6 months to reapply?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Sasha_in_Virginia in Richlands, Virginia

78 months ago

Hello! =)

I applied for a Customer Care position in an AT&T Call Center. I was called in for an appointment to take the Simulation. I passed, and was then scheduled for an interview the following week.

Though I had a horrible cold the day of the interview, I thought it went rather well. She informed me that she would likely have a decision the following week.

I received an email from the AT&T National Recruitment Center, informing me that I was not selected at this time.

I, figuring my bad cold may have been what stood in between me and my hopeful position, thought I should reapply, since the position is still open. However, I was informed by the Customer Service Representative I spoke to on the Recruitment toll free number, that if I was not selected, I will have to wait six months before I am eligible to reapply!! Is this typical?

This was very disappointing news for me, as I was so hopeful that I would get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Schaumburg, Illinois

76 months ago

Hello Sasha -

I too passed all the tests and interviewed for the position of Customer Service - They told me 1-3 days notice about the job - I was 1 hour early and the interviewer was 45 minutes late. I dressed professionally and sported my organized binder - Everyone at the call center was very friendly and they all seemed to know my name. I was very impressed (Maybe they though I was a manager)- The interviewer asked very basic questions and the final question was to sell DSL service to a customer calling in about their bill - I was successful at the sale.

At the end of the interview I was asked if I had any questions - I hate that I usually don't know what to say - She looked at me and smiled - I asked a few questions. I left very upbeat and qualified. I feel I did all things correct. Answering the questions with regards to keep the customer number one.

Day 1 - Nothing
Day 2 - Nothing

I have sent 2 emails of Thank You's - still nothing

I REALLY NEED THIS JOB - Im sure we all do, especially ATT -

I havent has a solid job in 3-4 months - I sell insurance at 100 % commission - This would be a miracle - We have no benefits and I have 3 children - If I could of kissed this ladies feet I would of.

The environment was very laid back - Very not like the ATT decriptions I was given. I thought everyone would be in suits and ties - Not here - casual (shorts - jeans - hats)

I looked at the employees and thought,

"What do they have that I don't"
"How did they get hired"

I have 10 plus years of sales experience - I was a mentor trainor for MBNA - I have a degree, I'm very articulate I am praying that they will hire me.

It was UNION with awesome beny's

Please respond to dhayes70@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jflack in Olathe, Kansas

76 months ago

I don't want to make this all about individual experiences with at&t because I know that doesn't address the original post but my experience with at&t hiring process has been great so far. I filled something out online, about a day or two later I received an email asking me to come in for testing. I scheduled for my testing to be done yesterday, I took 2 tests and passed them both, set up an iview that I just had today and it went the same way as Sasha's. After that though the manager asked me to come upstairs and shadow with a rep to see what a day in the life is like...I don't know if this is common. I was told I should receive a call within the next week from HR. I still do not know about payscale and comp plans b/c she said that is HR stuff when I asked. However after reading things on here it looks like it ranges from 12-15/hr plus bonus. I was not told about unions, and benefits don't kick in for 6 months. The position is a sales rep, and my contract would be for 36 months. The main con is it is onlu June 10th and their next training class doesn't start until July 28th.

Going back to the poster's question...I don't know how typical it is industry wise but the 6 month rule applied to people who did not pass their tests either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Schaumburg, Illinois

76 months ago

Thats good to know - I interviewed 3 business days ago and have not heard anything - Did you drull them to death with questions when they asked do you have anything to say. I hate that question because I dont know what to say. I thionk the interview went great I was 1 hr early and the manager was 45 min late - Hopefully I get the job I haven work for a few months - My trade is insurance sales and those jobs are all commission - Im waiting and waiting for the call

jflack in Olathe, Kansas

76 months ago

Whoops, meant my experience was the same way as yours David in my previous post down to selling the DSL package to the interviewer. I haven't worked for a week, I was thinking about taking the plunge and doing a commission only type job as a financial advisor or something of that nature.

I didn't ask very many Q's. I asked if they were concerned with an outsourcing trend, how long my term was for, benefits, when training started, payscale and comp plans.

