AT&T Hiring

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

dipset86 in Turlock, California

15 months ago

AT&T Hiring is very very very long and you have to stay EXTREMELY patient throughout the process. At time you're going to want to give up thinking "it's not gonna happen." Trust me and just stay patient and be persistent, follow up and stay in touch with the managers. I wish someone had told me these key things before I went through the process. I basically did all on my own and it finally paid off today. My last month and a half would've been stressfree as well. I had my first interview on April 7th with FOUR managers all in the same room. I nailed that interview. My second interview wasn't until almost 2 weeks later with the store manager. And finally TODAY I received my final/official job offer. I start training on June 17th in Pleasanton, CA! I heavily relied on this site while I was going through my process because at times I was starting to give up thinking I wont get a call back from AT&T. So I would come on here and just read through what people have written about their experiences to prepare myself for what might be next and to calm myself down. I wouldn't mind helping any one of you because I know what the impatient feeling is like. lol. I had a few "roadblocks" throughout my process as well as with background check, so getting hired on wasn't as easy for me as I might have made it sound.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

El in Pleasanton, California

15 months ago

dipset86 in Turlock, California said: AT&T Hiring is very very very long and you have to stay EXTREMELY patient throughout the process. At time you're going to want to give up thinking "it's not gonna happen." Trust me and just stay patient and be persistent, follow up and stay in touch with the managers. I wish someone had told me these key things before I went through the process. I basically did all on my own and it finally paid off today. My last month and a half would've been stressfree as well. I had my first interview on April 7th with FOUR managers all in the same room. I nailed that interview. My second interview wasn't until almost 2 weeks later with the store manager. And finally TODAY I received my final/official job offer. I start training on June 17th in Pleasanton, CA! I heavily relied on this site while I was going through my process because at times I was starting to give up thinking I wont get a call back from AT&T. So I would come on here and just read through what people have written about their experiences to prepare myself for what might be next and to calm myself down. I wouldn't mind helping any one of you because I know what the impatient feeling is like. lol. I had a few "roadblocks" throughout my process as well as with background check , so getting hired on wasn't as easy for me as I might have made it sound.

what position were you hired for and is this full time training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dipset86 in Turlock, California

15 months ago

El in Pleasanton, California said: what position were you hired for and is this full time training?

I was hired for full-time sales consultant. And yes, training is full-time. First 2 weeks in Pleasanton training facility, 3rd week back at your original location you'll work at and 4th week back in Pleasanton at ATT training facility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

[blank] in Pleasanton, California

14 months ago

Hey what's man, can I ask you a few questions? If I don't have a car, I of course would be dropped off but do they check you out of the Hotel on the weekends so I would need to be picked up? And the 42$ a day, is there any "limits" on how it's used? Like if I just want to splurge on lunch or dinner, like I spend 30 bucks on dinner-will that be a problem? I just don't usually eat/buy breakfast and it seems like you can or can't only spend certain amounts??? Please clarify lol. What are the hours for training and how far is it? Do they provide a shuttle? I would be a full time rsc.. What hotel would we be staying at? Hope to hear from you dude and I hope your training is going well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

14 months ago

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi said: Don;t worry about the logistics. You will be gone in 90 days. lol :)

I apologize for my previous comment. It just bothers me many on these forums are more worried about being paid for travel rather than being concerned about performing the actual job... I mean if your training is only 3 weeks time and your time in the store is much more why so concerned for small amount of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dipset86 in Modesto, California

14 months ago

[blank] in Pleasanton, California said: Hey what's man, can I ask you a few questions? If I don't have a car, I of course would be dropped off but do they check you out of the Hotel on the weekends so I would need to be picked up? And the 42$ a day, is there any "limits" on how it's used? Like if I just want to splurge on lunch or dinner, like I spend 30 bucks on dinner-will that be a problem? I just don't usually eat/buy breakfast and it seems like you can or can't only spend certain amounts??? Please clarify lol. What are the hours for training and how far is it? Do they provide a shuttle? I would be a full time rsc.. What hotel would we be staying at? Hope to hear from you dude and I hope your training is going well.

Yes, you check in on Sunday between 3pm-12am. You train Mon-Fri from 830-5pm and go home on friday after you're done. (I start training on Monday so I'm telling you what I've heard so far from the AT&T team with all details they've provided.) Week 1, 2 and 4, you train in Pleasanton. They send you home for Week 3 to train at your store and learn opening/closing procedures. As far as $42/day goes, I highly doubt there's any limits. My friend had done his training last summer and he said he was spending $30-$35 every night eating out. lol. The training facility is 2-3 blocks over from the hotel, about 4-5 min drive. The hotel they put you in is Larkspur Landing in Pleasanton. As for your shuttle services question, I've heard there's shuttle service that goes to the training facility but they haven't mentioned in the email so far. I'm supposed to be getting an email by friday with an official confirmation on the hotel and some last minute details, so maybe in there they might mention that there's shuttle.

