Some Good Advice for a Lousy Industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 110)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Michael Ladd in Franklin, Tennessee

94 months ago

Wow Burt I could of not said it better and these companies need to be regulated.

I used to be a recruiter at a very good company and there very few and far in between to find. Most people in the industries are like said horriable. The industry is in a mess and we need to clean it up. You gave some very good sounding advice.

Whoever burt is he hit right on target what he said. Ifg you do what just said you get hired if you have skills and experience.

Michael
Nashville, TN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

I just read your message on adecco/manpower and most of these firms are horrible and I wouldn't reccommend only if you are desperate and need a job badly or whatever.

I was recruiter for a great excutive search firm and we did great then was bought out.

I moved and had a very hard time finding a good recruiting job becuse most of the firms and people are are rude, cluelessly in the business and hire mostly people who are desperate.

Only way to get a job is the old fashion way by networking. This industry needs to be regulated.

Why people use these firm I don't know but if until you find a good job that ok but I would find a real asap. Once in blue moon you might get lucky and find a good job out of them and the pay is right.

It's sad what the corporate business world is becoming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

Michael -

So lets network! If your still looking for a position; I know I am; contact me at jalojor@hotmail; perhaps we can help each other....I am heavily networked....
Jay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Minneapolis Client in Osseo, Minnesota

94 months ago

I have an appointment with somebody from Addeco tomorrow. It's supposed to be 3-1/2 hours long. Are you recommending to cancel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Burt in Newark, New Jersey

94 months ago

Minneapolis Client said: I have an appointment with somebody from Addeco tomorrow. It's supposed to be 3-1/2 hours long. Are you recommending to cancel?

CANCEL and RUN LIKE HELL. They are in most likelihood going to waste your time. No interview should go that long unless you are interviewing as a partner for a law firm or CEO for some company.

Unless you know for sure that you are not getting your leg pulled (and how could you) I would seriously reconsider. If it is for Roche in Branchburg I would kill the deal, but that is just my opinion.

One way I found to maximize my chances at landing a gig is to insist that you are the last person to be interviewed. This way you are the freshest face in the crowd and you show that you are in control and not one to be toyed with. It has worked very well for me, you need to evaluate your situation and make the decision that is right for you.

Hope this helps....

PS... I will be starting a blog or possibly a web site very soon which will be aimed at passing on some of my experiences and lessons learned over the past 10 years and encouraging feedback from people such as yourself. I will post the info here as soon as it becomes available and would appreciate it if you would spread the word if you think my advice and insight has been helpful. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

I recently completed a short assignment at Microsoft in Washington state where interview lengths are legendary. In most cases, an all day affair. These interviews are for highly technical positions, very structured and in depth. My suggestion, if you haven't already left for your interview is to call the contact at Adecco and kindly request of them to either tell you the interview schedule or better yet have them email it to you, under the guise of you wanting to be adequately prepared for the managers you will be meeting with. If they don't respond in kind, I would be highly suspect; unless you are interviewing for a CTO or CFO position or other C-level position, I wouldn't waste my time further.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Ladd in Nashville, Tennessee

94 months ago

My advice is if your desperate and can't find any work beside a temp service you have nothing to loose but make sure the pay is right and the job discription. Most these firm are mostly for the company doing the hiring and not the temp.

I used to to be a top recruiter. So becareful and if hired take one day at a time.