From reading on here the past couple of nights, the trend seems to go the same way we had it and if people get as far as we did they either get called right away or still haven't heard anything weeks down the line. If that happens to me, I know where their office is, I'll just stop by as opposed to calling to follow up :)

ednasilem in Nowhere, Alabama

76 months ago

I didn't ask many questions and I was hired. David, AT&T can be a little slow about responding sometimes, hang in there. :)

Mesha83 in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

I applied online also and was sent an email to take the customer facing profile test which I passed. I was told to email the recruiter back to let her know that I had taken the test and I did that. I have not heard from anyone since then. Is there anyway that I can contact somebody or check on the status of my application?

dburc in Knoxville, Tennessee

76 months ago

I have worked for bellsouth(now att) for 10 years. It is standard practice for the company to require a 6 month wait if you fail a qualification test. It's not uncommon, you're not being signled out, it's how the company conducts business. And it's effective. Keep in mind also that after 6 months you go back and retest, if you fail it a second time you have to wait a year to retest. It's that way for ppl trying to hire in and employees trying to move to a diff. job.

david in Wayne, Illinois

76 months ago

Does anyone know someone working at the Arlington Heights, IL location -

When does the next training class start - End of July or is it June 23rd

I interviewed and was told I would be contacted in 1-3 business days - I interviewed On 6/5 - that was 12 days ago !!!!

Who do I contact to speed up the process - I need to start work ( 3 kids, mortgage, etc)

Since this is union am I put on a list with 10,000 other people and they will get to me in 2010.

72 months ago

Hi David!

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I just wanted to say that I hope it worked out for you! I know it's hard when you are out of work.

It's been 6 months. I waited until 6 months on the day (Sept 13) and re-applied. They had me come in for testing. This time was a little different. They said we will all receive an email in 24-72 hours telling us whether we passed, and offer an interview if we pass. Last time they let us know and scheduled an interview right after taking the CSR simulation/test. So... I'm hoping!

Again, hope it worked out for you. Best wishes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

jflack - Seen your post. Hope you got the job you were going for!

You mentioned that you noticed the pay scale seemed to be $12-15/Hour. Is that for Customer Service Rep? I know the CSP position here in VA (Lebanon, VA) pays $9.25 an hour.

Anyway, hope all worked out for ya! I'm still trying! =)

72 months ago

Hi deburc,

I just seen your posting. Haven't been back here for awhile! lol

Anyhow.. No, I passed the test. It was the CSR Simulation test, and he said I passed and did very well. I then went to the interview, and did not get the job. Which, in my opinion, was probably because I went in to the interview very sick (BAD sinus/cold), and wasn't able to present myself as well as I normally would. I tried hard, but I want coughing, sneezing and...it wasn't easy! lol

So.. Trying again, hoping to get an interview, and try again! =)

Sydney Bolling in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

Sasha_in_Virginia in Richlands, Virginia said: Hello! =)

I applied for a Customer Care position in an AT&T Call Center. I was called in for an appointment to take the Simulation. I passed, and was then scheduled for an interview the following week.

Though I had a horrible cold the day of the interview, I thought it went rather well. She informed me that she would likely have a decision the following week.

I received an email from the AT&T National Recruitment Center, informing me that I was not selected at this time.

I, figuring my bad cold may have been what stood in between me and my hopeful position, thought I should reapply, since the position is still open. However, I was informed by the Customer Service Representative I spoke to on the Recruitment toll free number, that if I was not selected, I will have to wait six months before I am eligible to reapply!! Is this typical?

This was very disappointing news for me, as I was so hopeful that I would get the job.

Sasha;

If AT&T is anything like BellSouth ( sike, haha I know it is) it may truly take a moment to be recognized by the right individual.
I had taken a total of six tests for BellSouth back in Feb 98 in one grueling 8 hr session and I was never called. A co-worker of mine took the same tests in Nov 98 and came back the next day with an offer for the job and put in his two weeks notice.
His secret? He went through a recruiter.
Long story short? I contacted the same recruiter, faxed over my test results and interviewed the next day and got an offer the day after that. I stared my job 2 weeks later.
If you still have not been picked up, do yourself a favor RIGHT NOW and google AT&T Recruiters in your area and contact one?I would be leery of dealing with a recruiter that may ask for compensation from you as they are already paid through the company.

Good Luck.

Sydney Bolling in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

P.S. Sasha;

The Only question I ask of an interviewer is straight and to the point..."When do I Start?"
I guess it shows confidence.

Desiree Wright in Salem, Ohio

63 months ago

What exactly is the simulation for the call center representative position? I am scheduled to complete it on the 15th and I've heard if you pass it, you get called back for a one on one interview.

arthyrossy in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

19 months ago

Hi,

Just like to ask about my job application at at&t

Ive been interviewed last tuesday and I think it went well
At the end the team manager showed me around the call center environment
Even the pantry area( ate they doing this to all the applicants).
2days had passed and I didn't hear anything from them. I'm kinda need
This job and I want this job I already sent a thank you letter right when i got home
Last tuesday and called the hiring manager this afternoon but I can't reached her and
I was always directed to voice mail.

Is that mean that I don't get the job?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.