Employment history, HireRight Question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

21 months ago

Hey, I'm going through the hiring process right now, passed the test, got call for the one on one interview. After reading the posts here I wanted to ask a question because I'm freaking out and I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown of potentially losing the opportunity to have a great career like this and get my life started.

On my résumé I listed my job history. One job I have been at going on 5 years and I'm still there waiting to give two weeks. Then only two insignificant other jobs when I was 18 about 6 years ago that I had a hard time remembering the exact dates of employment when applying for ATT. I know I am probably off by a few months but I only did so in the event they try and call for info on me, that they can for sure have the best chance of finding my file or however it works. I did not do this to be dishonest or inflate my insignificant unimportant part time jobs when I was 18 to better my chances of getting a job here, I honestly did not know the dates I'm drawing a blank.

My question is, since I have time before the hireright process happens, I want to try and hunt down previous employer information from the employers themselves as well as the IRS to get W2s so I can present the most HONEST dates possible beforehand. I would have done it before had I know how important this was. My question is, is it too late? If I confirm these dates and put them on the hireright report for their check, will they be put side by side with my original dates given on my résumé, branding me some sort of dishonest liar? Again, I'm talking about literally 2-3 months off. Is there even a form to enter the new dates for hireright, or will they just extract them from the original résumé I submitted before this whole hiring process? Should I edit my résumé once I confirm these dates and present it to them at the one on one interview and explain this to them beforehand and be as honest as possible? Or once again is it too late for ANY honest action on my part?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

21 months ago

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I hadn't found something related to my problem, only those that were afraid they submitted wrong info to HireRight. I'm asking a slightly different question/scenario, that involves my inquiry as to whether or not there is a SEPARATE FORM to re enter your résumé info for hireright to do their job, as well as other things listed above. Thank you to anyone that helps me in advance, I've been having the most scariest day of my life having this give me panic attacks and my family trying to calm me down that I am overreacting. I hope I can find the best approach to solve this issue and avoid losing my dream job of being a Prem Tech for ATT. This job will relocate me and my wife to better both of our lives infinitely. Reading a lot here has led me to understand there is a fine line between "be honest with us" and "be honest with us so we can weed you out of the pool of applicants ASAP." I am a very honest person and don't want to lie or even be THOUGHT that I'm lying. My criminal history is blank and so is my driving record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.