Michael Ladd

PJ

94 months ago

Burt said:
CANCEL and RUN LIKE HELL. They are in most likelihood going to waste your time. No interview should go that long unless you are interviewing as a partner for a law firm or CEO for some company.
Unless you know for sure that you are not getting your leg pulled (and how could you) I would seriously reconsider. If it is for Roche in Branchburg I would kill the deal, but that is just my opinion.
One way I found to maximize my chances at landing a gig is to insist that you are the last person to be interviewed. This way you are the freshest face in the crowd and you show that you are in control and not one to be toyed with. It has worked very well for me, you need to evaluate your situation and make the decision that is right for you.
Hope this helps....
PS... I will be starting a blog or possibly a web site very soon which will be aimed at passing on some of my experiences and lessons learned over the past 10 years and encouraging feedback from people such as yourself. I will post the info here as soon as it becomes available and would appreciate it if you would spread the word if you think my advice and insight has been helpful. Good Luck!
****************** Also is there a way we unemployed workers looking and looking and not being successful can come together and put some pressure on the corporations.. for example... we need to say no to the agencies.... in that way the companies will not have the luxary of 10 individuals fighting for one position and will post jobs in a better manner rather than outsourcing it to these agency animals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

wow you hit on the nail and also is it hard to make a blog??? I am good in computers and graphic design. I like to have one to put to good use like you want too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJ

94 months ago

I have to say that all the agencies are the same... Excel Partners sent me on an assignment that they indicated was temp to perm... to cut a long story short I had a pre-engaged interview for the day I was scheduled to start that assignment.... I notified Excel and they indicated that the client will be upset... mind you it is a job for a PERMANENT JOB. I called the recruiter at the company where I had the interview and told them my situation- they were very accommodating to re-arrange for the next day.... I called up Excel and told them a lie to arrive later at the assignment.... While out for the morning I must have received 4 phone calls when will I be in the office... I got there at approximately 12:30 PM call the person I reported to and told them I was here... she then indicated that the coming Friday will be my last day but they need me to come in the Thursday and Friday before New Years... I indicated to her Friday is my last day and I aren’t coming back here for two day because I do not collect charitable contributions.... She must have called over a dozen times to ask if I had changed my mind about coming in Thurs and Fri... to cut a long story short they asked me to stay on while they conduct interviews... I said yes.. but you know what I left them on Friday for an assignment paying more money... so who got the last laugh!!!! I did and to see when I left a message for Excel Partners they called me back two hours after the fact saying that they can’t talk now and we will talk the following morning….but when I told the client I quite they could have spoken at that very minute…. What a pack of legal pimps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JK in Des Plaines, Illinois

93 months ago

It seems that there is a common thread, for the most part, in that many people have had poor experiences with RHI, Addecco, Manpower and others. From a contract and contract-to-hire perspective there are a few things to keep in mind. First the salesperson secures a position for the recruiters to work on and if the salesperson is not really doing his/her job they might scour websites to become a third party supplier, (translation means that the margins go down). Once the job order is secured, the end client has stated what they are willing to pay on an hourly basis and what the contract-to-hire salary will be - these facts are known to the recruiter. Most temp or contract jobs are filled within 7 business days from the original posting. You should expect the recruiter to be able to tell you the project duration, the amount of time they have experience with the end client, ans at least the city in which the position is located. You should know that the billing rate, (what the end client is willing to pay), is the starting point. From there the recruiter commission, the sales commissiom, the insurance cost if insurance is available from the agency, and the gross margin - frequently in the $10-$40 range - are all deducted to arrive at the pay rate, (the hourly rate you will be paid). Knowing this, go to a site like salary.com to determine what someone with background similiar to yours would command, and develop the threshhold rate below which you will not accept the position. If the agency is reputable they will respect the fact that you are willing to perform a job at a given rate. Also check industry publications because if your particular skill set is in higher demand today, (for whatever reason), then you should adjust your expectations accordingly and get the highest rate you can.