[blank] in Fremont, California

14 months ago

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi said: I apologize for my previous comment. It just bothers me many on these forums are more worried about being paid for travel rather than being concerned about performing the actual job... I mean if your training is only 3 weeks time and your time in the store is much more why so concerned for small amount of time.

Yeah man I saw your comment and was like wow, ok.. I don't know if it was directed towards me but I only had a specific question regarding money out of many other important questions, none of which was regarding being paid.

Just a note, people may really need a job in this economic climate so they may be flat broke and with bills to pay or with families. So finances and support are more important than you might think..just going out on a limb, I will imagine a person saying what you said being without kids or a wife or mortgage etc. so perhaps making snap judgments or setting your own personal "standards" for what is deemed "worthy" in these forums simply according to you could be a misstep.

Also, I wish everyone on here much more than 90 days of employment! :)

Once again, if your comment was directed towards me, I didn't take offense-nor did I give it a second thought as any mature professional would-but I appreciate the gesture of you reconciling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

dipset86 in Modesto, California said: Yes, you check in on Sunday between 3pm-12am. You train Mon-Fri from 830-5pm and go home on friday after you're done. (I start training on Monday so I'm telling you what I've heard so far from the AT&T team with all details they've provided.) Week 1, 2 and 4, you train in Pleasanton. They send you home for Week 3 to train at your store and learn opening/closing procedures. As far as $42/day goes, I highly doubt there's any limits. My friend had done his training last summer and he said he was spending $30-$35 every night eating out. lol. The training facility is 2-3 blocks over from the hotel, about 4-5 min drive. The hotel they put you in is Larkspur Landing in Pleasanton. As for your shuttle services question, I've heard there's shuttle service that goes to the training facility but they haven't mentioned in the email so far. I'm supposed to be getting an email by friday with an official confirmation on the hotel and some last minute details, so maybe in there they might mention that there's shuttle.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! So they DO give me the boot on weekends huh? I have some car maintenance to try and resolve then because I have no car lol.

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to address all my questions :) I hope your training is awesome!

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

14 months ago

Comment was not directed at any directly. I do have a daughter and I am 18 years old. At this age I would find it extremely difficult to provide the care necessary for my kid but God forbid I become unemployed and I understand the situation however; I hope hopeful-candidates ask more questions orietned around the actual job instead of the specifics of on-boarding I am sure they would not send you without you knowing anything. The truth is you receive a packet a day or two before leaving for that Monday and it ANSWERS EVERY SINGLE QUESTION ASKED HERE. But what I wish were more focus on was tips/tricks on how to make each day count in training as well as after.

Just my .02.

Best of luck.

14 months ago

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi said: Comment was not directed at any directly. I do have a daughter and I am 18 years old. At this age I would find it extremely difficult to provide the care necessary for my kid but God forbid I become unemployed and I understand the situation however; I hope hopeful-candidates ask more questions orietned around the actual job instead of the specifics of on-boarding I am sure they would not send you without you knowing anything. The truth is you receive a packet a day or two before leaving for that Monday and it ANSWERS EVERY SINGLE QUESTION ASKED HERE. But what I wish were more focus on was tips/tricks on how to make each day count in training as well as after.

Just my .02.

Best of luck.

Sounds like a really valuable suggestion and idea which I will try to make use of while in training. Good luck to you and your daughter :) I wish you many MANY more days of employment past 90 days.

TerrBear in Florissant, Missouri

14 months ago

I had my interview with the central hiring manager earlier today. I asked questions after the initial interview was done. This particular central hiring manager used to be a store manager and a asked him what he looks for in an employee. According to his answers he is looking for a candidate like myself. I believe I did a good job in showing him that in my interview. I literally shared my traits with him during the interview and he said those were the traits he looked for when he was a store manager. He said I should hear something by 5pm tomorrow if I am going to be considered for a second interview with an actual store manager. I'm nervous. Do you guys think he'll call me back? I will say he asked me a question about conflict in the work place and I wasn't able to answer that question. I told him I try to avoid work conflict and he said "okay I'll ask a different question". I'm so nervous.

