wire tech job process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 133)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Mo in Gadsden, Alabama

17 months ago

I am taking my tech mech field 2 test tomorrow. I will be checking back here. I think the next step will be a BG check or drug test. I am curious myself...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mo in Ellenwood, Georgia

17 months ago

Same here... Found the Wire tech job posting on indeed.com and applied.5 days later got an email to take my test. I am prior military aircraft mechanic. I heard they were hiring veterans for this position but my driving record is a little spotty... Good luck. I hope you get a call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 1561 in Clarkston, Georgia

17 months ago

I am a former aircraft mechanic as well. I did get a response from the lady that helped ke schedule my test. It read that staffing would soon be reviewing test scores. But I thought it was a go/no go test? I didn't get any results. Just a "qualified"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

And I am also a vet. Does ATT give preference for disabled vets? More than anything I am curious to see how I did on the mechanical test. So far I have not had to take any other test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mo in Prattville, Alabama

17 months ago

Not sure if they give veterans preference, but i saw the same job posting on military.com, saying that att wanted to hire vets for this position... I know they get a tax break on veterans...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Well thats a plus anyways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mo in Prattville, Alabama

17 months ago

Well, i passed my test. All it said is "qualified." There was about 20 other people taking the same test. I guess now the waiting game starts...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Got my call today. Interview tomorrow. I have to take the Premise Tech Assessmeng too.........is that a written or oral test? Also. On myjobpage. He only thing that changed was the date under test results. More to follow......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Interview went great. Submission status states waitimg hr review......I think I nailed it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

flipp in Calhoun, Georgia

16 months ago

23 1561 in Clarkston, Georgia said: Interview went great. Submission status states waitimg hr review......I think I nailed it

I applied about 6 months ago and just got a call for a interview in the morning, What is the pay scale like? I've heard this isn't the greatest job in the world, with the hours and the demands they put on you. I didn't care for the fact that I took the first test 5 months ago and they call with less than 24 hr notice for a interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mo in Covington, Georgia

16 months ago

I'm over it. That test was incredibly easy, i haven't gotten a call back. Their loss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alexa in Stockbridge, Georgia

16 months ago

flipp in Calhoun, Georgia said: I applied about 6 months ago and just got a call for a interview in the morning, What is the pay scale like? I've heard this isn't the greatest job in the world, with the hours and the demands they put on you. I didn't care for the fact that I took the first test 5 months ago and they call with less than 24 hr notice for a interview.

my boyfriend work there. he started at 13 a hour. its now i think 13.36 and hes been working there a year. they put him through a pole climbing class because they are making the techs do that also now. and he said top pay is 20$. but for someone that doesnt have a college education thats pretty good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

alexa in Stockbridge, Georgia

16 months ago

he is working alot though. i barley get to see him cuz he comes home and is tired. he works 7:30 till whenever the jobs are done . most days its 7-9:30 :( and he only has sundays off most days. his direct deposit doesnt work. banks are closed sundays and he gets off so late he can never even make it to the bank to put money in to pay bills.. ugh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

flipp in Calhoun, Georgia

16 months ago

alexa in Stockbridge, Georgia said: he is working alot though. i barley get to see him cuz he comes home and is tired. he works 7:30 till whenever the jobs are done . most days its 7-9:30 :( and he only has sundays off most days. his direct deposit doesnt work. banks are closed sundays and he gets off so late he can never even make it to the bank to put money in to pay bills.. ugh

Yea, I don't mind working 40 or even a little over that, but i've got a family that i like and a decent job now, I'm not looking for something that makes me live to work. so he's really gone over 12-14 hrs a day?

kryptonite in Pensacola, Florida

16 months ago

oK i'VE BEEN TOLD i'M GOING TO BE CONTACTED WITH A CONDITIONAL JOB OFFER FROM A PERSON WITH THE HIRING DEPARTMENT WITH ATT CONCERNING THE WIRE TECHNICIAN POSITION I APPLIED TO...MY ONLINE STATUS NOW SAYS .... THE HIRING DEPARTMENT IS REVIEWING YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS... HOWEVER THE HIRING DEPARTMENT LADY SAID SHECOULD NOT TELL ME WHEN I WOULD BE CALLED WITH THE JOB OFFER....WHERE AM I AT AS FAR AS MY STATUS GOES....ANY FEED BACK IS APPRECIATED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

I'm in the same boat right now I keep trying to call the hiring manager nobody will answer my phone calls I got the same status on my page he said it would be 3 weeks 2 weeks ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Well no call yet. Anyone else with any news?

