AT&T splicer technician hiring process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

Wahobit Jones in Monterey, California

21 months ago

Hello I had a few questions about the term splicing technician hiring process in California. I applied for 3 different cities on 2/7/13. On 2/21/13 I was invited to a test on 3/1/13. I passed the test and now I am just waiting for the next step. It has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any idea of the next process and possible timelines? Also any tips will be much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California

21 months ago

Wahobit Jones in Monterey, California said: Anyone?

I'm doing the hiring process in California as well, but for prem tech. The processes are very similar though. My app was selected and I was given the testing date of 3/7/13. I aced the test and a day later was given the invitation to have a RJP (one on one) on 3/12/13. I passed that with flying colors and was emailed a few days later letting me know that I had passed that part of the process, and that I will be placed into a pool of applicants for them to decide who is the most qualified. I eagerly check my email everyday but I understand these things take time. One of the supervisors at the RJP even said "sometimes the longer it takes, the better." Keep checking your email, that's all I can say and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Good for you man. I wonder if the rumors of a strike are slowing things down. AT&T has been working without a contract for 11 months now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Anyone else applying for term splicer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bethyv in Riverside, California

20 months ago

My husband applied for the term splice in riverside & tested 1week after applying. 3/27/13 his ex brother in law use to work for them and said it took them a month to get back to him but then he was working with a week. He was a term tech.

20 months ago

im curious if you've heard back yet?

Jrbury in Magalia, California

20 months ago

I tested on 3/1 in Oakland and still haven't heard anything. I contract for at&t now and the local guys haven't heard anything about when they'll hire for my area. I know they have extended offers though. My buddy tested the same day as I did for Monterey and he already has a start date of 5/27. They are hiring for areas that they have management in place I think so depending on what area you applied for it might happen tomorrow or six months from now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

So maybe no news is good news. My husband has applied with them before. This is the 1st time he's been able to test. The other times he's applied he's gotten an email stating that he was not chosen. Good luck to you. I'd love to hear if you do hear anything back from them.

19 months ago

I actually start this coming Friday. Jbury look for them hiring outside plant technicians first. After these guys get done with school they are then hiring the splicers to follow. It's a slow process and they do not contact you Inbetween the different steps. I start Friday and I haven't heard from them in weeks. It's a little concerning but non-the-less its a great job. Hang in there. Your number will be pulled.

19 months ago

Wahobit Jones in Monterey, California said: I actually start this coming Friday. Jbury look for them hiring outside plant technicians first. After these guys get done with school they are then hiring the splicers to follow. It's a slow process and they do not contact you Inbetween the different steps. I start Friday and I haven't heard from them in weeks. It's a little concerning but non-the-less its a great job. Hang in there. Your number will be pulled.

Say hi to my buddy John, he starts Friday too so you guys will be going through training together. Congrats

19 months ago

That's awesome. Gives me some hope that soon my husband will be getting the call for a start date.

19 months ago

Phil Anselmo in Hemet, California said: I'm doing the hiring process in California as well, but for prem tech. The processes are very similar though. My app was selected and I was given the testing date of 3/7/13. I aced the test and a day later was given the invitation to have a RJP (one on one) on 3/12/13. I passed that with flying colors and was emailed a few days later letting me know that I had passed that part of the process, and that I will be placed into a pool of applicants for them to decide who is the most qualified. I eagerly check my email everyday but I understand these things take time. One of the supervisors at the RJP even said "sometimes the longer it takes, the better." Keep checking your email, that's all I can say and good luck!

Have you head anything yet?

18 months ago

I got a call today. I am now in the background check portion of the hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

That's great!!!

Robert

18 months ago

Hello, I have a question about the AT&T hiring process. I applied for a splicing technician job in monterey around the end of February . Shortly after that I was asked to go to oakland for the test. I ended up passing the test but never heard back. I applied to another job posting on Sunday and received a call yesterday from one of the recruiters and he wanted to start the hiring process. But he then brought up the DUI I got in July of 2010. I was completely honest and told him it was a misdemeanor and ive already got my license back and havent had any incidents since. He said we could continue with the process but if the DUI showed up on my background check I would be disqualified or we could wait until August. Since the DUI will be three years old in August and he said they would contact me again. I guess my question is, should I really expect a call?

18 months ago

Monterey was hiring 8. They now have all 8. I wouldn't expect a call honestly. Cross your fingers but it sounds bad to me.

Robert

18 months ago

Ok he said that they were going to be hiring through October. And I actually think the area is del Rey oaks and salinas.

18 months ago

Wahobit Jones in Monterey, California said: Monterey was hiring 8. They now have all 8. I wouldn't expect a call honestly. Cross your fingers but it sounds bad to me.

How's the training so far? Are you training in Stockton?

Reno in Chico, California

18 months ago

I just applied last week and tested on Saturday in Sac. I passed the test now I wait. How long before they contact me? months? any guess?

18 months ago

Reno in Chico, California said: I just applied last week and tested on Saturday in Sac. I passed the test now I wait. How long before they contact me? months? any guess?

