Wire Tech Training Information (Nashville, TN)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Clear

10 months ago

I'm training in Nashville TN right now.
Somethings arent made clear during orientation, they DO give you a $30 a day food budget. All charges are REIMBURSED so you will not get that money for mileage, or food or anything until after a week or two of training. And you cant setup direct deposit until week 2 so your first check(s), depending on what your start day is, Will be in check form in which you can pick up on the Friday of week 2 in which you return home. The Uniforms will be ordered on the second week of training in which you return to your home garage. They will order you 5 Shirts, 5 Pants, 1 Jacket and may one or two other things depending on the weather. Each January they give you $140 a year budget for new uniforms.

Here is your schedule as of 8/19/2013, they stated this has not changed at all in the last month or two. They are running 2 classes (Day 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and a nightime class 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.) so you will stick with day or nights all training session.

Week 1 - Mon-Fri in Nashville, TN - Pole Climbing, Buck Squeeze and Ladder School PASS OR FAIL POINT
Week 2 - Mon-Thurs in Nashville, TN - Safety and Customer Service School
- Friday back in your home city - Finish Paperwork, Order Uniforms and Prescription Safety Glasses (If needed), Setup Direct Deposit, Pick Up Check if there is on. They may issue ipads and iphone during this week, I am not 100% on that ill update as I go.
Week 3 - Mon-Fri in Nashville, TN - Network Telephony and PWIW
Week 4 - Mon-Fri in Your Home Garage - Ride Along Week
Week 5 - Mon-Fri in Nashville, TN - Premise Installing - Wires
Week 6 - Mon-Fri in Nashville, TN - Premise Installing - CPE
Week 7 - Mon-Fri in Nashville, TN - INID System Installation and WBT's
Week 8 - Mon-Fri in Nashville, TN - ET4PT and IPDSL
Week 9 - Mon-Fri in Home Garage - One Last Ride week
Week 10 - On full load duty, no support

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clear

10 months ago

They place you in a Residence Inn Extended Stay. Its located on the same road basically 1 mile down the road. Your .8 Mile from a Hardees, 1.8 from a Mcdonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut, Krogers, Walgreen, and a Baskin Robbins. There are many other restaurants around too. I just havent found them yet.

Im in Pole Climbing school right now. Some advice, Steel Shanks will come in GREAT during this week. Climbers will kill your feet. Make sure you realize you will NOT fall with the BuckSqueeze. So just keep going and eventually youll get quicker and more efficient at it. Ill post more advice and tips as I go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wireman in Ringgold, Georgia

10 months ago

Just curious. Do you get your own room, or do you room with someone?

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tess in Nash in Nashville, Tennessee

9 months ago

Clear said: I'm training in Nashville TN right now.
Somethings arent made clear during orientation, they DO give you a $30 a day food budget. All charges are REIMBURSED so you will not get that money for mileage, or food or anything until after a week or two of training. And you cant setup direct deposit until week 2 so your first check(s), depending on what your start day is, Will be in check form in which you can pick up on the Friday of week 2 in which you return home. The Uniforms will be ordered on the second week of training in which you return to your home garage. They will order you 5 Shirts, 5 Pants, 1 Jacket and may one or two other things depending on the weather. Each January they give you $140 a year budget for new uniforms.

Here is your schedule as of 8/19/2013, they stated this has not changed at all in the last month or two. They are running 2 classes (Day 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and a nightime class 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.) so you will stick with day or nights all training session.

Week 1 - Mon-Fri in Nashville, TN - Pole Climbing, Buck Squeeze and Ladder School PASS OR FAIL POINT
Week 2 - Mon-Thurs in Nashville, TN - Safety and Customer Service School
- Friday back in your home city - Finish Paperwork, Order Uniforms and Prescription Safety Glasses (If needed), Setup Direct Deposit, Pick Up Check if there is on. They may issue ipads and iphone during this week, I am not 100% on that ill update as I go.
Week 3

Hi! How is it going so far?? Do you live in nashville? Do they put you up in a hotel even if you live in the same town? Are you still training or are you on your own? Whats the next step after you pass the assessment test?? Fill me please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rlcarmikle70 in Memphis, Tennessee

21 days ago

Which location in Nashville are you at? What is the address of the school. Apparently there are two in Nashville and I have to pick one. Please email me at rlcarmikle70@gmail.com
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.