16 months ago

recieved my conditional job offer March7th i believe it was... passed my physical , PAA yesterday and completed my drug test. I have been told my anticipated orientation date is in late March. I'm also undergoing my back ground check as well on day two of it..I have no felonies or misdemeanors... I should be good ..very excited

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

qball0902 in Plainfield, Illinois

16 months ago

ok after 11 years at at&t i was laid off. waited my 6 months and filled out app for prem tech in illinois and wire tech in new orleans. got called today for a RJP in new orleans. anyone know the difference between prem tech and wire tech? i know in the chicago area prem techs ran the xconnect, replaced drops and did all inside work. were not allowed to fix any cable problems though. i understand a wire tech only works on the nid and all inside work. anyone know if this is true? also how long is the wait for the job after the RJP? any and all help would be great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

March 7th I was made a conditional job offer,.. March 11, I did and passed my physical and PAA, took my drug test and submitted my background check info. I was told it takes 3-5 days for drug test results to be completed and Hire Right only asked me for one additional tax form...W2..submitted it on March 7, contacted Hire Right on live chat yesterday they told me that they had already completed their part of the background check....and that the rest is being done by ATT, Im hoping to finally get a call or email today with some good news since today would make day 5 since taking drug test and since submitting background check... I want to be able to rest assured that I have the Wire Technician job here in Pensacola. I too need this job very badly for my family.
Anyone with insight on this please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Well the same thing happened to me only I finally got ahold of someone yesterday only to have them say that the positions have been filled at this current time but as soon as they open up more I will be going to training. A buddy of mine that went to the same RJP was declined the job and got an email the following day stating so. I waited three weeks after they made me grt all my background check stuff in by Thursday of that week after RJP. So I waited and waited patiently until I finally I started calling every other day and leaving messages. It was two weeks of phone calls until yeaterday I find this out. I don't even know if I got the job or not. I never got an e-mail. Or a start date. So I am cranking out resumes in the meantime. It is kind of bs to be rushed to get this stuff done. Then been told it would be three weeks. Only to then be told that its on ATTs end now...I don't get it.

16 months ago

Yeah they have already made me a job offer and I start on March 29th contingent on my drug test and background check .......everything seems good on my bg check...just waiting on the Ofiicial Offer

16 months ago

Same thing happened to me...and now nobody knows. Was the offer verbal or written.

16 months ago

Verbal over the phone. They went over policies...requirements Start date training involved etc..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Verbal. Same as me. Until you get it in writing I wouldn't hold my breathe.

16 months ago

Have you completed your Drug test date, Physical and PAA??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Yes. Three weeks ago today.

16 months ago

Yeah my wait cant be to long..when they want me to start on March 29th...my AT&T recruiter just informed me that my background check is completed and in review...

16 months ago

They told me my start date wess today three weeks ago......

15 months ago

What is the difference between a Premises technician and a Wire Technician....I start my Orientation day at the end of this month on a Monday.....

15 months ago

Wire tech is what the union says it is now that they are union. Its just a classification thing. No difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vaughn4 in pace, Florida

15 months ago

kryptonite in Pensacola, Florida said: Yeah they have already made me a job offer and I start on March 29th contingent on my drug test and background check .......everything seems good on my bg check...just waiting on the Ofiicial Offer

I am in the same boat as you hope they call soon

15 months ago

Ok, I've been told by my AT&T Hire Right recruiter..that my BG check and drug test cleared...he went over starting pay and ending pay with me after topping out at end of two years...I told him I agreed on the starting pay...have to start some where..and the pay after 2 years is GOOD ! He reminded me that my orientation day is 3/29/13...and said he was going to forward everything to the HR with AT&T...he said everything should go over fine with AT&T so..its been a couple days or so and I sent the AT&T recruiter thru Hire Right an email just letting him know I was touching base w him to see if he had heard anything back....He had said he would contact me as soon as he gets the official from them....Ive read that AT&T emails, mails a packet out to new hires...if this is true...hoping to get mine soon ! Orientation day is getting closer and closer...If its my understanding the first week of training for Wire Technicians in my area is in Jackson,Mississippi....not sure if thats the poleclimbing or just what yet..

15 months ago

This is the most painful process I have ever been through. I got the call today giving me a start date. Only to be told he has to put together a packet of some sort and he would call me back. So once again I am waiting for a.phone call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

vaughn4 in pace, Florida

15 months ago

kryptonite in Pensacola, Florida said: Ok, I've been told by my AT&T Hire Right recruiter..that my BG check and drug test cleared...he went over starting pay and ending pay with me after topping out at end of two years...I told him I agreed on the starting pay...have to start some where..and the pay after 2 years is GOOD ! He reminded me that my orientation day is 3/29/13...and said he was going to forward everything to the HR with AT&T...he said everything should go over fine with AT&T so..its been a couple days or so and I sent the AT&T recruiter thru Hire Right an email just letting him know I was touching base w him to see if he had heard anything back....He had said he would contact me as soon as he gets the official from them....Ive read that AT&T emails, mails a packet out to new hires...if this is true...hoping to get mine soon ! Orientation day is getting closer and closer...If its my understanding the first week of training for Wire Technicians in my area is in Jackson,Mississippi....not sure if thats the poleclimbing or just what yet..

well good luck I am still waiting... mine says review in process still.
I thought I read you got a raise every six months like 40 cents
I hope there starting pay is in the double digits

vaughn4 in pace, Florida

15 months ago

23 1561 in Clarkston, Georgia said: This is the most painful process I have ever been through. I got the call today giving me a start date. Only to be told he has to put together a packet of some sort and he would call me back. So once again I am waiting for a.phone call.

