Entry Level Consulting with Accenture

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (31)

Liz Kline in Seattle, Washington

56 months ago

By the way, I am a new college graduate. All I have under my belt are a couple of internships and a minimum wage job I held in high school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kit-Cat in Bellevue, Washington

55 months ago

Based on my experience, the first interview is a screening interview, whereas the interviewer will go through your resume and ask in depth about your experiences. They will also go in depth about why you want to work at Accenture and what you know about the company. As for the second round of interviews, I'm not sure quite sure in your case - but from my experience, they had bought a number of people into the Seattle office for positions in various locations. If you do have to fly out for the interview process, Accenture will pay for your hotel and flight, as well as any other small expenses you incur (parking, etc). As for relocation, yes, Accenture pays for relocation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Cathedral City, California

55 months ago

After submitting your application, how long did you have to wait until you were contacted for a 1st Interview? I had applied to work for Accenture as an Entry Level Consultant. A day after submitting my application, I went to go check on my application status. I think there must have been a glitch with Accenture's system because I was able to see (when I clicked on my application status) that one my applications was selected for a 1st Interview (the other 4 were rejected). However, after 2 weeks, I still haven't heard back from a recruiter to set up an interview. When I contacted HR, they told me that since the recruitment process is decentralized, they weren't able to help me. So, if I was indeed selected for a 1st Round interview, when should I expect to hear from a recruiter. I know in Canada, applicants are not notified until 2 weeks AFTER the job's closing date. Does the same rule apply for Accenture in the US?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Miss_Consultant in Georgia

55 months ago

I applied to Accenture on 12/11/09 & was contacted on 12/15/09. I have had 2 inteviews so far, the initial phone screen with HR & a situational interview. I was contacted by my recruiter & advised that she'd be scheduling the 3rd interview - a skills interview. I gave her my availability dates, but haven't heard back from her.

I have been asked about relocation & am willing to relocate, but I have tons of questions about relocation & how/if relocation expenses are paid. Also does anyone know if cost of living is considered when Accenture makes a salary offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

yes relocation is covered. they make that perfectly clear when the recruiter contacts you.

Miss_Consultant in Georgia said: I applied to Accenture on 12/11/09 & was contacted on 12/15/09. I have had 2 inteviews so far, the initial phone screen with HR & a situational interview. I was contacted by my recruiter & advised that she'd be scheduling the 3rd interview - a skills interview. I gave her my availability dates, but haven't heard back from her.

I have been asked about relocation & am willing to relocate, but I have tons of questions about relocation & how/if relocation expenses are paid. Also does anyone know if cost of living is considered when Accenture makes a salary offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Although, how did you already get an interview?? Accenture contacted me and told me that interviews (for this position) starts in February/March?

Miss_Consultant in Georgia said: I applied to Accenture on 12/11/09 & was contacted on 12/15/09. I have had 2 inteviews so far, the initial phone screen with HR & a situational interview. I was contacted by my recruiter & advised that she'd be scheduling the 3rd interview - a skills interview. I gave her my availability dates, but haven't heard back from her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Elizabeth in Cathedral City, California said: yes relocation is covered. they make that perfectly clear when the recruiter contacts you.

They actually didn't make that perfectly clear when I first talked with my recruiter. Relocation was just discussed a few days ago & she asked if I would consider relocation - I said yes, but have emailed her several questions regarding relocation, fees, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Miss_Consultant in Georgia said: They actually didn't make that perfectly clear when I first talked with my recruiter. Relocation was just discussed a few days ago & she asked if I would consider relocation - I said yes, but have emailed her several questions regarding relocation, fees, etc.

I should have indicated in my post that I did not apply for the Entry Level Consulting position. I applied for another consulting position - I am an experience hire; I have several years of consulting/industry experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Elizabeth in Cathedral City, California said: Although, how did you already get an interview?? Accenture contacted me and told me that interviews (for this position) starts in February/March?

