Forget about Employment Agencies and Recruiting Firms

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Long Disappointed with Agencies in Palatine, Illinois

94 months ago

If you want to waste your time and energy to enroll, be tested and sit and wait for a call that is never going to come......go to a recruiting agency.

Your time would be best spent searching job boards and only responding to direct employer listings. Unfortunately, when you post your resume so that it can be reviewed by a potential employer, you get calls from agency recruiters all day long. Leave your answering machine on and ignore recruiting agencies! Some sites allow you to exclude ads from agencies......do it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

How True in Palatine, Illinois

94 months ago

When recruiters get your resumes, I think they contact your former employers for leads for themselves. There are many companies out there that we have worked for that have not used agencies in the past, and this is a great source of information for the agencies.

So while you haven't found a new job yet, they are contacting your current employer to let them know they have candidates in the event of a vacancy.

Not sure they really ever try to get YOU a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Independence, Ohio

94 months ago

I believe that is true.. I call Adecco about 3 times per week. I always here, we do not have anything right now.. They only place the people who they want to... I used to work for them in another city and we never treat people the way they do in cleveland.. I do know how they stay in business....

Long Disappointed with Agencies said: If you want to waste your time and energy to enroll, be tested and sit and wait for a call that is never going to come......go to a recruiting agency.
Your time would be best spent searching job boards and only responding to direct employer listings. Unfortunately, when you post your resume so that it can be reviewed by a potential employer, you get calls from agency recruiters all day long. Leave your answering machine on and ignore recruiting agencies! Some sites allow you to exclude ads from agencies......do it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

doug from panama city

93 months ago

adecco in panama city in my personal opinion are liars. Ive asked to call me when anything is available and they say sure..... When I go back and check to see if they have anything available they say sure we will call you and never do........ A BIG WASTE OF TIME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Specially Ifiniti job finders!!!& all in Longwood, Florida

92 months ago

I went today at infiniti,and try to apply for a forklift driver anouncemment,to my sorprise,they told me that they going to check my application ,but that was after I write down all my agencies information,including those ones that never uses (not a offense),2'nd solutions.I been worked for companies such as WINN-DIXIE STORAGES,CARRIER AIR CONDITIONING INDUSTRIES,FRAGILE MERCHANDISE WAREHOUSE'S and a bunch more like this BIG" kinds.Recently have 2 DUI's for driving under alcohol from 2001 and was hired by those companies like THAT',but soon I walked in this Infiniti building I realised that it'is easier to go out and make you own search.Also I would like to say that I never quit any of this jobs,the reason that I'm looking back for it is beacuse I took a fly back to my country and now I'm back,but if I don't find a job in 2 or 3 weeks,I go back and this time to stay,in my country you don't make that much money but the job is there for every one,and also there you "work to live!!" no "live to work",anyway USA is only a temporary source of quik money to take back I'will go to EUROPE!! There is the real BIG CHESSE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.