Adecco fighting my unemployment claim to the end

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Ren in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey

82 months ago

I was employed by them for a few months. That assignment ended, and I called in diligently for the next 8 weeks!! asking for work. Nothing, Nothing, Nothing...

Many months later, I filed an NJ unemployment claim. They claimed I quit. OK, I had a hearing, and I won. Just got a letter, now they are appealing.

OK, it is their right to appeal, but if I lose, I will have to personally repay the State of New Jersey thousands of dollars. If they lose, it is a few minor "experience" points on their record.

Be aware that this is how they treat former employees. Ones who were ready and willing to work. Ones that showed up every day and billed 40 hours per week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I think you meant Adecco Montvale

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mirela in Saint Louis, Missouri

75 months ago

Hi,
I was employed by addeco april--september (575 hours). May I fill out unemployment claim. Saint Louis, MO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

UserJADE@msn.com in New York, New York

73 months ago

Listen, as soon as your assignment ends FILE AN UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM. DON'T wait for weeks to go by. I worked for Adecco and when my assignment ended, as a matter of fact when I knew it was ending on the last day I called unemployment to initiate my claim, I don't take this lightly. For Mirela I will suggest that you call your unemployment office and ask them if you qualify for to open a claim, don't listen to anyone hear say because they don't know the applicable laws.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Orlando, Florida

51 months ago

Jus curious... whatever happened to their appeal? Adecco is doing the same thing to me... saying I abandoned the job... when my cell phone records CLEARLY shows I called them several times!!! I SO don't want to go through this!!!

Ren in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey said: I was employed by them for a few months. That assignment ended, and I called in diligently for the next 8 weeks!! asking for work. Nothing, Nothing, Nothing...

Many months later, I filed an NJ unemployment claim. They claimed I quit. OK, I had a hearing, and I won. Just got a letter, now they are appealing.

OK, it is their right to appeal, but if I lose, I will have to personally repay the State of New Jersey thousands of dollars. If they lose, it is a few minor "experience" points on their record.

Be aware that this is how they treat former employees. Ones who were ready and willing to work. Ones that showed up every day and billed 40 hours per week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Curious in Orlando, Florida said: Jus curious... whatever happened to their appeal? Adecco is doing the same thing to me... saying I abandoned the job... when my cell phone records CLEARLY shows I called them several times!!! I SO don't want to go through this!!!

Would you believe that they didn't show up for the appeal, and I won by default! In New Jersey, first there is a hearing. The party that loses at the hearing has the right to appeal. The hearing and the appeal are held by phone, with the right to submit written matter. I did a lot of work to prepare for the hearing, such as research the laws regarding unemployment and the rules to qualify, and I submitted a "brief"; basically a letter stating my position in writing (called in, no work). I may even have submitted my phone records into evidence. I won the hearing, Adecco appealed, I prepared for the appeal, the examiner called me and tried to get Adecco on the phone and was unsuccessful, and I won again by default.

The best advice I can give is to prepare as much as you can. Submit your phone records in writing. That's good evidence. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Ridgewood, New York

30 months ago

UserJADE@msn.com in New York, New York said: Listen, as soon as your assignment ends FILE AN UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM. DON'T wait for weeks to go by. I worked for Adecco and when my assignment ended, as a matter of fact when I knew it was ending on the last day I called unemployment to initiate my claim, I don't take this lightly. For Mirela I will suggest that you call your unemployment office and ask them if you qualify for to open a claim, don't listen to anyone hear say because they don't know the applicable laws.

Hello My name is stephanie. I know it has been some time since you replied but hopefully u receive this. I just finished a job a week ago and I am thinking about filing and was wondering since u filed immediately, if you had any legal issues like Ren. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.