I should have indicated in my post that I did not apply for the Entry Level Consulting position. I applied for another consulting position - I am an experience hire; I have several years of consulting/industry experience. (Replied to the wrong comment above)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Miss_Consultant in Georgia said: I should have indicated in my post that I did not apply for the Entry Level Consulting position. I applied for another consulting position - I am an experience hire; I have several years of consulting/industry experience. (Replied to the wrong comment above)

then too bad for you. Ive talked to 2 different recruiters ( I appliedfor two diff positions) and BOTH assured me that relocation would be paid for.

55 months ago

By the way, when i said "too bad for you"i dont mean that in a snarky way. I meant that is really unfortunate that the recruiter didn't make this clear right off the bat. I understand not addressing it the first interview but by the second, someone should have really addressed it. Esp since it only makes sense that it would be a concern since you have to move. Since you are experienced, and Accenture is one of the best, perhaps they assumed that it was common knowledge that relocation is paid for? Oh well, now you know...good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Elizabeth in Cathedral City, California said: By the way, when i said "too bad for you"i dont mean that in a snarky way. I meant that is really unfortunate that the recruiter didn't make this clear right off the bat. I understand not addressing it the first interview but by the second, someone should have really addressed it. Esp since it only makes sense that it would be a concern since you have to move. Since you are experienced, and Accenture is one of the best, perhaps they assumed that it was common knowledge that relocation is paid for? Oh well, now you know...good luck.

No offense taken! :) I wasn't asked to move when I started working at my first consulting company, so this is a bit of new territory for me. I'm just ready for my last interview & hopefully starting a new job. I love my current job & consulting, but I see no growth opportunities.

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we'll both be offered a position & one day we'll meet! :) I'll let you know how it goes!

Douglas in New York in New York, New York

55 months ago

Elizabeth in Cathedral City, California said: After submitting your application, how long did you have to wait until you were contacted for a 1st Interview? I had applied to work for Accenture as an Entry Level Consultant. A day after submitting my application, I went to go check on my application status. I think there must have been a glitch with Accenture's system because I was able to see (when I clicked on my application status) that one my applications was selected for a 1st Interview (the other 4 were rejected). However, after 2 weeks, I still haven't heard back from a recruiter to set up an interview. When I contacted HR, they told me that since the recruitment process is decentralized, they weren't able to help me. So, if I was indeed selected for a 1st Round interview, when should I expect to hear from a recruiter. I know in Canada, applicants are not notified until 2 weeks AFTER the job's closing date. Does the same rule apply for Accenture in the US?

Elizabeth,

I am also applied for an entry level consulting position (and noticed a few weeks back that my account also said 1st interview). I, too, contacted Accenture HR and they told me the same thing: recruiting is decentralized therefore they cannot help me.

Who from HR contacted you? I am really interested in a career at Accenture and really wish someone contacted me.

Unfortunately, I applied all the way back in early November, so I think my chances are pretty slim now.

elizabethY in California

55 months ago

someone from recruiting. I have her number to but unfortunately I'm not giving you that info because I dont want to screw up my chances of getting hired. If they want you, they will contact you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

elizabethY in California

55 months ago

Miss_Consultant in Georgia said:

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we'll both be offered a position & one day we'll meet! :) I'll let you know how it goes!

thanks, I'll do the same! It would be great if we both got hired..it would be nice to have an Accenture friend the very first day:) Then it won't seem so scary. It is for me because this whole consulting thing is very new to me.

elizabethY in California

55 months ago

Douglas in New York in New York, New York said:

Unfortunately, I applied all the way back in early November, so I think my chances are pretty slim now.

dont give up, dear. To be truthful, the recruiter contacted me for a different location. I still haven't heard from the location where I supposedly got the "1st interview." I guess some locations are just slower to get back to us applicants. I wouldn't think you were out of the running unless you were specifically told you were rejected.

BDevas920 in Rego Park, New York

54 months ago

Douglas in New York in New York, New York said: Elizabeth,

I am also applied for an entry level consulting position (and noticed a few weeks back that my account also said 1st interview). I, too, contacted Accenture HR and they told me the same thing: recruiting is decentralized therefore they cannot help me.

Who from HR contacted you? I am really interested in a career at Accenture and really wish someone contacted me.