93 months ago

Oh...well...NOW I know, as a Corporate Recruiting Manager not to use "agencies" like Adecco, Manpower, RHI, etc. 2 reasons: no smart Senior Technical Recruiter will work for nothing in a nowhere position. Let me enlighten you abit if I may....the hourly rate for a Senior Technical Recruiter on the west coast is: $125/hr, midwest, $75/hr, southwest, $45-55/hr and east coast, accept NYC, $60-65/hr, 1099. Bottom line? We don't NEED you; we're Recruiters. We can find our own next assignment; so all you will ever get at the rate you pay are "order takers". Senior Recruiters KNOW this, they are aware of it and just don't apply to any positions with the gouger companies like Adecco, Manpower and RHI; not to mention of course the disgusting way these companies treat candidates across the board. I mean you all can advertise on the big 3, Careerbuilder, Monster and Dice until the 10th of never; we will never apply...we know better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Using the figures supplied by Jay, if a placement company were to get the listing for a technical recruiter on the West Coast at $125 per hour, this would translate to the Billing Rate. From here a recruiting commission of say $5 would be deducted, a sales commission of say $5 would be deducted, an insurance factor of say $2 would be deducted, an overhead factor of say $15 would be deducted and a margin factor of say $20 would be deducted - meaning that the recruiter would offer the candidate a Pay Rate of $125 - $5 - $5 - $2 - $15 - $20 = $78. Of course, these figures will vary from company to company, but for the most part are accurate on average. As a candidate, knowing what your value in the marketplace is, you can cut those figures a bit, (generally the recruiter and sales commissions are the first cuts made), but expect that movement in this example would not be much more than $20 tops. Use Indeed, with the job title you are responding to and as much information as you know, to find out who might be recruiting for the same job and you might be surprised to find that your Pay Rate will vary depending on who the recruiting firm is.

Sarah in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

93 months ago

I work as a recruiter/Account executive for an engineering firm. and the majority of people that I have out on contract make 2-7 dollars more an hour than the person standing next to him that works for a differnt agency, and sometimes people that work for the company. MOst of our clients give us the pay rate. We add on our Bill rate. We deduct NOTHING from the candidate. If you are working for somebody who does...then you should run for the hills. I make a nice living but I also fill the jobs the my clients in-house recruiters spend months trying to fill and can't. you really need to do your homework on an agency before you jump in with them!

Juan in New Mexico

93 months ago

Hi, can anybody help me?
I worked for adecco in El Paso TX, for 2 days only. I am ready to file my income tax form. The only thing I lack is adecco's W2 form or their Employer ID number. Can anybody that work for them in the past know their ID number? Or does anybody knows how to find their ID number?
Are they good in sending their W2 forms early? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

By law they have to send you a W2 by January 31. If you have not received it within a week later you can call their corporate offices and request an immediate copy as well as the reason they have not complied with the law. You can find corporate phone numbers for many companies at www.manta.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Juan in New Mexico

93 months ago

JK, thank you very much for your information. I greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Juan

No problem. www.manta.com is a helpful free site for company information. You might also use www.dogpile.com and www.infogrid.com when doing research on just about anything. Dogpile is what they refer to as a meta crawler, and functions much like Indeed. Infogrid is a directory of directories. It is a little difficult to use at first, but when you get used to it the site is really, really helpful.

Joe

RSK in Raleigh, North Carolina

93 months ago

As an Account Exec for a reputable staffing company, I agree with Sarah. You couldn't have said it better! We do not determine the pay rate for our candidates, our client and the market determine these. To those folks who are having a hard time with staffing companies, do your homework first!!

Sarah said: I work as a recruiter/Account executive for an engineering firm. and the majority of people that I have out on contract make 2-7 dollars more an hour than the person standing next to him that works for a differnt agency, and sometimes people that work for the company. MOst of our clients give us the pay rate. We add on our Bill rate. We deduct NOTHING from the candidate. If you are working for somebody who does...then you should run for the hills. I make a nice living but I also fill the jobs the my clients in-house recruiters spend months trying to fill and can't. you really need to do your homework on an agency before you jump in with them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Small Town near Big Town in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

93 months ago

RSK said: As an Account Exec for a reputable staffing company, I agree with Sarah. You couldn't have said it better! We do not determine the pay rate for our candidates, our client and the market determine these. To those folks who are having a hard time with staffing companies, do your homework first!!

