Training in Buffalo on Feb. 4th

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Hbk in Schenectady, New York

22 months ago

I start training February 4th in Buffalo Ny. Anyone else going? I was told ATT pays for travel but do I have to pay to get there initially and they take receipts for reimbursement or buy my ticket and I just go? Really looking forward to this! Also, do we get our first check while out there and our company owned phone? Last question is do we have the hotel paid for saturday and sunday the days we're not training or do we have to go home? Thanks for any help guys. If you're in Buff for training too let me know and we can hang out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jade in Irving, Texas

22 months ago

if you are flying, they pay. if you going to drive your own vehicle, you will be reimbursed. yes if you are away at training during the pay period, you will receive a check. i was informed that the very 1st check will be mailed to your residence. once in training you can set up direct deposit if you wish to do so. yes hotel is paid for on the weekends. if you decide to go home, talk to your manager or on boarding team. hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Thank you for the timely reply.

My training is 2/4/13 - 3/1/13. One whole month! Being away from the wife and kids is going to be a little tough but it will be great for the future. :)

I am going to set up direct deposit more than likely while I'm there. I would like my check deposited so I have some money while I am there for whatever I may need. I hope I get the 'at risk' pay while there so I can play a little catch up on bills. Will that be given in training as well in the second check? Since I am there for a month I'd imagine I would get it.

And for the COU, will we get our company phone there in training or is it shipped to our house?

I can't believe nobody else is in Buffalo as well. I hope I'm not all alone, lol.

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

22 months ago

Hbk in Schenectady, New York said: Thank you for the timely reply.

My training is 2/4/13 - 3/1/13. One whole month! Being away from the wife and kids is going to be a little tough but it will be great for the future. :)

I am going to set up direct deposit more than likely while I'm there. I would like my check deposited so I have some money while I am there for whatever I may need. I hope I get the 'at risk' pay while there so I can play a little catch up on bills. Will that be given in training as well in the second check? Since I am there for a month I'd imagine I would get it.

And for the COU, will we get our company phone there in training or is it shipped to our house?

I can't believe nobody else is in Buffalo as well. I hope I'm not all alone, lol.

You are on-site for 2 weeks and go home for 1 week where you will be at your home location. So won't be so bad being away from the family. Other than lectures from your instructor you will be focusing on basic marketing principles and structure of AT&T since the beginning. It will be tons of fun! You will be doing a lot of role plays and training on the web.

22 months ago

Ty for the reply. Any info on the cou?

rackham12 in Central, Mississippi

22 months ago

You will receive a mobile device on the last week of training. Business use only.

22 months ago

Ty again. That stinks, can't use it for very light personal? I'd rather not have to get a second phone. That, and I have bad credit lol. Probably won't even be able to get my wife a discounted plan unless they bypass credit checks for employees and spouses. Lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jade in Sterling Heights, Michigan

22 months ago

I got my COU phone and it's for me use as I please, just keep the phone HR appropriate. The RSCs use it as their personal phone and I use it and my personal line at the same time. You use that phone however you like, just dont have things on it u dont want ur boss to see. that's all.

Jade in Sterling Heights, Michigan

22 months ago

also, u might receive ur cou within the first week or two. i just got back from training. i got my cou the first week and so did the other trainees.

JKP in Olean, New York

19 months ago

Hbk, when you had your training in Buffalo, what hotel did you stay at? I might possibly be training in Buffalo in the near future and am just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Where did the training take place?

18 months ago

JKP in Olean, New York said: Hbk, when you had your training in Buffalo, what hotel did you stay at? I might possibly be training in Buffalo in the near future and am just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Where did the training take place?

Sorry for the long delay. We were at the holiday in located in cheektowaga. Apple one building not too far from there is where the training took place.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.