Hopefully in the end it will be worth it good luck. I myself have lost 20 hours of work for this long process

15 months ago

Ya. Its like the army. Hurry up and wait.

jcaleb93 in Foley, Alabama

15 months ago

Just giving everyone A little information about what ive been going through. Most people here just applied and seem to think this is a fast process. This is not the case.
I first applied back in August of 2012. After taking the Mechanical Field Test. I waited and waited. Just two months ago I got the call for the RJP, and then 1 week later, i got the email saying I was qualified, and was one of the last contenders for the position. I got an email to call and discuss my conditional job offer, probably another week later. Took my drug test and filed my background check that day. Another week went by, nothing. Finally last week, they called and said my start date will be March 29th, as long as paperwork goes smoothly from here. I still have yet to get a solid number on pay, and still can not ask the recruiter any questions regarding the position, as those would be answered the day of orientation (March 29th).

15 months ago

ORIENTATION DAY FOR WIRE TECHNICIAN...ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE ORIENTATION DAY IS?? I KNOW I WILL BE RECEIVING MY UNIFORMS THAT DAY AND BE TOLD WHEN TO START MY TRAINING WITH THE OTHER NEW HIRES...JUST WONDERING HOW LONG ORIENTATION DAY IS ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Im not sure, usually according to where ive read in other forums, the orientation is a full 8hr day, and training starts the following monday... If you dont mind me asking, how much did they start you out at, and whats your experience. I could possibly start as early as this friday, but more than likely i will be having my orientation on March 17th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

My recruiter called earlier, I have orientation Friday, i expect further information on time and location later this week. Anyone else have orientation this day in Pensacola, Fl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

23 1561 in Clarkston, Georgia said: Wire tech is what the union says it is now that they are union. Its just a classification thing. No difference.

Not really true. The prem tech's used to not do pole climbing, and did not have to attend pole climbing schools. They used to have techs for wiring from poles to house and the prem techs just did application to in home installs. Now that these two positions are merging to keep from cut backs on prem tech's, they are giving the job title Wire Technician. Who will now be in charge of everything. In home installation, wiring from pole, ect... The wire techs now have to go through pole climbing school during training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

kryptonite in Pensacola, Florida said: ORIENTATION DAY FOR WIRE TECHNICIAN...ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THE ORIENTATION DAY IS?? I KNOW I WILL BE RECEIVING MY UNIFORMS THAT DAY AND BE TOLD WHEN TO START MY TRAINING WITH THE OTHER NEW HIRES...JUST WONDERING HOW LONG ORIENTATION DAY IS ??

We start training the monday after. I just spoke to my recruiter, who more than likely is the same as yours. I will be attending the Orientation tomorrow at 9:00am in Pensacola, Fl, and they will be giving uniforms, setting up direct deposit, and mainly the meeting with the Union is the big thing. We will get information on training, hotels, transportation, ect.. Frank did say that training will start Monday, and that it will be in Mississippi. I guess we'll find out.

vaughn4 in pace, Florida

15 months ago

I was getting worried but I got the call I go to the next available Orientation next month ) see you guys at work soon

15 months ago

Cool, it's probably going to be the 17th of April then. I had an option to wait until that one, but i was eager lol, so I took tomorrow

vaughn4 in pace, Florida

15 months ago

Yep the 17th thanks I was so excited I forgot the day he told me. He is going to call back ..said he is busy getting everyone setup for tomorrow. They had two problems with my work history that I got straight but I think it held me up from going tomorrow. said all the spots were full.

15 months ago

yea i badgered him for a week straight, and pushed my way into the 29th training lol. He's a cool guy. Did you have Frank as your recruiter?

Qball0902 in Plainfield, Illinois

15 months ago

Anybody start orientation April 19th?

Coltendf in Memphis, Tennessee

15 months ago

I can tell you that your best bet is to send an email to the one that is included in the pearson testing email. There is an email in there that says to contact if you already took the test etc.. Email them as that is what I did and have an interview being setup only two days after completing my test. Took test on 4-8 and got call today with interview on the 23rd. Fast turn a round.

23 1561 in Clarkston, Georgia said: Well. I applied for a local Wire Tech job. Took, and passed the aptitude test 2-5-13. Att.com says I am qualified as of 2-7-13. Anyone know what the next step is and how long it takes? I am in Knoxville and under the job opening. It says ongoing. What should I expect here? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Milton, Florida

15 months ago

vaughn4 in pace, Florida said: Yep the 17th thanks I was so excited I forgot the day he told me. He is going to call back ..said he is busy getting everyone setup for tomorrow. They had two problems with my work history that I got straight but I think it held me up from going tomorrow. said all the spots were full.

HI , I to have recently taken my drug test, physical and submitted for my background check. Last week to be exact. I was also given a conditional job offer contingent on the results above which everything is good . I was curious where everyone locally (I am in Pace fl) is being sent? My recruiter said its possible to be sent to ATL or MISSISSIPPI OR AL. Are y'all driving your own vehicles there or are you flying? If driving, what is the mileage compensation? Anyone know of upcoming training dates other than April 17th? Thanks for the feedback. This has been an extremely long process. I Org applied 9 months ago. Patience is def key.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.