Let me ask you this then, even after proving that you have the skills/knowledge/backgroun,how do you "negotiate" a reasonable rate without losing the job? I think it is despicable and insulting for a company to "offer" 20-25% less than avg rate OR give tell agencies they're filling an entry level and you are doing executive or higher work. Yes - I've "been there, done that" more than once. I have a second interview for "Admin" job - this is Executive level !

Small Town near Big Town in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

93 months ago

Small Town near Big Town said:
Let me ask you this then, even after proving that you have the skills/knowledge/background, how do you "negotiate" a reasonable rate without losing the job? I think it is despicable and insulting for a company to "offer" 20-25% less than avg rate OR give tell agencies they're filling an entry level and you are doing executive or higher work. Yes - I've "been there, done that" more than once. I have a second interview for "Admin" job - this is Executive level !

(oops - no spell check here)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SouthernPAer in Chester, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

I am SO glad I came across this forum. I am also glad that temps and recruiters alike are in agreement with how awful some temp agencies are. I have never worked with Adecco, so nothing to say there. But I sure have come across some agencies in S.E. PA, where the recruiters are either stupid or downright unethical in employment practices. At this point, I avoid temp agencies 100% after the fiasco with the last one I worked for. Like someone else on here, I am also looking and looking for new work and having no luck...but I don't want to give in to temp agencies again, only to continue to be treated badly. I want to be able to bypass the agencies and get into the real companies. It's been a year and a half, still no luck. So, thank you SOOOO MUCH Burt for that list of how to succeed without these commission-hungry temp agencies.

Some of the ones placing temps actually think they can tell people what jobs they are best suited for. Please. They always prove me right...that they can't...when they tell me that I'm suited for something my resume shows I'm over-qualified for. It's not like I have a masters from Harvard or anything, but the education listed on my resume goes beyond data entry, which is what I'm always told I'm best suited for. I want to tell them they are best suited for gaining comprehension skills before handling others resumes and placing people in the wrong jobs. Then I get the old experience catch 22. The funny thing is, some of these same recruiters are too young to say anything about experience. Others having the same complaints as me only confirms that alot of recruiters are clueless or don't care about anything but commission and the corporate clients.

I found one guy's website with a list of temp agency stories in Manhattan. Someone posted a story that they wanted word processing jobs, but kept getting jobs that had him on the phone all day, not using a word processing app at all. I'll post the link in my next message.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chet in Newton Center, Massachusetts

92 months ago

Burt said: 1. Develop an email list of hiring managers & HR personnel
2. Use your email list on a very regular basis
3. Develop a fax list of companies you would like to work for, be sure the fax number is to HR or department managers
4. Use your fax list on a very regular basis
5. Develop several unique & compelling versions of your message to use in your email & fax distributions. Make them strong, well worded, gramatically correct & most of all short & to the point
6. Build a snail mail list, bombard your targets with varous flavors of your resume & cvr ltrs on a monthly basis. Focus on your msg & not the paper color or font type, keep them basic

These are the most asinine suggestions I have ever heard. Spamming HR people is NOT the way to get noticed, at least not noticed in a good way. You may also want to remember that sending unsoliciited faxes may be illegal.

Colored paper? Are you in 1st grade???

As a hiring manager who has hired hundreds of people, I will tell you right now that these suggestions will get you nowhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SouthernPAer in Chester, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I just wanted to point out that Burt says "keep it basic" - which sounds like he means white paper. That's as basic as it gets. He did't say to use colored paper.

As far as unsolicited emails/faxes...I've sent my resume numerous times by fax and email whether or not there was a specific job opening. Yet it never led to legal trouble. They know people look for jobs. It seems like these days, you can't just send your resume once, sit back, wait, then expect to be chosen for a job. You have to keep at, or you're not interested enough. Burt may have given you the wrong idea with "bombarding." But you just can't be the complete opposite in a job search.

Overall, I wish the temp agency thing had never happened. You can't get decent medical benefits, and you might not work with the same agency long enough to qualify. Some agencies require temps to work 1200 - 1500 hours to qualify.

