Driving to Training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

18 months ago

To those who drove to training, how far/long was your drive and were you reimbursed? If so, how much? Or how much per the mile do you get reimbursed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

SRichard in Picayune, Mississippi

16 months ago

would also like to know this answer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

16 months ago

SRichard in Picayune, Mississippi said: would also like to know this answer

I finally went to training and you are paid 0.56 per mile.

CuriousKate in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Is this to and from training you are paid .56/mile?

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

16 months ago

CuriousKate in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Is this to and from training you are paid .56/mile?

Yes.

SRichard in Picayune, Mississippi

16 months ago

finally got my final offer and orientation date. however the pay was a low blow. 10.85 per hour.. but gotta do what i gotta do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mimii in Altamonte Springs, Florida

16 months ago

SRichard in Picayune, Mississippi said: finally got my final offer and orientation date. however the pay was a low blow. 10.85 per hour.. but gotta do what i gotta do.

Why so low are you only part time?

ReadyToWork12 in Texas

16 months ago

Your wages are based on experience, education, location, and where ever you are on the pay scale.

Mimii in Altamonte Springs, Florida

16 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: Your wages are based on experience, education, location, and where ever you are on the pay scale.

Yeah that makes sense good answer

Sb23 in New York, New York

16 months ago

I live in NY and drove about 7 hours to training in Buffalo NY. Staffing offered me a hotel stay through the weekend between the first two weeks of training so that I wouldn't have to drive home Friday night and turn around and leave again Sunday. I was paid .56 per mile, which adds up fast on a lengthy drive. In addition, you are paid for travel time, and they will fly you if need permits. The reason I preferred to drive was that I wanted to have my car with me to get around town in the evenings, or on the weekend. It was convenient because there were 12 of us, and the hotel shuttle was a pain to get around in. If you have to pay tolls, ask for a receipt and you can expense it in your mileage report.
If you fly, you're paid for the time you get to the airport until you arrive at the hotel.
They give you a debit card your first day of training that has a daily allotment for food, if you keep your receipts from dinner the night before training starts, most managers will let you expense that as well because you didn't have your card.

y8x in Alabama

16 months ago

They will reimburse you for everything thats out of your normal commute.

It's 10 miles you your store? then you subtract that from the millage and you get reimbursed for that.

y8x in Alabama

16 months ago

Just to add, if you travel on a day off then it's 100% covered. So lets say you are driving to training on a sunday, then all that millage is being covered + travel time per hour.

littlemissanthrax in Bakersfield, California

14 months ago

ReadyToWork12 in Texas said: I finally went to training and you are paid 0.56 per mile.

When do they reimburse you for the gas? Like does the company fill up your tank before you go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

srichard south east UFO

14 months ago

littlemissanthrax in Bakersfield, California said: When do they reimburse you for the gas? Like does the company fill up your tank before you go?

its just mileage and drive time. the $.56 is the federal minimum they can pay for mileage. and as far as drive time they pay you (your hour wage per hour of drive) for the drive from your garage to the hotel. once you check in thats it. then when you check out its from the hotel to your garage even though you are driving to and from your house. if you drive home and your still checked in you will not get paid for anything.

dont be at a gas station calling your manager where he his because i promise you are going to hear laughing.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.