Adecoo experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Gayle in Amherst, New Hampshire

90 months ago

I spent over 3 hours testing with Adecco over 2 months ago and received one phone call for a "next day, one day" assignment and nothing since then. They are always advertising but I don't truly believe they have much, if anything.

Unfortunately, I am starting to believe all temp agencies are similar.

Gayle
New Hampshire

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in Belvedere Tiburon, California

90 months ago

Adecco didn't do anything for me. Now that I have experience, I called them up hoping to be registered for their services. This agency never bothered to return my calls. So, I gave up. I would rather work in a company not for no agency. A bunch of rude people who worked here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sarju in Preston, United Kingdom

86 months ago

ineed ajob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Melrose Park, Illinois

85 months ago

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I had previously answered an online ad placed by Adecco for a clerical position at a major publishing company. I have a degree and extensive clerical experience. After a 3 hour testing and interview session, I was told that I was definitely going to be placed in the position. I followed up with Adecco several days later and verified that they hadn't placed enough people in the desired positions at the publishing company quickly enough. The publishing company selected another agency. I have called into the agency, but never heard anything from them. I should have known something was wrong when I went in for the testing/interview. The Adecco staffing manager answered the phone about 75 times, from people calling in for work. Of course she didn't have anything available. Bad sign.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kathleen DeMaria in Schenectady, New York

85 months ago

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ADECCO. I TESTED FOR 3 HOURS WITH THEM AND NEVER GOT A CALL FOR ANY POSITIONS. I HAVE LOADS OF EXPERIENCE AND GOOD QUALIFICATIONS. OTHERS I HAVE TALKED TO HAVE SAID THE EXACT SAME THING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kathleen in Schenectady, New York

85 months ago

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ADECCO. I TESTED FOR 3 HOURS WITH THEM AND NEVER GOT A CALL FOR ANY POSITIONS. I HAVE LOADS OF EXPERIENCE AND GOOD QUALIFICATIONS. OTHERS I HAVE TALKED TO HAVE SAID THE EXACT SAME THING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gayle in Amherst, New Hampshire

85 months ago

I agree. I had a similar experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

These maggot farmers stink! Supposedly had a job with Citigroup, but could not get fingerprints off me. This position was not a monetary position, and I don't think the fingerprints should have been required. A lot of people I knew were in the same position. Also, the fingerprints could have been read by the Wackenhut reps and not the stupid FBI. Those dufuses don't know what the Sam Hill they're doing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

becky in massachusetts in Maynard, Massachusetts

73 months ago

applied for a job on their website, got a rude phone call from someone telling me my skills werent strong enough for $14 an hour. even after i told her i ran a store by myself. for almost 8 years. every response was yeah uh huh sure..she was like we dont have any positions available for you but call us once a week, i told her sarcastically yeah i will be sure to do that not. i wouldnt recommend them to anyone very rude. i've had good experiences with the resource connection and hollister staffing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hawk in Naperville, Illinois

15 months ago

Gayle in Amherst, New Hampshire said: I spent over 3 hours testing with Adecco over 2 months ago and received one phone call for a "next day, one day" assignment and nothing since then. They are always advertising but I don't truly believe they have much, if anything.

Unfortunately, I am starting to believe all temp agencies are similar.

Gayle
New Hampshir

chicago adecco really stinks, alot of bad attitude.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Ottawa, Ontario

12 months ago

Dee in Melrose Park, Illinois said: I am sorry to hear about your experience. I had previously answered an online ad placed by Adecco for a clerical position at a major publishing company. I have a degree and extensive clerical experience. After a 3 hour testing and interview session, I was told that I was definitely going to be placed in the position. I followed up with Adecco several days later and verified that they hadn't placed enough people in the desired positions at the publishing company quickly enough. The publishing company selected another agency. I have called into the agency, but never heard anything from them. I should have known something was wrong when I went in for the testing/interview. The Adecco staffing manager answered the phone about 75 times, from people calling in for work. Of course she didn't have anything available. Bad sign.....

Hi, my friend.I will have an interview with adecco next week. But they asked me to show them SIN, Photo ID as well as void check. Is this the normal procedure? I'm waiting for your reply. Thank you very much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gnote in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

Every time I see a job advertised by Adecco I say 'yuck' and avoid it. I had a phone interview with one of their recruiters. He was beyond rude and condescending. He was full of attitude and made some kind of negative comment that my resume was not "detailed" enough, and asked me if I had experience working with the elderly population. I realized that this rude jerk was also probably so dumb he did not even know what the word "geriatric" meant and was too lazy to do a search and look it up. Every job I had listed had something to do with working with the elderly (aka geriatric) population, and sheesh, how detailed is a one-page resume supposed to be?. I still reel thinking about that most unpleasant encounter. I complained to the company and never heard a word from them. Is this how a so-called reputable company represents itself. By the way, I was more than qualified for the position.

gnote in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

Sam in Ottawa, Ontario said: Hi, my friend.I will have an interview with adecco next week. But they asked me to show them SIN, Photo ID as well as void check. Is this the normal procedure? I'm waiting for your reply. Thank you very much!

No, it is not normal to ask for any of that information until you receive a job offer, especially the voided check on your first interview. Never give out your banking information. With a social security number and bank account number, others basically have all the info they need for your identity.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.