Sometimes, an agency will tell me they don't have any jobs right now. If it happens too long, it's back to temp agency hopping, and I have to start over with building up those hours. Each time, hoping that this time, the job will go from temp-to-permanent and I won't have to deal with agencies anymore. Our government should do something to make those hours transfer among agencies. If something serious comes up in the meantime, I'll get wiped out financially or I'm a goner. How is that right? I bet the agency recruiters have great medical benefits. So why should they care? That's why I wish our society could just have direct hiring.

My other problem with temp agencies is how unstable my temping makes me look. The HR at real companies seem to look at it as though I don't want to settle with one company. But it couldn't be further from the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Still Persevering in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

92 months ago

SouthernPAer said: I just wanted to point out that Burt says "keep it basic" - which sounds like he means white paper. .. How is that right? I bet the agency recruiters have great medical benefits. So why should they care? ... one company. But it couldn't be further from the truth.

I agree with you. I was at a Fortune 500 company for 18 years, at the top of my grade, with very good reviews, many "consistently exceeds" - however, due to big cuts - I was laid off. Since then, I've had 3 permanent or "temp-to-perm" jobs, so, my resume looks like I've been job jumping. Left: Job supported by grant, grant not renew; admin job re-centralized back to Corp office; home business, owner has died; took job - no work after 6 wks. How can you express, these things are way out of your control? Also, why can't I turn down jobs or be "released" from a job that is not pleasant or if I have a "boss" that is harassing. I know I can report, but, that does no good either.
Far from what I'd like. In interviews I've stated that temping is good because I acquire skills that I didn't before. However, there is that STIGMA, that you don't want to work or temping is lower skilled. I don't know how to get past this. Also, with over 20 yrs experience, there comes the unsaid age thing. If you saw me or saw me at work, you'd never know. I love my profession, but, am having a hard time getting past the 5 jobs in 5 yrs and over 20 yr experience. I am not just good at what I do - I'm VERY GOOD. Thanks for the ears.

Kim in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

People amaze me!! The temp services dont choose what the temp is being paid. The client company dictates the employee pay rates.
Any recruiter should know this!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Quick thought... in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

Kim said: People amaze me!! The temp services dont choose what the temp is being paid. The client company dictates the employee pay rates.

Kim:
Some different staffing agencies do pick pay rates for employees even though the client might tell them to pay more. They want the margin to be there, higher profits, you know the deal. Anyway, I work for a staffing agency in Illinois (I know, corp. changes my address to WI) But, out of 4 agencies here in my town, only 2 of the agencies pay what the client says. The other 2 agencies here in town usually pay $2-$3 less then what we pay. You would like to think employees don't discuss pay, but let's be real, of course they want to know what Joe Blow next to them makes per hour. That is why we have had numerous people switch to our agency. Anyway, in your area, it might be true that the client picks the rate and everyone sticks to it, but unfortunately, ethical practices do not apply across the board. But overall, you are right, the client should be responsible for deciding the pay rate to the employee.

Still Strong in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

91 months ago

Kim said: People amaze me!! The temp services dont choose what the temp is being paid. The client company dictates the employee pay rates.

I'm sure the agency contracts a certain $$/hour for a position with the company. However, as forum history has shown, some agencies pockt more of this money than others. ALSO, these are usually the SAME AGENCIES that underpay the temp adn have absolutely no benefits: medical, sick time, or you work 8 months for a louse 2 days vacation! That is what is sickening. They are literally leeching of the "temp employee".

91 months ago

This is such BS. I have interviewed with 2 companies, for the same position - one was $6 less than the other. The recruiter was out of state, I told him I had pasted the companies tested 6 months ago and could not take the low salary ALSO, I had not even registered with this agency WITH w2'S. I didn't know how I'd be paid!
During the Friday interview - I told the company person I could not confirm taking position for four days (due to waiting on three of the offers/interviews).
Left VM with recruiter "thought it went well and I need to clarify some things with him. No call
The very next work day, got 6:45 PM e-mail from recuiter stating I GOT THE JOB and started following Monday - without even talking to me first !! If I had taken job, I would have missed 2 interviews and a confirmed offier.
He was such a schmuck. Later he denied that he accepted job/start date, I reminded him I could not work for that salary. His response "I've already submitted you at this rate". Too bad, so sad. BAD BAD sales person.

