Hiring process issues ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Cdpatton in Villa Rica, Georgia

20 months ago

My husband has passed the test, had the "realistic job interview", and just today got called for his physical and BG check. When he went to get his physical, the dr running it said he had an irregular heartbeat and needed to see a doctor who could confirm he could perform the test of lifting 80 lbs. now we have to take him to a doctor to get checked it and have them write a letter saying my husband can finish his physical. This all has to be done within 5 days. I have been reading on here the horror stories about HireRight and getting previous employement history. His family has owned two different small businesses, one of which he owns, and they pay cash. Now I'm afraid he won't get the job because of the physical and being unable to verify employment because there are no w2s for his family's businesses. Anyone have any expirence with these issues?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cdpatton in Villa Rica, Georgia

20 months ago

This was for a wire tech position btw

Bluetea in Texas

20 months ago

Cdpatton in Villa Rica, Georgia said: My husband has passed the test, had the "realistic job interview", and just today got called for his physical and BG check. When he went to get his physical, the dr running it said he had an irregular heartbeat and needed to see a doctor who could confirm he could perform the test of lifting 80 lbs. now we have to take him to a doctor to get checked it and have them write a letter saying my husband can finish his physical. This all has to be done within 5 days. I have been reading on here the horror stories about HireRight and getting previous employement history. His family has owned two different small businesses, one of which he owns, and they pay cash. Now I'm afraid he won't get the job because of the physical and being unable to verify employment because there are no w2s for his family's businesses. Anyone have any expirence with these issues?

Could be tricky. In this day and age and with companies outsourcing employment and all.

My sister once had to "prove" that she once worked for a bank that went belly up. Both of us have all our paystubs going back ten years. That's how things are today.

Positronic in Biloxi, Mississippi

20 months ago

I was in the same boat as your husband up until this afternoon as a matter of fact. I took the aptitude test, went to the Real Job Preview, and then went and took my physical and drug test and passed them all. However, when I did my background check that HireRight submitted to me through my email, I started having issues with them.

I did work for myself up until the end of last year as a PC repair man, and was paid on a job-to-job basis in cash as well. On top of that, I had a work study program that I worked while I was in college that was at the Department of Veterans Affairs, which was non-taxable income for me. So for both, I wasn't required to file taxes and as such, had no W2's, 1099's, etc.

On top of those issues, I wasn't aware how through HireRight was in their check. I only listed relevant experience to the Wire Technician job I applied for on my background check. I didn't know they'd find all these other jobs and whatnot. Anyhow, I called multiple times and of course, got some outsourced person overseas who I couldn't understand and who didn't understand what I wanted done. I literally had to talk to them like they were a child and repeat things slowly, over and over and over again to get my point through.

The issue I had was getting them to understand that I didn't have W2's for my self-employment and VA experience. They kept saying they'd make note of it, but every time I checked my account on their website, it was still there. However, today I got a call from another individual working with AT&T and he told me that HireRight had, in his own words, "thrown their hands up and given up" trying to find anything on my Self-employment and VA work experience. No kidding! I tried to tell them that.

Good news is, I worked through it on the phone with him and he said he didn't think it would be an issue and anticipated me getting an offer before next Friday. CONTD BELOW

20 months ago

The best advice I can give you and your husband is to just be completely honest on the background check and list everything you can think of on there. They will probably want more information from you, so work with them to the best of your ability and hopefully if they can't resolve it themselves, they'll forward it onto an American to take care of at AT&T like they did for me.

As far as the doctor stuff, as long as he can get a note, it shouldn't be much of a problem. The physical test is very easy and as long as he is under 275lbs, he'll meet the weight limit as well. Hope this helps.

20 months ago

It didn't post my last reply, so in short: keep working with them and you should get it figured out. Make sure you give HireRight whatever they're needing and if they can't get it, they should be able to forward it on to someone else like they did for me.

As far as the medical stuff goes, the physical is real easy and your husband should be able to pass it easily as long as he gets that note allowing him to take it. Hope everything works out for you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.