayonne, New Jersey

16 months ago

Hello all ,
I've been applying to AT&T customer rep. Jobs since a few months and I keep receiving the not considering you at this time . I don't know how I keep getting this message as I know I'm very skilled with technology and cell phones . I know how to fix almost any phone . Anyways I would like to know how to be able to be considered for one of the open positions . If I can get help I would be very grateful .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

y8x in Alabama

16 months ago

It's probably something on your resume that they are looking at and it's turning them off.

Are you trying for a sales rep?

I know this might sound a bit out there, but I would suggest dressing up in a suit, with your resume, going to the store you plan on applying for and asking to talk to the manager. Explain that you are being denied right off the bat and you feel that you are being overlooked and just ask for 5 min. Explain you are money driven and take pride in helping customers and trying to find the best solutions to help them and your pockets. You need to sell yourself and convince the manager that you will be there to make him a ton of money in the process.

If you impressive him enough, I'm sure that the application won't get denied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

y8x in Alabama

16 months ago

I've seen people get offered rsc jobs just by being in the store and talking to other customers about the product and selling it to them even though they aren't working there. You get a manager to over hear you and they will want you.

Also make sure you print your resume on resume paper, not white paper. I've seen a ton of people not get chosen because of something so simple as that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

y8x in Alabama said: It's probably something on your resume that they are looking at and it's turning them off.

Are you trying for a sales rep?

I know this might sound a bit out there, but I would suggest dressing up in a suit, with your resume, going to the store you plan on applying for and asking to talk to the manager. Explain that you are being denied right off the bat and you feel that you are being overlooked and just ask for 5 min. Explain you are money driven and take pride in helping customers and trying to find the best solutions to help them and your pockets. You need to sell yourself and convince the manager that you will be there to make him a ton of money in the process.

If you impressive him enough, I'm sure that the application won't get denied.

I am trying to apply to become a Sales rep. I might actually try this and see how it goes. What should I have on my resume so they can at least look at it ?

TwNYC in Harlem, New York

16 months ago

Devon in Bayonne, New Jersey said: I am trying to apply to become a Sales rep. I might actually try this and see how it goes. What should I have on my resume so they can at least look at it ?

Prior sales experience/customer service experience.
Make sure its on resume paper

16 months ago

TwNYC in Harlem, New York said: Prior sales experience/customer service experience.
Make sure its on resume paper

What do you mean resume paper?

16 months ago

Devon in Bayonne, New Jersey said: What do you mean resume paper?

Resume paper is made from a variety of material, including cotton, fine linen, parchment and bamboo. Though these papers are fancy and intended to make an impression, many job recruiters are just as impressed by the plain white paper with a great resume imprinted on it than what the paper is made out of. But both elegant paper and an outstanding resume can be doubly impressive.

I mean its not mandatory but it does help your resume look more presentable and stand out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

What if I dont have much sales experience?

Mimii in Altamonte Springs, Florida

16 months ago

Devon in Bayonne, New Jersey said: What if I dont have much sales experience?

Having sales experience would have definitely helped you but it doesn't mean it's impossible to get the job without it. They send you to training to learn the in and outs of selling a their products. I second what everyone else said to you prior, go into the store and speak to someone. I personally didn't have to do that because I have years of cusy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Customer service experience but if you don't, go in and make a good impression

16 months ago

Ok , Thank you very much for the help. I will be going in tommorrow and basically try to sell myself as best as I can . What else should i bring to their attention ?

16 months ago

Devon in Bayonne, New Jersey said: Ok , Thank you very much for the help. I will be going in tommorrow and basically try to sell myself as best as I can . What else should i bring to their attention ?

Also on your interview be outgoing, exciting, hand gestures, and SMILE !

16 months ago

Just be honest, confident, and straight forward. Tell them your interested in a position and what you have to offer the company. Good luck and I hope it goes well!

16 months ago

Thank you and I hope it goes well also.

16 months ago

I wasn't able to meet the manager today because they had some type of training . Hopefully I would be able to meet them tomorrow.

DMarie in San Antonio, Texas

16 months ago

I worked for ATT, A lot of times they hire from "within"...but still go through the motions of putting the job out to the public. They almost always know who they are going to hire, but have to "go through the motions". Most departments have people who they have already recommended and to get hired from the outside is difficult. As far as a Customer Service Reps job, its a relentless high pressure sales job and a revolving door! There is a large turn over...Most Managers are heartless and only care about how much $$ your bringing in you better have a thick skin. If your Bilingual you definitely have a better chance. Sounds like to me you are more skilled at installation and repair..I&R...You may want to look into a Uverse Installer position. This is the best job out there right now. Be prepared for lots of testing, and long technical training classes.

15 months ago

DMarie in San Antonio, Texas said: I worked for ATT, A lot of times they hire from "within"...but still go through the motions of putting the job out to the public. They almost always know who they are going to hire, but have to "go through the motions". Most departments have people who they have already recommended and to get hired from the outside is difficult. As far as a Customer Service Reps job, its a relentless high pressure sales job and a revolving door! There is a large turn over...Most Managers are heartless and only care about how much $$ your bringing in you better have a thick skin. If your Bilingual you definitely have a better chance. Sounds like to me you are more skilled at installation and repair..I&R...You may want to look into a Uverse Installer position. This is the best job out there right now. Be prepared for lots of testing, and long technical training classes.

The thing is there isn't uverse where I live

15 months ago

I was able to meet the manager today but that wasnt any good. He said he cant do anything. Does anyone know of any other ways for me to stand out?

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Devon in Bayonne, New Jersey said: I was able to meet the manager today but that wasnt any good. He said he cant do anything. Does anyone know of any other ways for me to stand out?

Bake a cake and deliver it in person. You'll stand out alright.

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Bake a cake and deliver it in person. You'll stand out alright.

To be honest I hate when people arent helpful and they just waste everyones time.

Bluetea in Texas

15 months ago

Devon in Bayonne, New Jersey said: To be honest I hate when people arent helpful and they just waste everyones time.

No cake? Sorry, I don't know of any other way for you to "stand out" among the zillion of applicants that AT&T receives. But I do wish you the best of luck.

15 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: No cake? Sorry, I don't know of any other way for you to "stand out" among the zillion of applicants that AT&T receives. But I do wish you the best of luck.

Thank You.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.