91 months ago

This is such BS. I have interviewed with 2 companies, for the same position - one was $6 less than the other. The recruiter was out of state, I told him I had pasted the companies tested 6 months ago and could not take the low salary ALSO, I had not even registered with this agency WITH w2'S. I didn't know how I'd be paid!
During the Friday interview - I told the company person I could not confirm taking position for four days (due to waiting on three of the offers/interviews).
Left VM with recruiter "thought it went well and I need to clarify some things with him. No call
The very next work day, got 6:45 PM e-mail from recuiter stating I GOT THE JOB and started following Monday - without even talking to me first !! If I had taken job, I would have missed 2 interviews and a confirmed offier.
He was such a schmuck. Later he denied that he accepted job/start date, I reminded him I could not work for that salary. His response "I've already submitted you at this rate". Too bad, so sad. BAD BAD sales person.

Joe Kurtzke - aka JK in Des Plaines, Illinois

91 months ago

Typically the salesperson contacts the end client and negotiates a rate that is paid to the temp firm, (Bill Rate). The principals or managers at the temp firms have guidelines as to what margins need to be adhered to and what will be paid to the temp, (Pay Rate). Sometimes the salesperson has to negotiate a lower rate to get the deal, sometimes the firm needs to get a larger margin because there is not enough volume to meet projections and sometimes a higher margin is simply greed at work.

The person acting as the temp should have a rate that they believe they are worth and should not deviate unless they get some sort of concession from the firm in exchange.

This is what you can expect with most firms. You can either find a firm that you work well with and that respects your skills, abilities and desires, or you can try to go straight perm.

One other alternative to consider is that if you look at the pay rates you can figure that the bill rates will generally be anywhere from $10 to $40 higher. Armed with this you can determine, (through research), what companies traditionally use temps. From there you can contact these folks directly and try to negotiate your own deal as an Independent. You will face the issue that many companies that use temps prefer to use established agencies that they have a long standing relationship with, so be prepared for many of your phone calls to go unreturned.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John from Georgia in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Still Strong in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: I'm sure the agency contracts a certain $$/hour for a position with the company. However, as forum history has shown, some agencies pockt more of this money than others. ALSO, these are usually the SAME AGENCIES that underpay the temp adn have absolutely no benefits: medical, sick time, or you work 8 months for a louse 2 days vacation! That is what is sickening. They are literally leeching of the "temp employee".

------ My comments -----
What infuriates me is when these leech agencies croak and boast about how they have "full benefits". Lousy 50K accidental death policy that costs them a huge $5.00/month, my dog could get that! Its maddening when you accidently find out how much they are billing the client for you, and YOU are DOING THE WORK, not them!

Previous Adecco Recruiter in Bothell, Washington

88 months ago

Burt in Newark, New Jersey said: Stay FAR FAR FAR FAR did I mention FAR away from Adecco!

You are so right on! I was hired as a staffing consultant without any revelant experience. Most of my colleages came from retail. Enough said?

People- You are much better off scheduling your own interviews & selling yourself.

d in Westland, Michigan

87 months ago

I work for Adecco. This is the first time I have ever been on this site. If you still need this I think I can help you. Feel free to email me.
Darcy

Juan in New Mexico said: Hi, can anybody help me?
I worked for adecco in El Paso TX, for 2 days only. I am ready to file my income tax form. The only thing I lack is adecco's W2 form or their Employer ID number. Can anybody that work for them in the past know their ID number? Or does anybody knows how to find their ID number?
Are they good in sending their W2 forms early? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Kulpsville, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Down with Adecco! I have just filed a complaint with them with the EEOC in my state; the charge is deception. Those no good maggot farmers lied to me; I told them I didn't want to work for them anymore. This is only the second time I've been deceived by Adecco; I'm hoping to be picked up by GoodWill or the state. None of this temping horse puckey; it's just so assinine.