I tested on March 2nd and got an offer last week. They are starting the process for Chico now so you shouldn't have to wait near as long as I did. I would expect to hear something in the next month or two.

22AWG in La Veta, Colorado

17 months ago

I also applied for Splicing Tech in 3 cities on 2/7/13. I was a previous employee who left voluntarily and now work for another telco. I wasn't contacted to do any testing I assume because I already took the TAB-T in 1999. First thing I heard from them was on 6/24 when I was contacted for the background check. Then on 7/3 I was contacted with an appointment for a drug test, non-DOT physical, and lift test of 100lbs which I completed on 7/8. It was a slow process in '99 and it's slower this time around. AT&T is still a good company to work and I'm hoping to get back on. Plus I really love splicing. To me, it's an art.

17 months ago

I have my official offer. I start on 8/9, it was a long process but now it's finally over.

22AWG in Denver, Colorado

16 months ago

I still haven't heard anything. Did the drug test, physical, and lift test 5 weeks ago. School for my kids is starting soon. I was hoping to relocate before that happened.

16 months ago

22AWG in Denver, Colorado said: I still haven't heard anything. Did the drug test, physical, and lift test 5 weeks ago. School for my kids is starting soon. I was hoping to relocate before that happened.

What city did you get offered? I'm in training now I could ask around for you.

22AWG in La Veta, Colorado

16 months ago

Shoot they didn't even tell me which city, only that it was for Splicing Technician. I applied for Auburn/Rocklin, Santa Rosa, and Redding(too hot there, though).

myearajones@gmail.com in Los Alamitos, California

14 months ago

My boyfriend applied for a splicing position the 1st of October and they just now called him for the drug screen and background. The positions are in Tustin, CA and Gardena, CA.. does anyone have any insight on how long this may take for him to get an offer? Is there an interview? HE took the test, and has all the other things scheduled and though all the correspondence he has gotten acts like they want him to start, and the phone calls, he still has not interviewed. Any insight?

14 months ago

myearajones@gmail.com in Los Alamitos, California said: My boyfriend applied for a splicing position the 1st of October and they just now called him for the drug screen and background. The positions are in Tustin, CA and Gardena, CA.. does anyone have any insight on how long this may take for him to get an offer? Is there an interview? HE took the test, and has all the other things scheduled and though all the correspondence he has gotten acts like they want him to start, and the phone calls, he still has not interviewed. Any insight?

It took a month for me to go from the physical to an official offer. There was no interview so the next phone call he gets will be his offer. There is a training freeze in northern ca, I'm not sure about SoCal, but I assume it's the same so he might have to wait till the first of the year.

13 months ago

Thank you so much for the response. On the job description it does not tell you what the hours are or the pay. Can anyone shed some light on this? We suspected it was comparable to the prem tech position which he also applied for was not really interested in because he likes being outside and really working with is hands.

13 months ago

myearajones@gmail.com in Los Alamitos, California said: Thank you so much for the response. On the job description it does not tell you what the hours are or the pay. Can anyone shed some light on this? We suspected it was comparable to the prem tech position which he also applied for was not really interested in because he likes being outside and really working with is hands.

The pay is much better than prem tech, it ranges from 11 to 28 an hour depending on experience and there are raises every six months till you top out at 36. The shift is days, I work 7 to 3:30.

13 months ago

Oh ok are you sure because the pay amounts I got for Prem Tech were $863.50-1081 per week which would definitely be higher than $11-$28 an hour. That would start at $21.58 and up for Prem Tech. We just want to make sure we are making the right decision in positions because he applied for both and did the Mech Test for Prem Tech, whichis also the one used in Splicing, but was sent for the drug and background for Splicing. If it is more beneficial for him to do Prem Tech then that's what he will wait for lol

DAmbe in Vallejo, California

13 months ago

My husband's AT&T Timeline

9/28 - applied
10/2 - test in Oakland
10/12 - RJP & Interview in Sacramento
10/28 - Call from Hireright to begin background
10/29 - Drug test & Physical
11/6 - Background completed

Now just playing the waiting game for an official offer. Hope it happens soon!

13 months ago

myearajones@gmail.com in Los Alamitos, California said: Oh ok are you sure because the pay amounts I got for Prem Tech were $863.50-1081 per week which would definitely be higher than $11-$28 an hour. That would start at $21.58 and up for Prem Tech. We just want to make sure we are making the right decision in positions because he applied for both and did the Mech Test for Prem Tech, whichis also the one used in Splicing, but was sent for the drug and background for Splicing. If it is more beneficial for him to do Prem Tech then that's what he will wait for lol

I think the pay is based on the location where he will be working.

Myearajones in Cerritos, California

13 months ago

DAmbe in Vallejo, California said: I think the pay is based on the location where he will be working.

Thanks for all the info but he got the job..he started on Friday November 8th..good luck to your husband!

13 months ago

My husband starts the 27th !

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.