When you say you saw your account said "1st Interview", do you mean on Accenture's application site (tas-accenture.taleo.net/careersection/10003/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en)?

Also, I was wondering if you could tell me which position you applied to.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Elizabeth in Cathedral City, California said: After submitting your application, how long did you have to wait until you were contacted for a 1st Interview? I had applied to work for Accenture as an Entry Level Consultant. A day after submitting my application, I went to go check on my application status. I think there must have been a glitch with Accenture's system because I was able to see (when I clicked on my application status) that one my applications was selected for a 1st Interview (the other 4 were rejected). However, after 2 weeks, I still haven't heard back from a recruiter to set up an interview. When I contacted HR, they told me that since the recruitment process is decentralized, they weren't able to help me. So, if I was indeed selected for a 1st Round interview, when should I expect to hear from a recruiter. I know in Canada, applicants are not notified until 2 weeks AFTER the job's closing date. Does the same rule apply for Accenture in the US?

I was wondering if you could tell me how exactly you saw that you were selected for a first interview. Was it on Accenture's application site under "Completed Submissions?"

Liz Kline in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

BDevas920 in Rego Park, New York said: I was wondering if you could tell me how exactly you saw that you were selected for a first interview. Was it on Accenture's application site under "Completed Submissions?"

yes, that is how i saw that I was selected to interview as well. I think Accenture disabled that option, though..

elizabethY in California

54 months ago

BDevas920 in Rego Park, New York said: When you say you saw your account said "1st Interview", do you mean on Accenture's application site ( tas-accenture.taleo.net/careersection/10003/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en )?

Also, I was wondering if you could tell me which position you applied to.

Thanks

sure and while I am at it, I will also give you my credit card number and SSN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

elizabethY in California

54 months ago

BDevas920 in Rego Park, New York said: I was wondering if you could tell me how exactly you saw that you were selected for a first interview. Was it on Accenture's application site under "Completed Submissions?"

ok, clearly this thread is entitle Entry Level Consulting to obviously, that is the position being discussed. Also, follow the thread..its not that long!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

elizabethY in California said: ok, clearly this thread is entitle Entry Level Consulting to obviously, that is the position being discussed. Also, follow the thread..its not that long!

Entry-level consulting can mean entry-level management consulting, entry-level technology consulting etc.

And, I don't want your SS #.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

hmuhek in North Tonawanda, New York

54 months ago

Hi everyone!

I am an MBA student in the first year of Strategic Management program and I am very interested in the consulting industry. I would like to apply for an internship this summer so I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on which companies might have good internship opportunities coming up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

elizabethY in California

54 months ago

BDevas920 in Rego Park, New York said: Entry-level consulting can mean entry-level management consulting, entry-level technology consulting etc.

And, I don't want your SS #.

Thanks.

just an FYI: this thread is called "Entry Level Consulting." You are right, BDevas, those are three distinct job titles. This thread discusses Entry Level Consulting NOT entry-level management consulting or entry-level technology consulting =)
hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

elizabethY in California

54 months ago

So you are not confused, we are discussing Entry Level Consulting as in the Entry Level Consulting Analyst position. BBDevas, you ask a lot of questions that would be easily answered if you just took the time to actually VISIT Accenture's site....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

elizabethY in California

53 months ago

BDevas920 in Rego Park, New York said: Nope.

if you're an indicator of the competition, this is going to be a cakewalk...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

xxBexx in west chester, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

have you all been contacted to interview yet?

Maria Lerma in Washington, District of Columbia

53 months ago

I just applied on the website for one of the entry level positions. did you get an offer yet? i am just curious when they are going to close positions on the website.

Maria Lerma in Washington, District of Columbia

53 months ago

Where you hire yet? are you still waiting for the final call? i just applied to a entry level position and I wonder how long in going to take??

customer service manager in confidential

51 months ago

hrm. are entry level consulting jobs only for fresh out of college kids? just curious about this industry.

ravi in Atlanta, Georgia

39 months ago

I applied for entry level consulting job at accenture many times... but did not hear anything from them... any tips to get an interview from them?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.