adecco/magic workforce

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

aria in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

I've never been this confused in my life. Couple weeks ago i applied online for a position as a retail sales rep. I immediately get a phone call from a recruiter about my application who informs me that i do not qualify for that position, but I do qualify for customer support rep. So i say, ok i'll take that. and she proceeds to asks me questions over the phone. I pass that, is informed that there will be a second phone interview by HR. I get the call but then HR tells me that I already had my interview and I pass. Well thats swell. So i am scheduled for a face to face interview with 2 store managers. I go to that and get interviewed by the store manager (the other manager was busy) and that's that. A week and a half later i get a phone call from a woman who says that i got a job at verizon wireless as a greeter at another store. I quickly accepted because any job is better than no job right? and she emails me an application. turns out its an application for the job thru adecco. so after some soul searching, i figure again any job at the moment is better than none at all. so i go with it, and go to the office in person to fill out the paperwork. I asked the rep if she had any more information specifically for this position. She starts me on the forms first and makes some calls to inquire about it. THEN she comes back and tells me to stop filling out the forms because the employer (verizon wireless) actually wants me as eventually as permanent hire. well thats good news i say. but she said that it meant that I would have to go thru another dept/company magic workforce. and to expect a call from them. alright that sounds ok. so i do get a call. and again i ask for more details about the position. it seems this rep knows even less than the one at adecco. the only thing she knows is the pay rate. both reps at magic workforce and adecco say that i should know the job details already from whoever i came in contact with at verizon. Well, considering i

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

interviewed with a store manager of another store for a different position all together, i dont have the necessary details. So who the heck is there to ask??? So know im thinking I should just call the store manager of the greeter position that I will be getting thru magic workforce. IF thats the store location that im supposed to be going to in the first place.

to be more specific, neither the adecco rep or the magic workforce rep have anymore details beyond "greeter," payrate and company name. not even the location though when i first got the call from the adecco employee she mentioned it briefly but when i ask her again to confirm she says she doesnt remember. the heck.

what_is_this_world_coming_to in Midwest

50 months ago

Hey, I work through Adecco at a company and usually you need to get placed at a job and work for a couple months and then the company can pick you up as a perm employee. There is no way Adecco's going to let you go apply to the company and get a perm job without their cut.

My advice is to keep looking. It sounds as if they all don't know what is going on and you don't want to get into that kind of mess........like if you get hired, will you get paid? Who will pay you? Etc. It just gives me bad vibes for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

The thing is they keep telling me is that adecco and magic workforce are two different companies. the rep at adecco actually told me that because I will eventually be a perm employee is the reason they shipped me off to magic workforce, so verizon would not have to pay any fees to adecco for hiring me as perm later on.

so officially im actually with magic workforce and not adecco, even tho i was first contacted by adecco. i really need to get in contact with the person at verizon who is hiring me to get any kind of straight information.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.