LadyLyricist in Chesterfield, Missouri

14 months ago

TerrBear in Florissant, Missouri said: I had my interview with the central hiring manager earlier today. I asked questions after the initial interview was done. This particular central hiring manager used to be a store manager and a asked him what he looks for in an employee. According to his answers he is looking for a candidate like myself. I believe I did a good job in showing him that in my interview. I literally shared my traits with him during the interview and he said those were the traits he looked for when he was a store manager. He said I should hear something by 5pm tomorrow if I am going to be considered for a second interview with an actual store manager. I'm nervous. Do you guys think he'll call me back? I will say he asked me a question about conflict in the work place and I wasn't able to answer that question. I told him I try to avoid work conflict and he said "okay I'll ask a different question". I'm so nervous.

It sounds like you may have spoken with the same hiring manager I did. I was told I would receive a call on Friday by 5 and it didn't come. I thought I was out of the running for the position but ended up getting a call on Monday. I had an interview with the regional mgr on Tuesday and another interview with two store managers yesterday (Thursday). So even if you don't get the call at the expected time, don't count it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

TerrBear in Florissant, Missouri said: I had my interview with the central hiring manager earlier today. I asked questions after the initial interview was done. This particular central hiring manager used to be a store manager and a asked him what he looks for in an employee. According to his answers he is looking for a candidate like myself. I believe I did a good job in showing him that in my interview. I literally shared my traits with him during the interview and he said those were the traits he looked for when he was a store manager. He said I should hear something by 5pm tomorrow if I am going to be considered for a second interview with an actual store manager. I'm nervous. Do you guys think he'll call me back? I will say he asked me a question about conflict in the work place and I wasn't able to answer that question. I told him I try to avoid work conflict and he said "okay I'll ask a different question". I'm so nervous.

I think if they say you'll hear "something" by 5pm tomorrow, that's a good sign. According to my knowledge and my experience with ATT hiring, if they weren't interested they would say something along the lines of "ok, well..thanks for coming in..we have several more people to interview..we'll get back to you when we finalize it all.." bla bla bla...the fact that he gave you a time is definately a good sign. And yes, like the person below me said, even if you dont hear from them tomorrow, wait it out until monday afternoon or so and follow up...they want to see persistency and it never hurts to call. If they dont answer, leave a msg of course. And as for your interview question you didn't answer, I wouldn't really worry about that bc even the answer you gave was positive. The fact that you said you try to avoid conflict either says you stay out of drama or you've possibly never been put in that situation, so you dont really have an answer for the question. Goodluck to you!

14 months ago

LadyLyricist in Chesterfield, Missouri said: It sounds like you may have spoken with the same hiring manager I did. I was told I would receive a call on Friday by 5 and it didn't come. I thought I was out of the running for the position but ended up getting a call on Monday. I had an interview with the regional mgr on Tuesday and another interview with two store managers yesterday (Thursday). So even if you don't get the call at the expected time, don't count it out.

yes definately. Sometimes you'll feel like you didn't get the position. You wait wait wait wait. And finally, out of nowhere you hear something. Then you wait wait wait wait. It's a game. goodluck to you as well. After my interview with the store manager, it took me about a week and a half to hear back saying I have the position as long as I can pass my background check. Just stay put. follow back if you dont hear by mon-tues

inspire17 in Union, New Jersey

14 months ago

5pm is the time HR closes so if youre chosen thats the time theyll get back to you by...however like someone else said dont lose hope if they dont call and wait until Monday..I just went through the whole process and just completed bg today it is very stressful in the sense that it takes FOREVER for everything to start but once you get the phone call I got today its all worth it hang in there and good luck

play the waiting game and follow up just be polite it shows you care

tired in Winston Salem, North Carolina

13 months ago

You're right, AT&T hiring takes a VERY long time. I applied for technical jobs that AT&T advertised that they "had a great need for". Apparently "needing" technical people does not give them any sense of urgency.

In my first experience, after two interviews they said I was "right for the job" but then I heard silence for weeks. The job market was better back then so I took another offer. AT&T HR would call me about every two months to "make sure I was still available" (to which I said "yes" since my job was month-to-month). After THREE YEARS of this AT&T finally offered me a contract job - with more responsibility than I'd originally interviewed for but also at less pay. I took it since they said that this was temporary and would lead to a full-time role position, but instead they closed that facility and put me on the street.

Then several years later ATT&T HR started calling again asking if I might be available. Over a six month period they had me take two tests, a group interview (that was supposed to be an individual interview), two individual interviews, and a physical examination. Every one of these sessions required me to drive 25 to 70 miles away (each way, and to three different sites). After each session I was told that I would hear from them again "soon", but it was never sooner than a week and was usually two weeks. Then HR would call and ask if I would work in one town, call again a couple days later and ask again for a different town, then call again a few days later with yet another town, then call again asking about one of those same towns again. HR would never give me any definite answers as to when they'd make a final decision or what town they would have me work in. I got tired of all of this run-around and found another job. About two weeks later HR called again with more inquires but no substance... I withdrew my application.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.