KILLIAN in Boca Raton, Florida

85 months ago

ADDECO IS A SHAM -- ABSOLUTE WORST OF THE WORST - -STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ejcontracts in Flowood, Mississippi

83 months ago

I have worked as a recruiter for Adecco for many months, but they would never hire me on for more than an in-house temp. I created hundreds of thousands of dollars in new accounts in a dying area. They are letting me go now because they found out I had some legal trouble about 16 years ago. Taking my clients and putting me in the street. The thing is...I really care about the people I am placing and my clients. I even have to recruit my own replacement. I thought the military was harsh to me when I served, but Adecco is just heartless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Workinforalivin in Janesville, Wisconsin

81 months ago

PLEASE can anybody help me?

I worked for Adecco in Wisconsin, for 2 bloody years. I haven't file my 2006 or 2007 taxes, because Adecco hasn't sent me my W2 from last year. When I told them I am going to get an attorney to get it. They stated I would be terminated on the spot if I did. They are well aware I am a single father and can't afford to lost my job. They use this to there advantage when ever they can. They have been months late paying my expense check, which costs me a ton of fee's (which ofcorse they could give a f#@k about.)

Anyways I am hoping that someone has worked for them and was paid from corporate office in NY (only pay center in north America.) That can give me there Employer ID number off there W2 form or if anyone knows how to find their ID number?
Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

81 months ago

d in Westland, Michigan said: I work for Adecco. This is the first time I have ever been on this site. If you still need this I think I can help you. Feel free to email me.
Darcy

Darcy, it would be great if you could give it to me too..
thanks

Darcy Beagan in Melville, New York

81 months ago

Hi,
I think I can help you but I would need your full name and some other personal info in order to retrieve your w2's. Since I know you would not release this to just anyone please give me a call at 248 530-0600 x 27. You can also email me @ darcy.beagan@adeccona.com.
Sincerely,
Darcy

81 months ago

Darcy, thanks but i really don't want to get fired .. so i'd rather not tell you who i am... especially, if you true work for them. i just need EIN of corpate office in New York... i can't remember the town but it starts with an N or m but if you turely work for them you'll know it. If you don't want to publish it please email me the ein to Kanddrocks@yahoo.com.. I hope this is true cause i could really use the money...

Joe Kurtzke - aka JK in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

Workinforalivin in Janesville, Wisconsin said: PLEASE can anybody help me?

I worked for Adecco in Wisconsin, for 2 bloody years. I haven't file my 2006 or 2007 taxes, because Adecco hasn't sent me my W2 from last year. When I told them I am going to get an attorney to get it. They stated I would be terminated on the spot if I did. They are well aware I am a single father and can't afford to lost my job. They use this to there advantage when ever they can. They have been months late paying my expense check, which costs me a ton of fee's (which ofcorse they could give a f#@k about.)

Anyways I am hoping that someone has worked for them and was paid from corporate office in NY (only pay center in north America.) That can give me there Employer ID number off there W2 form or if anyone knows how to find their ID number?
Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

If they refuse to comply and/or hold potential termination over your head you have several methods of recourse. First of all, if they do not send the W2 as required by law you should have contacted the IRS immediately. There are options that will allow you to create an estimated W2. By not filing because an employer did not send a W2 you potentially put yourself in an awkward position with the IRS at best and subject yourself to penalties as well. Second, if an employer takes any sort of retalitory actions against you for a reason other than a legitimate reason you should immediately send them, (C-Level HQ), a letter outlining the issue and ask how they intend to rectify it. Take all of the documentation to a good Labor Lawyer and let him/her handle therest.

Chris_P in Bowling Green, Ohio

81 months ago

Workin..

I am an Adecco Colleague working in Bowling Green, Ohio. From what I'm reading on this board I'm thankful that there aren't any posts from my area.

In order to receive your W2 form on time, it's vital to update your address with Adecco prior to December 15th of the year prior. However, it is also possible after March 1, for your local Adecco representitive to print W2 Forms through the Service Center function in AdeccoNet, our internal website.

If you'd like, I can probably print your 2006 W2 from here, if you call me and request it I can put it into the mail. I'd just need to verify some information about you. Google the Adecco in Bowling Green, Ohio and I may be able to get it for you.

Good luck to everyone, sorry for all of your bad experiences with Adecco, please know that there are some of us out here who are on the side of the Associate. The happier you are as a temp, the happier I am as a Staffer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

me in New York, New York

81 months ago

Chet in Newton Center, Massachusetts said: These are the most asinine suggestions I have ever heard. Spamming HR people is NOT the way to get noticed, at least not noticed in a good way. You may also want to remember that sending unsoliciited faxes may be illegal.

Colored paper? Are you in 1st grade???

As a hiring manager who has hired hundreds of people, I will tell you right now that these suggestions will get you nowhere.

OK, so what WILL get someone somewhere?

terryion in Atlanta, Georgia

81 months ago

I know that all of you are correct for a fact. I work for Adecco at this time. They hire the most insensitive, unprofessional people I have ever had to deal with. I make the money as well as others for this agency. They speak to you any kind of way and it seems like they are trained to lie. They give jobs to friends or those they see fit instead of those who are qualified and need. I am working for a company now, that uses them and I am working on changing that soon. If I didn't have to work for a temp agency for the time being I wouldn't. The experience has been mind boggling.

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey

81 months ago

I wish I would have found this site BEFORE I took a job with Adecco in Newark, NJ. It would have saved me a lot of money on blood pressure medication.
Adecco is one of the most poorly run and unprofessional agencies I have ever had the misfortune to work with.
The benefits are an absolute joke. Take the "dental" insurance for example. You pay $15.00 or so, per pay period(weekly) so, that around $60 a month (guesstimate) so, that's over $700.00 a year. The plan caps at $500.00. So, how the heck is that insurance. You would be paying MORE in insurance then if you just paid out of your own pocket?

Obviously, it's an illusion. It LOOKS like they are offering you something when they are not. That is only the tip of iceburg of the numerous and shabby ways that adecco temporary employees are treated. Next, is the "holiday pay" which you have to work 480 hours in the preceeding 13 weeeks. So, what happens if you have a 35 hour work week, or you take a week off for vacation or are out sick, there is no way you will be EVER be qualified for the "holiday" pay.

And,a word about adecco "staff", expect to be treated decently in the first interview, once you take the "job" a whole new and most horrible "staff" awaits you. It's like living in hell, without having to die first to get there.

Enough said!

JK7796 in East, Texas

81 months ago

I need Adecco tax id number to file my taxes. Please help.

JK7796 in East, Texas

81 months ago

I know someone here has the id number I need. Please help me out. This is the only company I have ever worked for that waits until the last minute to send W-2's. 1/4 of employess dont even receive them. I need to file my taxes asap. I WILL POST the number on my website next year for all employees to get since Adecco cannot get with the program and provide them for us within reasonable time. Yeah they have till the 31st, but why do they wait until the last minute. This company (since I have worked for 3 other temps this year) is the WORST at sending W-2's!!!!! Dont worry everyone next year, every temp that looks up this website will be vindicated for Adecco's assholeness!

JMac in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

Go to this website:
www.dol.gov/oasam/library/law/lawtips/employeridentificationnumbers.htm

and go to the EDGAR website. Public companies file an SEC filing and their EIN # is usually listed.

Good luck!

Ernie Smith in Newark, New Jersey

81 months ago

Let me know your email address and I will send you the EIN#.

Thanks,
Ernie

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.